Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404105 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Multiworld Madness Turn 177! In which the team finds another transport...
« Reply #5955 on: September 04, 2010, 10:11:00 am »

Heh. If there's one thing that likens this RTD to Dwarf Fortress, it's the similarity of the definition of "once complete". :P

Btw, I'm starting a sort of a proper character profile thing for the game.

For example, this is a picture of Boksi, taken through a state-of-the-art prototype Sony Invisivision camera, shortly before he smashed it.

edit: hm, a little too dark without proper coloring. Alright, let's see if I can add some.
edit2: done.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 12:34:29 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Multiworld Madness Turn 177! In which the team finds another transport...
« Reply #5956 on: September 04, 2010, 11:42:13 am »

Wait, what's that axe?
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5957 on: September 04, 2010, 12:09:36 pm »

His halberd. Haft of darkness, head of flames. Darkfire halberd.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5958 on: September 04, 2010, 12:11:00 pm »

Oh. I thought a halberd was the sort of sword Meta Knight uses in SSBB.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5959 on: September 04, 2010, 12:18:45 pm »

Oh. I thought a halberd was the sort of sword Meta Knight uses in SSBB.
NAh. A halberd is a combination polearm and axe. Hard to use, but a very effective weapon. Metakight's ship is called the Halberd, so I can see why you were confused.(his sword is called galaxia)

Technically that picture doesn't qualify as a halberd though. It has to has a spear point on top. Ex:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
/nitpick
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5960 on: September 04, 2010, 12:34:06 pm »

Yes, this here is technically a poleaxe. It still has a sharp tip for stabbing though. So, meh. I like the design. :)

Btw, who else remembered that Boksi still wears a full helm shaped like an anvil?

Also, god that coloring looks awful. Especially compared to some other character images I made. Refurbishment time! :D

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5961 on: September 07, 2010, 11:29:28 pm »

Alright, no sense waiting for those two any longer.

The pictures this turn are only 3. I couldn't draw what I wanted for the fourth one, so left just those I managed. Apologies in advance for silly attempts at humor. :)
------------      
Turn 178      
------------      
Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
------------      
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)
----------------      
Wayside V, temporary camp some distance north of Andrea's Furnace      

Having dealt with the last Elemental, the group relaxes a little. Korora looks on with interest as Jay Kayell examines the guy he's just blinded, and shakes his head disappointedly.    

"Nah, this one won't do."   
   "Well, you shouldn't have cooked him so much if you prefer him rare."   
   "Oh, ha ha. Keep it up and you'll blow a humor circuit."   
   "Well, if it's the armor you want, that one over there is just a little shot up."   

They walk over to the other clanner together, and Jay gives him a look-over as well.   

"Now this one looks workable. Can you help me get 'im out?"   
   "Sure thing. I'm not really into undressing my action figures though."   
   "Dammit Korora, I thought turning into a machine should have a different effect on one's personality."   
   "What, you'd prefer if I acted more KILL ALL HUMANS -like?"   
   "...   Actually, forget I said anything. Let's just drag this dead meat out of his armor."   
   "Affirmative. Hm, I should've built an artifact Swiss Army Knife instead. Could really use a can opener here..."   

While the two are at it, Janna remains at the unconscious Elemental's side, and decides to vent her anger on the helpless opponent. She kicks and pummels the Elemental repeatedly, dimly aware that she's not actually doing any harm to the battle armor but going on nevertheless. She keeps at it until the Elemental suddenly jerks up, screaming in pain and rolling over onto his face, flailing his limbs wildly. He seems completely incapacitated, unable of coherent actions at the moment, but Janna still takes a few steps back - even devoid of jets and weapons, that armor could pack a mean punch if it ever landed a hit. Nearby, Frelock decides to lift off, not intent on hearing the bloodcurling screams any longer than strictly necessary, and heads north. He clearly sees Rooster and the giant bat in the sky, converging on something that could very well provide the distraction he needed so much.   

Both the Giant Bat and Rooster circled above the clan mechwarrior, unable to decide how to act. Neither the clanner nor Kashyyk have moved a muscle since one discovered the other, resulting in a very odd situation that even threw Neo off his stride when he finally approached. The clan pilot only briefly glanced at Neo, but quickly set his eyes on Kashyyk again. It almost looked like the two were trying to stare each other into submission. Someone had to break the stalemate up. And Rooster did.   
   Flapping his wings wildly, Rooster accelerates towards the clanner! But, instead of coming down on him with a literal flying kick, Rooster suddenly loses control in midair and comically tumbles to the ground, landing straight between Kashyyk and the pilot. When he looks up again, neither of them moved still. Only Neo grinned openly.   

