Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404221 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Multiworld Madness. Runs RTD Extended 1.3.
« Reply #510 on: September 12, 2008, 01:01:03 pm »

I'm sorry I was late, I have about 16 hours in one block where I can't get near a computer.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 12, 2008, 01:16:59 pm »

Good that I found a solution to things like that (If I wouldn't I'd be mostly AI)

\/- You're a Russian right? You wouldn't believe how Polish children are poor in Poland... so no, no cellphone
Ps - listening to the newest interview with Tarn and this theme song rocks!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 01:31:07 pm by Rooster »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 12, 2008, 01:21:30 pm »

Don't you have a cellphone? Surely typing a message on the numpad is hard, but it itsn't impossible.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 12, 2008, 01:31:50 pm »

Hm. This turn is a lot less exciting than the previous ones. Not much has really happened. I don't even know what to tease you with.

------------   
Turn 17   
------------   
Quote from: andrea
   i heal myself.

|   You don't manage to focus your power enough to heal yourself. It might just be because this area doesn't feel safe enough..
Quote from: Frelock
   I rummage through the cloths looking for a robe of a light cloth material and comfortable sandals.  If I find something, I leave my hand-made dwarf clothes as payment.  If I happen to come across something that would work as a bo-staff, I get that as well.

|   Throwing a few pieces of rubble aside, you manage to uncover a narrow pathway into the unbroken part of the shop. After a bit of stumbling around in the dark, you feel like you find something you need, and walk out. Looking at the items you picked up under the light of day, you see that they are a very comfortable-looking <<*Giant cave spider silk robe*>> with a sewn image of a cringing elf, and a very nice pair of +hippo leather sandals+. Looking over the shop, you also find a steel rung, probably used in the shop's structure at some point, that will work quite well as an Steel quarterstaff.
Quote from: Jay Kayell
   I once again attempt to upgrade my armor to give me a strength boost.

|   Using a combination of concentration and some odd motions, you imbue the arms and legs of your armor with your will. Then you give off a final jolt of power through the armor, and open your eyes. Trying to move the armor some more, you realise it now moves a lot easier. (You have +1 to strength while in armor, and your movement penalty is reduced to "-1 agility dodge")
Quote from: chaoticag
   In order to tell the humans that I come in peace, but mostly to show off, I heal my wounds using my TK powers.

|   Feeling uneasy from all the people looking, you fail to concentrate properly to heal all your wounds, but you still manage to seal the cut on your hand, and fix your ankle properly. | The people looking at you stand motionless, entranced by your healing abilities. Even the guards can't force their sight away from your hand, as if trying to percieve whether or not it is a trick. Your vigour finally returns to you.
Quote from: Gantolandon
   I'm trying to improve my power of deflecting arrows.

|   Whatever inspiration drove your valiant defence against the spray of arrows, it's gone now. You can't recall anything about the skill.
Quote from: korora
   I'll try to open that chest.

|   You try to pick the lock. It doesn't work. In frustration, you bash the lock with your hammer! WHACK!! The lock didn't break. Or rather, it did. It's now a mangled mess embedded into the metal plating of the chest. You can't hope to pick it or pry the lid open now. The chest itself is bound with strips of iron, and rather sturdy.
Quote from: Boksi
   I'll walk to the side of the doorway and attempt to locate any elves in the vicinity.

|   You cautiously walk to the side of the doorway and peer outside. Suddenly you see a pale-faced elf peek from behind the hovel nearby. Before you could make a sound to warn anyone, a massive sharp wooden log shot from above and skewered the elf, also more or less destroying the hovel. You continue your vigil for a few minutes, but nothing else happens.
Quote from: Rooster
   Using all badassnes from this world I insert into me this all badassnes to be a big badass hero just like from a comic book

|   You call upon the powers of the unknown! Through sheer mental effort, you peer into a nearby universe, but suddenly get hit smack in your mental face with a swirling mass of chaos and rage! | It attempts to consume you, but you overpower it. You open your eyes. Inside of you, you feel a tremendous power, driven by rage. You feel that if you were to succumb to the rage, you would become a mindless monster bent on destruction. You shiver at the thought. (Whenever you take damage, you must roll against becoming enraged, affected by the damage roll and any mental power bonuses. Failing the roll may have... undesirable consequences.)
Quote from: LASD
   I pray to the god of peace again strenghtening my vow so that he/she will make me unable to do anything violent and give me more power/protection.

|   Your prayer remains unheard. Short, but to the point. :)
Quote from: Kashyyk
   I try to learn dwarven

|   Despite being turned into iron, you still feel the band on your head when it activates. As you concentrate on trying to understand and learn the dwarven language, you feel a tingling sensation at your temples and behind your ears. | You easily keep yourself concentrated as you move your hands to touch the tingling areas. Suddenly you feel very warm around your head. The incessant unintelligible murmuring around you instantly transforms into still barely understandable, due to the crowdedness, but perfectly interpretable english.
------------   
NPC Actions:   
Quote from: Sword-elf 1
   This one has pale green hair, and wields a longsword and shield of wood. Let's call him "Greeny".

