Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404004 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Multiworld Madness, or I Am Positively Insane.
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2008, 02:24:24 pm »

Hmm. It's still a 6. And a 5. Well, alright then!
------
Turn 3
------
Boksi: I attempt to punch and climb my way to the roof of the tavern.
=[3] Boksi PUNCH! One of the logs making up the ceiling breaks into two, the broken piece landing on the roof. The hole is nowhere near large enough for you to fit through though. A startled yell is heard from the first floor. You continue steadily shrinking.

Jay Kayell: I do the opposite, I head downstairs, trying to look impressive in my newly aquired purple shorts.
=[3] You head downstairs. You see a dwarf in a dim grey chainmail, looking very upset, and holding a battleaxe. He is surprised to see you, though not very impressed, and pauses for a moment, but then frowns again and says something to you in a language you don't understand. You feel strange pulsing above your temples.

Gantolandon: I'm looking for something which has C2H5OH inside.
=[2-1(dazed)=1] Looking around the tavern you don't find any barrels of anything. The dwarf frowns even more when he sees you approach, and when you look in his mug for a drink, he grunts what you assume to be a very intricate insult, and pushes you away. Hard.
G-force! [2] Your chest is slightly bruised. You fall backwards and hit the wooden floor with considerable force.
Terminal velocity! [2] SMACK! You hear your skull give off a resounding CRACK as the back of your head collides with the soft birch of the floor. You also feel pain in your back and shoulders before your vision fades and you pass out. (unconscious, -2 to next action, failure will reduce penalty to -1). You drop the shred of cloth, but manage not to lose the paperclip.

LASD : I decide to make (Boksi) do something useful and try to convince him to go through the birchen floor to the first floor of the tavern.
=[2+1(Cha)=3] Boksi is too busy with the roof to pay attention to the birchen floor. He notices you, but firmly pushes you aside. You are not hurt.

korora: I likewise head downstairs.
=[1] Ow. You get up, and navigate the second floor to the gently sloping passage to the floor below. You try to look classy by sliding on your feet downwards along the ramp, but stumble midway and fall face first against the floor.
G(e)Force2! [2] Ow*2. Korora airlines flight 122 has crashlanded in the birchen plains. Your face is bruised, scratched, and has gathered a small share of splinters. Your nose is broken and bleeding. Your arms, hands, and chest are bruised from trying to cushion the fall. You are stunned and in pain. (-1 until next action) Your bra-hat has slipped downwards and is now a bra-necklace.

Frelock: I again attempt to significantly increase my agility through various stretches and exercises.
=[4] While you feel that you may be becoming more agile, you are still sure you are far from reaching your full potential. (+1 to agility rolls, but only during dire situations)

andrea: i take as much underwear from the quantum stockpile as i can.
=[6] You start throwing panties, bras, and various other laundry items out of the quantum stockpile. A minute or two into this endeavor, having made a nice pile of underwear on the floor, you pause to rest for a bit and suddenly notice a tiny red button hidden under a transparent plastic cover, with sign that reads "Emergency Buffer Purge". Intrigued by the sign, you slowly lift the panel and cautiously push the button. A red neon strip suddenly lights up along the edge of the stockpile's opening.
I am going to be hit by WHAT? [6] You react with lightning speed, throwing yourself away from the opening. With a very loud WHSHAAA-BWHUP!, a very compressed pillar of underwear of various forms and sizes, some three meters in length, launches from the stockpile's opening and slams into the other wall of the building. The entire first floor is now littered with underwear of varying color, size, and make. Let's hope it makes a soft cushion, for in your lunge away from danger, you flew over the edge of the second floor!
G(e)Force3! [5] You manage to brace yourself in the fall, turn a somersault, and land perfectly onto your feet. If the dwarf could see you pull this stunt, he'd applaud, but the underwear on his head kinda blocks his vision right now.
The underwear stockpile is empty, at least for now. It closes, and the red light can still be faintly seen along the border.