"Well, birdey man, ye suure know how ta make a landin' o' yeself. Check 'em out, still not movin' an inch. They paralyzed or somethin'?"   

Suddenly, Frelock descends behind the clanner in his force bubble, one hand open towards the clanner, the other firmly pressed against his head. "No. Not both. Just he." With a little strain visible on his facial muscles, Frelock sends another command, and the clanner immediately drops his whip and lies down. Neo is impressed. "Well now, ain't that a handy trick. Next thing ye know, ye'll be pushin' up starfighters and deflectin' lasers blindfolded. Now can ye make the other guy move? His mannequin act's creepin' me out."   

Back at the "camp", or what could be considered one, Qwer'Ty still lies on the ground, too tired to move - but not too tired to think. Suddenly a concerned face looms over the sky. Upon closer inspection, LASD's face.   

"Need help?"   
   "No. Not really. Unless you can think up thirty-six more ways to use this here reactor for beneficial purposes."   
   "You thought up thirty-six ways of using this thing?"   
   "No, I thought up sixty-four ways. If you think up thirty-six more, it'll be a whole hundred."   
   "Well... you could... uh... power something with it?"   
   "Nice. That's number two on my list."   
   "Huh. You, uh, could maybe hook it up to something so it overheats, and leave it in the middle of the enemy base. Howsat?"   
   "That's number one."   
   "Damn. Well, what more could you do with it?"   
   "Dry clothes. Mold soft metals. Use as decoy for heatseeking missiles. Use as counterweight for a giant trebuchet. Use as ammo for an even more giant trebuchet. Cook pizza. The sky's the limit, man."   
   "Heh. How about a warm seat for Korora?"   
   "And that's sixty-five! One hundred or bust, we're making it happen!"   
------------      
Background:   [3]: Through a combination of incredible effort of will and (no doubt) divine intervention, Zako suddenly finds that he is in complete control of his body. Extremely so, as he finds that his body will no longer regenerate on its own. While this may still have some severe repercussions for him later, at the moment he is very happy to have achieved what he did.

With Korora's help, Jay Kayell succeeds in putting on the Elemental armor. To his surprise, the armor eagerly accepts him and he's able to control it with no problems once he's able to get comfortable with the coating of various bodily fluids on the armor's inside. Developing the armor's full potential could take some time, but even as it is it'll prove very useful.

There were no more events of interest this turn.   
------------      
Environment:   Noon. Thin clouds partially obscure the sun. The wind is faint and cool.   
------------      
Spoiler: Free items (click to show/hide)
------------      
Artifacts:      
Spoiler: The Ashcraver (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The GIMA (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rad-Man (click to show/hide)
---------      
Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)
---------      
Vehicles:      
Spoiler: Wolf Trap (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Heavy Cargo Hauler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fire Moth (click to show/hide)

------------      
Character Status:      
Quote from: Boksi
   Near the temporary camp area.   
Health:   Unharmed.   
State:   Standing. Minor pain. Feeling of Emptiness(-1 all ring power use).   
Equipment:   Darkfire halberd (right hand), backpack, Steel full helm, Karl Moebius armor jacket, jean shorts, underwear.   
Spoiler: Inventory: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Abilities: (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Korora
   Near the temporary camp area.   
Health:   Face slightly scraped. (Strengthened Structure destroyed on left torso side)   
State:   Standing, Fine.   
Equipment:   The Ashcraver(right hand), 2x Ultra AC/2 Autocannon, 2x LRM-10 rack.   
Quote from: Frelock
   Near the Ebon Jaguar.   
Health:   Skin severely broken up.   
State:   Standing. Mentally controlling Clanner Pilot. Protected by TK Bubble.   
Equipment:   Shortbow (body), plant vine necklace, backpack, silk robe, leather sandals.   

