Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404099 times)

korora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Multiworld Madness. Runs RTD Extended 1.3.
« Reply #1170 on: October 01, 2008, 04:27:37 pm »

Well... ouch.  That could have gone better.  Do the yellow wounds impact my roll?  Do I roll to avoid wounds worsening if they're not healed?

The Ashcraver healed me last turn; this turn, assuming Kashyyk successfully puts me inside the keep, I'm going to try to harness that ability to heal myself the rest of the way, since TK has proven disastrous with high rolls.

If I'm still outside when my turn comes around, I'll try to hack through the elven horde from behind, surprising them. (I am behind them, correct?)

Also, my profile doesn't reflect my boosted TK healing abilities.
DFPaint, a cross-platform 'screenbuilder' utility

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: October 01, 2008, 04:35:11 pm »

chaoticag needs help...
but elves are entering the keep!

well, i'll go to chaoticag. if there are any elves between me and him... well, i'll let you decide in which way i'll kill them. but there must be electricity. i was thinking about me running into a lightning. i mean that i am into the lightning and i run with it, through the elves (and of course, killing the elves.

if there are no elves, i just try to heal him if possible this turn.
Let me help you help me  ;D
Yes that is my action.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: October 01, 2008, 04:40:38 pm »

if you manage to help me, it will be hard for sean to write... luckly it is RTD, it doesn't have to be realistic. unless the help is you heal yourself and i walk to you.

but now we have to hope not to get a 6... or maybe we should hope we get one. how many elves are there near you, chaoticag?

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: October 01, 2008, 04:52:50 pm »

if you manage to help me, it will be hard for sean to write... luckly it is RTD, it doesn't have to be realistic. unless the help is you heal yourself and i walk to you.

but now we have to hope not to get a 6... or maybe we should hope we get one. how many elves are there near you, chaoticag?

For all I know, there could be anywhere from 2-500 depending on the roll, but most are running away or attacking... someone (I just skimmed this over).

And yes, the healing, not the clearing of elves in your path. (that would probably kill me).

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: October 02, 2008, 05:31:09 am »

If Rooster could post an action, I'd start rolling now...
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: October 02, 2008, 05:47:15 am »

I'm here
first: I slash treehugers into oblivion
second: I rock hard for elves to kill other elves in the name of SATAN!!!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: October 02, 2008, 06:41:04 am »

Alright, main rolls done. Enterprise-FRE couldn't get off the ground. A "lubricant-coated violent release of naturally-formed static electricity" was spotted on the battlefield. Another such violent release almost fried an innocent (though partially evil) bystander. Another needlessly cryptic native name was revealed. And the rock concert isn't happening.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: October 02, 2008, 07:19:26 am »

Turn's here! Rejoice!

Or not. You really should clear out fast, at the rate you are gathering wounds, you'll need a legion of medics to keep you alive.

