Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: {Succession} The Museum remade  (Read 11809 times)

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: {Succession} The Museum remade
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2008, 11:23:26 pm »

17th Slate

For days now I've been plagued by a dilemma. One of the previous curators (one before my time here) had ordered a number of statues constructed years ago. With the deconstruction of the masonry district for a proper workshop area, I am somewhat stuck as to what to do with the number of low-quality statues there. Most of them are not fit for the museum, being of poor quality, and yet the space they take up is copious and visually distracting.

I've finally settled for having them put up so that they line the walkway to the depot from the outside, just inside the narrow line of cage traps that I have placed at the exit. Fifty-eight statues now line the inside of our entry ramp, providing a specticle for any visitor to see. With luck, they will think the poor craftsdwarfship is simply the effects of time on stone.

22nd Slate

Today I threw Mubzuth Cattenatol, the head planter, into the moat.

I didn't intend to do it. Not at first, anyway. It had started at what was becoming a routine interview with the head of staff for his department. I had been reciving word from Thikut Urrithrakust, Shorast's Book Keeper, that a number of the recently harvested were still sitting in the fields after being picked several days ago. I had called Thikut into my study to ask him why it was such.

"Sir?" He replied in a somewhat confused voice. His eyes cloudy as he stared at me without focusing. They were strange, mismatched, the left blue while the right was a rich brown. Though he was able to walk decently, it was pretty clear that his vision was poor.

"Why are the plants still in the fields, Mubzuth?" I asked again, as politely and sweetly as a Delmarion Dragon asks it's prey to dine with it. Obviously the planter wasn't very bright either, as I had been certain to phrase it in such a way that somone of his caste would be sure to understand it. "It's been a week. At this rate the plump helmets that we need so much right now are going to rot."

Mubzuth looked down and scuffed his toe against the edge of the fresco, Dithbishidith an engraving commemorating the rise of 'Dresor the Tunneler' to leadership of our small community in 201, and mumbled something barely audible.

"What was that?" I asked patiently, pacing around my desk and getting close enough so that I could hear the words of the obviously exceptionally shy dwarf.

He shook his head and repeated it, just loud enough so that I could hear it, "We... well sir... we 'adent been tol to put the harvested plants in the stockpile. The job says planter, nothing about food haulin'"

After calming my temper and unlocking the hatch cover on the exit of moat. I will certainly address this issue. From now on, every dwarf will haul items related to his or her profession!

26th Slate

Today the child Onul Shemshigos, the child of Kogan Olatarbal and Zasit Rullitast the Siege Operator, has become an adult. I've assigned her to apprentice under Astesh Ostrigoth as a brewer, for now.

4th Felsite

Grim news.
Today the baby Zan Elbeloddom was reported missing by his father.
A full-scale search returned nothing of the child except for goblin tracks leading away from the museum.
I am forced to bear the brunt of the parent's blame, for it was during my leadership that this grim event happened. Regardless, there is nothing we can do now except strive to keep our people indoors for the indefinite future.

1st Hematite - End of Spring report

Progress goes well on my projects for this year. A number of rennovations with our labor divisions, some internal reconstruction of our workshop area, and the conversion of the western segment of what appears to have been intended as a poorly-designed tree farm into a stockpile for the copious amount of plants that this harvest has brought in, in exchange for our large crop yields.

Over 80% of the workforce now has a bedroom, and more than nine tenths of those with a bedroom also own a cabinet and coffer. Morale is slowly, but steadily rising across the fortress.

The failed moat project has been walled off to allow the nearly dry brook a chance to refill to the levels that it once was. Eventually we will have a proper moat, in the meantime I've taken to ordering what I can removed from its murky depths.

Construction on my addition to the museum has also begun. The accommodations for the exhibit are approximately 60% complete at the time of this writing. Unfortunately, only 12.5% of the actual exhibit is available as of right now. I feel that my exhibit may only be half done by the end of this year, (provided that the migration arrives on time with new workers to aid in it's construction.) My only real regret about the exhibit is that I am unable to aquire any Carp, Sturgeons, or Longnose Gar to complete one portion of it. Alas, breeds of local small fish will need to suffice.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Implying in any way, shape, or form that nobility are not useful and beneficial to the proper operation of a fortress is a criminal offense of the same potency as treason. Which is punishable by ninety-nine hammerstrokes.

Are you a traitor, Squeegy?

