Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Mirordur Ranzar [Powerfist the Coalition] <Wasteland survival>  (Read 9039 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ''' Wasteland survival. ''' - Fallout themed community fortress. Recruits!
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 03:59:57 pm »

'Bout time.  Fallout Fortress go!

This assumes you got the whole scrapmetal trees thing to work.
Also, these are the sort of stats I always use.  (From base 5 with 5 points.)

Name: Aqizzar
Profession: Gunsmith / Scrapmonkey
'Bowmaker' x 3
'Carpenter' x 3
'Woodcrafter' x 2
Mechanic x 2

S-5 P-4 E-6 C-4 I-6 A-6 L-9

Scrap piles are in. Plastics from plants are in. You're in. There's no bowmaker skill now, "no wooden items allowed" :).
Weaponsmith makes weapons and, well, we have one.
Doesn't the scrapmonkey want to be an armorer/mine lurker(miner) instead?

Also we need a provisioner (he'll be the Trader noble, planter and brewer).
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 04:17:13 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 04:14:01 pm »

If there's no wood, then what are beds made out of?

And yes, miner instead of bowmaker is great.  Basic scrapmonkey.  Does all that mean carpenter and woodcrafter are also useless?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 04:17:53 pm »

I said no wood? But scrap piles and plastics replace them well. Also there are occasional saguaros.

Carpenter and woodcrafter are ok.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 05:10:05 pm »

Jaylmac

Age 29

Str.: 3
Per.: 8
End.: 4
Cha.: 9
Int.: 8
Agi.: 5
Luc.: 3

Preferred Job: Provisioner
-Trading
-Brewing
-Cooking
-Architecture
-Planting
-Bookkeeping

Appraiser x3
Architect x3
Organizer x3
Judge of Intent x1

In her first five minutes of life, Jay nearly suffocated three times. First when she came out with her umbilical cord around her neck, Second when she inhaled the fluids of her mother, and thirdly when her mother nearly crushed the babe to her breast in relief that Jay was still alive.

From that day it has seemed that Jaylmac has had the curse of the demons themselves. In school odd events often occurred causing her to be late (nearly always resulting in missing tests and quizzes), and whenever a lottery was drawn Jay always was found on the losing side. Indeed, she had hardly been promoted to head provisioner in her district (allowing her to trade food and goods and generally promote and improve her friends), the worst type of disaster occurred... the vault she lived in began to malfunction.

Fortunately, years spent avoiding the backhand of fortune has given Jay many boons. She is keenly aware of her surroundings and very intelligent, able to pick out strange details and remember them for unreasonable amounts of time. Her ability to digest and decipher information falls just short of genius. Much to her own dismay much of the time.

As for her physical skills, well, there is little remarkable about them in any way. One of her few blessings in the road that lies ahead of her.

Attire: Even before the evacuation Jay often wore highly varied and unusual clothing, but her  arrangement of such was tasteful enough most of the time that her kleptic combinations were well-liked. Indeed, she has set a few mini-fads amongst the other women of her communities. When the evacuation took place Jaylmac was wearing a baby blue button-down blouse over vivid pinstriped pantaloons, adorned with a cream colored off-white vest, and topped by a simple black beret that held in her dusky blonde hair. Somehow, somehow she actually was pulling off the look. Don't ask me how, but she did.

Aside: I'd really prefer once the fort gets on its feet with a number of other people planting/cooking/brewing, for her to become a full-time clerk with Bookkeeping, Managing orders, Trading, and Architecture all enabled.

Edit: Also, you can make crossbows out of bone provided you didn't mod them out entirely. It still uses the Crossbow-making skill.

Edit 2: Wow, I totally missed charisma in your original post. :o
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 02:20:03 am by Jamini »
Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2008, 06:33:29 pm »

Name: Richter The 'Black Baron' (Note that the last part is simply a Nickname, please don't refer to him as so ALL the time. And in later game time aswell.)
Str.: 4 (He's not extremely strong, but hey go figure, he kills from afar.)
Per.: 9 (He's a Sniper. Go figure.)
End.: 7 (Refer to Agility. RUN RICHTER! RUN!)
Int.: 10 (He's extremely intelligent, and therefore, extremely tactical. You would want Richter in your warroom for sure.)
Agi.: 6 (Running from the rageing hordes of savages across the wastelands is hard work when you run out of ammo, and DISTANCE!)
Luc.: 3 (Not usual with luck, nor does he put serious trust in the matter, but rather into his skills.)