------------      
Turn 38      
------------      
Quote from: andrea
   well, i'll go to chaoticag. if there are any elves between me and him... well, i'll let you decide in which way i'll kill them. but there must be electricity. i was thinking about me running into a lightning. i mean that i am into the lightning and i run with it, through the elves (and of course, killing the elves.   
|   With your power at its fullest, you engulf your body in streams of electricity, and thunderously rip through the elves in chaoticag's direction! You fly like a greased lightning, too quick to be seen by any eye, but the lightnings arc at everything in your wake! | Some elves were lucky to be vaporized outright as your blazing form blasted through their puny flesh, but dozens more were put through what seemed to them aeons of agony at the mercy of the electrical current. | While some of them did die, many just drop to the ground with severe burns and singed hair and clothing, and are now shaking uncontrollably from the after-effects of the shock.   
Quote from: chaoticag
   I help andrea.   
   How marvellously witty of you. :)   
|   Despite your wound, you quickly roll away from danger as andrea performs his signature Mega Spirit Maul Lightning Smash! | The dozen or so elves manage to scatter and don't get hit by the brunt of the attack, | and the crackling discharges of lightning barely singe their heels. They did run away though. Even dropped their weapons. | You apply some TK healing to heal your internal wounds.   
Quote from: Kashyyk
   I grab Korora and the doors, throw him into the keep and put the doors back in place. Preferably from the inside.   
|   In a spectacular display of strength, you do a powerful push-up with the doors, throwing the several elves off balance, | and onto the ground. Then, using one door as a twohanded weapon, you swipe most of the attackers out of the way, as the guards take another chance and successfully haul korora into the keep, then finally grab the second one, and back off into the keep, firmly jamming the stone slabs inside the doorframe. They'll hold, but they won't open for anything but a battering ram. If that.   
Quote from: Gantolandon
   I find the keymasters and try to persuade them to give their keys up if they want us to defend the keep more. If they won't we'll kill them and take the keys anyway, leaving the fortress exposed to elven attack. They have seen enough to not underestimate us...   
|   In spite of all the chaos, you calmly walk up to the key-guards, and clue them in on the situation. At first, their reaction I anger, they reach for their weapons…   
Quote from: LASD
   I'll help Gantolandon.   
|   … but then LASD approaches them as well. For some reason, the two of you combined manage to have a great effect on the guards. One of the guards kept turning his eyes to LASD's shield, as if seeing something strange, but every time quickly turned to listening again. Having heard you out, the guards converse briefly, and send one guard off to somewhere. You stand and wait. In a minute, the guard returns, and accompanying him is the dwarf in shining armor you have previously seen. He wears a full helm (shaped like an anvil, of all things), so you can't see his face, but speaks in a familiar voice: "So, ye have come, and by the Mighty Hammers, you have really shown yourself now. The Keepers of Nogzulban Zirilzaneg Soloz have told me, their leader, of yer business here. I will hear ye out now, but be swift! The battle is as hot as the forge's fires, and will bear no meddling."   
Quote from: Jay Kayell
   I grab Frelock and bring him to the tavern, killing every elf in my way.   
|   You carefully, so as not to turn his body into well-minced little strips, take Frelock by the waist, and carry him through the raging battle. You manage to protect him, but having only half your arsenal available, you cannot make as quick progress as you've hoped to.   
Quote from: Frelock
   I suppose I'll start up the TK field and fly over to chaoticag.   
|   With one powerful effort, you push yourself into consciousness. Considering the situation, you signal JK to let you go (which he gladly does), and form your TK field. You're almost instantly attacked, however, and though the elves don't manage to break the sphere, you have to strain yourself to keep concentrating, and cannot get airborne.   
Quote from: Boksi
   I pray to the dwarven gods, probably the one of earth and metals, to make my bones and body sturdy enough to withstand extreme concussive force, so that for example, my terminal velocity is non-lethal.   
|   You turn to the gods of this world in your mind, but it seems they are genuinely angry at you. ALL of you, in fact. Suddenly you are hit by lightning! | You shrug off the lightning, but your halberd acts as a lightning rod again, and redirects the bolt | into LASD!! | LASD is thoroughly sizzled by the lightning, his skin is burned, | He feels his heart beating unevenly, and has trouble breathing. The pain from the damage makes him drop to the ground, unconscious.   
Quote from: korora
   "The Ashcraver healed me last turn; this turn, assuming Kashyyk successfully puts me inside the keep, I'm going to try to harness that ability to heal myself the rest of the way, since TK has proven disastrous with high rolls.
If I'm still outside when my turn comes around, I'll try to hack through the elven horde from behind, surprising them. (I am behind them, correct?)"   
   It wasn't Kashyyk, technically, but I suppose it's the first one. :P Also, what makes you think this one won't prove disastrous?   
