Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404204 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Multiworld Madness. Runs RTD Extended 1.3.
« Reply #390 on: September 10, 2008, 12:18:46 pm »

Statistically speaking, if Kashyyk doesn't post within the next 2-3 hours, he's not going to post today.  So you may want to put him on AI for tonight before you go to bed, Sean.  Of course, I try to assume the best of people, so I'm sure he's going to post in the next few hours.

And a question of mine: if the top of the tavern was blown away, what happened to the cube?

Fun trivia fact: did you know that, after Corrupt a Wish and GP, we are the third most-replied-to thread on Various nonsense?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 12:24:55 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 10, 2008, 12:29:03 pm »

As awful a pun as it is, you should think outside of the box. The only things from the cube that exist now on the second floor of the tavern are the panel, the rug, and the infinitely thin sheet of metal closely form-fitting a section of the wall, with the built-in quantum stockpile of underwear that's currently depleted.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 10, 2008, 12:44:14 pm »

You know what, since I can probably guess Kashyyk's action for this turn (I go to the keep), I'll put him on AI this turn, so if he returns, he'll get a chance to post another action for the turn after that.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 10, 2008, 12:57:35 pm »

Alright, TURN!

I had to take action to save Frelock this turn, and luckily that action didn't land on a 1. More or less, this turn is beneficial to you all.

------------   
Turn 13   
------------   
Quote from: Boksi
   I run into the keep then. I have a feeling there's something going to happen there.

|   The keep's a large building, and lugging that halberd around ain't too easy. You make it to the entrance of the keep and stop to catch your breath. You're still outside. (+1 probability bonus on arrow evasion due to location)
Quote from: Jay Kayell
   I head to the keep to help my dwarven brothers of blood.

|   You run to the street, but get stuck in the doorway, too big to fit through with the armor. Winnie the Pooh suddenly comes to mind… (-1 to moving)
Quote from: andrea
   I head to the keep.

|   You stumble on all the clothing you were digging through, tangle up, and don't manage to leave the shop building.
Quote from: Frelock
   I heal myself.  If the concentration bonus works when healing two targets, I also heal Rooster.
   Nope, sorry, only one target.
|   Despite your earlier training, you cannot focus enough to use your TK powers due to pain. | You give in to pain and pass out. (Unconscious, -2 to all rolls, failguard)
Quote from: korora
   Well, I almost missed the background check and did something silly. I'll head to the keep.

|   You head towards the keep, but see the same group of 5 elves LASD saw, walking cautiously towards the keep. | You manage to take cover in the bushes without attracting their attention.
Quote from: chaoticag
   I rest myself, hoping that my ailments will go away.

|   Just as you were about to doze off, you suddenly realised that for whatever reason, you would need to sleep exactly 8 hours before you can wake up. Horrified by the thought of being eaten by elves in your sleep, you force yourself to be awake. You're a little drowsy. (-1 to concentration and accuracy)
Quote from: Gantolandon
   (AI): Realising what I have done, I rush over to Frelock and heal his wounds.

|   For some reason (quite possibly because of your recent surge) you suddenly understand the principles of the fine use of TK more clearly. You throw the remains of the log off of Frelock's legs, and quickly encase him in a shell of TK force, binding his torn flesh and melding his shattered bones together. When you are done, Frelock is as good as if he just stepped out of the cloning tank. Even his underwear was unharmed, but it's now soaked in his own blood. He's still unconscious though. (You need one more Perfect use for a skill boost.)
Quote from: Rooster
   I try to give my illusions an ability to daze my opponents.

|   Even for all your training with illusions, you cannot make them affect the mental state of your enemies. You probably could if you tried to improve the power you have though. Nevertheless, you feel your face getting slightly better. (only -1 on sight dodge now)
Quote from: LASD
   I go in the closed shop.

|   You approach the shop and carefully pull the door. It opens! You walk inside. | Bingo! On all of the shelves in the shop lie various pieces of armor, shields of different sizes are hung on the walls, and arrayed under the shelves are enough various boots to outfit a battalion. At the far end of the building, there is an single wide table with a chest on it.
Quote from: Kashyyk
   (AI): I go to da keep.

|   On your long journey towards the keep, you encounter the first insurmountable obstacle - Jay Kayell, stuck in the doorway in all his armor. You stop, puzzled, and try to think of a way to go out.
------------   
NPC Actions:   I'm a lil bit annoyed by having to do circles around "Sword-elf 1"s for names, so I'll give them some identifiers if you don't mind.
Quote from: Sword-elf 1
   This one has pale green hair, and wields a longsword and shield of wood. Let's call him "Greeny".