On a serious note, the museum has only one noteworthy smith that I see, who is our Weapon and Armorsmith. The DM is the only other dwarf with a skill above novice in any true smithing skill (Metalcrafting). He's also one of our more skilled Furnace Operators. He is at least as useful as the vast majority of the smiths, barring for the fact that we can't turn him off of particular jobs (which is easy to work around).

As for taming/training, do not forget that he can train regular animals as well (for instance, the fifteen war dogs I had trained and caged when I first started). Plus, when we capture a megabeast to tame and place in the museum he will be the only dwarf capable of doing so in the entire fortress.

Considering he never makes any mandates, nor will he demand anything so long as you give him a decent room it is very clear that he is by far the best noble and clearly useful to have.

Had you given him and the mayor a proper room before your turn had ended, I wouldn't have evicted you or Fox. If things go according to plan, I might give you both back your rooms before the end of the year. But that depends on the museum receiving a fairly high number of ambushes led by kidnapped children.
Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2008, 10:20:29 am »

I TRIED to give him a proper room. I lined up the orders for the beds and armor stands and weapon racks and shit, and left notes detailing what to put where. I'm guessing you completely ignored them.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2008, 05:20:43 pm »

I'm guessing you completely ignored them.

Replace ignored with "noticed and blatently disregarded". A 3x1 Bedroom a happy noble does not make. Especially considering he hadn't even been given the decency of a normal bedroom (along with over half of the rest of the fortress) when there were over twenty beds sitting in stockpiles.

Don't worry, both you and Fox will be getting better rooms soon enough anyway. It'll be fully engraved with the best metallic furniture that we can make and some truely decadent statues for you both to look at. You will both be assigned a private servent and cocubine to wait on you hand and foot. Providing Food, drink, and entertainment for you. It will also have a huge window with an excellent view. Just you wait and see. ^-*

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2008, 05:43:35 pm »

I herby sign up!
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2008, 10:07:08 pm »

OH FOR THE LOVE OF ARMOK, FOX-OF-DOOM!

He didn't make a SINGLE FOOD STOCKPILE. The one you see? Drink. Only.

Were you TRYING to kill us, Fox?

Also, it was a Royal Bedroom for Armok's sake!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 11:53:25 pm by Squeegy »
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2008, 03:49:32 pm »

OH FOR THE LOVE OF ARMOK, FOX-OF-DOOM!

He didn't make a SINGLE FOOD STOCKPILE. The one you see? Drink. Only.

Were you TRYING to kill us, Fox?

Also, it was a Royal Bedroom for Armok's sake!

Yep, I noticed that.

Don't worry, our food problems are mostly solved now. Nobody starved (although it was close).

Its around summer now. The elves never showed, but we did a lot of trade with the humans. I'll include more in the actual report.

We also had our first siege. Where you and our other champions performed admirably in protecting the archers from getting chewed apart. For some strange reason you didn't have a pick equipped when I looked at you, so I've assigned you to train with a sword. You'll get your bedroom back once I get some proper quarters for Malakai dug out. Fox, however, will not.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2008, 11:42:47 pm »

No, damnit! Give me a spear!
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2008, 01:01:44 am »

Try giving him a hammer instead.

We don't get along at the musem, do we?
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2008, 01:58:53 am »

Spear it is. Although I don't particularly like spears due to the training accident potential, you pretty much stopped half the seige yourself.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2008, 02:29:45 pm »

Indeed, I am awesome.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 20, 2008, 12:26:02 pm »

Sorry for the lack of updates people. Left 4 Dead stole my soul this week. (If you like shooters, teamwork oriented games, zombies, or horror moveis I highly recommend that game for you. Hell, even if you DON'T I recommend it.)

I'll try and an update out tonight after I get home from work.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2008, 06:16:30 pm »

All right, I'm at the end of summer now. Trading with the humans went well, and our larders are fuller than they've ever been. We have different crops growing year-round, and a constant production of all major industries going full-tilt. Nearly every dwarf now also has a bed, cabinet, and coffer of some sort or another.Currently Squeegy is still bunking in a small room. However once I finish with the housing problem I will begin construction on my own bedroom and give Squeegy back his. No harm done, right? ^^

The river, which had been drained in a previous turn, is slowly beginning to refill thanks to my conservation efforts. This means chiefly that my successor will have much higher FPS than I did due to the elimination of flows. The underground pool is still half-full, and I haven't thought of any way to empty it to get at the moderatly rare bones within. I will need to leave that for another curator another year, as I will not have time.

