Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404045 times)

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Multiworld Madness. Runs RTD Extended 1.3.
« Reply #840 on: September 19, 2008, 05:11:47 pm »

I attempt to become more powerful than any god, to make the other gods bow down before me, to make them cry like little children and beg for their pathetic lives!
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: September 20, 2008, 02:57:35 am »

I'm not sure if I did get the charisma bonus, or was it just not noted in the roll result.

Anyhow, I'll peek to the next floor.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: September 20, 2008, 07:34:43 am »

Alright, I found a shred of free time, and have made a turn.

In short, ouch. Boksi learned the hard way that experimenting with powers beyond your control can be bad for you. As in, really bad. Only a well-timed roll of [6] has saved him from opening a new player slot. Other than that development, the turn was relatively good for everyone. Except it's no longer safe anywhere but inside of the keep.

Just as last time, look for errors please. LASD, last time I forgot to put the +1 in the roll, the result is correct.

------------      
Turn 26      
------------      
Quote from: korora
   I was wondering how I could activate the second form... I guess I have to take another turn now to pick up the main blade. (If I can go upstairs in the same turn, I'll do that).   
|   You walk over to the large blade on the ground, and pick it up. After a few minutes of fiddling, you finally found a way to insert the small sword into the blade without it springing back up into your face.   
Quote from: Boksi
   I'll try to use my new ability to get to and attack the elfzilla, then, since it's still alive.    
|   Again you bend your will on the nature's forces of earth, and concentrate your thought under yourself. A powerful geyser erupts again, launching you with tremendous force! | You aren't harmed by the sudden acceleration. However, you are still launched to a great height (of 50 or so meters)! You start falling, and see that you are dropping straight down onto the elfzilla! | You aim your halberd downward and try to control your body in such a way so as to strike directly into the beast's head. In hindsight, you would probably be a lot better off thinking about landing. You can't strike at elfzilla's head, but you still hit it straight through the lower body! | In fact, directly through. Narrowly missing the remains of one of the supports the beast has broken in its struggles, you plunge straight through its body into the ground, causing no damage to the beast. | Your tough skin proved less than adequate protection against the sheer force of a fall from 50 meters. Your body is severely mangled (not to mention being practically inside of a giant monster and buried two meters into the soil), all of your limbs are mangled, the lower body specifically suffered a lot of damage. In addition, your masterwork halberd (about the only intact thing left in you) ripped straight through your upper body with its handle. | Despite such massive injury, you manage to concentrate the powers of your mind enough to protect your vitals and major blood vessels as the rest of your body crumbles into pieces. You are still bleeding a lot, but you suffer no internal bleeding or severe life-threatening organ damage. You're quite safe, more or less, if you stop the bleeding. You're also in severe pain, but you won't roll for it until next turn. (adrenaline, etc) (ouch. just ouch. You now have a -2 to ANY physical action, be it movement or even just trying to look around. You're also physically unable to move, being constrained by all the soil around you (a further -2 to moving), and you sure as hell cannot hope to dodge anything (-2 to dodge))   
Quote from: andrea
   i bash the elves a last time with the maul i left on the ground!!   
|   You are now completely, absolutely ENRAGED that these two puny creatures still exist and manage to defy your attacks for all this time. Suddenly, you feel different. The world around you fades. The only things you can see now are yourself, the weapon in your hands, and your enemies. You have never felt more confident in your prowess, have never felt such inner strength that drives you to strike true and destroy your foes. || You don't even remember how your maul returned to your hand. Leaping at the short elf, you grab him be the neck and throw him into the air! As he starts falling, you spin your maul in your hand, and deliver a devastating CRRASH!! to the near-lifeless body! | The elf's lower body explodes into gore! His legs fly off in an arc and land on a nearby tree. The rest of his body plummets head-first into a ditch and stays there. Wasting no time, you dash to the second elf with lightning speed, jump into the air, and bring your maul down on his chest with tremendous force! |... When you open your eyes, suddenly tired, you stand, bent, near the lifeless body of the green-haired elf. You maul is deeply buried in the bloody pulp that once was the chest of this elven warrior, and you yourself are now quite thoroughly covered in elven blood and bits of elven meat and innards, though the rain slowly washes away them all. You feel like you could really use a rest now. Suddenly, a familiar voice sounds in your head. "Thou hath completed thy task. We are bound no longer, thy debt is paid in blood. Go with war." You feel a wave of energy as the binding force leaves you.   
Quote from: chaoticag
   I rip an insignifcant piece of space time fabric, making sure it is sharp, bladelike and has a hilt.   
|   You attempt to do the Comix Zone trick and rip a shred out of the fourth dimension. After a minute or so of trying to grab at air, you notice Elica the elf looking at you rather amused. Realising the foolishness of your attempts, you stop.   
Quote from: Kashyyk
   I help Andrea kill which ever elf he decides to attack.   
