Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Mirordur Ranzar [Powerfist the Coalition] <Wasteland survival>  (Read 9041 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Mirordur Ranzar [Powerfist the Coalition] <Wasteland survival>
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2008, 11:47:50 am »

Did I just lose all my ammo....?
It was for SMG, you use a .223 caliber hunting rifle. But SMG is now temporary useless.

P.S. Stlaker... Almost Stalker. What the hell :D.

P.P.S. Another mutant was shot by you.

They take a lot of ammo before dying.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 01:33:23 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2008, 01:39:35 pm »

There were constant reports of robot activity. The day before a supermutant saboteur tried to destroy the depot but he was shot by Victoria and today a skulking robotic eye was ripped apart by angry Liwjatan who tried to rest outside of the colony.

There's a real need in perimeter defences now.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2008, 01:51:31 pm »

Victoria was standing at the supply depot entrance looking in the night. There were a lot of ambushes recently so she tried to detect anything in the dark. Suddenly a strange buzzing sound appeared behind her. She quickly turned around and was pierced in the belly by a metal rod. She fell on the ground spitting blood. A round robot with a single sensor and a sharp blade mounted on a long manipulator under it's hull was floating in front of her. The robot raised it's blade and Victoria closed her eyes, prepared to die. Suddenly a loud barking distracted the robot. It turned around and was knocked down by a dog. Sunpower arrived just in time to help her master. Victoria quickly raised her rifle and sent the robot flying with one precise shot in it's hull.
She stood up and walked to her bed. Her wound was not too terrible but it was very painful. She took out her portable autodoc and remained sitting on the bed, watching in the depot entrance, prepared for new horrors. Sunpower steadily sat near her leg looking loyally in Victoria's eyes.

You wound is not terrible (it's brown) and you don't even rest on your bed. I think it will be healed pretty soon, however I start on perimeter defence after I complete the pub's roof.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2008, 02:02:48 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now guess what! I knew that bastard was always near the depot for purpose! And Victoria had too much dangers, now it looks like even Liwjatan's ranting and bad manners didn't stop her. Oh maybe she saw how aggressive he dismembered that floating eyebot he met near the mountain... Uhh, I hope she was not damaged THERE during the last robot attack, or the Furnace master would be really disappointed.
I leave this part of the story to your imagination.

P.S. Jaylmac, sorry, but you're my lover now too. I think that your nasty girl likes old farts like my character :).

It looks like dangers tend to draw people together. And girls want to be with those strong/in rule. Now we're a noble couple :).
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 02:06:06 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2008, 02:14:16 pm »

Aquizzar headed to the mines. He wanted to pick a few nice boulders and examine if they had any kind of metal's signs. He'd read a book on geology some time before he left the Vault and it could be his chance to get the leading role in the mines' development. Suddenly he heard a terrible hissing inside. He was clever enough not to check what caused it and he turned back to the settlement to inform the leader of the possible threat.

Congratulations. Now we have Wanamingo Mines.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2008, 03:41:13 pm »

> . >
< . <
Oh my.

I tried out adventure mode as a falling eye. Went into a cave to cool off my hull from the scorching heat and got my weapon mount ripped off by a giant rat. I fled, shorted out, and passed out from pain a short distance away. Adjust your raw files. Robots do not bleed or feel pain.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2008, 03:52:39 pm »

They do, if you remember fallout. They bleed with black goo (inner cooler/fuel) and "feel pain" = malfunctioning due to high damage to schemes. Remember, they are Old Crappy robots :).

Also it's not a fallen eye but Floating Eye Bot, military scouting robot.
And let's discuss mod in the mod thread. Anyway I'm gonna add sentry bots (big military machines, they definitely feel "no pain"/bleed with fuel because of their ultimate military hulls and have a flamethrower/rocketlauncher mounted on their arm).
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 03:56:11 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2008, 05:18:39 pm »

meant to say "Failing eye".

"A little scratch like this? It's just a scratch. You put a baind-aid on that and you forget about it."

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2008, 11:46:45 pm »

How is Richter doing? Also, when you get your first Imigrant wave, try working to replace him with a dedicated Brewer so he can train his shooting skills. Better to have a crack shot by the time the sieges come. Well that and haveing a Citadel with a few hundred feet of Stonework between him and a horrible death at the hands of a Mutant of Savage. Then again...*Ripper of DOOM!* Melee/Sniper units FTW!

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2008, 12:12:21 am »

I find Jaylmac falling in love with Grun both bitterly ironic and sweet at the same time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From the Autobiography of Jaylmac Sengrab Sefolozor - "For Science"

In the latter years of my life the question has often been posed to me as to why I choose to accept Grun's offer of engagement over that of the others. They lay claim to my position as one of only two women from the original seven, and with my headstart into later positions of power, to leading me to choose any person I could have wanted as a suitor. My closer female friends, those who sought my company for who I was rather than for my position at any rate, often asked why I did not take up with the far younger Jeffry, or the influential Aquizzar, or even the brilliant and enigmatic Richter. My jealous rivals and misinformed political opponents have even went far enough to propose that I took his hand initially simply to entrench myself even more firmly into the community as a leader and trailblazer.

In truth, sometimes I had chosen him for political reasons. However, Grun... my gentle, brilliant Grun. He swept my heart away in a such a method that no other could compare. His tongue was as brilliant as his mind, and although his native talents made me feel mute and slow when in his presense, not only did he refuse to belittle me, he actually encouraged me to use the talents I had to their fullest potential, and never once did he scorn my input.