|   It seems your sword not only seeks death, it embraces it. By calling out to it with your mind, you made it release some of the energy it accumulated, and as it seeps into you your wounds heal slowly. You notice the snake eyes on the sword's handle are shining dimly, and as you continue draining the power, they continue to fade and go completely dark.   
Quote from: Rooster
   I slash treehugers into oblivion   
|   The treehuggers slash you into oblivion! Enraged by your earlier performance (in all senses of the word), the elves charge at you from all sides, intent on pulverizing you! | You barely manage to dodge or parry the heavier blows, but many still dig into your flesh, | badly slicing up your left arm, and leaving severe cuts on all of your body. Some of your ribs are cracked or broken,| but it's all a flesh wound to you. Despite your heavy bleeding, you manage to compose yourself, and throw the elves off with a few mighty roundhouse swings of the axe. You're still in dire need of help though, that bleeding looks bad.   
------------      
NPC Actions:      
Quote from: Elica Larifera
   Elica is a swordself. Recently hired by Frelock. He's armed with a wooden longsword, and dressed in (somewhat pierced) green-grey close-fitting clothing with scarce leaf-shaped decoration. Is badly burned, but otherwise alright, standing in the completely destroyed tavern.   
   While it would be nice to have Sat-Cam's and see everything, you don't know what Elica is doing.   
Quote from: Ballista operator dwarf
   This is the ballista operator dwarf who was resurrected by Frelock. He practically LOVES Frelock. Has brown hair and wears clothes of indiscernable blackish leather.   
   He's still firing away.   
Quote from: Horde of elves
   A sizeable threat to anything wearing leather or sleeping in wooden beds, this force of several thousand elves now surrounds the keep, and pretty much occupies the entire town. The elves still try to bring the keep doors down!    
|   And fail. | None of them got impaled on the spikes though.   
Quote from: Keep Defenders
   With most of everything plugged up and ready to withstand a tidal wave, the guards inside try to take a breather and patch themselves up. The marksdwarves still fire at the elves.   
|   But either the elves are too far apart, or it's too dark already, they don't manage to hit anyone.   
------------      
Elven assault!      
andrea:{4}   Andrea's presence alone is enough to counter any elves.   
Jay Kayell:{5}   It's all a walk in the park for JK now. Nothing short of a ballista bolt could actually stop him now. He easily cuts down anyone dumb enough to get within his (rather long) reach.   
Frelock:{1}   The elves suddenly attack all at once, and Frelock's shield breaks! | He manages to use his staff to jump over most of the attackers, but still gets a cut on his lower leg.   
chaoticag:{5}   And like I said, andrea's presence alone…   
Rooster:{3}   Rooster is an easy target, being all wounded like that, but he manages to keep the elves at bay, and only get a few more cuts to his right arm.   
------------      
Status after turn:      
Boksi:      
Standing upright on the roof of the keep.      
Wearing a reddish-black jacket of Karl Moebius leather, underwear, and slightly torn jean shorts. Wielding a masterwork steel halberd. Holding a wooden arrow covered in andrea's blood.      
Minor scars and numerous cuts  all over the body. Cold.      
Abilities: Basic TK Manipulation.Basic TK Healing. Big Bully. Special status: Carbon Flesh Interweave. Can only speak goblin. Activated Visual Omnisensor.      
andrea:      
Standing upright in the field behind the army of elves.      
Wearing underwear and fairly comfortable greyish trousers. Also wearing a armor set: -Iron splint-mail-, a shirt of leather, Bronze plated greaves, <<Iron high boots>>. Wields a +Steel maul+.      
Head bruised.      
Abilities: Shrapnel Self. Basic TK Healing. Empowered by Lightning (currently Moderately Drained, +0 agi, +1 spd, 1 turn to next level).      
korora:      
Down on the first floor of the keep.      
Wearing underwear, and makeshift bra-scarf clothing. Also wearing the armor set: <<+Iron breastplate+>>, a soft leather shirt, an Iron helmet, some hard leather greaves and -Aluminum high boots-.  Owns an Iron handaxe and a -Black bronze warhammer-, both on the third floor of the keep for now. Wields The Ashcraver.      
Unharmed.      
Abilities: Mighty. Extremely Agile. Extended TK Healing.      
chaoticag:      
Standing upright out in the field behind the elven assault.      
Wearing the armor set: +Steel Chestplate+, -Copper chainmail-, Aluminum cap, hard leather leggings and <<Copper plated boots>>. Wielding a wooden longsword.      
Lower body badly gashedBleeding. Nauseous.      
Abilities: Basic TK Healing. Extended TK Bolt.       
Gantolandon:      
Standing on the keep roof.      
Wearing underwear, a thin silky sweater, and a set of armor: A <<*Bone full plate armor*>>, +Bone gauntlets+, +Bone high boots+, and +Bone full helm+. Holding a paperclip and a nice pair of white socks. Wielding a +Bone Axe+.      
Much of the skin is burned and causes pain. Right hand seriously burned. Hands pierced by numerous splinters. Nasty scratch along the head.      
Abilities: Basic TK Healing(!). Special status: Activated Selective Translator.      
Frelock:      
Out in the field among the elves.      
Wearing underwear, a somewhat dirty and badly slashed up <<*Giant cave spider silk robe*>>, and +hippo leather sandals+. Wielding a Steel Quarterstaff and a -Small Iron throwing knife- as a backup weapon.      
Some nasty cuts on the body. Light bleeding.      
Abilities: Slightly improved strength. Meagerly improved agility. Can be cautious while calm. Improved TK Healing III. Stone Frank's Revivification. Basic TK Field. Special status: Activated Selective Translator.      
Kashyyk:      