|   Incidentally, by the time you even managed to begin thinking about starting to try and help andrea somehow kill the elves, both the elves were quite brutally eviscerated by andrea himself. In frustration, you consider just punching Elica in the face, but think better of it.   
Quote from: Frelock
   I suppose, since this is DF, I should spar with Elica.  I do so calmly and cautiously, to prevent notorious sparring accidents.   
|   You call your unlikely companion to you, and invite him to a sparring duel. He agrees. You both spend some time exchanging blows, careful not to injure each other, and stop after a while, having exhausted your strength. You realise, in retrospect, that any kind of sparring where you carefully watch not to injure your opponent isn't going to get you anywhere in real combat.   
Quote from: Gantolandon
   I search for the hidden symbols. Everyone knows secret passages have hidden symbols scratched out on the walls. If I don't find any, I'll go right.    
|   You spend some time looking for symbols, but find none. Frustrated about the time lost, you head into the right passage…  or wait. Which one is right? Having turned around several times, trying to spot symbols in the near-completely-dark tunnel lit by tiny (and dim) shafts leading upwards, that leak rainwater in addition, you completely lost your sense of direction. Finally you rely on your instinct and choose one direction where you came from, and stand in that part of the tunnel again. You've still got to choose the direction.   
Quote from: Jay Kayell
   I attempt to become more powerful than any god, to make the other gods bow down before me, to make them cry like little children and beg for their pathetic lives!   
|   You focus your mind, trying to absorb power and energy from all around you, increasing your power! Suddenly you hear a familiar voice say "Don't.", and all the power you managed to accumulate (which wasn't all that much) quickly left you. You surmise that trying to rise higher than gods that gave you your power in the first place might not be a good idea.   
Quote from: LASD
   "I'm not sure if I did get the charisma bonus, or was it just not noted in the roll result.
Anyhow, I'll peek to the next floor. "   
|   As you try to ascend the stairs, four awfully familiar dwarves rush down them, knocking you over and sending you tumbling against the wooden wall of some workshop. You are unhurt. The four dwarves quickly rush upwards again, holding bundles of very thick and long projectiles you can only assume to be ballista bolts. You stand up.   
Quote from: Rooster
   (AI) I loot some weapons and armor, if there are any to find (this is a battlefield, after all)   
|   You look around the keep, and find several human corpses laden with usable armor. While the prospect of wearing some dead man's armor does not enthrall you, ending up dead without armor is even less attractive. You pick a nice iron chainmail, some iron chain greaves, copper boots, and a soft leather dress to wear all of that better. The chainmail is nicely polished, and almost looks silver. Content with having the armor, you pick a well-made longsword for yourself. (The armor set yields +1 against slashing and critical blunt, but -1 to agility)   
------------      
NPC Actions:      
Quote from: Elica Larifera
   Elica is a swordself. Recently hired by Frelock. He's armed with a wooden longsword, and dressed in (somewhat pierced) green-grey close-witting clothing with scarce leaf-shaped decoration.   
   He spends his turn sparring (fruitlessly) with Frelock.   
Quote from: Elfzilla 2
   This is a massive, ten meters high beast made of elven bodies. It's mindless now, but still driven by rage and desire for flesh. It is, for all intents and purposes, a giant elven flesh golem. Currently impaled on the wreckage of an apartment building. Blind, face is a bloody mess, a wooden splintery scimitar stuck into the socket. It has a -4 to dodge, -2 movement, but still +1 against all damage, except for the head where its skull is cracked.   
|    Knowing JK is nearby, it tries to roll over and crush him. The wooden poles still hold it fast, but another one breaks from its attempts.   
Quote from: Keep Defenders
   The dwarves don't pay attention to the beast and fire slightly farther.   
------------      
Status after turn:      
Boksi:      
Down in the ground right under Elfzilla.      
Wearing a reddish-black jacket of Karl Moebius leather, underwear, and slightly torn jean shorts. Wielding a masterwork steel halberd. Holding a wooden arrow covered in andrea's blood.      
All limbs mangled, lower body mangled, upper body maimed,head battered. Despite all that, no internal injuries, and only moderate bleeding on the outside. (-2 any physical action, -2 movement, -2 physical dodge)      
Abilities: Basic TK Manipulation.Basic TK Healing. Big Bully. Special status: Carbon Flesh Interweave. Can only speak goblin. Activated Visual Omnisensor.      
andrea:      
Standing upright out on the street beside the armor shop.      
Wearing underwear and fairly comfortable greyish trousers. Also wearing a armor set: -Iron splint-mail-, a shirt of leather, Bronze plated greaves, <<Iron high boots>>. Owns a +Steel maul+, that is currently some distance away from him.      
Unharmed.      
Abilities: Shrapnel Self. Basic TK Healing.      
korora:      
Standing upright on the third floor of the keep.      
Wearing underwear, and makeshift bra-scarf clothing. Also wearing the armor set: <<+Iron breastplate+>>, a soft leather shirt, an Iron helmet, some hard leather greaves and -Aluminum high boots-.  Owns an Iron handaxe and a -Black bronze warhammer-, both on the floor for now. Wields The Ashcraver.      
Legs and arms bruised.      
Abilities: Mighty. Extremely Agile. Basic TK Healing (!).      
chaoticag:      
Standing upright, out on the street near the armor shop.      
Wearing the armor set: +Steel Chestplate+, -Copper chainmail-, Aluminum cap, hard leather leggings and <<Copper plated boots>>. Wielding a useless chunk of wood that was the handle of his scimitar not long ago.       
Concussive damage to internal organs, large bruise on left upper arm. Bruised back.      
Abilities: Basic TK Healing.      
