Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404192 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.

Hmm... What can I do?
Don't have anything especially useful, world isn't very open to accuiring special powers...
No quantum events to study, and I don't want to risk creating one... again...
Don't want to go the way of Rooster or Zako... Or do I? It might lead down the path of power, or at least combat effectiveness...
But random mutations are just that. Random.
Must start somewhere. Must keep it controlled...

>Experimentally try to grow an extra arm. Stop if something goes wrong.
Eh?
Eh!

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Experimentally try to grow an extra arm. Stop if something goes wrong.

Considering the history of this RTD that has to be one of the more amusing things anyone has said.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm... What can I do?
Don't have anything especially useful, world isn't very open to accuiring special powers...
No quantum events to study, and I don't want to risk creating one... again...
Don't want to go the way of Rooster or Zako... Or do I? It might lead down the path of power, or at least combat effectiveness...
But random mutations are just that. Random.
Must start somewhere. Must keep it controlled...

>Experimentally try to grow an extra arm. Stop if something goes wrong.

I suggest you attempt to make some sort of contraption from the wrecked vehicle and mechs. We've already got two mutators, let's have some variety! Someone made power armor from underpants in the first few turns, so why not?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 09:54:57 pm by Schilcote »
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Lets make underpants out of power armour!!!"
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Bah, I need more control over this stuff. Nice slice by the way korora.

Get my regeneration under control and blast grit into the sensors of the blinded elemental.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

As to your artwork, Sean, it's 6.02E24 times better than anything I could ever do.  However, it looks like a sketch, unfinished, at least with the human figures.  The mechs look absolutely brilliant.
Well, that's kinda the problem of mine. I more or less specialize in machinery. Drawing people is something I've only begun to master. (And drawing human faces is still something I don't quite grasp)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

I'm guessing im the one being helped by boksi?

anyway, since my uncosciousness is pissing me off now, I will devote all my effort to waking up.

Mangled

• Bay Watcher
  • Sleep is for the weak.
    • View Profile

Judging by how things have been going I'd guess that the key is probably going to come to you guys through power of plot just to speed things up  :P

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

well, yeh with 14 of us, we are bound to have something go wrong EVERY TURN. We do not do traveling.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There aren't 14 of you in one group, there's just the, uh.. what, eleven? Ten main players, plus one major NPC. Plus bat. One dead, one uncertain, one hell knows where. Still, I guess it's more than enough to get at least one overshot and one epic fail at least once a turn.

And yes, Kashyyk, that be you on the picture.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile

I use my nightmare fuel ability on the enemies.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep, I remain in my plan to supercharge the Rad-Man with the reactor.

Also Sean, you can write my name as Lasd in the narrative if you want to, lately it has started bothering me how much it jumps out. Naturally I should've thought of this yonks ago, but better late than never, I guess.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I bet Andrea has the key. It would make the storytelling much easier, since noone can get anywhere.

Or perhaps we should have a small party proceed to the other camp where the key is suspected to be? Lemme calculate...

With 11 characters, the party has a 1/3 probability of failing to do anything that requires group cooperation.

With only three, the probability is 6/18, or... 1/3...
Wait a second.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 03:11:16 pm by Schilcote »
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep, I remain in my plan to supercharge the Rad-Man with the reactor.

Also Sean, you can write my name as Lasd in the narrative if you want to, lately it has started bothering me how much it jumps out. Naturally I should've thought of this yonks ago, but better late than never, I guess.
Heh, I noticed that too. But really, it's none the worse for spelling, and who knows, maybe your character really prefers his name always written in caps?

Also, Shilcote, something's wrong with your maths. :)

And now I'm only waiting for Boksi.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 03:51:28 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, Shilcote, something's wrong with your maths. :)

Yeah, I was never too good with math. Also, it's Schilcote. I get annoyed when my name is misspelled.

But anyway, it's obvious that there's a higher chance of getting there if less people try. Except... what happens if everyone uses the assistance rules to OR (or average, I dunno) the rolls instead of AND all of them?
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 409