chaoticag: I talk to the dwarf.
=[5] Your head doesn't hurt anymore. You walk up to the dwarf as he pulls a blueish pair of fluffy shorts off his head, and try to strike up a conversation. He eyes you suspiciously, puts away his axe, and sits on his chair. Then he proceeds to say something in a language you don't understand. The fact that you barely hear him talk doesn't make you position any better. You try again, he says the same thing again. You and he both are starting to get frustrated. In addition, every time the dwarf talks, you feel slight, but very noticeable pulsing above your temples. Trying to make them go away, you rub your temples with your fingers. While you are doing this, the dwarf speaks again, and to your bewildering surprise, you can actually understand what he says! He is grumbling under his beard: "Drat, another nuisance on my beard. First this war starts, then we get surrounded by elves, and now some barely-clothed illiterate humans barge in from Armok knows where and interrupt my meal." *sigh*. The pulsing sensation stops, instead you feel warmth in that area.

Rooster: I try to heal my brain injury via meds and magic rather than puttin my fingers into my brain
=[2] Gah. You know, maybe you can try saying you're sorry? That god must've really put a nice curse on you. You fail to cure your ailment after trying all three of the methods (meds, magic, and fingers through brains :P). You don't suffer any further damage though.

Kashyyk: I cause the air around my body to transform into clothes.
=[5-1(daze)=4] You stand up and concentrate. The air around your body begins to shift. Suddenly your are engulfed in a hurricane wind, followed by a piercing high-pitched sqeeeek, after which you feel that you are now wearing a soft shirt. Upon further inspection, you are surrounded by a thick layer of cloth.
Kashyyk goes wookie: [4]Hyaaar! You manage to free yourself. It appears you have summoned a sphere, your height in diameter, consisting of a jumbled mess of various clothing. You have torn it apart, producing a heap of torn clothing, which can possibly still contain something of use.
------
Status after turn 3:
Boksi: Standing upright. Naked. Approx. 3 meters tall and will be normal height next turn.
LASD: Standing upright. Wearing underwear, and a very nice-looking white/yellow/pink suit, with a top hat, all made of underwear. (+1 to persuading an NPC to do a nonviolent action)
Gantolandon: On the floor, face upwards. Naked. Slightly cracked skull, bruised upper body. Unconscious. (-2 to next action, failure will reduce it to -1) Clutching a paperclip.
chaoticag: Standing upright. Wearing underwear. Can barely hear things (-1 to dodge something not seen). Can understand dwarven, but doesn't know how he did it.
Frelock: Standing upright. Wearing underwear. Meagerly improved agility (+1 to critical agility rolls).
andrea: Standing upright. Wearing underwear. Can order any touched object to explode in his direction.
korora: Flat on the floor. Wearing underwear, and a pink bra around the neck. Nose broken, light bleeding, face battered, scratched, and in splinters. Bruised arms, hands, upper body. Stunned (-1 to all rolls until next action)
Kashyyk: Standing upright. Wearing underwear and a soft grey shirt. Can cause any living being in immediate vicinity to attack him with utmost brutality. Head hurts a bit.
Rooster: Staning upright. Wearing underwear. Doesn't know who he is, and calls himself Red. Head hurts due to light brain damage. (-1 to actions involving intelligence, wit, or concentration)
Jay Kayell: Standing upright. Wearing purple stretchy shorts. Underwear-powered (underpowered?) contraption on right arm (+1 to strength actions with the arm). Slightly bruised shoulder.

NPC status:
Male dwarf in iron chainmail: Sitting on a chair in front of the table. Wears a set of pig tail clothes, a well-crafted iron chainmail, a pair of exceptional iron high boots. Owns an iron battleaxe. Tries to enjoy his meal.

Environment:
Tavern building. 2 floors. Tables and chairs are placed on both floors. On the second floor, there is a pile of underwear, a pile of random torn clothing, and the green rug and panel. On the first floor there is a door outside, everything else is covered by various underwear.  The quantum underwear stockpile is closed and locked.

