Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: {Succession} The Museum remade  (Read 11813 times)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
Re: {Succession} The Museum remade
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2008, 06:17:44 pm »

Awaiting your log.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vgtheory.blogspot.com
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2008, 10:17:02 pm »

Well I'm not quite done with it yet, but should finish tomorrow.  At the moment we have over 180 statues.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2008, 10:24:22 pm »

Have you secured the pool?

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2008, 10:08:55 am »

The pool isn't secure per say, but there are two wrestlers there with crossbows that seem to kill anything that comes up out of the water.  Also, there's a line of fortifications, but I think I made them too far back.

We have one legendary mason, a legendary bonecarver, and a legendary miner.   Also a fledgling military with bone and iron armor (meaning the sheriff has a full set of iron armor and the rest have bone, but exceptional and masterwork bone)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2008, 08:50:20 pm »

Uhh, it's been two days, not one. Log?
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2008, 07:06:42 am »

Sorry I haven't had time to write it up.  I am finished, and will post as soon as I can....Monday at the latest.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2008, 05:45:38 pm »

For God's sake, man, why didn't you write it while you were playing?
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2008, 06:15:39 pm »

For God's sake, man, why didn't you write it while you were playing?

I find that difficult myself...  I have to go back and write everything that happened that season at the end of the season...

And then I use that as a reference for the final report.  Not too bad for a single year though.

(10-20 years though.... well...  it'll be worth it when it's done ^__^)

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2008, 07:33:10 pm »

Note: I take notes, but if I write everything up while I'm doing it it takes 10 days to do 1 year because I keep pausing.  The playing is what takes the longest.

Log:
1st Granite 202

I have taken over control as curator of our grand museum.  By that I mean it will be great, as it is this is little more than a hole in the ground.  No exhibits?  No wonders of the world?  That will not do.

We don’t even have a nice statue garden.  That simply will not do.

7th Slate 202

The entryway to the museum has been carved.  It will be a grand undertaking to get it smoothed, engraved, and to have the statues installed.  It will be grand.  There needs to be something more.  I'm not sure what yet, though.

6th Felsite

Some migrant workers have arrived.  Our population is swelled to nearly 30.  There is no way we can support this population at our current food production levels.

5th Hematite

Digging out rooms for all migrants and the officers.  This will take a long time, as there are over thirty rooms to dig.  Mainly, I'm working on my quarters.  As our new sheriff I see no reason not to gain the benefits of my position.  Also, I've solved the food crisis by utilizing the four fisherdwarves that came with our migrants.

5th Malachite

Even more migrants.  Even our new food production will be limited.  Most of our population is drinking from the river.  I've decided to do two things: First, make a massive smoothing project of our new museum entrance, and a smoothed road to our mountain home as well. 

Additionally, we will have some of our more useless dwarves gather plants that grow on the fertile valley to the west.  We will survive this somehow.

OOC: I lost my notes for the rest of the season due to a word crash, but I have images and my memory, so there are no dates for the rest.

The grand entryway to the museum is finished, now all that remains is a few high quality and masterwork statues to decorate it.  They will soon be in place.  My plan is that future curators can create wings of the museum by expanding in each of the cardinal directions. 

Additionally, our bone carver seemed to be very secretive.  It was very strange.  He ran off and began working, only to emerge with a bone animal trap.  What kind of animal would head into a trap made of animal bones?  I don't know.

Additionally we have secured the pool with two soldiers and some fortifications (both have killed some olms and a cave crocodile) One of our masons has taken to a mason's workshop. but I will not serve as curator when the item is created.  I wish the next curator luck in creating exhibits.  I didn't have nearly enough artifacts to make a decent exhibit, but we do have nearly two hundred statues.

Save:http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=600

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2008, 11:14:14 am »

Next person needs to upload the map as well.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2008, 04:49:35 pm »

The map uploader didn't work for me but I'll try at a later time.

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2008, 06:39:54 pm »

map uploading has never worked for me.  The map-maker can never seem to condense it small enough to upload.

Grabbing the map now, will get to work asap.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2008, 08:45:43 pm »

You're including too many layers.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2008, 06:30:34 pm »

Kurisuken, log soon or skip.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Fox-Of-Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2008, 12:53:33 am »

I'll take a turn if desired to do so.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9