Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404046 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Multiworld Madness. Runs RTD Extended 1.3.
« Reply #135 on: September 05, 2008, 11:23:15 am »

uh... i hope that the last person post his turn soon. waiting is killing me.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 05, 2008, 11:38:54 am »

Yeah. Me too. I'll only put him on autopilot in two hours. He's likely to post within an hour though, according to his post stats.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 05, 2008, 01:22:32 pm »

I wait another 40 minutes and put LASD on AI. Though he'll probably appear at 00.15 again.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 05, 2008, 02:03:22 pm »

Alright, LASD is on AI for this turn. Wait a bit, turn coming up.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 05, 2008, 02:10:54 pm »

Not all rolls were good this turn, but it wasn't too bad overall. Bad news - the golem is out of control! The good news - well, it's alone, and there's 9 of you...  :)

------
Turn 5
------
Quote from: Frelock: Well, I suppose my next logical step would be to put on the clothes.
=[1]:( Upon trying to put on the clothes, you realise you made them a few sizes too small. The dwarf in the room probably had something to do with it.

Quote from: chaoticag: I break a table, in hopes that something weapon-like will be formed.
=[5] Kii-yaah! A sturdy table nearby crumbles into a pile of wooden refuse after being hit by your mighty right leg. Noticing a curious protrusion in the pile, you grab it and pull it out. Now you are holding a curved, jagged, and suprisingly sharp and balanced hunk of wood that you could probably call an "+Ashen Scimitar of Splinters+". (victim makes a roll to avoid aggravating splinters)

Quote from: Jay Kayell: I concentrate on learning the greater mysteries of unarmed combat to become a legendary+5 wrestler
=[3] You meditate on the arts of wrestling. After a while, you give up, because the mysteries of the art elude you. You manage to remember some lessons in self-defence though. (+1 to critical dodge when grappled)

Quote from:  korora: I ... drop on andrea and Gantolandon and hope they break my fall.
How nice and friendly of you. :)
=[3] You drop on andrea and Gantolandon. Or at least you think you do. You land on some clothing, roll sideways and hit your back on a willow table. [6] The table cracks down the middle and falls apart. You are unharmed.

Quote from: Boksi: I open the door leading to outside, hopefully finding a tree to climb up into.
=[2] You run to the door, but your feet get tangled in some clothing, and you fall toward the door. [5] You grab the handle to stop your fall. The door is still closed.

Quote from: Gantolandon: Well, I desperately search the tavern for something even remotely looking like a weapon.
=[2] Apart from chaoticag's scimitar, you find nothing that looks like a weapon. You briefly consider "forcefully obtaining" the thing, but think better of it.

Quote from: andrea: i try to focus on making a pile of steel weapons on the table , using the power of the deepest parts of my mind
=[6-2=4] From the depths of your mind, you summon forth a great power. As if fueled by a benevolent god, you rise from your underwearly prison, your eyes still closed, and gently float towards one of the tables. In your dream, you see streams of energy emanating from your hands, taking shape as mighty tools of war, and falling down onto the hard surface before you. Before the dream ends and you open your eyes, a deep, reverberating voice speaks to you: "I have granted thee thy wish. In return, thou must bring to end the lives of five enemies of my kin. Until then, luck shall not follow you. Go with war." You open your eyes, and you are standing on a chair in front of a table. On the table there is a stack of dark metallic weaponry of various shapes and sizes, mostly axes and hammers. You feel relieved.
(You are now bound by a dwarven god of war and artifice to kill five elves. Until then, you recieve a -1 penalty to all nonviolent action rolls.)

Quote from: Rooster: I appologize to the god so that he will help me ... even if just a little
=[5] You pray for forgiveness of your sins. You feel your headache passing. A voice booms inside your head: "I accept thy words. Go with peace, child." You feel slightly energized. (You got a blessing of the God of Peace and Rebirth. +1 to all non-violent actions until you kill a living being.)

Quote from: Kashyyk: I fight the golums mind, to take control of the golum body
=[2] Your attempts to take over the body go unnoticed, and have absolutely no effect. The soul of the iron man has finally accustomed to the body, and starts moving.

Quote from: LASD(AI): I attempt to make a bow from a chair and some underwear.
=[4] You pick up a chair, take it apart, band three pieces of wood together with underwear to make the bow, and make a string from more underwear. It's fairly awful as far as bows go, and doesn't look too sturdy. (will have to make a roll to avoid the bow falling apart after each use)