Standing upright on the first floor of the keep.      
Naked.      
Flesh turned into iron, three arrows sticking out of abdomen, right leg, and left shoulder, numerous small dints and cuts.      
Abilities: Enrage Other. Enrage Self. Basic TK Healing(!). Special status: Activated Selective Translator (2). Steel scales. Extra: Rollerblades in the forearms.      
Rooster:      
Standing upright out on the field not too far from the keep.      
Wearing underwear (probably), a set of armor consisting of hard black studded leather armor and greaves, iron plated high boots, and fur-quilted iron shoulderpads with horns. Wields a +Steel Guitar-Battleaxe+.      
Badly cut left upper arm,numerous cuts and stabs all over the body, some ribs broken, several cuts on the right arm. Heavily bleeding.      
No outstanding abilities.      
LASD:      
Down on the roof of the keep.      
Wearing underwear, and a white/pink/yellow suit and top hat made of underwear. Also wearing the armor set: <<+Iron chain Cuirass+>>, -Iron chain gloves-, Iron chain greaves, and Iron low boots. Wielding a *Evil Aluminum tower shield*      
Has trouble breathing, heartbeat disrupted. Badly burnt skin on large areas of the body, causes severe pain. Battered head and upper body(back). Sprained right wrist. Unconscious.      
Abilities: Power of Peace. Power of Persuasion (suit bonus does not apply).Special status: Peacekeeper.      
Jay Kayell:      
Standing upright out in the field amidst the horde of elves.      
Wearing purple stretchy shorts. Useless shreds of underwear on right arm. Wielding a +Iron flanged mace+. The armor is armed with a collection of axes and swords (including one shimmering elven blade and one wooden with shimmering edges), and its steel clawed fists as well. The armor has 5 unspent arrows.      
Unharmed.      
Abilities: Novice Wrestler. Basic TK Healing. Blood of the Blood God. Blood Rage. Special status: Wearing Composite Reinforced Corpse-steel power armor.      
---------      
Environment:      
Tavern:   Was a two-floor building. Now it's a mangled ruin, thoroughly blasted apart. The building used to contain your enter/exit point, but how to use it is completely up to you now.   
Human/Dwarven Capital:   Large city on the outskirts of hell knows where. Holds a modest amount of homes, from hovels to two-floor apartment buildings, a set of shops, a temple, and a keep. Currently being surrounded by a verily horde of elves. The dwarves are mounting a large defence using siege engines atop the keep.   
Food store:   Square one-floor building with long tables laden with salted and fried meats of all kinds. There's a single wide table at the far end, with a chest on top of it. There's a mighty fine hole broken through the ceiling.   
Cloth store:   Rolls of cloth and various cloth, silk, and leather articles of clothing are on the many shelves inside this building. There's a single wide table at the far end, with a chest on top of it. The entire building is barely standing, most of its roof is collapsed. There's a pile of elf-paste near the building, and some elven corpses.   
Armor store:   Everywhere in the shop various pieces of armor are thrown about, shields of different sizes litter the floor, and arrayed under the now-broken shelves and tables are enough various boots to outfit a battalion. At the far end of the building, there is a single wide table. The heavy chest is on the floor, broken, a large supplement of coins from it now covers the floor.   
The Keep:   Large four-floor building. The first floor is almost devoid of furniture. The doors are jammed in the doorframe. A lot of civilians are huddled together in groups all over the floor. At least a dozen and a half guards are also there. The second floor is a massive stockpile of wood, metal, and stone. Dwarves constantly lug the materials to the upper floors. The third floor is turned into a massive workplace, with many workshops constantly working. The fourth floor is a large storage of siege ammo and some strange barrels. The roof of the keep is fortified with 9 ballistae and 3 catapults. There is some strange metal safe in the center of the roof, with 4 small keyholes and 1 large depression.   
The Temple:   Tall and proud, beautiful building of white marble, a solid first floor surrounded by columns is supporting several ring-shaped floors held up by beautiful marble supports. A deep pool of shiny, clear water can be seen inside the building. Well, it probably was like that. The entire thing has recently tried to rise up in mighty wrath as a gigantic statue of a carp, but failed miserably and broke to pieces. Afterwards, the overpowered Rooster single-handedly sent the whole place into oblivion along with the elves, who now cannot be seen, heard, or even smelled by anyone other than themselves.   
------------      
Background: [5]   The sunlight begins to fade completely. The sky is dark, already you can see some brighter stars. Gantolandon notices, even in the faint light, that the leader dwarf's helmet is encrusted with an intricate detail, a many-pointed star with various gems set into it. Glancing at the "safe", he notices that the depression's shape conveniently matches that of the detail...   
   And, the sunlight's disappearance will bear the following fruit - all who are impeded by darkness (dwarves aren't) will get a -1 penalty on anything that involves precision of sight, be it shooting, moving somewhere, or dodging. Andrea, being lit up, negates these penalties for those around him, but anyone bold enough to shoot him will do so without penalty, as he is clearly visible in the darkness.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 02:52:49 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: October 02, 2008, 07:41:00 am »

