Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404145 times)

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile

An Acer? Well, good luck. Acers are somewhat notorious for being finnicky. Good thing that its better though :).
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Depends on what you mean by "finnicky". If you mean "frustrating to find hardware drivers for", then yes. Thankfully, I'm past that part for now. In any case, it can't be worse than my old laptop, which isn't working at all. Interestingly, I observed the "critical warranty failure" effect in action with that thing. Its screen went kaput something like days before the warranty expired, and then it broke completely something like a month or two later. Acer has two years "service life" as well, let's see if it lasts that long. I still can't quite get over the fact that the thing feels thinner than the Asus. I mean, sure, there're things like Apple's "Air" around, but this thing's the closest I ever had to a powerhouse, and it's more compact... is three years really so much time for computer technology?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile

To a degree, yes, unfortunately for gamer's pocketbooks. There's a reason consoles are popular. Its cause they're cheaper. And by finnicky, I meant the ones me and my friends have had experience with are both more expensive per hardware than brands like ASUS, and more prone to small hardware errors that can be worked around, with effort.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know about being "more expensive", I got the feeling that everything that isn't SONY or HP is reasonably priced per hardware involved.

As for notoriety - we'll see, I guess. Small hardware errors are always frustrating. On the other hand, RoverPCs are notorious for bad assembly quality, glitchy software, and awful service. While I had no encounter with the service (too late now), my RoverPC communicator worked fine throughout its life, until I broke its USB charger jack accidentally.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile

Bad for pocket books because you have to keep updating your hardware, Sean.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

How's the new laptop Sean?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The laptop is fine. Me, not so much. Remember what I said about a karmic brick? I didn't get hit by one quite yet, but I'm getting mighty tired dodging bits and pieces. I don't remember installing point defences, so I suppose the thing just fell apart on reentry. In other words, I'm loaded with work and it rather kills my inspiration. At least I can get a breather when I'm on the dacha now, with most of the most aggravating tasks complete (finally installed a proper toilet, heheh).

That said, I just completed the main text for the turn. Expect the whole thing in about an hour.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
RTD - Multiworld Madness Turn 175! Red heat, green heat.
« Reply #5872 on: July 04, 2010, 02:17:29 am »

Make that half an hour. Ah, how easy it is to work when nothing is distracting you...

------------      
Turn 175      
------------      
Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
------------      
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)
----------------      
Wayside V, temporary camp some distance north of "Andrea's Furnace".      

"Korora-ora-ora-ora!!"      

With a mighty cry, Korora lunged towards the nearest Elemental, swinging the Ashcraver down onto the head of the battle armor! A split second's reaction saved the clanner from being split himself, as he instinctively fired his jumpjets to get him away from two powerful melee attacks. Still not quite seeing true, the Elemental sweeped his laser across the ground under him, hitting only Boksi, who again remained unharmed and even found enough time to wonder. "Korora-ora-ora? Where'd you get that?" The samurai mecha formed his face into a faint semblance of a smile. "Some of Kashyyk's Japanese must've rubbed off on me."   

Without warning, a pair of missiles struck the ground near Korora, spraying his side with hot fragments. As he turned to face his enemy, a laser beam struck him clear into the chestplate, sending sparks flying. When the sparks are gone, the chestplate is untouched, save a tiny scorchmark right under the glowing swords. Korora is unimpressed by the second Elemental's display of firepower. "That all you got?" Suddenly, bullets ripped through the air right above Korora's head, followed by the characteristic rhythmic thumping of a heavy machinegun.    

"F**king die already!"      

Holding the unwieldy weapon as well as she could, Janna sprayed the flying Elemental with lead, punching deep dents in the battle armor before finally striking its damaged visor plate, destroying it completely. Shocked and left without a proper feedback display, the clanner lost control and crashed his armor into the ground. Janna lowered the smoking .50cal and struck a victorious pose. "Yes! Take that, clan-bred scum!" A little too shocked for a proper responce, Korora only manages to say "Nice aiming" to Janna, before turning his attention back to the far-away enemy.   

Meanwhile, on the sidelines...      

"Hey! Get away from there! Get.. aah! Get down!"      