Our forge has seen a minor expansion, mostly in Magma glass furnaces, a magma kiln, and a few more smelters. Every smelter is pretty much constantly running full-tilt right now to produce bars, although steel production has slowed due to a lack of charcoal. We do not lack wood mind, it's mostly my own fault of telling our wood burner to make ash for potash to make into pearlash.

By late summer I still have not recived any migrants. I'm not terribly concerned about that right now, as the fortress isn't ready for a Baron yet. However, if I do get a Baron/Baroness there will be no lack of low-priced homes for the less wealthy. Job names are a little messed up right now as well, since I've been working to retrain our masons to do more useful work. If you see a dwarf with a custom title that doesn't match their skills, please make sure someone else can cover his or her job before simply swapping them over.

My exhibit is now 95% done architecturally, 75% done beutificationally, and 25% finished content-wise. When my turn is over, I will make a request to any future curators to help me in finishing my exhibit, as it will probably take many years to acquire all of the parts of it.

In recent events, Dresor has killed a Titan. In commemoration of this event I have given him the title "Hero".

And now, for the logs:

11th Hematite

The human caravan arrived from Dur Kas arrived today. I had to cancel the party our book keeper was in, and "convince" him to work when he attempted to tell me he was on break. Although we do not have a Hammerer, mentioning the sheriff seemed to bring the fool to his senses.

15th Hematite
We are under siege!

Forces led by Ngebzo Gaspaem, the Goblin Hammer Lord, Stozu Udustozu, the Goblin Elite Crossbowman, and Aslot Zesmstumngokang, the Goblin Swordsman have begun a large offenseive on our home! I've ordered our military to move out to repel them at any cost! They must not reach the museum!

17th Hematite
"Get those civilians inside!" Squeegy shouted above the clamor as the members of Liumlegen military hurried to their posts. His face grim as he grabbed  mason after mason and bodily threw them inside. "What the bloody hell do you think you are doing fool! There are goblins out there!"

The mason he grabbed sputtered from the force of the blow, "Sir, we've still got some copper out there. We need to get it in before the goblins get here."

"Copper? Copper? It's your life you should be protecting fool, not our least precious metal! Get inside." Squeegy then threw him back towards the gate, his face set as the militia arrived one by one. Many of them will trouseled hair or reeking of ale. "Hurry up lads!" he shouted, waving as they rounded the bend and took out their weapons,"We've got a battle to fight!"

The lead dwarf, a crossbowman by the name of Shem Migrurfikod was the first to arrive, swiftly bowing as he approached the lead military dwarf in the museum, "Sir, a report from the west. Two more goblin squads have been sighted, they are marching north around the residential district."

"What could they be doing there... Shem, you and Tekkud get onto the walls and take out as many of them as you can before the reach the entrance. Waste no time, lives are staked on it." Sparing a look around the barracks, he noted every face present and paused for a moment. "Wait a moment... where is Ezum?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At that very moment Ezum Melbilkubk was charging across the line of traps from her post at the gate, immediatly nailing a powerful shot on Ngom Kagusxuspgas' head with the flail she had borrowed from the merchants caravan. As he reeled back she pushed him relentlessly, striking his head with a second powerful blow and causing it to break open with a sickening crunch.

"Attack my home will ye? Die foul beast!" She shouted, her child crying as the goblin's blood spilled through the cracks of the stone bridge. The swordmaster dropped like a sack of bricks, his body falling into her third blow, that sent the goblin flying into the wall. His chest caved in as he hit with a sickening crunch, a bloody smear trailing above him as he slid down.

Behind him a squad of bowgoblins crested the ram, their pinched faces open in shock as they saw their leader's broken body at the feet of the dwarven warrior. At first it seemed they would fleed, their morale shaken, until one of the goblins shouted a war cry and began to loose his ammunition at the dwarf. Arrows few from the goblin's wicked bows, their shafts filling the air. Dozens of shots glanced away from Ezum's  steel armor as she crouched over her child, her shield covering her face as the blakened shafts flew past yer. She began to walk forward, neither rushing nor hesitatant as the bowgoblins continued to fire. On either side of them the burly goblin guards quickly racing forward to slow her assault.  Ezum spared only a moment for them, her first blow driving the lead goblin to the ground with a powerful downward strike and laying him out stunned.

