Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Mirordur Ranzar [Powerfist the Coalition] <Wasteland survival>  (Read 9038 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mirordur Ranzar [Powerfist the Coalition] <Wasteland survival>
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2008, 08:11:09 am »

I like this mod. I MUST GET IT!

By the way, what is the fallout series like? Is it like S.T.A.L.K.E.R?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2008, 08:30:38 am »

Huh, no. But when you look at the fallout 3 trailers you may think so :).

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. tells you about a tainted magical place which appeared after the explosion in the Chernobil nuclear plant. It is based on the great book of "Brothers Strugatsky" russian writers and tells about terrible "zone" where the nature is twisted and it plays against humans who damaged her. And it's said that there's a secret room somewhere in the heart of the Zone where you can get anything you want. Stalkers are people who search the zone for artifacts (things created by the Zone) to sell them to feed their families (which are often mutated because they live in/near the Zone).

Fallout tells us about a broken american dream in the post-apocalyptic world. When the apocalypse began many people were already hidden in underground Vaults. You're one of the vault dwellers and you head to the outside world to find it highly radiated, mutated and dangerous. There're ghouls, who were once normal people but their vaults were broken/opened too early and they mutated in undead-like dying creatures, there're supermutants who were created in experiments via F.E.V. virus (the virus created by government which caused most mutations) and there're common people: savage ones who believe in new gods and live in villages and more civilized once who had left vaults before you/survived on surface and now they dwell in and rebuild old cities.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 08:32:59 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ''' Wasteland survival. ''' - Fallout themed community fortress. Recruits!
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2008, 09:29:39 am »

Well, I have some troubles with immigrants/traders. I will see if they are working and you in turn can play for 1 year to note it. I have no "no trade" with other species but I haven't seen traders in play test game yet. I'm starting now and I'll save the game to test the traders/immigrants thing.
I'll make sure that the turn 1 will be completed today.

No Trade can result from a civ not having pack animals.
Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2008, 09:33:45 am »

It is ok, believe me. I know what caused it - I had Brahmins only and some civs had no access to them. Now I've reintroduced two-headed yaks and everything is ok.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2008, 09:36:08 am »

Build a roof for the depot so I can stand on it and be safer, perhaps?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2008, 09:51:55 am »

Days passed. The settlement was running low on food so survivors decided to organize a farm to grow plants. Jaylmac volunteered to run it but requested to make a hall because she wanted to turn the place into diner if they succeed.

The settlement is under constant harrassment of old mechanical creatures. They look like old service bots but they try to sneak inside buildings and fly away from humans. Victoria scared them away with a few shots but Grund censured her and asked to save ammo since these robots seem harmless.

When the autumn came there were no reports from scouts still, but the settlement became self-sufficient enough to survive thanks to Jaylmac's hard fork at farm.

Richter asked to take a part in her business and started a small still to produce chemicals from plants they grow.

It was a usual autumn day. Jaylmac was working on her farm when suddenly she noticed something on the face of the cliff far away. It was a spark, a spark of sunlight on a metal. She continued to watch and saw that some group of people with heavy wagons approach them.

"Intruders!" - she cried and ran into the farm.

When the people approached they were amuzed to see the place.
One man went forward and approached to our survivors' group. He was wearing strange colors and had a small computer on his belt.

"Greetings, strangers." - he said. "I'm Jeeves Henster, I'm liaison of this land and I lead this caravan to trade with other settlements behind this desert. It is our old route but we've never seen this place. Did you build it? Do you live here and who are you?"

Grund explained the reason they are here and told them that they barely hold their life with the supplies they have. Jeeves allowed spared some food and got different remaining instruments survivors had but didn't use. Also when the traders were departing Jeeves told them that they can get almost anything on their way back if Grund's people would be able to find a way to pay for this. Thus the first contact with the outside world has been established.

Here you can see the farm and traders in the supply depot.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2008, 09:54:44 am »

Build a roof for the depot so I can stand on it and be safer, perhaps?

The depot is complete and there's access to the roof, but it's made for critical situations.
For now you're needed at entrance so your dog may detect robo thieves. It's safe, believe me, your dog is doing the job well.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2008, 10:02:42 am »

By the way, I've started to dig a mine and I plan to make miner's office near it with Jeff in charge.
But suddenly THIS happens...

