Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404016 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Multiworld Madness. Runs RTD Extended 1.3.
« Reply #915 on: September 22, 2008, 03:32:49 pm »

Roll!!!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: September 22, 2008, 03:38:38 pm »

roll!!

edit: sean, i know we didn't give you enough time.
but i still like posting "roll!!"

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: September 22, 2008, 03:40:25 pm »

Yaaaaaaaaahh....

Sorry guys, cannot make turn now. I'm dead tired and practically falling asleep, but I've done the rolls for your actions. Nobody's dead, not after the main actions at least, but you've racked up almost a hundred kills this turn. I'll try to post a turn sometime around 12 my time, in 10 or so hours. It seems I can't keep up the 2TP24H any more, not as long as I have to spend so much time working, at any rate.

ow...  my eyes hurt... too much time looking at the screen...
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: September 22, 2008, 03:43:37 pm »

use darkling, it helps

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: September 22, 2008, 04:22:29 pm »

You know, when you think about it, andrea's more of a Thor/He-Man hybrid if anything. Remember the He-Man intro? Of course, we don't know what forces are behind his power. We can't just call it "something".
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: September 22, 2008, 04:32:05 pm »

i don't know he-man... but i know that i want an hammer that will fly back to my hands.
so , let it be thor.

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: September 22, 2008, 04:36:05 pm »

Btw, JK is becoming "quite the battlemech". I think he needs a few ballista bolts and some more arrows, and he can be the steampunk high fantasy version of an Elemental.

DF is a pretty low fantasy, what with the rampant gore, death, absence of magic, and flesh-eating Elves.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: September 22, 2008, 04:59:14 pm »

i don't know he-man... but i know that i want an hammer that will fly back to my hands.
so , let it be thor.

Just promise me that the next time you go all transformy with that power of yours, assuming you can, that you do it like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO1ChfM94yQ&feature=related
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: September 23, 2008, 02:45:45 am »

Alright, make that 11 hours. :P Still, I got it finished. Nothing too spectacular has happened.