Preferred Job: 'Sharpshooter'
Not sure what else to tell you. I want a Military job for my character. But the only thing about that is, I want him to take on a useful job, and you happen to need most at this point, but when you have the equipment, I'd like a Senior Sharpshooter, feared across the Wastelands.

Bio:

Richter is a quiet one. He's always been quiet, but its quite obvious he wasn't born into an American family. His German accent has not been tamed out of his voice when he ever speaks, but his languistic skill would rival that of a real English Gentlemen. His rare and withdrawn manner may account for the fact that noone trusts a outsider, and if anything, Richter is a outsider, with his shadowy background, his strange habits, his suspicious know-how, and of course he being from outside of what was once the United States, but now a wasteland, is clear enough.

He is known to have a good eye for weaponry, and around the vault that was once his 'home' knew him as a Intelligent young man, if strange, who could keep a clear head in danger.

What is known about this dark, or perhaps heroic German, is that hes a hell of a shot with a Sniper rifle. Only time will tell if hes the former, or the latter.

OOC:

Sorry if my assumption was out of bounds, but I'm assumeing that the continent is North America, as it was in the real Fall Out games, and that were useing that as a setting, rather then Fall Out 3 in a DF Universe. It seemed so as the Mod your useing replaces most things that ARE DF. I'll fix it up if I got a little ahead of myself.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 06:37:52 pm by WorkerDrone »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2008, 07:40:36 pm »

I call him "Jeff".
Str: 5
Per: 9
End: 6
Int: 6
Aig: 7
Luc: 3

Preferred job: sheriff when possible but also a

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2008, 10:32:49 pm »

Name: Richter 'Black Baron'
Str.: 4
Per.: 9
End.: 7
Int.: 10
Agi.: 6
Luc.: 3

Preferred Job: 'Sharpshooter'

I'm wondering if I should buff one stat or another, considering you requested stats that outdo Jay in every single category. :3

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2008, 12:38:26 am »

Aside: I'd really prefer once the fort gets on its feet with a number of other people planting/cooking/brewing, for her to become a full-time clerk with Bookkeeping, Managing orders, Trading, and Architecture all enabled.
Edit: Also, you can make crossbows out of bone provided you didn't mod them out entirely. It still uses the Crossbow-making skill.
Be ready to do hard work before we get some new blood :). However you're ok to have your own shop ('trade depot') and an office building later.
Sadly we can make metal crossbows only since I removed the bowyer profession to avoid a burning desire to make some bone laser pistols. However we may pick some metal ones on embark/buy some wood ones from savages.

OOC:
Sorry if my assumption was out of bounds, but I'm assumeing that the continent is North America, as it was in the real Fall Out games, and that were useing that as a setting, rather then Fall Out 3 in a DF Universe. It seemed so as the Mod your useing replaces most things that ARE DF. I'll fix it up if I got a little ahead of myself.

You are right, it's America and DF stuff is reduced to mininum. I'm still thinking what to replace mountain goats with though :D. It looks like we have 2 sniper riflemen on start, that's good.

I'm wondering if I should buff one stat or another, considering you requested stats that outdo Jay in every single category. :3
I've balanced you with charisma. Since you're going to be an important man (woman :)) in the social life you're gonna have some stats boost towards these skills.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2008, 02:17:03 am »

You are right, it's America and DF stuff is reduced to mininum. I'm still thinking what to replace mountain goats with though :D . It looks like we have 2 sniper riflemen on start, that's good.

True mountain goats actually originate from the Rocky Mountains, in America. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_goat

Additionally, a number of modern Americans also own domesticated goats (which are not even the same species as true mountain goats.), implicating that the survival of goats in a post-apocalyptic world (via nuclear fallout) is highly probable.

http://www.adga.org/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goat

Interesting facts you never thought you'd know! Wikipedia for life. :D

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2008, 02:19:28 am »

Oh, thanks for that, now I'm feeling myself better :).
Let's let them live. At least we'll get some prey we can hunt for without being hunted :).

