Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404203 times)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Multiworld Madness Turn 173. Welcome back, the Jolly Steel Giant!
« Reply #5805 on: June 09, 2010, 06:17:25 pm »

Unless you plan on starting out like that, I guess it's possible to achieve. You would only start as a human, Mii'Ari, or Dolean though, so unless you manage some kind of quantum leap, you won't become a Stephinian.

Ehh... Sure you can't change that rule? Seems a bit arbitrary...

EDIT:

If not, can I trade in my Fate Point? Of course, if I did that, I'd need to come up with racial bonuses and such. Wasting useful items for useless ones is one of the ultimate illogics.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 06:19:06 pm by Schilcote »
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5806 on: June 10, 2010, 01:21:22 am »

Unfortunately, no, not even with a Fate Point (which would be required to change the race from the bonusless Human anyway).

However, now that I reread the background, the Stephinians are fairly close to the Multiworlds canon race "Ta-Once". Since stefinians are basically cybernetic Ancients on steroids (literally), well, so are the Ta-Once, minus the steroids. They are closely related to Doleans, or at least were, but where the Doleans used technology all around them and improved their bodies through genetic engineering, the Ta-Once skipped the middle man and plugged nanotech straight into their bodies, building up their physical strength and gaining other features and abilities. In game terms they'd get +2 strength, +1 endurance, a choice of eye spectrum perceptiveness expansion (infrared, usually), and a weakness to electrical pulses and Psionics. I can also allow cybernetic upgrades (weapons, armor, what-have-you), but that will be another fate point.

I suppose it's theoretically possible to plug you in as one, but they're also enemies of the human-mii'ari-dolean alliance, along with the H'ragha-erg. It'd be quite strange to have one in this campaign. If you agree to a Ta-Once, I'll mark you down for a possible alternative, but your playing slot has to come up first, and I suppose we'll be able to sort it out by then. So, will you go on the waiting list?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5807 on: June 10, 2010, 01:25:01 am »

Hey sean, where id you're universe come from, I've sorta looked for it.
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5808 on: June 10, 2010, 01:28:43 am »

I kinda made it up. I've been making it up for several years now, though largely off the internet. It could make a nice story, but I need some decent writing skills and a well-stocked dictionary first. So, I'm running this.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5809 on: June 10, 2010, 01:47:23 am »

I don't suppose that there are any gaseous creatures, being a sentient cloud would be awesome!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5810 on: June 10, 2010, 02:01:25 am »

Not in the canon. I can (much later) run a post-war campaign, now that might have all kinds of weird stuff.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5811 on: June 10, 2010, 05:14:04 am »

So, will you go on the waiting list?

Nah, not really. I just had a character I wanted to use.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #5812 on: June 11, 2010, 01:44:41 am »

How incredibly... well, I dunno what to call it. Rude, maybe? Dunno. Ah well. Tired never helps the brain.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5813 on: June 11, 2010, 06:35:02 am »

How incredibly... well, I dunno what to call it. Rude, maybe? Dunno. Ah well. Tired never helps the brain.

I don't think so... I just felt like using the character for something, and I sort of wanted to join...

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5814 on: June 11, 2010, 08:10:24 am »

I don't think I'll ever get into this.

Still, I'm quite entertained by the whole thing :D
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5815 on: June 11, 2010, 01:32:34 pm »

Yeah, it might take a while.

I've got some rolls done, and in the meantime, I drew this:

Also, this:
Spoiler: "Slice" of next turn (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 01:36:00 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5816 on: June 15, 2010, 05:25:12 pm »

Wow, why the sudden burst of activity since my last post?

Alright, I can understand how looking at (even pretty) pictures is less fun than another turn, but come on! :)

Anyway, to give you something else to talk about... turn!

------------      
Turn 174      
------------      
Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
------------      
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)
----------------      
Wayside V, temporary camp some distance north of "Andrea's Furnace".      

- Damn, this guy's a mess!      
- You're telling me? I can't even tell if that piece is a knee or an elbow!      
- I think it's a shoulder...      
- I'm holding the shoulder, I need an elbow!

The efforts of Frelock and LASD continued fruitlessly for some time, as the damage to Kashyyk's body turned out to be much more significant. With some luck, they reassembled his broken face, but that was it. The rest of the missing body was extensively pulverized, to the point where individual pieces were impossible to tell apart. With their owner out cold, it was impossible to do much, so they did what they could, gathering as much of Kashyyk's fragments into one place as they could find. Hopefully, he'd be able to reassemble himself when he wakes up. Nearby, a muffled groan meant that at least someone else is having enough luck with that.   

- Ah, awake already?      
- Aye...yeah. No thanks to you...      
- How'd the guard duty go?