Background check: [6] At this point everyone notices that on their heads are thin greenish bands, though they are transparent and reflect a green hue only under certain angles. They cannot be felt or taken off. chaoticag's experiment also shows they are able to give certain abilities, but the exact method of obtaining them eludes you.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 02:53:17 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2008, 02:48:32 pm »

wow, i was lucky this turn with the rolls.
i order some underwear to become some kind of comfortable, nice looking, strong (strong meant as "make me take a bit less damage) and, if i am lucky, a bit magic clothes.
but they have to make these clothes on me, not in my hands or on the floor. i don't want to waste a turn to wear the clothes.

oh, please, tell the dwarf that it wasn't my fault about the underwear. i didn't want to put that much underwear out of they pile.
ok, maybe i wanted to. but i did't want to make it fly to the head of the dwarf
ok, maybe i enjoyed it but....
you know what, better if you don't tell him anything

edit: so... if i make something explode, wil lit still damage people near that thing and near me to get hurt? or it will damage only me?
i.e. i make player x's underwear explode. will player x be damaged?
(don't worry people. i won't do it. i don't want to kill you. there are still too many things to see in this RTD)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 02:51:52 pm by andrea »

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 03, 2008, 02:56:34 pm »

Ummmm... Yeah, being unconcious is a serious handicap. OK, I'll try to dream about something nice at least.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2008, 02:59:12 pm »

Firstly I apologize to the dwarf for interrupting his meal, then I materialize a masterwork adamantine halberd from thin air. (If this counts as two actions I'll just do the weapon thing)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 03:13:27 pm by Jay Kayell »
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 03, 2008, 03:04:13 pm »

andrea: it will explode toward you, like a shaped warhead. If the object in question was around, or in a part of another character, the character will take damage too, but if he isn't touching it or standing right behind you, he will probably be unharmed.
(btw, the result of your previous, unused action was every player getting the same ability...  would've been fun. :))

JK: Non-action talking (i.e. one that does not convey an order or command and just passes information) is free.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 03:12:10 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

korora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2008, 03:18:35 pm »

It seems my stylish hat has become a classy necklace.  As always, I'm on the cutting edge of fashion.

I'll root through the heap of torn clothing for something useful.
DFPaint, a cross-platform 'screenbuilder' utility

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 03, 2008, 03:31:26 pm »

I attempt to learn how to speak dwarven.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 03, 2008, 03:34:02 pm »

luckly i changed my action. i start liking this power.
i could use enemyes as meat shields.
i take them, i make their nose explode. explosion goes toward me, but i can't get badly damaged since the body is like a wall between me and the explosion.

veeeery nice.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 03, 2008, 03:46:03 pm »

Yeah, except the "can't get badly damaged" part. :) It kinda depends on the strength of the explosion. ::)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 03, 2008, 03:52:45 pm »

it depend on who is the enemy. i don't think i can make a small object explode in such a way to go through a steel golem.

this is a thing i didn't think about. how big are the explosions i make?
or do i have to test it to know it? (you, other players, should hope that he just tells me it. or you will have a mad bomber looking for a meat shield)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 03, 2008, 03:59:29 pm »

Heh. No, I won't tell you. At any rate, the total energy of the explosion will not exceed that which is produced by direct conversion of the target object's mass by annihilation... hehehe. :)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 03, 2008, 04:04:06 pm »

so you say that if i make my fingernail explode, i have a chance to destroy the tavern, everything in it and in a large space around it? and kill everybody?

i start liking it...

but i am not going to test it at the moment.
i'll test it after i'll have an hardened highest quality artifact reinforced with a lot of magic adamantine armor.
maybe.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 03, 2008, 04:16:00 pm »

I try to fashion some comfortable clothes (not a tux, they are very uncomfortable) from all the underwear lying about. (oh, and I'm male, so while a -rope reed dress- would work well in the DF universe, it's not what I'm going for)
All generalizations are false....including this one.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 03, 2008, 04:19:56 pm »

if you manage to make your clothes, remember to thanks the person who allowed you to get that much underwear (me. it was me who managed to empty a quantum stockpile)

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 03, 2008, 06:08:01 pm »

I attempt to create some Möbius clothing out of the underwear. Since I can do the strip with paper, clothing should only be marginally harder because it's a bit more complex. Sized for a normal human. If it destroys space-time, well whatever. Hmmm. An overshoot might have them not quite working with the fabric of space-time.

Preferably out of the classy material that is black, and maybe a hint of green too. I do not want pink, yellow or blue in it at all; white is meh and can be included if you really want it but it's nothing important.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 409