------------      
Turn 29      
------------      
Quote from: Kashyyk
   OK then, I activate my Enrage self ability and attack the elves around me, fighting my way to Elven leader. If I can I also help Chaoticag.   
|   You let a snippet of the iron man's spirit power fuel your rage. You feel it empowering your body! You let loose a mighty RRROAR!!, your eyes glow red! With that, you plunge into the spearhead of the renewed elven onslaught. Your axe slashes through flesh as through air as you mow down the ranks of the attacking treehuggers! | The elves scream in agony as whole platoons of them fall to your onslaught! The piles of elven bodies start to bog you down though, and you stop to take a breather after a while. The elven leader is still far from you, but you've killed no less than half a hundred in your murderous rage. Elves flee in terror before you.   
Quote from: korora
   Myself, I'm going to spend my turn looking for the key (which I know to be in the center of the roof) amidst all this chaos, while trying as best I can to avoid an arrow-y demise.   
|   Despite your best efforts, as soon as you moved from the meager protection the stone fortifications offered, several arrows proceeded to quite mercilessly stab you in the back. | They bounce off of you and strike a nearby human bowman. | His heart pierced from behind with one of the arrows, the bowman falls over the edge of the battlements, already dead. You decide it would be best to return to cover.   
Quote from: chaoticag
   I cleave a path to the elven leader while shouting terrifying war cries!   
|   Cleave! Cleave! Great Cleave! Like a blender out of hell, you hack through the ranks of the elves towards the leader and his gang, | killing no less than thirty as you go. The common elf soldiers step aside as you approach. The leader elf is riding a very large bear, he is clad in shimmering armor of a material you cannot identify, and has a sword of the same material. His bodyguards are what you can describe as "elf heavies" - in thick wooden armor emblazoned with runes of the same shimmering material, wielding broad wooden swords with shimmering edges. You get a feeling these guys could be trouble.   
Quote from: andrea
   i run toward the keep, maul raised, ready to brutally kill or burn any enemy i find on my path.   
|   Interestingly, enemies seem to dislike being in your path. Every elf you see is for some reason running away from you. Frustrated at this turn of events, you raise your maul and call a lightning strike towards one of the runners. | The lightning strikes, but suddenly arcs away toward Jay Kayell, who happens to be running by. | He absorbs the electricity. He seems to suddenly move faster. Despite your inability to actually kill anyone this time, you make it to the keep walls.   
Quote from: Jay Kayell
   I follow chaoticag and kill any elf that comes within arm's reach of me. I also make sure to grab some of the dead elves and bring them with me.   
|   You try to follow chaoticag as he runs, but are suddenly hit in the face with a chopped-off elven torso that obscures your vision. You stumble and fall into the pile of corpses produced by chaoticag.   
Quote from: Gantolandon
   There's no time to search for weapons, then. It's not neccessary with my power, anyway. Learning from my mistakes, I try to improve my TK Healing skill to allow it to shape flesh and bone more freely, minimalizing risk of overcharging it with too much force. Only then I will feel safe enough to start Dwarf Instrumentality Project...    
|   You try, and you try, but nothing seems to happen. You feel that the power is still there, but maybe you overexerted yourself in making the elfzilla, and the power will need time to restore itself?   
Quote from: LASD
   I'll make the dwarves guarding the odd construction believe that I'm the rightful owner of whatever is inside it and therefore give it back to me.   
|   You walk over to the dwarves. You are very insistant, you gesticulate wildly and do a lot of other stuff, up to and including trying bash one of the dwarves's skull in. They don't flinch. Seeing them withstand such a psychological onslaught, you are led to believe that whatever the item is, it has a VERY special meaning for them, one that no supernatural persuasion ability can overcome.   
Quote from: Frelock
   Since we already have two people looking at the strange construction, and I don't know dwarven (selective translator, being selective, should allow me to speak human, though, right?) I heal LASD and korora (they both have minor injuries, and I want to practice my healing).    
|   You try to walk over to LASD and korora, but suddenly step on something slippery and fall. Upon closer inspection, you see that it is blood. Upon even closer inspection, you notice the source of it - one of the ballista operator dwarves is now hanging limp from his post, several arrows protruding from his chest. You attempt to heal him, but even though you mend his body, it is too late - he is dead.   
Quote from: Boksi
   I think I'll try to actually add this earth-manipulation power to my actual arsenal of powers. Preferably by practicing on any nearby elves.   
|   The power does not return to you. You can't bring yourself to focus on it, probably because of the injuries you sustained from it last time.   
Quote from: Rooster
   (AI) I try to scale the walls of the keep to get to the roof.   
|   After a lot of toil, and almost falling several times, you manage to climb up to the roof of the keep using rare imperfections in the stone and lots and lots of stuck-in arrows.   
------------      
NPC Actions:      
Quote from: Elica Larifera
   Elica is a swordself. Recently hired by Frelock. He's armed with a wooden longsword, and dressed in (somewhat pierced) green-grey close-fitting clothing with scarce leaf-shaped decoration. Currently standing amidst the ruin of the tavern.   
   While it would be nice to have a sort of empathic link with your companion, you have no idea what he is doing.   
Quote from: Horde of elves
   A sizeable threat to anything wearing leather or sleeping in wooden beds, this force of several thousand elves now surrounds the keep, and pretty much occupies the entire town. The horde continues to rain death upon the defenders on the roof!   
|    Largely scattered by the fresh superhero forces, the "horde" cannot offer much in these terms though. Several arrows are shot up at the defenders, |, but they still find their mark, and several dwarves and humans are wounded.   
Quote from: Keep Defenders
   The dwarves withdraw to the inside of the keep to fend off the elves within. The guards of the strange construction still remain in place though.   
------------      
Elven assault!   (any attempt to move through outside now will go with a -2 penalty unless it is in a way that bypasses the elves)   
Boksi:[6]   As you drop your focus, dissapointed with the power being gone, it suddenly bursts through you! Unable to contain it, you summon huge spikes of rock that pierce everything around you! | Ten or so elves got impaled on the spikes. Some jumped out of the way of danger, but there were few of them around you to begin with. As you look around, catching your breath after the surge, you see that you are surrounded by a forest of two-meter-tall sharp spires of rock. It spreads in a radius of about 10 meters around you. You're puzzled as to how to get out. (Now -3 to movement unless you bypass the spikes and elves).   
andrea:[5]   Nobody seems to be attacking you, so you practice your lightning-calling a bit more. | Your skill and precision are still too poor, the elves manage to evade your lightning strikes.   
chaoticag:[3+1]   The common elves run past you, not paying attention to you. The leader stares at you intently. You feel your battle concentration fade away.   
Jay Kayell:[5]   Genuinely pissed at stumbling into a pile of elves, you stand up and proceed to maul and chop the living crap out of every elf within your reach. | Several unlucky swordselves are quickly turned to bloody pulp, many are grievously injured, some lost the arms/legs/other parts. Suddenly an elf archer shoots you with an arrow! | You cannot evade it and it plunges straight through the armor into your abdomen! | You're bleeding badly and nauseous, but it's nothing your body cannot take care of. Enraged at this act, you launch two arrows from your armor at the elf! | The arrows hit him in the abdomen and upper body, | throwing him to the ground in a nearly-dead, heavily bleeding heap.   