AUCH!

Someone should really heal me.

If someone does, I'll try to wake up and continue the negotiations. If no one does, I'll pray for help from the god of peace through the dreamworld.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: October 02, 2008, 08:03:56 am »

i LOVE this power! but unluckly elves started again to run away :(
i didn't kill many elves, but i think that the elves on the ground wish i killed them :P

also.... the keepers of what??

since chaoticag seems safe and i am here to protect him, i'll do what i wanted to do some turns ago: i build a lighting rod to put on my armor. i need to get power somehow.
just to ask... if boksi got a 5 instead of a 2, would the lightning have gone to me, recharging my powers?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: October 02, 2008, 08:10:45 am »

No, probably not. You were waay too far away to get struck from there. On a 5 it'd just dissipate. On a 1 it'd strike the leader dwarf. :)

Oh, btw I know what the dwarves will call JK now. He'll be the Zulbanator. :P Or Baldurator, seems to fit. Balorator, too.
I hope nobody's going to be called "Boromir". I don't even want to think about "Saruman"...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 08:27:21 am by Sean Mirrsen »

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: October 02, 2008, 08:19:45 am »

Boksi, could you help LASD? My TK Healing seems to be somewhat capricious until Elfzilla...

Well, if Boksi heals LASD, I continue the negotiations. I explain the situation to the dwarf. He seems somewhat friendly, so I skip most of previous threats. I tell him calmly that whatever is on the safe, we will need it to return home after the battle. It's a high price, but repelling such a great army should be worth it.

If he doesn't... well, I use my TK Healing to heal LASD and hope it will kick in.

korora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: October 02, 2008, 09:19:18 am »

My thinking was that an overshot with the Ashcraver wouldn't be equivalent to a bomb going off, unlike TK...  ;)

I'll stand near the doors, so I'm ready to kill elves if they break through the door; meanwhile, I'll examine the Ashcraver to see if I can figure out any other properties it may have.
DFPaint, a cross-platform 'screenbuilder' utility

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: October 02, 2008, 10:10:10 am »

First: I reinforce the doors with bits of rock, wood, abandoned weapons, dead elves, whatever, enough to make the doors survive Grond.
Second: I try to find a weapon that I did not use to block up the doors.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: October 02, 2008, 10:44:36 am »

I limp away to somewhere potentially safe.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 409