Quote from: Sword-elf 2
   This one wields a shortsword, and is slightly shorter than the rest. Let's call him "Shorty".

Quote from: Sword-elf 3
   This one also has a shortsword, and looks around warily as he walks. Let's call him "Sneaky".

Quote from: Bow-elf 1
   This elf's face has obviously seen better days, it's scarred all over. He has a longbow. Let's call him "Scary".

Quote from: Bow-elf 2
   This one seems to have been in battle not long ago. He's slightly wounded in the leg, but is no longer bleeding. Carries a shortbow. Let's call him "Limpy".

Nobody can see what the group is doing.   
------------   
Arrowfest! Only your luck will save you!   
Gantolandon:|   You manage to avoid several arrows that weren't specifically aimed at you.
Frelock:|   A few arrows hit the ground close to you. Alarmed, you roll sideways just in time to avoid being hit by an arrow into the chest! | You are not hit at all, but sprain your ankle in the wicked dodge attempt. (-1 agility dodge)
------------   
Status after turn:   
Boksi:   
Standing upright in the keep, on the first floor.   
Wearing a reddish-black jacket of Karl Moebius leather, underwear, and slightly torn jean shorts. Wielding a masterwork steel halberd.   
Head battered and bleeding. Arms heavily bruised. Skin and flesh is of greyish color.   
Abilities: Basic TK Manipulation.Basic TK Healing. Big Bully. Special status: Carbon Flesh Interweave. Can only speak goblin.   
andrea:   
Standing upright in the armor shop.   
Wearing underwear and fairly comfortable greyish trousers. Also wearing a armor set: -Iron splint-mail-, a shirt of leather, Bronze plated greaves, <<Iron high boots>>. Wielding a +Steel maul+.   
Left arm battered. A few ribs on the left side cracked, one broken. Body and all limbs bruised. Several large wooden splinters in left leg. Minor bleeding.   
Abilities: Shrapnel Self. Basic TK Healing. Additional status: Blood Debt to God of War and Artifice.   
korora:   
Wearing underwear, and makeshift bra-scarf clothing. Also wearing the armor set: <<+Iron breastplate+>>, a soft leather shirt, an Iron helmet, some hard leather greaves and -Aluminum high boots-.  Wielding an Iron handaxe in the right hand, and a -Black bronze warhammer- in the left.   
Unharmed.   
Abilities: Basic TK Healing (!).   
chaoticag:   
Wearing underwear. Wielding a cracked +Ashen Scimitar of Splinters+.   
Concussive damage to internal organs, large bruise on left upper arm. Bruised back.   
Abilities: Basic TK Healing.   
Gantolandon:   
Standing upright on the roof of the tavern.   
Wearing underwear and a thin silky sweater. Covered in dried vomit. Right foot covered with elven blood and brains. Holding a paperclip and a nice pair of white socks. Wielding an Iron dagger.   
Face bruised. Hands pierced by numerous splinters. Nasty scratch along the head. Light bleeding.   
Abilities: Basic TK Healing(!).   
Frelock:   
Standing upright near the ruined cloth shop.   
Wearing underwear. Holding a greenish warm sweater and skyblue shorts, both too small to wear, a <<*Giant cave spider silk robe*>>, and +hippo leather sandals+. Wielding a Steel quarterstaff, with a -Small Iron throwing knife- as a backup weapon.   
Sprained ankle. (-1 agility dodge)   
Abilities: Slightly improved strength. Meagerly improved agility. Can be cautious while calm. Improved TK Healing II.   
Kashyyk:   
Naked. Wielding a -Steel Greataxe-.   
Flesh turned into iron, but otherwise unharmed.   
Abilities: Enrage Other. Enrage Self. Basic TK Healing. Special status: Activated Selective Translator. Extra: Rollerblades in the forearms.   
Rooster:   
Standing upright in the food store.   
Wearing underwear. "Wears" illusion clothing (white garments, white robe) seen only by him.   
Unharmed.   
Abilities: Basic TK Healing. Power of Trickery (+). Special status: Blessing of Peace. Invisible. Beast Within. Extra: Doesn't know who he is, and calls himself Red.   
LASD:   
Wearing underwear, and a white/pink/yellow suit and top hat made of underwear. Also wearing the armor set: <<+Iron chain Cuirass+>>, -Iron chain gloves-, Iron chain greaves, and Iron low boots.   
Bruised left foot.   
Abilities: Power of Peace. Special status: Peacekeeper.   
Jay Kayell:   
Standing upright in morbid corpse-steel powered armor, on the first floor of the keep.   
Wearing purple stretchy shorts. Useless shreds of underwear on right arm. Wielding a +Iron flanged mace+. The armor is armed with a collection of axes and swords, and its steel fists as well.   
Unharmed.   
Abilities: Novice Wrestler. Basic TK Healing. Blood of the Blood God. Blood Rage. Special status: Wearing Improved Corpse-steel power armor. Avatar of Armok.   
---------   
Environment:   
Tavern:   Two-floor building. The door is blown out, the doorframe is torn out as well. Amid the room is a large barricade of broken furniture, elven corpses and trash. Half of the building's roof is gone, most of it is now smashed into the floor. A large hole is broken into the storage cellar. Another hole is busted through the building's wall. There're some weapons stuck into the first floor's ceiling. The building houses your enter/exit point.
Human/Dwarven Capital:   Large city on the outskirts of hell knows where. Holds a modest amount of homes, from hovels to two-floor apartment buildings, a set of shops, a temple, and a keep. Currently being surrounded by a verily horde of elves. The dwarves are mounting a large defence using siege engines atop the keep.
Food store:   Square one-floor building with long tables laden with salted and fried meats of all kinds. There's a single wide table at the far end, with a chest on top of it. There's a mighty fine hole broken through the ceiling.
Cloth store:   Rolls of cloth and various cloth, silk, and leather articles of clothing are on the many shelves inside this building. There's a single wide table at the far end, with a chest on top of it. The entire building is barely standing, most of its roof is collapsed. There's a pile of elf-paste near the building, and some elven corpses.
Armor store:   On all of the shelves in the shop lie various pieces of armor, shields of different sizes are hung on the walls, and arrayed under the shelves are enough various boots to outfit a battalion. At the far end of the building, there is an single wide table. The heavy chest is on the floor, intact.
The Keep:   Large four-floor building. The first floor is almost devoid of furniture. A lot of civilians are huddled together in groups all over the floor. At least a dozen and a half guards are also there. The roof of the keep is fortified with ballistae and catapults.
------------   
Background: [3]   You have noted before the disappearance of the insistant pulsing when you entered the keep. Now you noted that sometimes it appears as you look around, but can't pinpoint the direction.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 02:29:08 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 12, 2008, 01:42:35 pm »