Kashyyk:[6]   Fueled by your rage, you charge through the elven ranks, shoulder first! | They are nimble enough to evade your wrath, but in doing this they inadvertedly cleared you a free path to their leader. Seeing two adversaries at once, the elven leader becomes somewhat concerned.   
Rooster is invisible.      
------------      
Status after turn:      
Boksi:      
Standing upright on the field not too far from the keep, surrounded by a field of sharp rock spikes.      
Wearing a reddish-black jacket of Karl Moebius leather, underwear, and slightly torn jean shorts. Wielding a masterwork steel halberd. Holding a wooden arrow covered in andrea's blood.      
Unharmed.      
Abilities: Basic TK Manipulation.Basic TK Healing. Big Bully. Special status: Carbon Flesh Interweave. Can only speak goblin. Activated Visual Omnisensor.      
andrea:      
Standing upright not too far from the keep.      
Wearing underwear and fairly comfortable greyish trousers. Also wearing a armor set: -Iron splint-mail-, a shirt of leather, Bronze plated greaves, <<Iron high boots>>. Wields a +Steel maul+.      
Unharmed.      
Abilities: Shrapnel Self. Basic TK Healing. Empowered by Lightning.      
korora:      
Crouched on the roof of the keep.      
Wearing underwear, and makeshift bra-scarf clothing. Also wearing the armor set: <<+Iron breastplate+>>, a soft leather shirt, an Iron helmet, some hard leather greaves and -Aluminum high boots-.  Owns an Iron handaxe and a -Black bronze warhammer-, both on the third floor of the keep for now. Wields The Ashcraver.      
Legs and arms bruised.      
Abilities: Mighty. Extremely Agile. Basic TK Healing (!).      
chaoticag:      
Standing upright, out in the field near the elven leader.      
Wearing the armor set: +Steel Chestplate+, -Copper chainmail-, Aluminum cap, hard leather leggings and <<Copper plated boots>>. Wielding a wooden longsword.      
Concussive damage to internal organs, large bruise on left upper arm. Bruised back.      
Abilities: Basic TK Healing.      
Gantolandon:      
Standing upright on the second floor of the keep.      
Wearing underwear and a thin silky sweater. Covered in dried vomit. Right foot covered with elven blood and brains. Holding a paperclip and a nice pair of white socks. Wielding an Iron dagger.      
Face and most of the body bruised. Hands pierced by numerous splinters. Left wrist sprained. Nasty scratch along the head. Minor bleeding.      
Abilities: Basic TK Healing(!).      
Frelock:      
Standing upright on roof of the keep.      
Wearing underwear, a somewhat dirty <<*Giant cave spider silk robe*>>, and +hippo leather sandals+. Wielding a Steel Quarterstaff and a -Small Iron throwing knife- as a backup weapon.      
Unharmed.      
Abilities: Slightly improved strength. Meagerly improved agility. Can be cautious while calm. Improved TK Healing II(!). Special status: Activated Selective Translator.      
Kashyyk:      
Standing upright out on the field near the elven leader.      
Naked. Wielding a -Steel Greataxe- and a makeshift Willow Buckler.      
Flesh turned into iron, three arrows sticking out of abdomen, right leg, and left shoulder, numerous small dints and cuts, but no serious damage is sustained.      
Abilities: Enrage Other. Enrage Self. Basic TK Healing(!). Special status: Activated Selective Translator. Steel scales. Extra: Rollerblades in the forearms.      
Rooster:      
Standing upright near the keep.      
Wearing underwear, and the armor set: -Iron chainmail-, iron chain greaves, copper boots, and a soft leather dress to wear all of that better. The chainmail is nicely polished, and almost looks silver. "Wears" illusion clothing (white garments, white robe) seen only by him. Wielding an +Iron longsword+.      
Nose broken, bleeding, forehead and chin bruised.      
Abilities: Improved Intelligence. Basic TK Healing. Power of Trickery (+). Special status: Blessing of Peace. Beyond Invisible. Beast Within. Extra: Doesn't know who he is, and calls himself Red.      
LASD:      
Standing upright on the roof of the keep.      
Wearing underwear, and a white/pink/yellow suit and top hat made of underwear. Also wearing the armor set: <<+Iron chain Cuirass+>>, -Iron chain gloves-, Iron chain greaves, and Iron low boots. Wielding a *Aluminum tower shield*      
Battered head and upper body(back). Bruised left foot. Sprained right wrist.      
Abilities: Power of Peace. Special status: Peacekeeper.      
Jay Kayell:      
Out on the street, standing amidst the elves.      
Wearing purple stretchy shorts. Useless shreds of underwear on right arm. Wielding a +Iron flanged mace+. The armor is armed with a collection of axes and swords, and its steel fists as well. The armor has 5 unspent arrows.      
Unharmed, slightly dizzy from blood loss.      
Abilities: Novice Wrestler. Basic TK Healing. Blood of the Blood God. Blood Rage. Special status: Wearing Improved Corpse-steel power armor.      
---------      
Environment:      
Tavern:   Two-floor building. The door is blown out, the doorframe is torn out as well. Amid the room is a large barricade of broken furniture, elven corpses and trash. Half of the building's roof is gone, most of it is now smashed into the floor. A large hole is broken into the storage cellar. Another hole is busted through the building's wall. There're some weapons stuck into the first floor's ceiling. The building houses your enter/exit point.   
Human/Dwarven Capital:   Large city on the outskirts of hell knows where. Holds a modest amount of homes, from hovels to two-floor apartment buildings, a set of shops, a temple, and a keep. Currently being surrounded by a verily horde of elves. The dwarves are mounting a large defence using siege engines atop the keep.   
Food store:   Square one-floor building with long tables laden with salted and fried meats of all kinds. There's a single wide table at the far end, with a chest on top of it. There's a mighty fine hole broken through the ceiling.   
Cloth store:   Rolls of cloth and various cloth, silk, and leather articles of clothing are on the many shelves inside this building. There's a single wide table at the far end, with a chest on top of it. The entire building is barely standing, most of its roof is collapsed. There's a pile of elf-paste near the building, and some elven corpses.   
Armor store:   Everywhere in the shop various pieces of armor are thrown about, shields of different sizes litter the floor, and arrayed under the now-broken shelves and tables are enough various boots to outfit a battalion. At the far end of the building, there is a single wide table. The heavy chest is on the floor, broken, a large supplement of coins from it now covers the floor.   
The Keep:   Large four-floor building. The first floor is almost devoid of furniture. A lot of civilians are huddled together in groups all over the floor. At least a dozen and a half guards are also there. The second floor is a massive stockpile of wood, metal, and stone. Dwarves constantly lug the materials to the upper floors. The third floor is turned into a massive workplace, with many workshops constantly working. The fourth floor is a large storage of siege ammo and some strange barrels. The roof of the keep is fortified with 9 ballistae and 3 catapults. There is some odd construction in the center of the roof.   
The Temple:   Tall and proud, beautiful building of white marble, a solid first floor surrounded by columns is supporting several ring-shaped floors held up by beautiful marble supports. A deep pool of shiny, clear water can be seen inside the building. Well, it probably was like that. The entire thing has recently tried to rise up in mighty wrath as a gigantic statue of a carp, but failed miserably and broke to pieces. Afterwards, the overpowered Rooster single-handedly sent the whole place into oblivion along with the elves, who now cannot be seen, heard, or even smelled by anyone other than themselves.   
------------      
Background: [6]   Kashyyk and korora eye the elf leader, his mount, and his bodyguards closely. They determine that the armor on the elf is actually cloth, and so is probably weak to piercing attacks, while the bodyguards are best taken care of with bashing. The bear looks tame under the elf, but you get a feeling he uses it for more than just riding into battle.   

