Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404143 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Multiworld Madness. Runs RTD Extended 1.3.
« Reply #270 on: September 08, 2008, 10:13:08 am »

I call to my right hand making it jump back to me and reseal itself to my wrist.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 08, 2008, 10:17:33 am »

your action is to try and pick the lock/unlock the door yourself, right?
That is correct.

I expected I don't have to make someone join me to get him/her do things, but is it even possible to persuade someone to join me to get him to follow me for all eternity and to obey my every command? (and do I get the charisma bonus when I do that?)

If this is a complete replica of the DF world, this should be easily done. I just go to someone and proclaim "You look like a mighty warrior indeed!" and then s/he joins me unless s/he is underaged or a coward.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 10:21:30 am by LASD »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 08, 2008, 11:10:02 am »

If you say that with the said intention, you can get yourself a new companion. Yes, this is a replica of the DF world, for the mechanics that are applicable, so you can indeed get someone to follow you for all eternity, no questions asked, no strings attached. And yes you get the charisma bonus. But does your new companion have a nifty supernatural band embedded into his skull?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 08, 2008, 11:28:36 am »

No, he obviously doesn't.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 08, 2008, 11:30:00 am »

OK...
my action now should be something safe 'cause I have a -1 from illusion "bonus" and a +1 "blessing"
first:
I try to change the illusion of god to make it a permanent creation that won't fade this turn, nor in the
future
second:
I make some illusion snow-white clothes on me.

Hmm I think that making an illusion wasn't a violent act (or maybe you already included the blessing?)
I have a question:
If my illusion will succed at persuading suicide will I lose my bonus to non-violent actions?

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 08, 2008, 11:48:02 am »

LASD, i hope you get a good roll this time. we really need armor...

oh, 19 pages, 8th turn and nobody died.  we are the longes and the least deadly RTD at the moment. also, we are the fastest. in few days we will get more turns than immortal's RTD

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 08, 2008, 12:27:29 pm »

Yea, well, we're pounding out almost 2 turns a day.  I'm definitely enjoying this faster-paced RTD.  Means less suspense (or more, if you count Sean's teases).  It also keeps me checking the forums all the time :-\.

By my count, we've got all 10 actions already.  So long as Sean isn't going to bed at a reasonable hour, we might get another turn in.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 08, 2008, 01:12:12 pm »

Yep, we're sure going to. I got distracted for a bit again, plus needed to solve the internet access problem at home. Plus, I forgot my good old black d6 piece at work, so you can expect a change of fate - this turn will be done using an even older blue piece.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 08, 2008, 01:15:08 pm »

paint it red, iwth the blood of the elves we killed!

no, i am fine with it, unless for some reason it keep rolling only 1 or 2 numbers.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 08, 2008, 01:53:19 pm »

Well, it seems to be fairly "fair" so far...  but we already had a touch and go moment, a brush with death, so to say, but the dice landed in your favor. Also, it seems like a nice tradition to include at least one cluster-bombing effect every turn. I'm not doing it on purpose, too many 6's in a row...

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 08, 2008, 02:10:54 pm »

Well, it seems to be fairly "fair" so far...  but we already had a touch and go moment, a brush with death, so to say, but the dice landed in your favor. Also, it seems like a nice tradition to include at least one cluster-bombing effect every turn. I'm not doing it on purpose, too many 6's in a row...

Simply put, LASD leveled the armor shop after sixing a lock picking. Typical.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 08, 2008, 02:14:39 pm »

wait- .. you said DEATH?
please tell me it wasn't a player.
tell me it was an nPC who died

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 08, 2008, 02:18:27 pm »

An NPC died. (just because I tell you it, doesn't make it true; however, he did say a "a brush with death, so to say, but the dice landed in your favor" so I assume no-body's dead, they just got really close)

What would happen after sixing a lock picking?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 08, 2008, 02:19:09 pm »

I said "a brush with death". While you may get a vision of a brand new, acid-yellow Colgate toothbrush with a little Death sitting on it, the phrase merely refers to a touch-and-go moment where a player could die to a bad roll.
(if you really must know, it was the only player whose name I convert to an acronym)

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 08, 2008, 02:23:13 pm »

I said "a brush with death". While you may get a vision of a brand new, acid-yellow Colgate toothbrush with a little Death sitting on it, the phrase merely refers to a touch-and-go moment where a player could die to a bad roll.
(if you really must know, it was the only player whose name I convert to an acronym)

GODDAMMIT!
Decapitation - enjoy the difference
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 409