Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40c] Welcome, engineer, to the miners guild!  (Read 1296 times)

Ryo

• Bay Watcher
  • Store item in stockpile
    • View Profile
[40c] Welcome, engineer, to the miners guild!
« on: September 03, 2008, 09:32:02 am »

My mayor just held a meeting about job scarcity with my engineer, who was unhappy with the lack of work. Then an announcement appeared telling me that my mayor had taken a request from the miners guild. My engineer has no mining skill, does not have mining enabled and (to my knowledge) has never touched a pick in his life. Also, there are no new mandates (which AFAIK there should be for guild requests).

My mayor is a miner, if that is at all relevant.

sweitx

• Bay Watcher
  • Sun Berry McSunshine
    • View Profile
Re: [40c] Welcome, engineer, to the miners guild!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 11:20:18 am »

Maybe it's the mayor complaining about the lack of mining job.  I think the complaint might be link to older complaints (someone else complained about lack of mining job a while ago, maybe even the mayor himself).
One of the toads decided to go for a swim in the moat - presumably because he could path through the moat to my dwarves. He is not charging in, just loitering in the moat.

The toad is having a nice relaxing swim.
The goblin mounted on his back, however, is drowning.

Ryo

• Bay Watcher
  • Store item in stockpile
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 11:25:38 am »

Possibly, but a large tunnel was recently dug out, so there has been plenty of mining going on. Plus, the announcement appeared exactly the same time as when the meeting with the engineer ended.

Exponent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 01:12:15 pm »

I can't for the life of me remember where, but I have a vague recollection of reading somewhere that there is a bug where every complaint about a lack of work refers to the miners guild, regardless of what the actual lack of work is.  I wish I could find the reference, but it is eluding me.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 06:51:38 pm »

The guild mentions themselves are a holdover from that gutted system, but I'm not sure why it would reference the miner's guild.  I can't find anything obvious in the code that records the guild inside the complaint, so I'll probably need to recreate the situation to figure it out.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!