Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 95

Author Topic: Cool things you just noticed in DF  (Read 248328 times)

juice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cool things you just noticed in DF
« Reply #90 on: December 31, 2008, 09:59:14 am »

Real quotes that I've actually seen on one of my adventurers:

"Trust in lies."

"Next time we meet, consider murder."

StrikeTheSand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 01, 2009, 10:14:37 am »

I generated - and yes, I am insane - a 10000 year old 'small' world, with low minimum and maximum temps, so even the grasslands were 'freezing' during summer.

Anyway, in this world a Human race conquered/enslaved an Elven tree city (only four elves stayed, one male, three females O.o. the rest fled into the wilds) and slowly made a regular city from it, and this was within the first Age, I believe.

Thousands of years later, I start an adventurer and decide to become a mass murderer. Well, turns out, I attacked a descendant of the slaves and started a massive battle between Humans (and three or four Elves who stayed true to their masters or something like that...) and Elves in the town. By accident. Didn't notice at first, but once the Spearmaster (who was one of the 'loyalist elves') started stabbing other elves, I quickly figured things out.

But thousands of years of breeding means there were literally hundreds of Elves, but less than fifty Humans. We still pwned.

The highlight of it all? A priestess pwning the Elves with a shoe she had wrestled off an Elf she had killed.

That was the most fun I've had in adventure mode, though.

Er, the part I thought was cool, and never noticed before, is that enslaved Elves will remember what happened thousands of years prior. What was strange is that a lot of them had been born all those years ago too. O.o
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 10:16:56 am by StrikeTheSand »
I figured demons came from the 50 or so years of inbreeding between the things, like some weird goblin evolution.
I now have justification for genocide. Thank you.

Lothonus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2009, 12:50:13 am »

Found this in Creature_Standard

[CREATURE:TENTACLE_DEMON]
   [PREFSTRING:corrupt intentions]
 ::)   ;)

Hellzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2009, 01:28:51 pm »

Code: [Select]
Collect Sand            R
Make Raw Green Glass    R
Collect Sand            R
Make Green Glass Blocks R
Profit                  R

Fixed that for ya.

TheDiabolix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2009, 03:31:01 pm »

I generated - and yes, I am insane - a 10000 year old 'small' world, with low minimum and maximum temps, so even the grasslands were 'freezing' during summer.

Anyway, in this world a Human race conquered/enslaved an Elven tree city (only four elves stayed, one male, three females O.o. the rest fled into the wilds) and slowly made a regular city from it, and this was within the first Age, I believe.

Thousands of years later, I start an adventurer and decide to become a mass murderer. Well, turns out, I attacked a descendant of the slaves and started a massive battle between Humans (and three or four Elves who stayed true to their masters or something like that...) and Elves in the town. By accident. Didn't notice at first, but once the Spearmaster (who was one of the 'loyalist elves') started stabbing other elves, I quickly figured things out.

But thousands of years of breeding means there were literally hundreds of Elves, but less than fifty Humans. We still pwned.

The highlight of it all? A priestess pwning the Elves with a shoe she had wrestled off an Elf she had killed.

That was the most fun I've had in adventure mode, though.

Er, the part I thought was cool, and never noticed before, is that enslaved Elves will remember what happened thousands of years prior. What was strange is that a lot of them had been born all those years ago too. O.o

I tried this and got a human town that had been taken over by goblins, with all the peasants hating humans and all the working going about their business, farming and selling human sized clothes.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2009, 03:16:24 am »

I just discovered the GREAT ELVEN MIGRATIONS.

it was scary. 100s of elves (mostly peasants... a few rangers, and a lone miner?) marauding across the earth... doing diddly squat. The group split up, but about 100 wandered into a town, changing it to a "capital" sized town.

With buildings for cover, I managed to kill 75 of them. The occupants of the town totally didn't care I'd just turned their INN into an elven morgue. Best Bar Brawl EVAR!
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2009, 08:52:13 am »

I just discovered the GREAT ELVEN MIGRATIONS.

it was scary. 100s of elves (mostly peasants... a few rangers, and a lone miner?) marauding across the earth... doing diddly squat. The group split up, but about 100 wandered into a town, changing it to a "capital" sized town.

With buildings for cover, I managed to kill 75 of them. The occupants of the town totally didn't care I'd just turned their INN into an elven morgue. Best Bar Brawl EVAR!

Oops... The Elves are turning into Turks now?
I just re-read the Cartoon History part 3, and the shamanic culture of the Turks are nearly the same as the elves...

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2009, 09:03:33 am »

aparently. THere were 4 or 5 other groups of elves wandering around nearby. when I first saw them it was one giant mass (three horizontal lines instead of the usual 1). my computer had an aneurism when I walked into the middle of them, but then it split up when I left the site. the other 4 or 5 groups might just ambush me... out in the open!  :-[
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
[/quote]

Mondark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 09, 2009, 11:25:48 am »

I've known for quite some time that sites people tell you about appear on the adventurer's map and Travel screen, but I finally realized that specific buildings (ie, temples, keeps, shops, etc.) will appear on the site mini-map when you arrive.

I was seeking a quest with a human mayor, and asked him about the capital, he told me there was a temple there to soandso, and that I should consider suicide.

I love DF.

Hmmm... I wonder if maybe people who follow gods of suicide and/or death should occasionally commit suicide themselves...
Fefeshnelmargalip

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2009, 08:07:54 pm »

Hmmm... I wonder if maybe people who follow gods of suicide and/or death should occasionally commit suicide themselves...

nono. Their job is to convince you to commit suicide... by trying to kill Trog Skullcrusher the Innocent of KillingDeath the BloodMountain.
[/quote]

GoreTaco

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually a brain in a jar
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 10, 2009, 02:01:50 pm »

If behind you is a wall and in front of you is an angry human jumping at you, move out of the way and he'll slam into the wall rather comically.
"Who's John Galt?"

Thnikkafan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2009, 02:22:50 pm »

I found a dark tower on the edge of a chasm. I didn't know that was possible. I also noticed that sometimes upon spawning, enemies might end up falling into it or colliding with one another (quite comical to see Frogmen collide with Carpmen (which I modded into the game  8))

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 10, 2009, 08:42:46 pm »

If behind you is a wall and in front of you is an angry human jumping at you, move out of the way and he'll slam into the wall rather comically.

OH GOD! I accidentally ran my character into a tree. Suddenly he had a  "pain"  warning flashing - he`d lost an EYE! (he ended up beign epic, though. he just never told anyone `how he lost his eye`)
[/quote]

GoreTaco

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually a brain in a jar
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 10, 2009, 10:37:09 pm »

OH GOD! I accidentally ran my character into a tree. Suddenly he had a  "pain"  warning flashing - he`d lost an EYE! (he ended up beign epic, though. he just never told anyone `how he lost his eye`)
Christ, he must've been really pissed.
"Who's John Galt?"

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2009, 10:52:46 pm »

"ive conquered dragons titans and goblin towers!"

"is that how you lost your eye?"

"no i ran into a tree"

rofl
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 95