Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 95

Author Topic: Cool things you just noticed in DF  (Read 248215 times)

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
Re: Cool things you just noticed in DF
« Reply #900 on: October 10, 2009, 10:09:38 pm »

I think he is talking about the temple.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Hummingbird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: October 10, 2009, 11:07:31 pm »

I just barged into some humans' homes right at sunset, and I could tell that they were having dinner, because their $alder table$ had $wolf meat$ and $groundhog meat$ on it.
But Elves aren't Vegetarians. They eat people.
So they are humanitarians.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: October 10, 2009, 11:09:36 pm »

This story ends with a "and then I killed them", doesn't it.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: October 10, 2009, 11:13:57 pm »

Hm, most of my stories involve "OH SHIT SOF!" or "OH SHIT ARCHERS"

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: October 11, 2009, 07:58:58 am »

I found out that if you wrestle an opponents weapon away, it turns from (weapon)man to Wrestler.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: October 11, 2009, 09:53:27 am »

It totally doesn't. Does it?
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

bamorrow

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McMason has been feeling clever lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: October 11, 2009, 11:37:13 am »

Well, it *can* change.  If you have a companion with a weapon that can get stuck in (swordsman, axeman, pikeman, spearman, etc.), and they lose it by it getting stuck in a beastie or enemy, they'll eventually (should they live long enough following you around, you bastard) train up their wrestling skill enough that their title will change to wrestler.  If they are an elite version of any of those titles though, it won't change anymore.

So the scenario described is plausible.  The enemy's wrestling skill could've been high enough that it changed shortly after losing the weapon.

KAlSi3O8

AdvancedBen2E

Hummingbird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: October 11, 2009, 12:16:32 pm »

Yes, but it wasn't completely indiscriminate because I was playing an elf whose civ had been at an epic war with said humans' civ since year 6.  (Pretty awesome story in that too, by the way; I might post it on the Worldgen thread sometime.)  Anyway, I was sent on a quest to kill a Recruit, so I was systematically entering and clearing a bunch of hovels trying to find the guy. 

Randomonioum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: October 11, 2009, 02:23:30 pm »

Yes, but it wasn't completely indiscriminate because I was playing an elf whose civ had been at an epic war with said humans' civ since year 6.  (Pretty awesome story in that too, by the way; I might post it on the Worldgen thread sometime.)  Anyway, I was sent on a quest to kill a Recruit, so I was systematically entering and clearing a bunch of hovels trying to find the guy. 

Yes, but it wasn't completely indiscriminate because I was playing an elf whose civ had been at an epic war with said humans' civ since year 6.

because I was playing an elf

I was playing an elf

:o
If you gave them a biome then the Elves may indeed start turning up with Wagons in cages.
Well, it does tie in to the fact that personality-wise, dragons are nothing more than gigantic, scaly, firebreathing cats.

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: October 11, 2009, 03:45:40 pm »

That vid of Bituminous Coal burning, its the items that were burning, not the walls.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: October 11, 2009, 04:56:33 pm »

I was playing with my dwarven legendary wrestler, and I wrestled an axeman's halberd from him, threw it at him (Stuck in to him too!) and then loo{k}ed at him. It said Wrestler.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

bamorrow

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McMason has been feeling clever lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: October 11, 2009, 11:00:48 pm »

I was playing with my dwarven legendary wrestler, and I wrestled an axeman's halberd from him, threw it at him (Stuck in to him too!) and then loo{k}ed at him. It said Wrestler.

Wow. That's pretty amazing.  I had thought that civ members with martial titles kept them based upon their skill level with the weapon, not based on whether or not they were carrying said weapon.
KAlSi3O8

AdvancedBen2E

MuonDecay

• Bay Watcher
  • Say hello to my little μ
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: October 12, 2009, 03:27:00 am »

Maybe it's different in adventurer mode, so people can tell what weapon someone will murder them with if provoked.

I'd hate to pick a fight with a hammerman only to get littered with crossbow bolts by him. I'm used to walking back outside the building, THEN getting littered with crossbow bolts.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: October 12, 2009, 06:48:13 am »

DFmode: I don't know if anyone has noticed this before, But War status only affects regions, if your Civ is at war with Elves/Goblins/Humans, Move away from their Capital area, you will find that the guys on the other side don't really care...

So next time in Adventure mode you Don't (for some reason) want to Kill everything cause you are a solider in a great war. Maybe that Human you are killing on the other side of the world isn't at war with you to begin with...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Hummingbird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: October 12, 2009, 07:39:22 pm »

Yes, but it wasn't completely indiscriminate because I was playing an elf whose civ had been at an epic war with said humans' civ since year 6.

because I was playing an elf

I was playing an elf

:o

Yeah, like I said above, I had extremely compelling RP reasons. 

If you can get over the no armor thing, it's pretty fun, too, once you jack a weapon and shield from the first dwarf you see and find an evil place to grind in. 
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 95