Jeff was taking a break from his work. He walked near the mine entrance, smoked remains of his Malboro and was thinking of future. How will it look? Are they going to make a trading outpost in desert, a mining colony, or a small unknown graveyard.

Suddenly his senses vere disturbed by a terrible smell. He turned around and saw... No, it was not a man. An ugly creature in smelly rags without an eye and with rotting skin was looking at him. Jeff didn't notice how IT appeared. Let's hope it's not too late to run...

P.S. Uh... He wears 2 hoods. It looks like he tries to hide his features :D.
P.P.S. Zombies' bites paralyze forever.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 01:26:23 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2008, 10:21:32 am »

Jeff was running to his settlement from mines as fast as he could. He looked around just one time and noted that the creature is not moving. It sadly stared in his back with it's single eye.
Suddenly he heard shots ahead. He stopped. The shots repeated. They were definitely from the supply depot or from the farm.

When the Jeff arrived he saw a body of an ugly human with enormous muscles and greeny skin lying near the depot. His head was blasted by shot.

"There's another in the farm. They tried to kill Jaylmac!" - yelled Victoria, appearing in the farm's door.
"They?" - asked Jeff, confused and nervous. He saw two ugly humanoids today. That's too much for a sunday morning.
"Sadly we let another one go. But Sunpower did a nice job with the first one. He was holding monster's weapon arm while I shot it. I can swear I shot it three times in the head and it still lived for a few seconds!"

An Attack of 3 supermutant thieves (saboteurs?). They appeared from mountainside and headed directly in the farm from the back door, bypassing the depot. Sunpower was there in time to protect Jaylmac and got the first hit. Then Victoria arrived and spent almost all her magazine to finally shoot the evil creature in the head 3 times. The second intruder became mad and ran out of farm directly into the depot where he was killed by caravan guards immideately. Third intruder decided that his life is better than his death and escaped. We have almost no ammo now though... I plan to steal some from the caravan.

Victoria is unharmed and Sunpower recieved a grey damage to the lower body so it's ok.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 10:48:31 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2008, 10:44:04 am »

Survivors gathered at the supply depot.
"Is anybody hurt?" - Asked Grund. "I don't see casualties amongst us but they could damage or steal our supplies."
"They often come with caravans." - said Jeeves Henster. "I should hire better scouts. If we've noted them following our wagons this wouldn't happen."
"Wait, where's Jaylmac, I don't see her?" - shouted Aquizzar.

Jaylmac appeared in the door farm.
"We're doomed."- She told. "Our farms with all crops are destroyed. They managed to do it while we fought others. Now we have nothing to eat..."  -

Mutants' saboteurs were much more clever than I thought. They did real harm to our beloved food chain... The third one was not a coward, he was making his job. When they were spotted the first one remained to fight and the second one ran to the depot to definitely die but drag attention of people. The third bastard used this time to sneak to the cellar of farm and destroy crops. When he succeeded, he headed to home.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2008, 11:17:36 am »

"Nothing to eat? Do we have any seeds left? Anything?! Since I'm out of ammo, I guess I could start farming until we get our hands on some new bullets."

Well, shit. That's bad, alrighty. Damn monsters are all over the place. Methinks we should smack some drawbridges in post haste and seal ourselves in, if we can get the farms going again.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2008, 11:25:42 am »

We have seeds so the farm is up and going again, but it slowed our progress.

Now comes this...

Aquizzar with Jeff went into the new Grund's office room underground.
"Sir, we have a report. A ceiling in our mine became wet so we started to dig up and found that there's an underground river in this mountain! Water!"
"That's great, now we can start works there to make a well and water industry. Finally our place can become an oasis in this desert". - Shouted Grund.
"Not so fast. There're creatures in the water. I mean, many creatures. We escaped but I can swear we've heard the sound of hundreds slapping steps behind when we headed to the exit of the mines."

Holy sh....
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

P.S. All fish in post-apocalyptic world is big and amphibious and wear hard scales.

Since I'm out of ammo
Not really. We have some bullets left and we were able to make mutants' bones (they were really hard) into scatter-shot shells. Now we need to get a shotgun...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 11:31:46 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2008, 11:32:12 am »

Two words: F--K!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2008, 11:35:45 am »

Huh...

Damned Stlaker. You've left your post for a minute to get a drink and it is already there...
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2008, 11:37:40 am »

Did I just lose all my ammo....?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5