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5962 on: September 07, 2010, 11:30:52 pm »

Quote from: Kashyyk
   Out in the field.   
Health:   Undamaged.   
Equipment:   None.   
Quote from: Rooster
   Out in the field.   
Health:   Slightly bruised.   
State:   On the ground, Fine.   
Equipment:   Studded leather armor.   
Quote from: LASD
   In the field near the remains of the Ebon Jaguar.   
Health:   Bruised, battered, minor burns, numerous minor lacerations. Small scars in places. Minor bleeding.   
Equipment:   Aluminium Riot shield (left hand), Rad-Man (right hand), Iron chain cuirass, Iron chain gloves, Iron chain greaves, Iron low boots, Handmade suit, underwear.   
Quote from: Jay Kayell
   Out in the field.   
State:   Standing. Pain in the (left) butt. (subsided for now)   
Equipment:   Elemental Battle Armor, backpack, plate cuirass, infantry armor vest, warm clothes, warm boots, white shorts.   
Quote from: Zako
   Out in the field near the Ebon Jaguar.   
Health:   No injuries.   
State:   Standing, In mild pain.   
Quote from: Neo1096
   Out in the field.   
Health:   Bruised and scratched, light wounds on left leg and right shoulder. Hastily bandaged gash on the back of the head. Minor bleeding.   
Equipment:   Heavy Laser Handgun (right hand), Gnarled steel staff (left hand), Backpack, infantry armor vest, cloth jacket with pockets, underwear.   
Quote from: Qwertyuiopas
   Near the Hauler.   
State:   On the ground, Tired (-1 physical actions)   
Equipment:   MRE pack (right hand), flashlight (left hand), warm clothing, warm boots.   
NPC Status:      
Quote from: Giant bat 1
   Flying above the field.   
State:   Flying, fine.   
Quote from: Simon "Jackhammer" Williams
   Near the Hauler.   
Health:   Dead. Upper body hideously mangled, large part of the head missing.   
State:   Dead, as per the above.   
Equipment:   Heavy Infantry Machinegun (both hands), Infantry Flamer (on back), Frag Grenades (on belt), military backpack, Heavy Trooper Suit, Heavy Trooper Helmet, Heavy Boots.   
Quote from: Janna "Redline" Ryzhova
   Near the Hauler.   
Health:   Scarred all over. Minor burns, bruises.    
State:   Standing, Mild pain.   
Equipment:   Heavy Infantry Machinegun (back), Vibroblade Longsword (right hand), small backpack, Flak Jacket, Tool Belt, Warm clothing, Warm boots.   

Enemy Status:      
Quote from: Clanner Pilot
   Out in the field.   
Health:   Bruised and scratched, broken nose, some missing teeth.   
State:   On the ground, Controlled (Frelock)   
Equipment:   Shorts   

Quote from: Clanner Elemental 1
Health:   Dead, neatly cloven into two.   
State:   Dead.   
Equipment:   Claw, SRM-2 x2, Small Pulse Laser, Jump Jets.   
Quote from: Clanner Elemental 2
Health:   Face burned, eyes burned.   
State:   On the ground, blind (-2 accuracy, -2 dodge)   
Equipment:   Claw, Small Pulse Laser(destroyed), Jump Jets(destroyed).   
Quote from: Clanner Elemental 3
Health:   Dead.   
State:   On the ground, Dead.   
Equipment:   Casual clothing   
=========================

Do watch out for errors, the turn was mostly made during past-midnight hours.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Multiworld Madness Turn 178! Last time he got one, it went berserk...
« Reply #5963 on: September 08, 2010, 03:16:30 am »

A fun gift to give to a civilisation with no knowledge of nuclear power.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5964 on: September 08, 2010, 03:32:12 am »

Sweeeet. That will come in handy.

Tell everyone to look away then shapeshift into snake form. Then fly high enough to see the incoming craft and how far away it is.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5965 on: September 08, 2010, 03:38:05 am »

A homing beacon.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5966 on: September 08, 2010, 03:43:23 am »

Zako, you lost involuntary shapeshifting, as well as voluntary shapeshifting. You wanted extreme control, you got it.

Also: Flood barrier. :) New forum game!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 03:45:08 am by Sean Mirrsen »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5967 on: September 08, 2010, 05:50:07 am »

Eh whatever. It's a negative, but I'll manage.

Improve my control over air by practicing fine motions with it.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5968 on: September 08, 2010, 11:16:56 am »

Try to mentally interrogate the clanner pilot
All generalizations are false....including this one.

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5969 on: September 08, 2010, 02:58:31 pm »

I practice my focus by focusing on what I can hear so we won't be surprised if anything happens.
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 409