Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Mirordur Ranzar [Powerfist the Coalition] <Wasteland survival>  (Read 9040 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Mirordur Ranzar [Powerfist the Coalition] <Wasteland survival>
« on: September 03, 2008, 01:42:51 pm »

Introduction
Greetings, fellow forummates.
I want to start a community Vault in the great wastelands of the post-apocalyptic world.
I'm using the last version of my .:Fallout:. mod [1.2] with a few tweaks (there're plants which can be processed into plastic to use instead of wood).

I want to start a group of refugees which fled the broken Vault and found a new and dangerous world. Some of them died, some left their group to join with the world but the left 7 are willing to start anew together. They may build another Vault or a prospering city like Shady Sands instead.

All ideas are welcome. I want to start in a desert biome with some features (no magma, I am too bad to introduce it to the Fallout atmosphere; well, you may admit it's a Glow-like high radiactive hole but it isn't). A cave or a chasm would be nice.

Also we're going to trade with ghouls, savages and other vault dwellers which became adapted to this world earlier than we.

Sadly I'm not a native english speaker and it stopped me from starting a fort like this for a long time. I will try my best, I promise, and sorry for all the upcoming mistakes and wrong sentences.

You're free to pick a vault-dweller with a profession. Try to cooperate. We may need a blacksmith to make some weapons and we're not gonna churn out crafts because idols and scepeters are not that great flavour-like. Also I don't want an ultimate dinery. I will ignore the possibility to buy a bunch of masterwork gauss rifles for a one nice buiscuit. I will try to trade with weapons, instruments (which are not musical ones here) and to play on prices.
Well, if we skip a weaponsmith then we may take one or two guards. Again, flavour-wise and for some increased protection. Note that many creatures in wilderness are very dangerous so if you pick a shooter I will accept it, but note that ammo is not that common.

Prehistory.
There was a usual underground day. People in the Vault-23 were fighting their boredom via different routines which made up their life. Vault-tech made everything for the humanity to outlive the judgement day.

Suddenly ceiling lights started to blink. Nuka-cola machine in the diner began to spit out cans, cleaning machines stopped and radio became mad.

"What happened, Grund?" - asked someone via the comm-channel.- "Looks like the temperature system in our block is broken, we're overheaten here! My people can't work!"

The old man behind the control pannel didn't answer. He was the keeper of this Vault and he knew everything before it happened. Old computers in the server block sometimes malfunctioned and were replaced by reserve ones but with time their supplies were depleted. The big machine stopped breathing, soon it will become another underground graveyard in the wastelands if they don't open the door in time because the huge entrance door was fully controlled by automatics and even the best miners would die of hunger and suffocation before they could breach it.

"Grund, I don't hear you! What happened?" - continued to crackle his comm-link.
"It's over". - answered Grund and opened protecting case to the left of his shoulder. There was a red button with a letter "E" on it. It could mean "entrance", "escape", "evacuation", "end", anything. He held his breath for a moment and pressed the button.

Pleasant old jazz music started to play on every level of the Vault and hidden screens appeared on the previously empty walls.

A globe appeared on the screens and there were "A Vault-tec presentation" words.

The text started to appear:

"Leaving the Vault be sure to remember these basic rules.
Rule number 1: Line up in orderly fashion.
Rule number 2: Use protective eye wear. Years of living in the Vault can make the eyes sensitive to natural sunlight. Without protective eye wear, EXTREME eye damage could result.
ONCE OUTSIDE THE VAULT, be prepared to live Anew!
With Help from the...
GARDEN OF EDEN Creation Kit..."

Grund bitterly smiled. There was no G.E.C.K. in his Vault. They were limited and made for V.I.P. Vaults only, but people were feeling safer when thinking that they have one in their Vault. Everyone was fooled by government which tried to hide it's population in Vaults to stop possible civil war due to high civillian death rate. And now they are very likely to die in the destroyed world outside.

Grund switched off his control panel and took out a blue pill from his suit's pocket. He had been sitting in his automated comfortable chair behind the control panel for many years. He left it only to go to sleep or to make a monthly inspection. It won't be easy to walk freely for him again.