Gantolandon:      
Crouched, at the crossroads of a small dank tunnel from the tavern.      
Wearing underwear and a thin silky sweater. Covered in dried vomit. Right foot covered with elven blood and brains. Holding a paperclip and a nice pair of white socks. Wielding an Iron dagger.      
Face and most of the body bruised. Hands pierced by numerous splinters. Left wrist sprained. Nasty scratch along the head. Minor bleeding.      
Abilities: Basic TK Healing(!).      
Frelock:      
Standing upright on the street near the armor shop.      
Wearing underwear, a somewhat dirty <<*Giant cave spider silk robe*>>, and +hippo leather sandals+. Wielding a Steel Quarterstaff and a -Small Iron throwing knife- as a backup weapon.      
Unharmed.      
Abilities: Slightly improved strength. Meagerly improved agility. Can be cautious while calm. Improved TK Healing II(!). Special status: Activated Selective Translator.      
Kashyyk:      
Standing upright on the street near the armor shop.      
Naked. Wielding a -Steel Greataxe- and a makeshift Willow Buckler.      
Flesh turned into iron, three arrows sticking out of abdomen, right leg, and left shoulder, but no serious damage is sustained.      
Abilities: Enrage Other. Enrage Self. Basic TK Healing. Special status: Activated Selective Translator. Steel scales. Extra: Rollerblades in the forearms.      
Rooster:      
Standing upright near the keep.      
Wearing underwear, and the armor set: -Iron chainmail-, iron chain greaves, copper boots, and a soft leather dress to wear all of that better. The chainmail is nicely polished, and almost looks silver. "Wears" illusion clothing (white garments, white robe) seen only by him. Wielding an +Iron longsword+.      
Nose broken, bleeding, forehead and chin bruised.      
Abilities: Improved Intelligence. Basic TK Healing. Power of Trickery (+). Special status: Blessing of Peace. Beyond Invisible. Beast Within. Extra: Doesn't know who he is, and calls himself Red.      
LASD:      
Standing upright on the third floor of the keep.      
Wearing underwear, and a white/pink/yellow suit and top hat made of underwear. Also wearing the armor set: <<+Iron chain Cuirass+>>, -Iron chain gloves-, Iron chain greaves, and Iron low boots. Wielding a *Aluminum tower shield*      
Battered head and upper body(back). Bruised left foot. Sprained right wrist.      
Abilities: Power of Peace. Special status: Peacekeeper.      
Jay Kayell:      
Out on the street, standing near Elfzilla.      
Wearing purple stretchy shorts. Useless shreds of underwear on right arm. Wielding a +Iron flanged mace+. The armor is armed with a collection of axes and swords, and its steel fists as well.      
Unharmed.      
Abilities: Novice Wrestler. Basic TK Healing. Blood of the Blood God. Blood Rage. Special status: Wearing Improved Corpse-steel power armor.      
---------      
Environment:      
Tavern:   Two-floor building. The door is blown out, the doorframe is torn out as well. Amid the room is a large barricade of broken furniture, elven corpses and trash. Half of the building's roof is gone, most of it is now smashed into the floor. A large hole is broken into the storage cellar. Another hole is busted through the building's wall. There're some weapons stuck into the first floor's ceiling. The building houses your enter/exit point.   
Human/Dwarven Capital:   Large city on the outskirts of hell knows where. Holds a modest amount of homes, from hovels to two-floor apartment buildings, a set of shops, a temple, and a keep. Currently being surrounded by a verily horde of elves. The dwarves are mounting a large defence using siege engines atop the keep.   
Food store:   Square one-floor building with long tables laden with salted and fried meats of all kinds. There's a single wide table at the far end, with a chest on top of it. There's a mighty fine hole broken through the ceiling.   
Cloth store:   Rolls of cloth and various cloth, silk, and leather articles of clothing are on the many shelves inside this building. There's a single wide table at the far end, with a chest on top of it. The entire building is barely standing, most of its roof is collapsed. There's a pile of elf-paste near the building, and some elven corpses.   
Armor store:   Everywhere in the shop various pieces of armor are thrown about, shields of different sizes litter the floor, and arrayed under the now-broken shelves and tables are enough various boots to outfit a battalion. At the far end of the building, there is a single wide table. The heavy chest is on the floor, broken, a large supplement of coins from it now covers the floor.   
The Keep:   Large four-floor building. The first floor is almost devoid of furniture. A lot of civilians are huddled together in groups all over the floor. At least a dozen and a half guards are also there. The second floor is a massive stockpile of wood, metal, and stone. Dwarves constantly lug the materials to the upper floors. The roof of the keep is fortified with ballistae and catapults.   
The Temple:   Tall and proud, beautiful building of white marble, a solid first floor surrounded by columns is supporting several ring-shaped floors held up by beautiful marble supports. A deep pool of shiny, clear water can be seen inside the building. Well, it probably was like that. The entire thing has recently tried to rise up in mighty wrath as a gigantic statue of a carp, but failed miserably and broke to pieces. Afterwards, the overpowered Rooster single-handedly sent the whole place into oblivion along with the elves, who now cannot be seen, heard, or even smelled by anyone other than themselves.   
------------      
Background: [2]   Despite the team's best attempts not to notice anything, everyone can see now that the elves have started their attack on the keep. Many hundreds of them charge against the keep, past the armor shop and the tavern, and elfzilla. From this point on, everyone outside of the keep will roll against being mobbed by elves, so get to the keep!   
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: September 20, 2008, 07:55:45 am »