It took Qwer'Ty a moment to understand what LASD was attempting to do with the Fusion Engine, and it very nearly cost everyone their lives. Seeing him approach the power output lines with his shiny artifact, Qwer'Ty thought that LASD wouldn't actually be stupid enough to just shove the thing in and hope for the best. LASD, however, was far beyond that. He actually tried to activate the artifact as it was being plugged into the multimegawatt nuclear powerplant, for reasons he didn't really care to properly formulate. The result was twofold. On one hand, the Rad-Man charged completely, dumping excess energy into a massive flare of cosmic radiation that engulfed a narrow strip of (thankfully) already dead wasteland. On the other hand, the reactor, faced with a device capable of theoretically unlimited power throughput, happily obliged to rev itself up to well beyond its safe limits, and Multiverse knows what would've happened if Qwer'Ty didn't abandon his attempts to grow an extra appendage and didn't throw LASD and the Rad-Man away from the engine with a masterfully executed full body tackle. At first, LASD was not amused.   

"What's the big idea, man?! Ah.. oh shit.."      

Right behind them, the Fusion Engine already began to glow red-hot, and with no heatsinks to cool it, it'd probably stay this way for some time. The ominous hum from within the machine has already subsided as the safety mechanisms did their job, stopping the reactor before a containment breach could occur. Qwer'Ty and LASD remain still for a moment. When it's clear that no catastrophic explosion is about to occur, they get up and look around to see if any damage was done. Thankfully, no living thing was caught in the outburst of radiation.. that is, if you don't count an iron golem as living. Empowered by cosmic rays, the pile of debris that was once Kashyyk glows faintly green, but shows no other signs of activity. Then, suddenly..   

"RAAAAAAGH!! Kashyyk SMASH!!"      

In a single burst of power, Kashyyk comes to his senses and reassembles himself! Leaping to his feet, he is beside himself with rage, the green tint of radioactive glow giving him a particularly fearsome appearance.   

"Kashyyk HATE puny clanners! Kashyyk SMASH puny clanners!! RAAAAAAGH!"      
------------      
Background:   [6] All of you are fairly observant this time, but there's still not much worth looking at. Neo, Frelock, Jay Kayell and Zako collectively failed to do anything meaningful whatsoever, while Rooster got some flying practice. The downed Elemental isn't down for good yet, he can fight even without the visor screen.   
------------      
Environment:   Noon. Thin clouds partially obscure the sun. The wind is faint and cool.   
------------      
Spoiler: Free items (click to show/hide)
------------      
Artifacts:      
Spoiler: The Ashcraver (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The GIMA (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rad-Man (click to show/hide)
---------      
Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)
---------      
Vehicles:      
Spoiler: Wolf Trap (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Heavy Cargo Hauler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fire Moth (click to show/hide)

------------      
Character Status:      
Quote from: Boksi
   Near the temporary camp area.   
Health:   Unharmed.   
State:   Standing. Feeling of Emptiness(-1 all ring power use).   
Equipment:   Darkfire halberd (right hand), backpack, Steel full helm, Karl Moebius armor jacket, jean shorts, underwear.   
Spoiler: Inventory: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Abilities: (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Korora
   Near the temporary camp area.   
Health:   Undamaged.   
State:   Standing, Fine.   
Equipment:   The Ashcraver(right hand), 2x Ultra AC/2 Autocannon, 2x LRM-10 rack.   
Quote from: Frelock
   Near the Ebon Jaguar.   
Health:   Skin severely broken up.   
State:   Standing. In mild pain. Protected by TK Bubble.   
Equipment:   Shortbow (body), plant vine necklace, backpack, silk robe, leather sandals.   