Frelock was merciless. Neo looked up at him, squinting against the sun, and got up.   

- Quite well. That guy's good. How'd he sneak up on me? I'll have to question him on that later.      
- Yeah, right.
Frelock frowned. If we have a "later". QWERTY! Stop messing with the potentially explosive nuclear device!      

In the distance, Qwer'Ty was on top of the discarded Fusion Engine, thoughtfully twisting a metal rod he'd stuck into its outer casing a minute prior. Hearing Frelock yell, he quickly abandoned his endeavor and jumped down.   

- Alright, alright! It's not like I'm trying to blow it up or anythin'... well, yet, anyway...      

Frelock shook his head. "Some people never change." Neo pointed him in another direction. "And some change all the time. Just look at them." Behind them, Rooster and Zako were twitching on the ground in somewhat symmetrical agony, each going through his own world of hurt as their bodies attempted to restructure themselves. It was, in its own sadistic way, fascinating.   

In the meantime, the other members of the team went about their own tasks. Korora teamed up with Boksi and his bat in searching for the escaped clanner, scanning the grounds north of the camp, towards the wreckages of the other clan 'mechs. Janna tried to salvage something from the remains of the hauler, with little luck after the raging flames have eaten everything that wasn't metal, and fused everything that was into an inseparable part of the hull. Jay Kayell was looking around for something, when suddenly his eyes opened wide and he hit the ground, yelling to others.   

- INCOMING!      

From the north, a spray of missiles flew in. They weren't targeting the camp, but their engines burned out right above the team's heads and they fell down like unguided bombs. Thankfully, Jay's warning was noticed, and people scattered for cover as the missiles exploded in rather large fireballs, hitting nothing but ground. In the direction from which the missiles came, Korora could be seen slashing away at a group of three large humanoids - large enough to reach Korora's waist, which, considering his height, was rather impressive. Janna instantly recognized the shapes of the attackers, highly skilled, specially bred Clan warriors piloting suits of advanced powered armor.   

- Oh, great. Elementals.      

And Elementals they were, equipped with jumpjets, lasers, missile launchers and armor-rending claws, all of which they used to the best of their capacity... except it didn't help. Their sudden discovery by Korora as they were formulating plans with the escaped clanner pilot has really thrown them off their stride, making their first batch of missiles go wide and miss the large, but surprisingly agile adversary by a wide margin. The point leader tried to close in and use his claw, but a powerful swing of the Ashcraver split his body into two, armor suit and all, not giving him enough time to even yell a curse at his killer. One spotted faint traces of Boksi through thermal sights and opened fire, but the laser beam harmlessly passed through Boksi's light-bending form and the Darkfire halberd struck the power armor straight into the visor plate, sending a crack down its surface and singeing the pilot's face with searing flame and temporarily blinding him. Korora was just about to dispatch the last suit when a weak laser beam struck his left leg from behind. Thinking it's the mech pilot, Korora spins around, but sees nothing except the camp. Another beam, this time missing everything by a mile, confirms his suspicion and affirms Jay Kayell's status as the worst sniper this side of the desert. By the time Korora turns around again, the Elemental he wanted to fight has decided to put some distance between himself and someone whose sword can cut power armor like butter. Looking around, Korora notices that the pilot they've been hunting has made himself scarce again.   

- Damn. The guy's got survival instinct.      
------------      
Background:   [3] Things of note this turn include the fact that Zako didn't change into anything, while Rooster managed to overcome his strip of bad luck and is now the proud bearer of a pair of nice wings. And a split tail. His nose is strange, too. Upon closer inspection, he appears to share some traits with a common cave swallow. The wings seem sufficient to provide lift, but the body had to make some adjistments to itself to reduce weight.   
------------      
Environment:   Noon. Thin clouds partially obscure the sun. The wind is faint and cool.   
------------      
Spoiler: Free items (click to show/hide)
------------      
Artifacts:      
Spoiler: The Ashcraver (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The GIMA (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rad-Man (click to show/hide)
---------      
Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)
---------      
Vehicles:      
Spoiler: Wolf Trap (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Heavy Cargo Hauler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fire Moth (click to show/hide)