But there were more serious problems before him. The Vault door had been opened and his people were confused and lost. The time for the final decision has come.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 06:19:54 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Wasteland survival.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 01:45:19 pm »

Reserved for upcoming teammates and start info.

Arrange skills and stats and choose your items/possessions/profession/skills.
If you don't know the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system: the stats are Strength, Perception, Endurance, Charisma, Intelligence, Agility and Luck.
From 2 (terrible) to 10 (heroic). This is flavour-wise and I'd like you to set it.

Deon:
Grun
Str.:4 Per.:3 End.:3 Char.:9 Int.:9 Agi.:5 Luc.:5
Skills/jobs: Flatterer:2, Pacifier:2, Judge of intent:2, Architect:3, Mechanic:1.
Profession: leader of the group.

Glacies:
V1kt0r
Str.:3 Per.:7 End.:6 Char.:5 Int.:5 Agi.:9 Luc.:6
Skills/jobs: Marksman:5, Ambusher:5.
Profession: hunter and guard.

Liwjatan:
Liwjatan
Str.:7 Per.:3 End.:4 Char.:2 Int.:3 Agi.:2 Luc.:6
Skills/jobs: Weaponsmith:3, Furnace Operator:2, Blacksmithing:4, Wood Burner:1.
Profession: metalworks' master and plastics processor.

Aquizzar:
Aquizzar
Str.:4 Per.:3 End.:6 Char.:4 Int.:6 Agi.:6 Luc.:9
Skills/jobs: Miner:3, Carpenter:3, Woodcrafter:2, Mechanic:2.
Profession: gunsmith/scrapmonkey.

Jamini:
Jaylmac
Str.:3 Per.:8 End.:4 Char.:9 Int.:8 Agi.:5 Luc.:3
Skills/jobs: Appraiser:3, Architect:3, Organizer:3,Judge of Intent:1.
Profession: provisioner.

WorkerDrone:
Richter 'The Black Baron'
Str.:4 Per.:9 End.:7 Char.:5 Int.:10 Agi.:6 Luc.:3
Skills/jobs: Marksman:5, *considered*.
Profession: */sharpshooter

JackRabbit:
Jeff

Str.:5 Per.:9 End.:6 Char.:4 Int.:6 Agi.:7 Luc.:3
Skills/jobs: *considered*.
Profession: */sheriff

Site name:
Mirdordur Ranzar. [Powerfist the Coalition].

Group name:
The Brother-hood of Steel

Grund. Group Leader.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Victoria, Security Guard. You have a hunting rifle (which you like) and a hunting dog "Sunpower" (which you like too).

Liwjatan, Furnace master

Richter, Black Baron - you have woodcutter (sawyer) skill. There're no trees on map but you can use it in close combat when you run out of ammo because you wield a ripper with it. Also you have a tommy gun for now.

Jaylmac, Provisioner

Aquizzar, Salvager

Jeff, Superintendent - since you didn't write a lot you're a former worker superintendent. Now you will manage masonry and other work orders. Later your people-managing skills will be useful to command local guards.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 12:52:11 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 02:00:21 pm »

I'd liike a hunter. He/she would be a highly energetic yet patient individual with an overriding desire to aquire frags.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 02:06:05 pm »

Which weapon do you want? :)
Also skills distribution is up to you. I can use Dwarf Companion to alter your ego (i.e. gender) and name. Also I will use it and Tweak for "quests". I already plan a "Reclaim a waterchip" quest if we start on a map with no water.

Look at the 2nd post. I've edited it for persons who create their characters. Don't forget to select name/age :).
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 02:18:22 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 02:14:40 pm »

Sniper rifle. Dwarf companion causes interesting things when you mess around with gender...and I'd prefer it if my character was heterosexual. And I'd prefer it if I wouldn't run into combat once I've run out of ammo, so please unenlist me when I run out of ammo.

Oh, and as for a name? V1kt0r/V1kt0r1a.