Quote from: Sword-elf 2
   This one wields a shortsword, and is slightly shorter than the rest. Let's call him "Shorty".

Quote from: Sword-elf 3
   This one also has a shortsword, and looks around warily as he walks. Let's call him "Sneaky".

Quote from: Bow-elf 1
   This elf's face has obviously seen better days, it's scarred all over. He has a longbow. Let's call him "Scary".

Quote from: Bow-elf 2
   This one seems to have been in battle not long ago. He's slightly wounded in the leg, but is no longer bleeding. Carries a shortbow. Let's call him "Limpy".

The group is heading towards the keep, slowly, trying to avoid being seen by the defenders (ultimately failing because of you people though)   
------------   
Arrowfest! Only your luck will save you!   
Boksi:|   It was hard to get hit with all that rock covering you from one side, so you weren't.
korora:|   None of the arrows could find you in your hiding place.
Group of elves:|   A few arrows fell among the elves, but they gracefully evaded them.
------------   
Status after turn:   
Boksi:   
Standing upright next to the keep's entrance.   
Wearing a reddish-black jacket of Karl Moebius leather, underwear, and slightly torn jean shorts. Wielding a masterwork steel halberd.   
Head battered and bleeding. Arms heavily bruised. Skin and flesh is of greyish color.   
Basic TK Manipulation.Basic TK Healing. Carbon Flesh Interweave.   
andrea:   
Down on the floor of the clothing shop.   
Wearing underwear and fairly comfortable greyish trousers. Wielding a +Steel maul+.   
Left arm battered. A few ribs on the left side cracked, one broken. Body and all limbs bruised. Several large wooden splinters in left leg. Light bleeding.   
Abilities: Shrapnel Self. Basic TK Healing. Additional status: Blood Debt to God of War and Artifice.   
korora:   
Sitting in a thick bush near a hovel.   
Wearing underwear, and makeshift bra-scarf clothing. Wielding an Iron handaxe in the right hand, and a -Black bronze warhammer- in the left.   
Unharmed.   
Basic TK Healing (!).   
chaoticag:   
Standing upright in the tavern.   
Wearing underwear. Wielding a cracked +Ashen Scimitar of Splinters+.   
Concussive damage to internal organs, nauseous (-1 concentration), large bruise on left upper arm. Bruised back. Slightly drowsy.   
Basic TK Healing.   
Gantolandon:   
Wearing underwear and a thin silky sweater. Covered in dried vomit. Right foot covered with elven blood and brains. Holding a paperclip and a nice pair of white socks. Wielding an Iron dagger.   
Face bruised.   
Basic TK Healing(!).   
Frelock:   
Down on the floor of the tavern building, or what's left of it.   
Wearing underwear. Holding a greenish warm sweater and skyblue shorts, both too small to wear. Wielding a -Small Iron throwing knife-.   
Unharmed. Unconscious.   
Slightly improved strength. Meagerly improved agility. Can be cautious while calm. Improved TK Healing II.   
Kashyyk:   
Naked. Wielding a -Steel Greataxe-.   
Flesh turned into iron, but otherwise unharmed.   
Abilities: Enrage Other. Enrage Self. Basic TK Healing. Extra: Rollerblades in the forearms.   
Rooster:   
Wearing underwear. "Wears" illusion clothing (white garments, white robe) seen only by him.   
Several large slinters in legs, light bleeding. Bruised left upper arm. Face heavily bruised, eyes swollen a bit (-1 to sight-dependant dodge, will heal eventually).   
Abilities: Basic TK Healing. Special status: Blessing of Peace.Blessing of Trickery (+).  Extra: Doesn't know who he is, and calls himself Red.   
LASD:   
Standing upright in the armor shop.   
Wearing underwear, and a white/pink/yellow suit and top hat made of underwear. Wielding a brittle bow made of a chair and underwear.   
Unharmed.   
Abilities: Power of Peace. Special status: Peacekeeper.   
Jay Kayell:   
Standing upright in morbid corpse-steel powered armor, stuck in the doorway of the tavern. (-1 to moving)   
Wearing purple stretchy shorts. Useless shreds of underwear on right arm. Wielding a +Iron flanged mace+. The armor is armed with a collection of axes and swords, and its steel fists as well.   
Unharmed.   
Abilities: Novice Wrestler. Basic TK Healing. Blood of the Blood God. Blood Rage. Special status: Wearing corpse-steel powered armor.   
---------   
Environment:   
Tavern:   Two-floor building. The door is blown out and replaced with a table. Amid the room is a large barricade of broken furniture, elven corpses and trash. Half of the building's roof is gone, most of it is now smashed into the floor. A large hole is broken into the storage cellar. There're some weapons stuck into the first floor's ceiling. The building houses your enter/exit point.
Human/Dwarven Capital:   Large city on the outskirts of hell knows where. Holds a modest amount of homes, from hovels to two-floor apartment buildings, a set of shops, a temple, and a keep. Currently being surrounded by a verily horde of elves. The dwarves are mounting a large defence using siege engines atop the keep.
Food store:   Square one-floor building with long tables laden with salted and fried meats of all kinds. There's a single wide table at the far end, with a chest on top of it.
Cloth store:   Rolls of cloth and various cloth, silk, and leather articles of clothing are on the many shelves inside this building. There's a single wide table at the far end, with a chest on top of it.
Armor store:   On all of the shelves in the shop lie various pieces of armor, shields of different sizes are hung on the walls, and arrayed under the shelves are enough various boots to outfit a battalion. At the far end of the building, there is an single wide table with a chest on it.
------------   
Background: [1]   Nothing this turn. Keep looking.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 01:00:38 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 10, 2008, 01:20:40 pm »

