Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404235 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Multiworld Madness Turn 171! GOT HIM!!! *BEEP* YEAH!!!
« Reply #5730 on: April 22, 2010, 07:09:02 pm »

Yay!

Too bad I'll never get on...

(lol suckup)
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Silencer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5731 on: April 24, 2010, 03:04:20 pm »

Reading through the thread, it's pretty awesome. Just got to page 130. :<
I'd like to see if I couldn't get into this iff it's still going on... I think it is? -looks around-

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5732 on: April 24, 2010, 06:21:02 pm »

Sean is busy. He'll be back.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Silencer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5733 on: April 24, 2010, 07:06:27 pm »

Sean is busy. He'll be back.

In the meantime, Dwarf Fortress and more reading of the thread... he might be back when I catch up. :D

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5734 on: May 01, 2010, 03:58:28 pm »

Bumpages and stuff.

I'll be going away for a week, starting tomorrow, and I won't have any internet access until I get back home.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5735 on: May 03, 2010, 03:57:57 pm »

Awesome!

Ok first: I Pull my pieces into one area, should be slighty easier than putting myself together.
Second: I pull myslf togethr, one piece at a time. I don't want to be deformed. We have too many of them in this group.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5736 on: May 03, 2010, 09:36:31 pm »

Awesome!

Ok first: I Pull my pieces into one area, should be slighty easier than putting myself together.
Second: I pull myslf togethr, one piece at a time. I don't want to be deformed. We have too many of them in this group.

Next time you go to some place with high technology, you should really get some nanites or something to do that for you.

You know, since you're made of metal, you could conceivably have extra limbs and such welded on to yourself... The "animation magic" that makes iron men/golems go might transfer to any metal that gets welded on...
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #5737 on: May 03, 2010, 09:45:12 pm »

Even if not, welding an array of sharp spike-plates across your body would be very impressive, and far more feasible than on a regular human who lacks the internal structural support and easy, stong, permanent attachment option.
Eh?
Eh!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5738 on: May 03, 2010, 10:17:03 pm »

far more feasible than on a regular human who lacks the internal structural support and easy, stong, permanent attachment option.
Plus, ya know, PAIN. Lots and lots of pain. Lets see you graft metal spikes to your skin.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5739 on: May 03, 2010, 11:05:45 pm »

far more feasible than on a regular human who lacks the internal structural support and easy, stong, permanent attachment option.
Plus, ya know, PAIN. Lots and lots of pain. Lets see you graft metal spikes to your skin.

That's why we have medical opiates.

Also, what do you think earrings and tongue studs are? Actually, there are people who have spikes surgically applied to their bodies.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5740 on: May 03, 2010, 11:10:05 pm »

...Really? I rescind my previous statement in light of greater insanity than I though possible!

That sounds like the result of a doctor in DF getting a fey mood: a dwarf that menaces with spikes.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5741 on: May 04, 2010, 12:56:43 pm »

I know I didn't want to post here without an update, but I just now realised something, after reading someone's signature on another forum. RTD:MM was my first real venture as a GM, the first RPG campaign I started... and by a string of coincidences, this campaign, for all its difference and uniqueness, started in the same way most, if not all, beginner GM's start theirs.

With a group of adventurers appearing in a tavern.

P.S. I've already got the turn summary(ies), just need the narrative(s) finished.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5742 on: May 04, 2010, 12:57:49 pm »

Nah, it started in a fricking cube, remember?

and then, the madness began.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5743 on: May 08, 2010, 06:16:36 pm »

A tavern would be a nice change of pace, though.  ;)
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5744 on: May 14, 2010, 12:07:42 pm »

I can't believe that for all the relative inactivity of mine, this thread still didn't drop to the back end of the forum. Ah well, easier to find it then.

This isn't the turn yet. I've yet to make that narrative and statuses. But I've finally gotten a little stroke of inspiration today at work, so these are the next turn's highlights, in sketch comic form. Not covered are two minor overshots, an NPC success, and the failures of the rest.

Be warned, some of the scenes (panel 5 especially, as well as panel 7) may disturb some people. They disturbed my mom, at least. Also, I couldn't think of a good scene for panel 8, and didn't have time to draw it anyway. I'll try to make that narrative now.
Spoiler: The comic thing itself (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 12:12:39 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 409