Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 403990 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Multiworld Madness, or I Am Positively Insane.
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2008, 12:25:44 pm »

I'd suggest doing something more normal in any case. That's not to say the art of exploding things at will won't have a use where you all are going.

Making and putting on will be two. Just grabbing some underwear and putting it on I'll let go as one.

Btw, things are going to change very much next turn. :D I swear, these numbers were set before the game started!
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

korora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2008, 12:27:45 pm »

I strike a pose near (but not TOO near) pedestal IV and try to prepare myself as best I can for whatever may appear.
DFPaint, a cross-platform 'screenbuilder' utility

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2008, 12:31:57 pm »

Then I'd like to change my action:

I grab some underwear and put them on.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2008, 12:41:12 pm »

Alright. Only LASD remains now. I hope he'll visit us before midnight strikes here - I need a little more sleep than the 4.5 hours I got yesterday. :P

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2008, 02:13:37 pm »

Sorry for the delay, just got home.

I wear my suit and top hat (as I seem to be holding them), for I am a gentleman. (I'll sure need that charisma at some point and if I don't, at least I'll look good. Unless I really screw up the dressing up.)

EDIT: What is your time zone Sean? Oh, noticed now from the stat page. Damn, late by 15 minutes. It was two hours to midnight here so I got my hopes up.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 02:18:46 pm by LASD »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2008, 02:30:47 pm »

Yeah, you're a bit late, but I noticed you were online so I waited for you. :)

Notice to everyone - different places have different properties. As you could see before, the cube was a bit protective of you. This place is VERY harsh, but most of you know the rules, and what is and what is not possible in this world. Heh heh.

------
Turn 2
------
Boksi: I jump around like an idiot.
=[2] You consider jumping around like an idiot, but eventually decide that it is below your pride. You continue shrinking. Now you're about four meters tall.

Gantolandon: I push the fourth (button on the panel).
=[3] You take a long time thinking about it. Still in doubt about the sanity of your action, you point your right hand's index finger at the button marked "IV", and, bringing together all your courage and determination, push it.
Nothing happens.
Nothing continues to happen for a whole second.
Suddenly the world before you (and every player) explodes into a rainbow-colored mess of tiny symbols, that start speeding past your field of vision faster than Enterprise-E at full warp, at the same time emanating noise akin to several Boeing-747's taking off at once and immediately crashing into a forest of world trade centers.
This continues for ten years (or a fraction of a second), after which you find yourself standing on the same green rug, staring at the same wall. You are dazed, but you think you hear sounds from all around you, sounds of people talking in strange languages, dogs barking, birds singing, and all other sounds of a very busy settlement.

Rolls against daze and confusion:
Boksi: [4] You must have blinked. You are only slightly dazed. In other news, the hair on your head is touching the wooden ceiling. Wait, wooden ceiling?
LASD: [5] Your mind must be very resistant to such effects. You are in control of your body.
chaoticag: [4] Again you managed to predict the effect. You are only slightly dazed. When the effect ends, you find your sense of all-encompassing knowledge gone. Looking around, you see that you are standing on what seems to be an elaborate horseshoe-shaped balcony making up the second floor of a wooden building. You can see the first floor and the door that seems to lead outside from here. Tables and chairs are strategically placed on both floors.
Frelock: [6-1=5] This time you were prepared for the effect, though its appearance was different. You are in full control of your body, but still on the ground.
andrea: [4] As you were recently focusing your mind, it probably found some means to resist the effect. You are only slightly dazed, and in full control of your body.
korora: [6] As the multicolored symbol-vomit slipstreams past you, you open your mind in an attempt to understand what is happening. You gain realisation: you are travelling through a rift in a pandimentional entity known as The Multiworlds. Then you are hit with a googolplex of images of the countless worlds that make up that entity, and you pass out. You fall on the floor, unconscious, upon arrival. (-2 penalty until next action is resolved)
Kashyyk: [6] You also try to get more than your share of knowledge about the universe. However, your revelation is slightly different - you look into yourself, and discover that around, or in your head, there is a supernatural, infinitely thin, touch-sensitive and mind-controllable band that binds everyone who was in the cube to the green panel. Somehow, you manage to retain consciousness, but you are very dizzy. You fall to your knees and vomit. The vomit is dissolved into the green rug.
Rooster: [2] Curse or no curse, this is ridiculous. Again you are dazed. You lose your sense of balance and fall on the soft rug.
Jay Kayell: [3-1=2] Once again your armguard failed to protect your mind. Being already dazed didn't help as well. You are very dazed. In addition, the wall you were leaning against has suddenly disappeared. You fall on the wooden floor and slightly bruise your left shoulder.
The panel suddenly becomes dim. The "IV" button lights up and is slowly pulsing.

Rooster: I try to turn myself into a devil with inhumane powers.
=[1-1(daze)=0] You try, and feel like you will succeed, but the sudden shift in reality has really thrown off your concentration. Your head hurts very much now. (-1 to actions involving intelligence, wit, or concentration)

chaoticag: I look under the rug.
=[6] You focus your power to look under the rug. This is what you are able to sense:
Currently under the rug:
A layer of dust (seven years)
A birchen floor (constructed fifty years ago)
Some air, stale.
An oaken table. On it, a 1.2kg chunk of poorly cooked groundhog meat, a willow mug filled with a pint of a mildly alcoholic beverage called sewer brew, an iron battleaxe.
Two willow chairs. On one, a 128 year old male dwarf wearing finely crafted garments made of pig tail cloth, a well-crafted iron chainmail, and a pair of exceptional iron high boots.
Another birchen floor (same age)
Exactly 23.7 meters of silty clay and clay loam.
Exactly 80.23 meters of diorite.
A cluster of three sapphires embedded in a 10.3-meter layer of bauxite.
Exactly 172.2 meters of granite.
You are quite staggered by this information. It overloads your senses and your brain.
Roll to avoid brain damage: [3] Your head hurts very much. You bleed lightly through your nose.
Roll to avoid sense loss: [2] You are having problems hearing. (-1 to dodge something you don't see)

andrea: i concentrate on the art of making things explode at my will.
=[1] Sorry, the dice do not lie. You do learn to make things explode though. Specifically, you learn to make any small object you touch explode at you, at will. :P

Jay Kayell: I grab some underwear and put them on.
=[5-1(daze)=4] You grab a random piece of underwear from the still-open stockpile and put it on. It's a rather unfashionable pair of purple stretchy shorts.