Even before the evacuation I had known him. While we had not worked closely Grun, the old man who watched and maintained our home was always there. Always fussing and adjusting the Vault-tech so that he could squeeze out a little more water here, a handful of nutrients there, or conserve a few joules of power in one subsystem. Once, back when I was in secondary school and he was a senior provisioner, he had come in to give a lecture on resource conservation. Even back then, though he was younger and far more vibrant, he had a regal bearing. One that drew and riveted the attention of the entire room as he gave a short presentation on resource conservation. Even though the topic was as dry as the chalk that wafted from the blackboard, the life he put into his words was enough to invigorate the entire classroom, drawing him one of the longest and most heartfelt applauses that had ever been given in my memory.

It is without doubt in my mind that my attraction to him was, in part, his brilliance. But far more important to our relationship was his personality, his heart of hearts hidden closed behind a narrow door, that he only revealed to me that day when he first asked for my hand. After all of that time working and planning our future, the future of our people, with him, how could I have refused? For the mind, and  the male body at least, time means very little. In this world where everything is barren and dessicated, we were going to bring both new life and new ideas into fruition, plunging together into science and our future.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now I have this horrible premonition that the two will get married in a few years, and then Grun will die only a few months before their first child is born. :o
Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2008, 03:54:10 am »

Sorry I haven't posted since you started.  Things-
1. Damn that's a lot of big fish.
2. Wanamingos?  I don't know what that is, but it sounds really scary.
3. Can you upload a map?  I like the style so far.
4. There's no 'U'.  But by now it'd be better to just leave it.
5. I love that my preferences are both dogs and dog leather.  I bet Victoria hates me for acting creepy around her pet.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2008, 06:15:53 am »

You touch the dog, you develop holes. The puppies, on the other hand...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2008, 11:42:19 am »

Today I've had a hard day. I've got Spore and walked it through. A disappointment it is.

I will continue the game tomorrow and will post results. The ghouls are about to come with their crappy goods. I savescummed once since while I was afk drinking tea someone killed us all. I mean, I'd set usual rutines and was away for 5 mins and when I came back I saw "your settlment has crumbled to it's end" screen.

Wanamingos?  I don't know what that is, but it sounds really scary.
Haven't you played Fallout?
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Wanamingo
Also the Wanamingo Mine is an actual place from the game so I liked this comparison very much.

I will upload the map tomorrow.

How is Richter doing?
Richter is doing suspiciously well. Some drug processing here, some hauling there. You're an importand man though because every working hand is very useful.
We have too few ammo still to train with it. When we set up trading/production I'll assign you to guard too.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 12:24:41 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2008, 12:28:37 am »

@Spore: Don't even joke about that man! I'm getting that tomarrow! *Growl*

@OMG: HAHAHAAA! Thats halarious. The one elderly person in the group gets the chick over the...well okay, we have a blob, a suspicious German, and a few other meat sacks i forget. I must concur. Irony, the Omni-Hammer of injustice.

@Current Events: Good. And don't worry about it. When you can get the supplys out, get the harvast in, or find the materials, then we can worry about all that training. As for Richter....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Journal of Richter Fikuktherleth, otherwise known in his later years as 'The Black Baron', Terror of the Wastelands.

Number One:

It is good news. Good news that I escaped the failing Vault with my life at what little I hold dear to this world, good news that we arrived safely at a place of rest, or perhaps what is to be our new home, good news that I have found use of myself, and good news that I found a journel to write in!

We set up shop in this forebodeing wasteland, though it does not seem entirely hopeless. Take for example the material makeup of the ground we settle in, or perhaps the surrounding raw material, or even the surrounding wild life to hunt off. We could do something with this land...or die away along with the rest of the world.

*There is scruf marks here* MUTANTS! Damn Mutants! They come to take and kill what we own and what we love! But the evil things have been struck down as it should be! This gives me great pain that I was not there to defend my fellows. In the future, I should correct this and our defences, yes, a ranged defence with metres if thick stonework might do, if we but had the raw material and work force.

Or perhaps a elevated tower system...mmmyeh. I will talk with Grun about this. When the old man is not busy with his 'lover'. Hah! That girl always seemed to moon after him so. Funny things take place when your alone in a barren deathtrap.

*A later writeing*

I'm keeping busy, processing materials needed as of yet. My weapons training is as of yet unsatisfactory. I will correct this when we are not short of hands. And supplys! Were not drawing in enough materials to errect proper structures...If I had my way, we would have a small force already patroling our area, chaseing off those Mutants! Ahhh but we do not. There is no-one to train, and nothing to train them with. Perhaps others who escaped will join up with us, and we should do proper with bringing terror to those scum!

*The Journal cuts off for now*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Morkertroll

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2008, 09:15:01 am »

Hm. Some poor souls trying to prosper in a radioactive, highly dangerous desert, beset by crazy robots and treacherous super mutants. Boy, I wouldn't want to live there!

...might i request a dwarf survivor?

Vinnie, 26, a hardened male immigrant set out to build a inn, hotel or a bar near a promising town.

S: 4 P: 6 E:5 C:3 I:4 A:7 L:9

Vinnie is not the most handsome, nor the most friendly man around. Actually he's not that smart either. But he gets by, somehow.

He left his home (a vault or a nearby town - whatever suits the story!) due to a feud with some local thugs. What's the feud about? Well, Vinnie chuckles for a while if asked, and mentions "Dancing with his wife, an overdose of jet and a streak of luck".

Failing shopkeeping, running a betting service and a life of crime, Vinnie wants to build his own bar or inn near the town. He is willing to follow orders for a couple of seasons, to prove he's worthy of staying.

His profession / skills are not that important; masonry and or mining would be cool, since they would allow him to build his precious inn. Or perhaps a brewer.

"Uh, hey... This hovel is ugly. I'm moving in, let's get some business rolling."

P.S. First post! Yay!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5