Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404225 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Multiworld Madness. Runs RTD Extended 1.3.
« Reply #435 on: September 11, 2008, 12:45:41 pm »

Well, you might be lucky and the general might have remembered you. And survived. :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 11, 2008, 12:49:24 pm »

Using my TK ability, I try to redirect some arrows into the other elves.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 11, 2008, 12:50:26 pm »

Well, you might be lucky and the general might have remembered you. And survived. :P

I don't think he'll recognize me or Kashyyk though...
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 11, 2008, 01:03:28 pm »

general? that dwarf at the tavern was the general?

also, only person who still have to post is rooster, isn't it?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 11, 2008, 01:08:17 pm »

I already have his action, because he posts them in pairs. His action is very appropriate I must say, if he manages not to explode the food store into meaty chunks.

And yes, the general will hardly recognize Kashyyk (or Boksi for that matter), but JK didn't lose his human form, and he's bound with Armok, which all dwarves feel (and thus why they were able to respond to his Battlecry of Armok). If anything, JK is the best candidate for entering the keep, because he's resistant to cuts and bashes, he's large and menacing (meaning "nothing like an elf"), and very much looks like an avatar of Armok.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 11, 2008, 01:12:02 pm »

And my armor is partly made of elf corpses, that'll pretty much make me an instant friend of any dwarf I meet  :P
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 11, 2008, 01:14:53 pm »

so... are we waiting for someone, or are you already writing the rolls?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 11, 2008, 01:38:11 pm »

I'm rolling the writes. :D

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 11, 2008, 02:05:30 pm »

Im dead, I'm done for....
I knew it...
It was fun really...
it was my first rpg game in 6 years...
If I die I'm making my own RTD (don't take it as a suggestion and don't make me auto-die...)
I'm a big emo after all  ::)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 11, 2008, 02:24:43 pm »

It'd make a great teaser, but I'm posting the rolls now, so no big suspence.
You're now what many would consider a ghost. :D

On the overall, the turn was good. Another door appeared in the tavern. Armor has begun its distribution process among the players. The first contact of the third kind with the keep's inhabitants went without injury on both sides.

------------   
Turn 15   
------------   
Quote from: andrea
   i wear the best armor i can find

|   You rummage through the pile of armor on the floor, but don't manage to find any matching pieces that you like.
Quote from: LASD
   But still, for style issues, I'll put on all of the armor.

|   You throw all the armor into the air, then jump up, turn a somersault, and land perfectly dressed, your iron chain garments concealed by your suit. You're not sure how you did it yourself.
Quote from: chaoticag
   That's it! I scale the keeps walls and force myself through an arrowslit.

|   Out of desperation, you climb up the broken wall of the tavern, getting a few splinters in the process, and jump down outside. You land unsuccessfully however, and seriously sprain your right ankle. You lean against the wall, catering to your wound.
Quote from: Frelock
   I heal chaoticag and Gantolandon.

|   You try to force yourself to get up, but you still can't. After a bit of struggling, you manage to open your eyes and get up, but you cannot focus to attempt any kind of healing.
Quote from: Kashyyk
   I shoulder barge my way through the wall, with enough momentum to bring myself to Rooster.

|   You charge at the broken section of wall! It barely gives way, cracking and crumbling just enough for you to fall through. You're down on the ground, a little underwhelmed by the result of your attempt. Still, you made a second doorway in the tavern.
Quote from: Boksi
   I go inside the keep and politely ask what is going on. If they refuse to tell me, I can always ask slightly less nicely.

|   You barge into the keep. You are greeted by a multitude of angry voices! Two humans in chainmail run toward you, their shortswords raised! | You hold out your halberd and easily parry the blows. What few make it through your defence don't leave a mark on your tough grey skin. After a while, the humans stop, puzzled, and try to comprehend your actions. You stand still, without provoking them, and they eventually back off. You look around. Many worried eyes are looking at you. It appears a lot of the population of the town have gathered in the keep. At least one and a half dozen humans and dwarves on this floor are armed, and are looking at you warily, but seem to respect that "you come in peace". The keep itself is a large, mostly empty building with scarce furniture and supports upholding each of the 4 floors.
Quote from: korora
   OK, now that I'm in the armor shop, I'll do the logical thing and put on the best-quality armor I can find.  I'd like something that protects against arrows and doesn't hinder movement too much (and also doesn't take a hand, since I'm dual-wielding and planning on keeping it that way).

|   Maybe you criteria are better than andrea's, but you manage to find a nice set of armor. It consists of an <<+Iron breastplate+>> decorated with cougar bone, a soft leather shirt, an Iron helmet, some hard leather greaves and, to your surprise, -Aluminum high boots-. (The whole set causes a +1 against piercing and blunt damage, but statistic defence is lower. You're holding it, no way I'm going to allow all that to be put on at once. :))
Quote from: Jay Kayell
   Ok, then I'll upgrade the armor to give me a strength bonus instead.

