Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 95

Author Topic: Cool things you just noticed in DF  (Read 248169 times)

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
Re: Cool things you just noticed in DF
« Reply #840 on: September 22, 2009, 09:22:29 pm »

I had some elves do that to my human after slaughtering 5 elves (fresh out of character creation). Now I have an urge to return with a new one, steal the spike and kill the town with it.

You should steal your head and kill people with it, instead.  Reincarnation bowling.

I just noticed I can pick up barrels.  My steel automaton adventurer is now dual-wielding blood-filled barrels.  I'm looking forward to the day when the barrels smash on contact, throwing that [100] Blood everywhere.
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: September 22, 2009, 09:24:26 pm »

Oh I wish I can see DF in 3D, albeit with the gore everyone loves.

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: September 22, 2009, 09:48:12 pm »

how did you fill the barrels with blood?

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: September 22, 2009, 10:20:26 pm »

how did you fill the barrels with blood?

Same as a waterskin with water.  Stand over a pool of blood and 'I'nteract.  You can also fill with vomit, I think.

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: September 23, 2009, 12:46:55 am »

does it have to be a pool?

and does this work with other pseudo-fluids, like filth, fat globs, stagnant water?

Unknown substance?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: September 23, 2009, 06:58:35 am »

Whoever said that making cats war cats keeps them from adopting owners, is wrong. I can't find the post as the search function doesn't accept quotation marks around text to try and restrict it to a specific word.

Also, don't make bears hunting bears (grizzlies in my case), they are slower than even the average dwarf.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: September 23, 2009, 09:06:51 am »

DFMode: If you make Harpies Tame-able. They will gain the ability to have Status effects suck as THIRSTY, DROWSY, HUNGRY and UNCONSCIOUS (Sleeping). This must be because of the CANSPEAK tag that they have that or the CANLEARN either way, SWEET!!!...

Too bad there is no such thing as a Male Harpy!!! (That or Harpies breeding with other humanoids as they do in Myth)
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: September 23, 2009, 02:59:37 pm »

'tis CANSPEAK,iirc. They won't be able to eat, so it's a bug.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: September 23, 2009, 05:25:56 pm »

Nope, they eat, Put some meat on the roof were they were roosting, Seems like the fault with the flier tag makes it hard for them to move around, spammed like crazy with the cancels drink, dangerous terrain. Anyway, the meat was gone a moment after a harpy stepped onto it. and the Hungry Status disappeared...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #849 on: September 23, 2009, 05:50:40 pm »

Nope, they eat, Put some meat on the roof were they were roosting, Seems like the fault with the flier tag makes it hard for them to move around, spammed like crazy with the cancels drink, dangerous terrain. Anyway, the meat was gone a moment after a harpy stepped onto it. and the Hungry Status disappeared...
When I had some sentient flying pets they lagged my game like crazy, have you noticed any increased lag?

Rijjka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: September 23, 2009, 10:40:52 pm »

I just had a Goblin agree to follow me, so long as I promised to lead him to glory and death. I don't think that last one is going to be a problem.
To the dorf pulling the lever, the lever is just a lever. The magma pouring out of the mountainside is just a coincidence. To the dorf designing a pump stack from the magma sea, it is just that: a pump stack. No specific reason for it. It will never do anything.
for reasons best knows to themselves, the elves decided to explode

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: September 23, 2009, 11:31:14 pm »

When I had some sentient flying pets they lagged my game like crazy, have you noticed any increased lag?

Flying catsplosion.....

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: September 24, 2009, 05:17:00 am »

Too tell the truth...
I never notice lag...
Right now I have to lower the FPS Cap when i start a new fort due to 1000+FPS making it hard to see what the fuck is happening. You know how people put their speed to the max so its like they teleport, well mine do that without any adjustments...

I built (bought the parts and someone with more knowledge then me put it together) a PC that would be strong enough to run CRYSIS on low qual when it first came out, and well. All I have been doing is playing DF. Is this a bad thing???

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #853 on: September 24, 2009, 09:14:27 am »

Too tell the truth...
I never notice lag...
Right now I have to lower the FPS Cap when i start a new fort due to 1000+FPS making it hard to see what the fuck is happening. You know how people put their speed to the max so its like they teleport, well mine do that without any adjustments...

I built (bought the parts and someone with more knowledge then me put it together) a PC that would be strong enough to run CRYSIS on low qual when it first came out, and well. All I have been doing is playing DF. Is this a bad thing???
Not at all, my PC is good enough to run Crysis on high and I've definitely sunk the most hours into Dorf Fort than anything else. :D
Looking back, it wasn't that they were lagging my game, it's that they were causing it to hang every 10 seconds or so, it was actually pretty horrible. heh

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: September 24, 2009, 09:44:34 pm »

Fighting with a pick increases mining skill.  Too bad I can't attack 'Rough Gabbro Wall.'  This could have some cool applications for mods.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 95