------------      
Character Status:      
Quote from: Boksi
   Near the temporary camp area.   
Health:   Unharmed.   
State:   Standing. Feeling of Emptiness(-1 all ring power use).   
Equipment:   Darkfire halberd (right hand), backpack, Steel full helm, Karl Moebius armor jacket, jean shorts, underwear.   
Spoiler: Inventory: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Abilities: (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Korora
   Near the temporary camp area.   
Health:   Undamaged.   
State:   Standing, Fine.   
Equipment:   The Ashcraver(right hand), 2x Ultra AC/2 Autocannon, 2x LRM-10 rack.   
Quote from: Frelock
   Near the Ebon Jaguar.   
Health:   Skin severely broken up.   
State:   Standing. In mild pain. Protected by TK Bubble.   
Equipment:   Shortbow (body), plant vine necklace, backpack, silk robe, leather sandals.   
Quote from: Kashyyk
   Near the Ebon Jaguar.   
Health:   Broken up into pieces. Right upper/left lower legs, right arm, lower torso broken off.
State:   On the ground, in a pile of pieces, unconscious(-2).   
Equipment:   None.   
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 05:31:02 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5817 on: June 15, 2010, 05:30:05 pm »

Quote from: Rooster
   Near the Hauler.   
Equipment:   Studded leather armor.   
Quote from: LASD
   Near the Ebon Jaguar.   
Health:   Bruised, battered, minor burns, numerous minor lacerations. Small scars in places. Minor bleeding.   
State:   Standing.   
Equipment:   Aluminium Riot shield (left hand), Rad-Man (right hand), Iron chain cuirass, Iron chain gloves, Iron chain greaves, Iron low boots, Handmade suit, underwear.   
Quote from: Jay Kayell
   Near the Fire Moth.   
State:   Prone. Pain in the (left) butt. (subsided for now)   
Equipment:   Heavy laser pistol (right hand), Backpack, plate cuirass, infantry armor vest, warm clothes, warm boots, white shorts.   
Quote from: Zako
   Out in the field near the Ebon Jaguar.   
Health:   No injuries.   
State:   Standing, In pain (-1/-1).   
Quote from: Neo1096
   Out in the field.   
Health:   Bruised and scratched, light wounds on left leg and right shoulder. Hastily bandaged gash on the back of the head. Minor bleeding.   
Equipment:   Heavy Laser Handgun (right hand), Gnarled steel staff (left hand), Backpack, infantry armor vest, cloth jacket with pockets, underwear.   
Quote from: Qwertyuiopas
   Near the Hauler.   
State:   Standing. Fine.   
Equipment:   MRE pack (right hand), flashlight (left hand), warm clothing, warm boots.   
NPC Status:      
Quote from: Giant bat 1
   Flying above Boksi.   
State:   Flying, fine, waiting for orders.   
Quote from: Simon "Jackhammer" Williams
   Near the Hauler.   
Health:   Dead. Upper body hideously mangled, large part of the head missing.   
State:   Dead, as per the above.   
Equipment:   Heavy Infantry Machinegun (both hands), Infantry Flamer (on back), Frag Grenades (on belt), military backpack, Heavy Trooper Suit, Heavy Trooper Helmet, Heavy Boots.   
Quote from: Janna "Redline" Ryzhova
   Near the Hauler.   
Health:   Scarred all over. Minor burns, bruises.    
State:   Prone, Mild pain.   
Equipment:   Vibroblade Longsword (right hand), small backpack, Flak Jacket, Tool Belt, Warm clothing, Warm boots.   

Enemy Status:      
Quote from: Clanner Pilot
   Location unknown.   
Health:   Last known: Bruised and scratched, broken nose, some missing teeth, light bleeding.   
State:   Unknown.   
Equipment:   Presumed: Cooling jacket, casual clothing, laser pistol, whip.   

Quote from: Clanner Mech 1
Health:   Severely damaged   
Equipment:   Unknown   
Quote from: Clanner Mech 2
Health:   Severely damaged   
Equipment:   Unknown   
Quote from: Clan Ebon Jaguar Mech
Health:   Mostly disassembled. Irrepairable.   

Quote from: Clanner Elemental 1
Health:   Dead, neatly cloven into two.   
State:   Dead.   
Equipment:   Claw, SRM-2 x2, Small Pulse Laser, Jump Jets.   
Quote from: Clanner Elemental 2
Health:   Face singed.   
State:   Standing, Blind, in pain.   
Quote from: Clanner Elemental 1
================================
The turn wasn't proofread much, so watch out for those pesky errors. For the record, it's 2:22 AM here now, and that's after we got the switch to Moscow time (meaning it would've been 3:22 otherwise).

And now for something completely different. What could've happened if it wasn't for Elementals:

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5818 on: June 15, 2010, 05:32:22 pm »

I wish I could draw... It'd be nice to have some of the battle scenes that I plan to have in my RTD on paper.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile

If I can still see the elemental, I attempt to make a RC force bubble cage around him, to prevent him from escaping.

If not, work on mental hardening some more.

As to your artwork, Sean, it's 6.02E24 times better than anything I could ever do.  However, it looks like a sketch, unfinished, at least with the human figures.  The mechs look absolutely brilliant.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 07:21:35 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 409