I learn how to speak dwarven.
If I learn how to speak dwarven I then tell the dwarves to repair the doors.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 12, 2008, 01:43:32 pm »

Looks like a comic power to me  ;D

first:
I work on IQ (I try to get a bonus on intellectual-based actions)
second:
I try to learn the ability "whatever happens when I fail the roll to prevent enraging I try to control it (Its in case I would become a demon and could reap to shreds elves but not humans and to control what I'm doing mostly)"

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 12, 2008, 01:43:43 pm »

hey! i am still outside! wait a couple of turns before closing the doors.

i heal my wounds, trying to concentrate more.

i can't go into the battle while wounded.

korora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 12, 2008, 01:44:41 pm »

Sean, I think you forgot to close a tag. Everything after that dodge has the 'critical agility' tooltip.

To the keep I go!
DFPaint, a cross-platform 'screenbuilder' utility

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 12, 2008, 01:46:05 pm »

Is there someone that isn't in the keep (besides andrea and me)?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 12, 2008, 01:47:01 pm »

Fixed. Thanks, korora. That's the second time I miss that thing.

Frelock is at the cloth store. Gantolandon is on the roof of the tavern, acting as a turret.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 12, 2008, 01:50:07 pm »

hey! i am still outside! wait a couple of turns before closing the doors.

Ok, I'll change my command to the dwarves: I order them, if I can speak dwarven, to take me to their leader
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

korora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 12, 2008, 01:50:38 pm »

And I'm in the armor shop, but hopefully not for long.
DFPaint, a cross-platform 'screenbuilder' utility

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 12, 2008, 01:51:33 pm »

I leave the too-small clothes behind, and don the robe and sandals.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 12, 2008, 02:04:57 pm »

I attempt to gain perception of things unseen by human eyes. I'm talking things like seeing magic energies, life force, etc. Specifically focusing on my wristband. We all had wristbands didn't we? Well, whatever they were, I attempt to attune my vision to it's energies.

Some guesses at what will happen:

I go blind
I see unspeakable eldritch abominations and go insane
Nothing at all happens
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 12, 2008, 02:11:27 pm »

Not wristbands. Headbands.

And yeah, those are probable results for 1, 6, and 2, respectively.

AAnd yeah, btw, I forgot to add Frelock's new items to his status. >_>
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 02:26:05 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 409