i rush to the armor shop bashing its door to get some armor (i know door is open, but i don't want to have -1 on rolls.

korora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 10, 2008, 01:20:50 pm »

Well, that turn was pretty ineffectual on all our parts.  Except LASD, woo!  I go to the armor shop (and look for some light armor if I can squeeze that in this turn).

I propose to you all that we avoid the elf group for now so we can grab loot and make a coordinated effort to attack them on a future turn. 

By coordinated, of course, I mean 'as coordinated as possible within RTD', a phrase better known as 'chaotic'.
DFPaint, a cross-platform 'screenbuilder' utility

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 10, 2008, 01:24:42 pm »

Finally!

I drop my bow (I will never need it) and find a set of armor that fits under my clothes (Ring mail and matching pants for example.)

After I'm safe(r) from mortal peril, I can focus on other interesting things like the chest.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 01:26:57 pm by LASD »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 10, 2008, 01:32:01 pm »

after i get the armor i heal myself (or somebody heal me) and i go to kill the elves! i need to kill the elves. i am tired of that -1. i am tired of bashing doors when i have to go somewhere.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 10, 2008, 01:46:27 pm »

When you are done, Frelock is as good as if he just stepped out of the cloning tank
I think this is a hint.

My action: I make another powered arm thing from the shreds of underwear I am currently wearing on my right arm. Recycling is good for the environment, you know ;D
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 10, 2008, 02:17:51 pm »

Well, thanks for saving me, Sean.

Quick question, do I wake up automatically, or do I have to use an action?

I work on my healing skills.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 04:20:51 pm by Frelock »

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 10, 2008, 02:18:39 pm »

I attempt to practice looking intimidating. Really intimidating. "I think I'll go attack that other guy instead" kind of intimidating, in fact.

Who needs armor when you can just have your enemies flee instead? I'll go get some armor after the carnage.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 10, 2008, 02:33:57 pm »

7 players in, 2 on AI, that makes only Rooster holding us back, unless we consider AI-ing Kashyyk for two consecutive turns in one go somewhat inhumane.

Frelock, -2 on next action implies you trying to force yourself to wake up and do your action. The failguard won't let you drop lower than 2, so in the worst case you'll just keep being unconscious. If the total is 3, you'll probably just wake up and remain a little drowsy.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 02:38:11 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 10, 2008, 04:05:05 pm »

So, basically, I need a 6 to do anything, and a 5 to wake up.  Anything lower than that, and I remain unconscious.  I suppose it would be a bad idea to use the backwards reasoning, saying my action is "I remain unconscious" and hoping I will fail (which is highly likely).

Well, then, I go with my new revised action.

Statistically again, Rooster is unlikely to post until 11:00am your time, Sean; however, his stats are more sporadic than Kashyyk's.  Therefore, it might be best to wait until tomorrow, and see if both of them post.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 04:18:05 pm by Frelock »

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 10, 2008, 04:09:43 pm »

Don't put me on AI yet!
I go to the keep.

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 10, 2008, 05:54:46 pm »

Are you sure you don't have room for just one more player?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 409