EDIT: you probably want stats, too. Str.:3 Per.:7 End.:6 Char.:5 Int.:5 Agi.:9 Luc.:6 V1kt0r/1a is very good at sitting still for extended periods of time hiding under a rock and blasting the instant an enemy makes itself apparent. Age? Umm....mid thirties. Slightly grey hair, lanky build. wears silly looking red goggles and a scarf. Sniping gunnery 5/ambusher 5.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 02:23:56 pm by Glacies »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 02:22:20 pm »

Uh, lesbian vault dweller? :) I'm afraid I can't allow it in my vault. You would be banned and would save a world somewhere on an oil platform in the sea.

If you tell me that the DF makes weird things, I'd better skip gender tweaking since I don't want to savescum.
I will use it anyway because I want combat reports on to show some epic fights to their owners.

Also do you insist on adding those numbers in the name? And again, skills?!

P.S. Int 0 is not possible. You can have it at 2 but it will mean that you can't normally speak, just a few phrases. Are you sure? :)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 02:24:31 pm »

I'm not on the ball this afternoon, cut me some slack. :P I've edited the post so it's all proper n stuff now. And V1kt0r/1a always writes his/her name that way. It's just pronounced normally.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 02:27:04 pm »

OK you're set. Now while we're waiting for other five I'll start to search for a fun place to start.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 02:31:45 pm »

This looks like it'll be a lot of fun. Hope I don't get perforated/zombified.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 02:33:01 pm »

I will try to be a good ruler. However we should wait for others. I will try a few fun tweaks which will be incorporated in 1.3, maybe we'll start with them.

Also I've noted that while literally butchering your *** in adventure mode some creatures try to avoid people in the Fortress Mode and vise versa.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 02:34:32 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Liwjatan

• Bay Watcher
  • I swallow your soul!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 02:46:14 pm »

Aplication getz!!1

`Liwjatanī;
Profession: Weapon Smith 3;
                Furnace Operator 2;
                Blacksmithing 4;
                Wood Burniator 1;

Character:
Strength(7) He be crafting stuff out of metal, making him like totaly strong; 
Perception(3) No protecting googles and alot of sparks make your eyes go bad
Endurance(4) he makes up for his total lack of agility with several layers of fat, however sprinting for a short while is not part of the package
Charisma(2) Heīs an unfriendly ball rolling īround, what did ye expect?
Intelligence(3) Well he knows whatīs gonna kill him, otherwise he ainīt the sharpest tack
Agility(2) ...*Points at Endurance*
Luck(6) Hey look, shiney! And itīs probably not gonna kill him!

Age:48.īcous corpulent people cant be young folks. Wears no shirt except for a protective gear to protect him from sparks, not due to vests/shirts/etc. not fitting but him being a general jerk.
..Iīll eventually add more personality traids, but somehow I accidently pressed the "post"-button, forcing me to make a quick edit....

*edit for chirsts sake,what the hell happened, I didnīt want to post it yet.
Graaah..

« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 03:09:34 pm by Liwjatan »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 02:54:46 pm »

I didn't get it, is your name Getz? :)
Do you want me to spend your remaining skillpoins, what about stats etc.? I can do the work if you don't bother but I give you a possibility to customize your character.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Chewy2007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 03:26:01 pm »

I've been waiting for this mod to get a community fortress made from it. I hope it does well.

I didn't get it, is your name Getz? :)

I think it's Liwjatan.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ''' Wasteland survival. ''' - Fallout themed community fortress. Recruits!
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 03:27:10 pm »

I mean the character name.
And now I see that he was just typing. Sorry for misunderstanding. You're definitely in :).

P.S. Liwjatan, youre build should be very useful :).
a) He crafts/makes weapons;
b) He uses furnace (plastics! Beds! Buckets! Everything)

Well, this is already enough to be an important person.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: ''' Wasteland survival. ''' - Fallout themed community fortress. Recruits!
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 03:56:10 pm »

'Bout time.  Fallout Fortress go!

This assumes you got the whole scrapmetal trees thing to work.
Also, these are the sort of stats I always use.  (From base 5 with 5 points.)

Name: Aqizzar
Profession: Gunsmith / Scrapmonkey
'Bowmaker' x 3
'Carpenter' x 3
'Woodcrafter' x 2
Mechanic x 2

S-5 P-4 E-6 C-4 I-6 A-6 L-9
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5