Nearby, the miner and reserve warrior Oddom Girethkubuk had seen the commotion. Without waiting to grab armor or any weapon save his pick he had raced too Edem's side, his pick flashing quickly to catch the wrestler on the ground not unlike the earth and stone he normally quarried. He swung in an efficient and practiced manner, driving it's way towards the wrestler's left arm. The goblin twisted at the last moment despite the pain and the blow was superficial, the pick lodging in the goblin's flesh and dragging the stout miner with it, his leg brought directly into the line of a crossbow bolt.

The melee continued for several minutes as such. The seemingly endless wave or wrestlers blocking the two dwarven combatants as wave after wave of arrows and crossbow bots slowly began to accumulate hits on their bodies. Edem's baby, Ablel Ideninen, was hit by a wayward punch, her leg getting mangled by the strike. Another bolt found it's way into a chink in Edem's armor, locking into her upper arm and forcing her to drop her shield. Around the two of them an ever-growing pool of blood began to spread. Dwarven and goblin life-essance mingling and merging until neither side was able to tell what the other was anymore, save that it was two against twenty.

Oddom was the first of the three to die. His numerous wounds finally overcoming his will to fight. When he came face to face with a swordsgoblin, he was driven back and his arm was sliced open. Eventually falling to the ground, unable to fight. For some time after that Ezum held the goblins assault at bay for several minutes then. Their numbers keeping her from landing any more deadly wounds on the beasts.Eventually however, her agility and strength were not enough. A shot intended for her throat was sent wayward, instead striking into the flesh of her child. As she shrieked in rage, dropping the infant, a goblin arrow struck her in the chest.

Ezum stood there for a moment as the shock reached her head. The goblins falling back as she ceased her relentless attack. She looked down, her breath short as she saw blood pouring out of her pierced heart. Then she fell forward, dead.

Hardly a secodn later Urvad Nisherith and Meng Avecilob arrived on the scene. Their faces grim as they finished off the last two wounded goblin wrestlers at the gates. By the time they had finished the chaff, the archers had long since fled into the night.

18th Hematite
Today, as we prepare for the second assault, an emergancy election was held. It was clear that Shorast was not doing his job properly, having too few guards at the gates in case of a goblin attack such of them. In a hurry, votes were tallied and one of the planters, Mebzuth Cattenatol, was elected mayor. I have told our Book Keeper to assign her the mayorital suit effective immediatly and to keep her as happy as we can while the rest of us do our jobs and keep the museum running.

19th Hematite

Today the goblin Ngebzo Gaspaem himself arrived, his splendid iron armor glinting in the setting sun.

This time we were ready for them. Squeegy was there at the front lines. His massive frame dancing like lightning as he battled the goblins at the gate. Behind him our crossbowmen peppered the goblins with bolts, downing them three at a time and driving the rest of them into traps.

Within an hour it was ended. The only casualties being the carpenter Tosid Tathurkogan, who had been drafted at the last moment to help with the lines, and two cats.

The battle is over, and four of our own now lie dead. Including one of our finest warriors. However, not all is lost. Six goblins were captured in the battle, their lives only spared by the fact that I had chosen the trusty cage traps over less reliable (and far more dangerous) weapon traps. They are at MY mercy now.

Muhahaha!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 03:00:10 pm by Jamini »

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2008, 07:50:13 am »

22nd Hematite
The first of the tower-caps are growing in today, I've ordered them chopped down to increase our wood stockpiles.

25th Hematite
Today I noticed that Squeegy was still near the gates, watching over the drawbridge with a woeful look. At first I was willing to give the ex-curator a pass, but after hours of watching him looking I stopped by to talk to him.

His response was immediate, his stubby fingers pointing to a spear in the grip of a half-unconscious goblin caught in our traps. I told him to not worry about it, and promised to make him a Steel spear as soon as dwarfishly possible to make up for the weapon that was beyond his reach. The sad, forlorn look he gave the weapon was almost sickening as I took him inside to go over the security details with him.

3rd Malachite

We caught another snatcher today in our cage traps. I've had him put up with the others.

9th Malachite

Mebzuth has mandated the construction of three mittens, on the pain of death.
Crazy commoner! Who does she think she is? She is nothing but an elected official, the voice of the people. Not one of use true-blooded and bloodied elite who deserve the power of our position.

Never less, her mandate stands under dwarven law. Perhaps upon seeing the madness that even their own are willing to cause when in power, they will recognize the stability and common sense of us nobles.

Yes, Mebzuth will get her mittens... Muhahahaha!