Kashyyk: I learn Karate
=[2-1(daze)=1] You attempt to do some karate-kicks, but slip, fall and hit your head on the rug. It cushions the impact, but not enough for this magnitude.
Roll to avoid head trauma:[3] Your head hurts like hell. You are still dazed.

Frelock: I meditate in order to clear my mind of distractions and increase my perception of the world around me.
=[2] Try as you might, nothing new seems to be coming into your head. The fact that you were caught in the world-shift during your attempt didn't help.

korora: I strike a pose near (but not TOO near) pedestal IV and try to prepare myself as best I can for whatever may appear.
=[6-2(unconscious)=4] You stand firmly near the pedestal IV, looking intently at it. A split second before the world exploded into multicolored rainbow vomit, you noticed the pedestal glow green, and a vague rounded L-shaped shadow appeared above it.

LASD: I wear my suit and top hat, for I am a gentleman
=[5] You wear your suit and top hat. You figure out a way to wear the suit in such a way that the materials it is made of cannot be discerned by an untrained eye. (+1 charisma bonus to persuading someone to do a nonviolent act)

------
Status after turn 2:
Boksi: Standing upright. Naked. Approx. four meters tall. (+1 to-hit bonus to any attacking creature) Slowly returning to normal height.
LASD: Standing upright. Wearing underwear, and a very nice-looking white/yellow/pink suit, with a top hat, all made of underwear. (+1 to persuading an NPC to do a nonviolent action)
Gantolandon: Standing upright. Naked. Dazed. Holding a shred of underwear cloth and a paperclip.
chaoticag: Standing upright. Wearing underwear. Head hurts, nose bleeding, can barely hear things (-1 to dodge something not seen)
Frelock: Sitting on the rug-covered floor. Wearing underwear. Slightly improved agility (no bonus until further improvement).
andrea: Standing upright. Wearing underwear. Can order any touched object to explode in his direction.
korora: Flat on the floor. Wearing underwear, and a pink bra on the head.
Kashyyk: Kneeling on the rug-covered floor. Wearing underwear. Can cause any living being in immediate vicinity to attack him with utmost brutality. Head hurts like hell. Dazed. (-1 until next action resolved)
Rooster: Flat on the floor. Wearing underwear. Doesn't know who he is, and calls himself Red. Head hurts due to light brain damage. (-1 to actions involving intelligence, wit, or concentration)
Jay Kayell: Standing upright. Wearing purple stretchy shorts. Underwear-powered (underpowered?) contraption on right arm (+1 to strength actions with the arm). Slightly bruised shoulder.

Environment: Second floor of what seems to be a tavern made of wood. Some tables and chairs around, a door leading outside is on the first floor. The vomit-green rug is on the floor, and the wooden wall right next to you is overlaid with the dark metal from the cube. On the dark metal section, there is the control panel, now dim, with a pulsing yellow button "IV". The quantum stockpile of underwear is still open.
----------------------
If anyone didn't yet understand what kind of game this is....  this is the first clue. I say again, some things will not be possible. If you get a 5 but still don't achieve what you wanted, it's an indication of that. Choose actions accordingly.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 03:11:39 am by Sean Mirrsen »

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2008, 02:39:19 pm »

I attempt to punch and climb my way to the roof of the tavern.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2008, 02:45:27 pm »

I do the opposite, I head downstairs, trying to look impressive in my newly aquired purple shorts.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2008, 02:47:05 pm »

Btw, how do you people like the setting I made? I swear, I did not plan to start with a DF situation, it was listed in the selected worlds as number four. Which is why I asked Rooster if he was psychic. :)

I know the most basic purpose of the game is to have fun, but permadeath is here for a reason, and each place holds a challenge and a mortal danger, usually unseen at first.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2008, 02:49:43 pm »

The setting is awesome so far ;D

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2008, 02:54:39 pm »

Fascinating.

Also, four has been determined to be the standard random dice roll as determined by some high-authority science association.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2008, 02:57:00 pm »

Btw, how do you people like the setting I made?

You're asking a man whose favorite RPG setting is Planescape. Multiple worlds? HELL YES! :>

Great. A tavern. That means BEWERAGES. Definitely something that a runaway from a strange cube would crave. I'm looking for something which has C2H5OH inside.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2008, 02:57:39 pm »

Gah. I forgot the background roll again. It's still a [2], but I gotta remember my own rules...

Just in case, I ask the players to read the turn post again. I managed to slip a few hints into your rolls, related to the task.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 03:11:26 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2008, 03:24:12 pm »

Because Boksi just jumped around like an idiot (and failed in that too), I decide to make him do something useful and try to convince him to go through the birchen floor to the first floor of the tavern. (It might be dangerous.)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 03:26:24 pm by LASD »

korora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2008, 03:24:41 pm »

I likewise head downstairs.
DFPaint, a cross-platform 'screenbuilder' utility
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 409