|   You try very hard, but the armor is stuck in such a way that disallows working on it effectively. You've gotten yourself a bit loose in the doorframe though (+1 to any following attempt to pull you out, by you or anyone else).
Quote from: Rooster
   i heal myself with tk healing

|   You really feel the need to do it right this time. And you do it! All your injuries are mended. | You hear the door open soon after you've healed yourself. You suddenly realize you're way too far away for this to be anyone friendly, and instinctively call upon your illusion powers to hide yourself. You stand still and tremble with fear as the door fully opens and three mean-looking elves walk in. They look around the room, they even walk near you and look right through you, but don't notice you. Scratching their heads in confusion, they leave. Estimating the situation and the effect, you surmise that you have illusionized yourself to be invisible. You're not sure how long it will last. (You don't receive a -1 for this.)
Quote from: Gantolandon
   Using my TK ability, I try to redirect some arrows into the other elves.

|   You concentrate on your TK powers. Even concentrating very hard, you can't make your powers manifest in that way. You do feel that your power is charged up a bit. (+1 to arrow dodge this turn)
------------   
NPC Actions:   I'm a lil bit annoyed by having to do circles around "Sword-elf 1"s for names, so I'll give them some identifiers if you don't mind.
Quote from: Sword-elf 1
   This one has pale green hair, and wields a longsword and shield of wood. Let's call him "Greeny".

Quote from: Sword-elf 2
   This one wields a shortsword, and is slightly shorter than the rest. Let's call him "Shorty".

Quote from: Sword-elf 3
   This one also has a shortsword, and looks around warily as he walks. Let's call him "Sneaky".

Quote from: Bow-elf 1
   This elf's face has obviously seen better days, it's scarred all over. He has a longbow. Let's call him "Scary".

Quote from: Bow-elf 2
   This one seems to have been in battle not long ago. He's slightly wounded in the leg, but is no longer bleeding. Carries a shortbow. Let's call him "Limpy".

Nobody can see what the group is doing.   