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Kashyyk
   Near the Ebon Jaguar.   
Health:   Undamaged.   
State:   Standing, Enraged(+1 phys.rolls, -1 phys.dodge), glowing faintly green.   
Equipment:   None.   
Quote from: Rooster
   Near the Hauler.   
State:   Flying, Fine.   
Equipment:   Studded leather armor.   
Quote from: LASD
   Near the Ebon Jaguar.   
Health:   Bruised, battered, minor burns, numerous minor lacerations. Small scars in places. Minor bleeding.   
State:   Standing.   
Equipment:   Aluminium Riot shield (left hand), Rad-Man (right hand), Iron chain cuirass, Iron chain gloves, Iron chain greaves, Iron low boots, Handmade suit, underwear.   
Quote from: Jay Kayell
   Near the Fire Moth.   
State:   Prone. Pain in the (left) butt. (subsided for now)   
Equipment:   Heavy laser pistol (right hand), Backpack, plate cuirass, infantry armor vest, warm clothes, warm boots, white shorts.   
Quote from: Zako
   Out in the field near the Ebon Jaguar.   
Health:   No injuries.   
State:   Standing, In mild pain.   
Quote from: Neo1096
   Out in the field.   
Health:   Bruised and scratched, light wounds on left leg and right shoulder. Hastily bandaged gash on the back of the head. Minor bleeding.   
Equipment:   Heavy Laser Handgun (right hand), Gnarled steel staff (left hand), Backpack, infantry armor vest, cloth jacket with pockets, underwear.   
Quote from: Qwertyuiopas
   Near the Hauler.   
State:   Standing. Fine.   
Equipment:   MRE pack (right hand), flashlight (left hand), warm clothing, warm boots.   
NPC Status:      
Quote from: Giant bat 1
   Flying above Boksi.   
State:   Flying, fine, waiting for orders.   
Quote from: Simon "Jackhammer" Williams
   Near the Hauler.   
Health:   Dead. Upper body hideously mangled, large part of the head missing.   
State:   Dead, as per the above.   
Equipment:   Heavy Infantry Machinegun (both hands), Infantry Flamer (on back), Frag Grenades (on belt), military backpack, Heavy Trooper Suit, Heavy Trooper Helmet, Heavy Boots.   
Quote from: Janna "Redline" Ryzhova
   Near the Hauler.   
Health:   Scarred all over. Minor burns, bruises.    
State:   Prone, Mild pain.   
Equipment:   Vibroblade Longsword (right hand), small backpack, Flak Jacket, Tool Belt, Warm clothing, Warm boots.   

Enemy Status:      
Quote from: Clanner Pilot
   Location unknown.   
Health:   Last known: Bruised and scratched, broken nose, some missing teeth, light bleeding.   
State:   Unknown.   
Equipment:   Presumed: Cooling jacket, casual clothing, laser pistol, whip.   

Quote from: Clanner Mech 1
Health:   Severely damaged   
Equipment:   Unknown   
Quote from: Clanner Mech 2
Health:   Severely damaged   
Equipment:   Unknown   
Quote from: Clan Ebon Jaguar Mech
Health:   Mostly disassembled. Irrepairable.   

Quote from: Clanner Elemental 1
Health:   Dead, neatly cloven into two.   
State:   Dead.   
Equipment:   Claw, SRM-2 x2, Small Pulse Laser, Jump Jets.   
Quote from: Clanner Elemental 2
Health:   Face singed. Visor destroyed: -1 all ranged accuracy.   
State:   On the ground, stunned, in pain.   
Quote from: Clanner Elemental 1

================================
I'd really like to get the turns out faster, but this is just how things currently are. If anyone wants a go at guest-GMing, I can give you the opportunity.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam

Har har. You know, it makes me want to do a gif of someone throwing a 20-plank barrel, which stops and the top side shows "20". You know, barrel roll.

Do Want?

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Multiworld Madness Turn 175! Red heat, green heat.
« Reply #5875 on: July 04, 2010, 09:46:14 am »

We turned an iron golem into the Hulk. WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE?!

Oh wait, I answered my own question before asking it >_>
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5876 on: July 04, 2010, 10:17:15 am »

Lol. At least I'm not in little pieces now!

First: I'm going to search the area for that missing clanner, it was probably him that caused the elementals to turn up.
Second: When I find him, I'm going to teach him not to call his friends out on us.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5877 on: July 04, 2010, 11:11:34 am »

We turned an iron golem into the Hulk. WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE?!

Oh wait, I answered my own question before asking it >_>
Action, Boksi?

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #5878 on: July 04, 2010, 12:27:34 pm »

Pfft. Actions. Who needs 'em? I'm gonna be inactive this turn. Not moving an inch. Just sit down and think about nothing.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5879 on: July 04, 2010, 03:24:04 pm »

Pfft. Actions. Who needs 'em? I'm gonna be inactive this turn. Not moving an inch. Just sit down and think about nothing.
Staring into the void again huh?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 409