Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: LCS-Back to The Future  (Read 2635 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
LCS-Back to The Future
« on: May 27, 2008, 12:27:00 am »

Has anyone else figured out time travel bug yet? You just disband the LCS, and when the game over screen comes up, close the screen instead. Voila you warp into the future when you reload, at the time the conservatives would of taken over. It shows the horrible consevative future of child slaves, death squad police and pollution mutants. Once I manged to delay for 100 some years and all the weapons turned futurisitic-plasma shotguns, laser rifles etc.
Nice easter egg! But I think this is a bug lol   :D

[ May 27, 2008: Message edited by: Dwarmin ]

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Fourth Triad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: LCS-Back to The Future
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 12:56:00 am »

Cool, I'm gonna try this out.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 05:09:00 am »

Sounds like a lie to me.  Oh well, easy enough to clarify it.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 10:19:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Ioric Kittencuddler:
<STRONG>Sounds like a lie to me.  Oh well, easy enough to clarify it.</STRONG>

It's not, source code says otherwise.  Nice easter egg!  I didn't even know that.

The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 11:58:00 am »

Ironics skceptisim had destroyed my faith in humantiy.
*jumps off bridge*
You think im pathetic enough to come and lie on a board ive been posting on for a little less than a year*, over a game thats garners probaly less than 100 players today? LOL IM EBIL!

*I realize that some people actually ARE like this, so I forgive you*  ;)

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 03:37:00 pm »

Something i missed before lol
I got the "Cheery Meadow Reeducation Camp" as a new area. I dont think i did good. :eek:

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 04:15:00 pm »

« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 10:17:08 pm by penguinofhonor »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 04:51:00 pm »

It has actually been mentioned in another thread once (the one about furry-ism of all things).
However I haven't seen any reeducation camp locations either...  :eek:
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 05:58:00 pm »

This is all in the code.  Year has to be past 2100 for laser rifles, and the prison laws have to be as conservative as possible for prison name change.

The courthouse's name also changes, when police laws get really bad, I think.

[ May 27, 2008: Message edited by: Puzzlemaker ]

The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 08:56:00 pm »

The easter egg regarding laser rifles came about directly from this thread on this page about 3/4s of the way down.
http://www.bay12games.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=000092&p=4

This is perhaps why this game rocks so much.  With such a flood of communication between the programmers and gamers plus the fact that the programmers are actually gamers who like the game and know enough to make it better, it cant help but get better.  Compare this to a game like World of Crapcraft (I know from first hand experience as a warlock who kept getting hosed by the devs) where the developers and programmers don't actually play, and you can see why LCS and DF and all the other games on here are so great.  Meh my random rant for the year.

Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 09:20:00 pm »

Huh, I missed the part where you have to disband.

So are these just pointless easter eggs?  It would be really awesome if they actually had an effect.

[ May 27, 2008: Message edited by: Ioric Kittencuddler ]

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2008, 11:33:00 am »

I am glad for this bug because it means you had the opportunity to experience all the fun toys that exist in 2100+ (the sci-fi weapons) and in extreme arch-conservatism (child laborers, reeducation camp, death squads, mutants, halls of ultimate justice, people with SMGs everywhere). I had fun thinking up all those funky sci-fi names for everything. I don't remember if space pitchforks and laser gavels specifically made it in the game though.    ;)

[ May 29, 2008: Message edited by: Jonathan S. Fox ]

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2008, 03:31:00 pm »

I have been having trouble with disbanding.  Specifically, when I disband it freezes until I quit the game and when I start it again I'm back but only five years have passed.

Or is that the bug this is about?

Twerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2008, 04:37:00 pm »

Are you sure it crashes, Ioric? I don't think it does... mine freezes up for a good time after I disband and I have a Pentium 4 3 GHz CPU and two gigs of RAM-- so it's not like I have a crap PC. If you do, I imagine it'd take a while to resolve the disbanding...
Free-to-play games are like the fountains in NetHack. At first, they look refreshing, but when you approach snakes pour out and eat you.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2008, 04:42:00 pm »

I have an Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+, it just freezes as soon as I enter the liberal phrase.  Maybe it's loading but it shouldn't really do more than 30 seconds of loading without a load screen.

[ May 29, 2008: Message edited by: Ioric Kittencuddler ]

Pages: [1] 2