The civilians in the keep just sit there.
The guards in the keep don't do anything important.
------------   
Arrowfest! Only your luck will save you!   
Kashyyk:|   You didn't feel being hit by any arrows. Maybe you were, but they didn't even scratch you.
Gantolandon:|   You suddenly see a few arrows flying dangerously close to where you're standing. You attempt to smash them off-course with your TK power, but it only deflects two of them. | You duck in the nick of time, but still get a nasty scratch along the head from the arrow. You're lightly bleeding.
chaoticag:|   Being next to the tavern, you weren't hit by any arrows. You even managed to fix up your ankle a bit.
------------   
Status after turn:   
Boksi:   
Standing upright in the keep, on the first floor.   
Wearing a reddish-black jacket of Karl Moebius leather, underwear, and slightly torn jean shorts. Wielding a masterwork steel halberd.   
Head battered and bleeding. Arms heavily bruised. Skin and flesh is of greyish color.   
Abilities: Basic TK Manipulation.Basic TK Healing. Big Bully. Special status: Carbon Flesh Interweave.   
andrea:   
Standing upright in the armor shop.   
Wearing underwear and fairly comfortable greyish trousers. Wielding a +Steel maul+.   
Left arm battered. A few ribs on the left side cracked, one broken. Body and all limbs bruised. Several large wooden splinters in left leg. Minor bleeding.   
Abilities: Shrapnel Self. Basic TK Healing. Additional status: Blood Debt to God of War and Artifice.   
korora:   
Wearing underwear, and makeshift bra-scarf clothing. Wielding an Iron handaxe in the right hand, and a -Black bronze warhammer- in the left. Holding: <<+Iron breastplate+>>, a soft leather shirt, an Iron helmet, some hard leather greaves and -Aluminum high boots-. (The whole set causes a +1 against piercing and blunt damage, but statistic defence is lower.)   
Unharmed.   
Basic TK Healing (!).   
chaoticag:   
Standing upright near the tavern.   
Wearing underwear. Wielding a cracked +Ashen Scimitar of Splinters+.   
Concussive damage to internal organs, large bruise on left upper arm. Cut left hand, minor bleeding. Bruised back. Slightly sprained ankle. Slightly drowsy.   
Basic TK Healing.   
Gantolandon:   
Standing upright on the roof of the tavern.   
Wearing underwear and a thin silky sweater. Covered in dried vomit. Right foot covered with elven blood and brains. Holding a paperclip and a nice pair of white socks. Wielding an Iron dagger.   
Face bruised. Hands pierced by numerous splinters. Nasty scratch along the head. Light bleeding.   
Basic TK Healing(!).   
Frelock:   
Standing upright in the tavern.   
Wearing underwear. Holding a greenish warm sweater and skyblue shorts, both too small to wear. Wielding a -Small Iron throwing knife-.   
Unharmed.   
Slightly improved strength. Meagerly improved agility. Can be cautious while calm. Improved TK Healing II.   
Kashyyk:   
Down on the ground beside the tavern.   
Naked. Wielding a -Steel Greataxe-.   
Flesh turned into iron, but otherwise unharmed.   
Abilities: Enrage Other. Enrage Self. Basic TK Healing. Extra: Rollerblades in the forearms.   
Rooster:   
Standing upright in the food store.   
Wearing underwear. "Wears" illusion clothing (white garments, white robe) seen only by him.   
Unharmed.   
Abilities: Basic TK Healing. Power of Trickery (+). Special status: Blessing of Peace. Invisible.  Extra: Doesn't know who he is, and calls himself Red.   
LASD:   
Wearing underwear, and a white/pink/yellow suit and top hat made of underwear. Also wearing the armor set: <<+Iron chain Cuirass+>>, -Iron chain gloves-, Iron chain greaves, and Iron low boots.   
Unharmed.   
Abilities: Power of Peace. Special status: Peacekeeper.   
Jay Kayell:   
Standing upright in morbid corpse-steel powered armor, stuck in the doorway of the tavern. (-1 to moving, but +1 to getting out, by himself or with someone's help)   
Wearing purple stretchy shorts. Useless shreds of underwear on right arm. Wielding a +Iron flanged mace+. The armor is armed with a collection of axes and swords, and its steel fists as well.   
Unharmed.   
Abilities: Novice Wrestler. Basic TK Healing. Blood of the Blood God. Blood Rage. Special status: Wearing corpse-steel powered armor.   
---------   
Environment:   
Tavern:   Two-floor building. The door is blown out and replaced with a table. Amid the room is a large barricade of broken furniture, elven corpses and trash. Half of the building's roof is gone, most of it is now smashed into the floor. A large hole is broken into the storage cellar. There're some weapons stuck into the first floor's ceiling. The building houses your enter/exit point.
Human/Dwarven Capital:   Large city on the outskirts of hell knows where. Holds a modest amount of homes, from hovels to two-floor apartment buildings, a set of shops, a temple, and a keep. Currently being surrounded by a verily horde of elves. The dwarves are mounting a large defence using siege engines atop the keep.
Food store:   Square one-floor building with long tables laden with salted and fried meats of all kinds. There's a single wide table at the far end, with a chest on top of it. There's a mighty fine hole broken through the ceiling.
Cloth store:   Rolls of cloth and various cloth, silk, and leather articles of clothing are on the many shelves inside this building. There's a single wide table at the far end, with a chest on top of it. The entire building is barely standing, most of its roof is collapsed.
Armor store:   On all of the shelves in the shop lie various pieces of armor, shields of different sizes are hung on the walls, and arrayed under the shelves are enough various boots to outfit a battalion. At the far end of the building, there is an single wide table with a chest on it.
The Keep:   Large four-floor building. The first floor is almost devoid of furniture. A lot of civilians are huddled together in groups all over the floor. At least a dozen and a half guards are also there. The roof of the keep is fortified with ballistae and catapults.
------------   
Background: [4]   You can't help but notice that there's more and more noise out on the streets of the town. Gantolandon, from his roof, notices a lot of fighting going on not too far away. He also sees that the elves number in the thousands - they're coming like the tide. Also, Boksi notices that the insistant pulsing has disappeared when he was entering the keep.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 02:33:32 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 11, 2008, 02:35:03 pm »

i take any armor . just a block of metal if i can't find soemthing else!

also, could someone heal me?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 11, 2008, 02:36:25 pm »

I suddenly see you wearing a suit of +Steel Anvil-mail+. :D :P

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 11, 2008, 02:40:43 pm »

Dude You scared me I thought that I died  ::)
Ok, it looks I got lucky

first action:
I clean the sweat from my forehead (Not an action, just some epicness)
And I pray to some god of heroes
-" Oh! Mighty gods I thank you for saving me!
I have a favor to ask thou
- If you will aid me more I vow that I will ( with my companions) save this city from barbaric elves)
[that's my big action, it will be funny if I score 1 now  ;D]
second:
Using all badassnes from this world I insert into me this all badassnes to be a big badass hero just like from a comic book

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 11, 2008, 02:40:56 pm »

well, it would be a bit hard to walk, but it works!
chains made of anvils! what sword or arrow can break that?

but if possible i owuld like to get some real armor. i need a 6 on this... then i can start killing elves. i hate the -1

if i "wear the best armor i can find, while bashing the nearby ones that i don't like" would it be violent action, so i wouldnt get a -1?

but no, i don't think i'll try it... not before everyone has an armor.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 02:43:22 pm by andrea »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 11, 2008, 02:50:00 pm »

Well, let's see who doesn't...  Boksi is infused with protection, JK is a walking armor in and of himself, LASD is an avatar of hardshell friendliness, korora is laden with nice armor, Kashyyk is made or iron... Rooster is invisible. I say you're set to take on an elven capital. :P

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 409