i know i shouldn't say it, but... didn't i kill only 4 elves?
1 at the tavern, 3 near the armor shop?

my action is: i try to reach boksi to heal him. i hope elves won't go near elfzilla.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: September 20, 2008, 08:06:06 am »

No, you killed 5. One was killed at the tavern, then you killed Limpy with the Mega Spirit Maul Smash, then beheaded Scary as he ran, scared, at you from the bush, and now you finished off the last of them. :D

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: September 20, 2008, 08:12:42 am »

uh, nice! now i have a good chance to get a 6 and kill boksi while trying to heal him

maybe it is better if i don't use TK? i'll have to ask boksi

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: September 20, 2008, 08:37:26 am »

I go into a high level of concentration, allowing me to easily counterattack large groups of pointy eared bastards with wooden weapons.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: September 20, 2008, 08:46:23 am »

The -1 penalty for all healing attempts applies to the TK healing, if I remember correctly.

I suppose I'll try to use it to heal myself as well.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: September 20, 2008, 09:12:04 am »

oh, right. i forgot about that.
i hope you will be healed this turn, boksi. staying outside seem dangerous. now that i killed the elves, i can spend soem turn to get some nice powers. i am the only one that is just a human hammerman (but a good one! at least, against buildings)

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: September 20, 2008, 09:26:08 am »

I leap onto the roof of the keep.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: September 20, 2008, 09:35:17 am »

OK, I go right.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: September 20, 2008, 09:51:51 am »

I convince the haulers that I'm a ballista bolt and should be transported to the roof.

I'm quite glad I can't get 1 in this. Getting shot as a ballista bolt towards elves isn't something I'd like to do.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: September 20, 2008, 09:53:50 am »

I tell Elica to go hide in the tavern and wait for me there, as I run to the keep itself.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: September 20, 2008, 09:54:39 am »

Wouldn't a six convince them you're really a ballista bolt and get you shot?

And a one convince them to dump you?
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: September 20, 2008, 02:40:33 pm »

Yes, that would exactly be the case. Or rather, on a 1 the dwarves would pull the same trick on him. On a 4 or 5, he would convince them to lug him into storage, and on a 6 he'd be hauled straight to the ballista and launched, barring successful agility saves.

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 409