8th Galena

Goden Dallithudil has officially be recognized by Squeegy as a Hammer Lord.
We threw a small party is his honor.

11th Galena

A booming voice woke me from my slumber today, my room shaking from the power of the sound as I tumbled from my bed as gracefully as was possible under the circumstances. My first sleepy thoughts being that of a cave-in or earthquake. It wasn't until the second sentence that I realized the the earthquake was speaking words in the common tongue, and that the booming and shaking were swiftly approaching footsteps.

At once I raced towards the door, finding the hallway outside empty, and then down the short passageway to the  stairs and onto the residential tower. My coat only half-buttoned and my breath short in the muggy summer morning air. Within moments I was on the battlements, looking across the fields around our home at the titan Niwora Kemaene Pilaemene.

I recognized her immediatly, her scars and markings exactly as the historic texts described her. The long scar where Urvad Sackcounsel had torn her ear in 16 still visible even over a hundred years later. It was unimaginable, looking at such an ageless and powerful creature. Thirty-two she had slain, and countless others defeated, and now... now she had come to Limulegen. A sizable crowd had gathered by now, doubtless having been woken by Niwora's shout. Now they stood next to me and stared, fear and doubt apparent on their faces. Poor plebians; They fail to recognize greatness, even when it stares them in the face.

As the crowd gathered Niwora slowly approached the walls, her low face as stony as the earth around her feet. Stopping just outside of crossbow range, she motioned to the wall and called out for a second time. Her voice grating powerfully like the earth itself. "I haff heard that this place is the home of the Heroes Squeegy and Dresor. Previous curators of the grand dwarven museum. Is this true?"

Climbing ontop of the fortification to meet the height of the Titan I took a deep breath and replied back loudly enough so that Niwora could hear me, despite our great distance. "This is the home of Squeegy the Quick and Dresor the Brave. What do you want with them Poetic Years? Surely one of your strength could better use it elsewhere than at our museum?"

"Flattery earns you nothing, insignificant one." Niwora replied, her hands on her hips in a manner remincant of a human trader, "I haff come to kill dem, and prove beyond any doubt that I am the strongest being in the world!"

"What of Slorron Lungukronux the Dragon? Or Vumom Ceroltathur Ashok Kin, your twin sister? Surely you have yet to prove you are stronger then they?"

"I haff no reason to need to explain myself to you, tiny creature. Send your hero out of your rabbit hole or else I vill tear your precious museum apart with my bare hands!"

As she spoke she lifted a boulder the size of a bed in one hand and casually threw it at the brook, shattering the alunite stone on impact and leaving a large dent in the stream bed. Crossing her arms she quickly surveyed the walls and began to march towards the entrance, unconcerned with our response.

At once I told the nearest dwarf to tell Squeegy and Dresor to meet our uninvited guest. Quelling his protests with a wave of my hand while I followed the titan's march along the inside of our walls. My heart yearned to attempt to catch her, to allow her to enter the gates. However, I knew a number of dwarves were still outside, fetching stones and clothing from  the gobin dead. Anyone caught outside by Niwora would not survive, and although all of them had hid when she had shown herself, it was only a matter of time before fate intervened.

As Niwora circled the last corner of our keep and began to approach the gate, Squeegy and Dresor emerged in their Plate Armor. The steel shining as if polished in the bright morning light. An Iron spear taken from a goblin warrior was in Squeegy's hands, the rusted head long since replaced by a sturdy dwarven tip. Dresor carried no weapon, instead a number of thick Iron chains were wrapped around his armor.  They were like unto gods as they entered the field before the gates.

Squeegy and Niwora spoke for some time. The grim voice of the previous curator inaudible over the distance. Behind him Dresor slowly unwrapped his unusual choice of weaponry, laying them out to ensure that they didn't get tangled. In response to Squeegy's words, Niwora laughed, reaching down and ripping a large nearby sapling out of the ground and stripping it of all branches and leaves in one powerful shake. As she finished her weapon, the titan rumbled something again.

At once Dresor was on her.With a fiersome roar he swung an arm at her, the chains on the ground seeming to whip to life, wrapping themselves around her near leg. Niwora laughed as Dresor braced his legs and began to pull. A second later the titan fell to the ground, her voice choking off in suprise as she was overturned. Her great berth fell backwards and her head slammed into the hard ground.  Even spectating from where I was I could clearly see she was unconscious.