Also I'd like to simulate "moods" as quests to outside world. Well, we don't have the ability to send scouts/armies world-wide but we can roleplay it, right?

So, "withdraws from society" will mean that the person left the city for a while. He may return with a valuable loot or mad and tainted.
Any suggestions how to improve this idea are welcome.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 02:25:08 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2008, 02:39:24 am »

My only comment on moods is that possessions should *defiantly* be played out in a confrontational way, perhaps even having an effect long after the game "mood" ends. (The entity possessing the character should be actively opposed by that character. Successfully mastering the entity results in a melding of the possessor and possessed, immediately uncovering an artifact hidden nearby. Failing to master the entity would result in loss of will, headaches, nausea, dizziness, intense suspicion of all others, bouts of rage, intense melancholy, or insanity, eventually leading to death. The exact result would be dependent on the personality of the possessed, and the personality of the possessor.)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 02:44:20 am by Jamini »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2008, 02:57:44 am »

Well, I have some troubles with immigrants/traders. I will see if they are working and you in turn can play for 1 year to note it. I have no "no trade" with other species but I haven't seen traders in play test game yet. I'm starting now and I'll save the game to test the traders/immigrants thing.
I'll make sure that the turn 1 will be completed today.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ''' Wasteland survival. ''' - Fallout themed community fortress. Starting.
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2008, 05:13:53 am »

OK, traders are working fine. I'm going to start now. Wait for further info.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Mirordur Ranzar [Powerfist the Coalition] <Wasteland survival>
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2008, 06:20:34 am »

So, we've started. I'll use this post to fill the starting information. It will take about 30 mins.

The survivors have embarked on the journey. There were only thirteen of them who stayed in the Grund's group, others scattered or stayed inside of dying Vault.

Grund ordered to get two brahmins from the bio-sector and to harness them in the old transport wagon which was used for transporting materials in boundaries of one Vault level. They put everthing they needed inside and headed to the outer world.

They were travelling for five days. When two of them left behind dead and their food supplies started to run low Grund decided to make a temporary camp. They can't move without a purpose, they need to set a temporary base to coordinate operations.

Survivors have found a valley near a desert cliff and decided to make the camp there.
Grund ordered 4 of the survivors to scout N/E/W/S/ directions. Remaining seven started to build the camp.

"But we should name our group someway, shouldn't we?" - asked Jeff. He was a worker group superintendent before. He took his pickhammer with him insisting that this tool is useful as a weapon and as an instrument at the same time.
"Is there any point in it?" - rejected Grund. We're not going to write a book or to build a statue here. Why do you want a name?
"At least they would know how to call us when they find our bodies" - bitterly parried Jaylmac. She was one of the only two women in their group. Everyone knew her for her sharp tongue and unusual ways to solve life problems.
"Well, you're free to get any. We're not saving the world here anyway so pick anything you like." - tiredly answered Grund. "Unpack the supplies."

Site name:
Mirdordur Ranzar. [Powerfist the Coalition].

Group name:
The Brother-hood of Steel

Grund. Group Leader.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Victoria, Security Guard. You have a hunting rifle (which you like) and a hunting dog "Sunpower" (which you like too).

Liwjatan, Furnace master

Richter, Black Baron - you have woodcutter (sawyer) skill. There're no trees on map but you can use it in close combat when you run out of ammo because you wield a ripper with it. Also you have a tommy gun for now.

Jaylmac, Provisioner

Aquizzar, Salvager

Jeff, Superintendent - since you didn't write a lot you're a former worker superintendent. Now you will manage masonry and other work orders. Later your people-managing skills will be useful to command local guards.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 12:50:12 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Mirordur Ranzar [Powerfist the Coalition] <Wasteland survival>
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2008, 08:02:48 am »

The first building was built by labouring survivors. It is a supply depot which stores their remaining goods. Now they should think of defence. The leader has commanded to organize a hospital and basic sleeping quarters in the nearby natural cave which was extended by miners' tools.

Here you can see Victoria guarding the supply depot entrance with her dog "Sunpower".
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5