p.s. Chaoticag, just in case you miss that line - your martial trance has ended.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: September 23, 2008, 04:32:50 am »

I rip the hearts out of several elves near me and offer them as a sacrifice to Armok in exchange for greater power.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: September 23, 2008, 05:53:45 am »

I propose a duel between me and the elven leader.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: September 23, 2008, 06:26:22 am »

I'm reeeeaaally sorry I wasn't there, but shit happens (I won't have internet for quite some time now)
so....
I'll define my AI let's call (ilusion/medic)
If something - anything injures me - I'll try to heal it (or some player)
and if I won't have something better to do - I'll practise illusion to mastery until it works
and if it works I'll start to use it
Cya- try to keep me alive with no- stupid-suicide actions this week....
or until I'll return

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: September 23, 2008, 07:25:50 am »

uhhh :( why do elves run away?
is it only because i became some kind of lightning god and i made the ground explode a couple of times just in front of them?

well... i can wait for the hammer.
i'll keep the enemyes far from the keep to allow dwarves and humans to rebuild the doors
and when i say "keep the enemyes far from the keep" i mean destroying any elf that even look at the keep in a bad way. i'll use everything i have: i'll bash them (or the ground if roll is good enough) with my hammer, i'll send lightnings, anything.

unluckly, if roll is good, there is a good chance they will just run away :(

so... you said my power recharge after i use it? so if i use it all i'll have it back in a couple of turns (or with an action)?

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: September 23, 2008, 07:48:01 am »

I take some dwarves with me (using sign language and grunts) and we proceed to rebuild the keep main door. We use the heaviest and hardiest metal we can find in the stockpile - yes, that means adamantine if there is any. If not, we will have to use steel or lead. The door, of course, will be spiked like a porcupine. If we can find cave spider venom barrels in the stockpile, we cover those spikes with it.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: September 23, 2008, 09:19:00 am »

I attempt to resurrect said dwarf, and practice the art of resurrection in general.
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 409