Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 95

Author Topic: Cool things you just noticed in DF  (Read 248276 times)

carebear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cool things you just noticed in DF
« Reply #1035 on: November 29, 2009, 12:00:54 pm »

i also got a message i never got before:

"You lash The Goblin Animal Trainer in the lower body with your Iron scourge!"
"It is broken!"
"The Goblin Animal Trainer`s entrails SHOOT out through the wound!"
The spinning Goblin Animal Trainer's entrails hit you in the head!
Your head has been pierced!
Urist has bled to death.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: November 29, 2009, 03:50:34 pm »

i also got a message i never got before:

"You lash The Goblin Animal Trainer in the lower body with your Iron scourge!"
"It is broken!"
"The Goblin Animal Trainer`s entrails SHOOT out through the wound!"
The spinning Goblin Animal Trainer's entrails hit you in the head!
Your head has been pierced!
Urist has bled to death.
that would suck.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Crayron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: November 30, 2009, 01:47:38 am »

I found it pretty cool how uhm, in the Human town I started in, in adventure mode, there was a bunch of stone engravings.  I didn't know that towns and stuff did that.

Nobody1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: November 30, 2009, 04:42:36 am »

If you mod the entity_standard.txt and set the dwarves' default and preferred sites to towns...you can buy much better stuff than the humans sell.  And you can, as a dwarf, more easily find a mayor or monarch to give you quests then the long, dull search through the featureless Mountainhomes.

Then you make the elves and goblins also live in towns, so when you go on a rampage of slaughter, everyone's easier to find, the nearest cover is easier to get at when you need to run, and there are fewer trees for archers to pop out from and nail you.  Once the dark fortresses actually become interesting instead of monotonous, I'll turn them back on, but for now...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: November 30, 2009, 05:25:09 am »

I usually make a wolrld where each race has towns when I want lots of adventuring fun. Well, this is the most complete type of site for now. Also dwarven/goblinoid towns breach chasms and underground rivers quite often, which leads to FUN.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Crayron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: December 06, 2009, 10:50:09 am »

Something else I just found out today.  In a human town, I was sent to kill a Wolf.  I didn't think that one wolf would be particularly strong enough, that they'd need me to kill it :P

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: December 06, 2009, 03:36:28 pm »

Yes, now you just need to find and kill the RIGHT wolf. I foresee a possible endangered species in the near future.

I'm betting that once you finally find the wolf they want you to kill, it's gonna rip your throat out.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: December 06, 2009, 03:53:59 pm »

Mountainhome caravan just have brought me a copper cage menacing with spikes of FINELY CRAFTED pig tail.
Finis sanctificat media.

Crayron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: December 06, 2009, 05:10:29 pm »

Yes, now you just need to find and kill the RIGHT wolf. I foresee a possible endangered species in the near future.

I'm betting that once you finally find the wolf they want you to kill, it's gonna rip your throat out.

I actually went to where I was supposed to, it was a cave.  And I was like.  Hrmmm, maybe he's just chillin' in here, like giants and stuff do.  So, I look through the cave... But he wasn't there.  Then I went above and walk a bit to the north, and lo-and-behold, there he was.  Just hangin' out.  I walked up to him, first hit I lobbed his head off, and that was all there was to it. XD

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: December 06, 2009, 05:14:43 pm »

@Grax: *whispers* Its pigtail cloth
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

JohnLukeG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: December 06, 2009, 05:16:04 pm »

I embarked on a Dark Fortress that was conquered by dwarves.  It had an underground road leading out of the map, which was awesome.  I sealed myself down in the deep with the underground road (which was originally connected to the dark fortresses through a cave system) and stayed down there for a few years.  It was great to have traders appear underground already so you can get them during sieges.  That and the dwarves declared war on me after a while because I was playing as goblins, and I was safe underneath their towers.

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: December 06, 2009, 06:19:54 pm »

wait.. traders will come in through underground roads? SWEET

will invaders come in through them too?

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: December 06, 2009, 08:25:06 pm »

I embarked on a Dark Fortress that was conquered by dwarves.  It had an underground road leading out of the map, which was awesome.  I sealed myself down in the deep with the underground road (which was originally connected to the dark fortresses through a cave system) and stayed down there for a few years.  It was great to have traders appear underground already so you can get them during sieges.  That and the dwarves declared war on me after a while because I was playing as goblins, and I was safe underneath their towers.

Wait, seriously?  I've never seen this before.

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: December 06, 2009, 09:53:21 pm »

Mebbe this is old hat but I found out you can train your advent;s wrastling skill by hitting [C] and selecting "Strike in combat" or something and instead of grabbing that 5th toe, left leg on the hoary marmot you can just punch the fucking thing with your bare hands.

So yes, this means your guy can punch out a horse, polar bear or a pack of wolves. Just swinging and hittan'.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: December 06, 2009, 10:26:14 pm »

You are only awesome when you punch out a size 2000 dragon.
And any unarmed combat increases wrestling skill

(I only made them size 2000 so some could survive and some ruins would pop up.
That led to when I stopped at year 1000 to stop the lag.)
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 95