NPC Actions:
Quote from: Kashyyk's iron body controlled by a raging iron man's spirit
The Iron Kashyyk Golem tears a hole through the wooden floor!
=[5] BASH!! CRASH!! SMASH!! In three hits, the iron golem busted through the thick flooring, and dropped down, crushing a table in the process. It stands up, looking around with glowing red eyes. It emanates an aura of rage.
------
Status after turn 5:
Boksi: Standing before the door. Naked. Holding a jacket made of Karl Moebius leather.
LASD: Standing upright. Wearing underwear, and a white/pink/yellow suit and top hat made of underwear. Wielding a brittle bow made of a broken chair and underwear. (+1 to persuading to do a nonviolent action)
Gantolandon: Standing upright. Wearing underwear and a thin silky sweater. Slightly cracked skull, bruised upper body, a pair of cracked ribs, minor internal organ damage. Covered in drying vomit. Holding a paperclip.
chaoticag: Standing upright. Wearing underwear. Can barely hear things (-1 to dodge something not seen). Wielding an +Ashen Scimitar of Splinters+.
Frelock: Standing upright. Wearing underwear. Meagerly improved agility (+1 to critical agility rolls). Holding a greenish warm sweater and skyblue shorts, both too small to wear.
andrea: Standing upright, on a chair. Wearing underwear and fairly comfortable greyish trousers. Can order any touched object to explode in his direction. Bound to kill 5 elves by the dwarven god of war and artifice. (-1 to all nonviolent action rolls until 5 elves are killed)
korora: On the floor. Wearing underwear, and a pink bra around the neck. Nose broken, light bleeding, face battered, scratched, and in splinters. Bruised arms, hands, upper body. Right hand in pain. Red scarf coiled around left arm.
Kashyyk: Standing upright. Naked. Can cause any living being in immediate vicinity to attack him with utmost brutality. Is an iron golem posessed by a raging spirit of a slain legendary iron man.
Rooster: Standing upright. Wearing underwear. Doesn't know who he is, and calls himself Red. Blessed by the human god of peace and rebirth. (+1 to nonviolent actions until a living being is killed)
Jay Kayell: Standing upright. Wearing purple stretchy shorts. Underwear-powered contraption on right arm (+1 to strength actions with the arm). Slightly bruised shoulder, bruised head, back, and left elbow. Novice Wrestler (+1 to critical dodge when grappled)

Environment: Tavern building. 2 floors. Tables and chairs are placed on both floors. On the second floor, there is a pile of underwear and the green rug and panel. Also, the hole made by the golem is there. On the first floor there is a door outside, everything else is covered by various underwear and torn blood-spotted clothing. At least three tables and one chair are broken. A pile of what seems to be some well-made weaponry is situated on a table. A trapdoor is in the corner of the building.

Background:[2] Nobody noticed anything new this round.

Tell me if this new style is horrible or not.
Maybe it'll be better if only the names are in quote headers?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 03:29:52 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 05, 2008, 02:21:40 pm »

I take the sharpest axe I can spot on the table.

korora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 05, 2008, 02:27:33 pm »

Well, at least my dodge rolls have been consistently decent.  I'd like to wield an axe in my right hand and a hammer in my left.
DFPaint, a cross-platform 'screenbuilder' utility

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 05, 2008, 02:28:32 pm »

It'll be annoying if we post detailed actions. Names sounds okay, though. I prefer the old style, overall.

I'll pick up a weapon from andrea's pile. If that causes me to share her curse or something, then so be it. I want a halberd, assuming my character knows how to use one. Otherwise I'll pick a spear.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 05, 2008, 03:17:22 pm »

hey, last turn i was wearing some comfortable greyish trousers! where did they go? i can't fight wearing only underwear!
to tell the truth i would also need some armor... but the -1 to all rolls wil make it hard.
also, how can i kill 5 elves with -1 on ALL rolls? shouldn't i get normal rolls at least while fighting elves? i will need some kind of ranged attack, maybe something that can kill several elves togheter.

[red flaming eyes= on] enemyes are out there. worse than everything they are elves, who came to eat us, our familyes, our friends. now it is time to fight, to make these cowards run back to their trees!for the honor and for the glory of the god who gave us our axes and hammers, take a weapon and fight like a man, or run like a rabbit!
blood will flow today! FOR ARMOK!!!

i take an hammer and bash the door

(please, let me get a good roll here. after i say all that i can't fail to open the door...)

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 05, 2008, 03:20:46 pm »

Yesterday I watched this topic almost the whole day and now I see I would have needed to wait one hour more to post a turn. Today, I wasn't at home at all until now, so I apologize for keeping you waiting so long (again). Great AI decision though Sean, regarding my next action, which I was going to anyway.

I try to disguise as an elf.

P.S. I will definitely be actively watching this topic during the weekend.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 03:22:25 pm by LASD »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 05, 2008, 03:22:58 pm »

Quote from: andrea
hey, last turn i was wearing some comfortable greyish trousers! where did they go?
Quote from: Sam the Freelance Policedog
Oops, oh yeah.

I'll fix it right away.

As for the -1 to all rolls, well, it probably was a bit too harsh of me, but the end result ended up being too good not to have a suitable drawback for a total of 4. I think I'll do a retcon and change that to "-1 to all nonviolent actions". You and Rooster got some drastically opposite blessings. :)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 03:27:58 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 05, 2008, 03:25:43 pm »

LASD, if you disguise as an elf, i might have to kill you...  that curse make me kill elves. you would be a lone elf. a lone elf is easyer to kill than an army of elves.

so please, don't become an elf.

i'll still try to stop the dwarven soldier that is inside me from killing you (yes, i know we are humans here)you shouldn't have to worry much

edit: of course i'll try not to kill you. if it will hapen it will be for a bad roll.

also, what do you all think about my speech?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 03:30:56 pm by andrea »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 05, 2008, 03:34:29 pm »

That curse won't make you kill LASD unless he becomes an elf, which he'll only do on a 6. Hehe. ;)

If you really say that speech, I'll roll for the golem to be impressed. That won't net any effect though, just flavor. :)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 03:36:29 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 05, 2008, 03:41:14 pm »

I attempt to use dwarf companion to teleport the iron golem among the army of elves.
Tell me if this is too overpowered.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 05, 2008, 03:41:53 pm »

i know the curse won't make me kill him. but maybe that god will give me half kill for him?
no, it is not worth it...

and yes, i really say that speech.
speaking is a free action, isn't it?

but my action is "i bash the door using one of the hammers in the table"
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 409