It took Squyeegy and Dresor over an hour to dispatch Titan, even when unconscious.

3rd Limestone

The first section of my exhibit was opened today. Dozens of happy, staring dwarves are now able to watch goblins in their natural environment behind five-foot-thick clear one-way glass.

11th Limestone

The Dwarven caravan from Enornil arrived!

24th Limestone

Kogan Urvalisat the caravan guard caught a goblin thief outside of the gates today. she tackled the beastly humaniod, the two of them tumbling on the ground for a moment before both of them slipped from the ledge. At the same time a squad of speargoblins ambushed our front gates.

After Squeegy and Dresor finished the remaining goblins, they found the twisted body of Unib Emlogem on the side of the entry ramp. He had clearly been tortured, the very flesh scourged from his bones, his legs and arms twisted and broken beyond recognition long before one of the speargoblins had run him through with a spear. When we found him he was still alive, gurgling mindlessly and clinging desperately on to the last threads of his life. We have buried him with the others lost this year to goblins, in the tower of the dead, where even now it is rumored the architecture acts like a conduit. Drawing souls from the world and taking them to the earthly heavens.

27th Limestone

Today Foxey was outside working on the mill when a squad of goblin hammermen caught up with him.

Nible as his namesake he dodged away, fleeing towards the entrance of the fortress, where Squeegy and Dresor met intercepted the goblins and quickly decimated the entire squad within moments.

7th Sandstone

At last, the level at which my room will be constructed has finally been reached.
It will not be long now my pets, soon we shall have a room that is truly fitting a master of beasts and dwarves alike!

12th Sandstone

The merchants have finally left, far less burdened then they were upon arriving. We are in high spirits as construction on the exhibit and my bedrooms continue apace.

15th Moonstone

One of our engravers was suprised by a goblin squad outside today. He likely would have perished except for the actions of the marksdwarf Shem Migrurfikod, who shot down three of the goblins and then proceeded to beat a fourth to dead with his crossbow. In honor of her valor and strength she has been given the title Vagush Assar, or "The Killer of Circumstance" A fitting name.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 03:02:07 pm by Jamini »

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2008, 08:08:53 am »

I am now done with my turn, the save is Here

Obsidian 30th

How fast one year can go, and yet it feels like a lifetime.

I have recived a letter from the king today, reminding me that my tenure as museum curator has ended. The council of the arts has both commended and condemned my actions. I do not mind either way. Food, drink, and board for my fellow dwarves (and myself) have been provided, and many issues that have been needed to be resolved have been.

As I turn over Limulegen to the next honorable dwarf in the line, I feel nothing but pride. Pride, and just a little disappointment. One year just does not feel like it is enough, in the end, to truely make the power of a good leader shine. My only hope is my successor will not cause as much pain as some of my predecessors have. All I ask for is competency, not compliance.

Regardless, I have written a few notes to my sucessor throughout the museum. Information, helpful hints, and explainations of the various workings that I have done this year. Also, I have one final request.

To whomever takes my place as ruler, when you are free and able to do so, would you be so kind as to ensure that any invading men or elves are added to their proper exhibit? I was unable to catch any during my year and now with my turn over I am unable to order it.

To another good year
Malaki Sarrithar

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Right, a few things to wrap up my turn.

1. Food production : We have stocks for at least a year, and the farms are set to automatically grow different plants during different seasons. Right now it shouldn't need much changing, as with current production we will never go hungry.
2. Watch the Mayor. The current one is a planter and has a preferance for Clear Glass and mittens.
3. Housing: We currently have enough beds for everyone, although even one migrant will put us over the cap. I highly recommend following my pattern for housing in the residential tower, because once we get a Baron/Consort we will NEEd cheap homes to avoid a homeless overflow
4. My exhibit : Right below the statue room is my exhibit. It (will be) a collection of the four main sentient beings in the world. Right now I have representatives of the Dwarven and Goblin races. If you ever see a human or elf leading a goblin ambush or siege party, please try and capture them for the other exhibits.
5. The Brook: Do NOT let the brook flow, if you do so the moat will drain out and your FPS will go to shit. I wasn't able to get it all to 7/7 on my turn, but on the next turn it should change over.
6. Winter : Please be careful during winter, in the middle months it freezes for a few days.

Aside from that, god luck!

Oh, and sign me up for the next free slot!

Pure_W

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2008, 02:11:19 pm »

Downloading now!

Am I to dig my own hall out for my exibits?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9