Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404075 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Multiworld Madness. Runs RTD Extended 1.3.
« Reply #750 on: September 17, 2008, 01:42:00 pm »

Well it DID kill a few of them. It kinda turned out to be a very large stone club. On the other hand, being slapped in the face by that kind of fish will probably hurt you more that your dignity. :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: September 17, 2008, 01:47:58 pm »

Hm. Frelock has me stumped here. On one hand, I don't really want to kill anyone. On the other hand, he wasn't calm...

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: September 17, 2008, 01:50:33 pm »

Give him a calming-down saving throw or something, perhaps?
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: September 17, 2008, 01:55:18 pm »

he got a 6 while rolling on healiing me?

i will never kill these elves... :(

if i die and get resurrected, will i still have the -1 on non violent actions?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: September 17, 2008, 02:03:52 pm »

Ok, can I change my action so I'm calm and cautious while I do this, or is it too late? I don't think there's anything that would make my "uncalm," save my slight annoyance at having to heal andrea again.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: September 17, 2008, 02:14:56 pm »

No you can't. I figured out a nonexplosive roundabout since you're in control of the power, but that'll be it for my personal intervention for now. You've still worsened the situation a bit. :P

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: September 17, 2008, 02:18:54 pm »

Disappointing, yet comforting...
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: September 17, 2008, 03:01:53 pm »

Alright, I'm done. Chaoticag just wasn't near enough. :P

------------      
Turn 23      
------------      
Quote from: Boksi
   I'll try to heal andrea. Having a punctured lung is not pleasant.   
   (You were attacked just before, by the elf - no bonus)   
|   All you manage to do is pluck the arrow out of andrea's chest without aggravating the wound or causing bleeding. Which also helps, but doesn't prevent internal damage…   
Quote from: Jay Kayell
   I strike at the elfzilla with my mace and use my TK to empower the weapon.   
   While reasonably powerful, applying TK as a bonus won't work unless it's a [5]…   
|   Unable to contain yourself, you explode into a bloodthirsty rage, pummeling on the atrocity's face with your armor's steel fists! | You bash its face into a (more) bloody pulp, rendering it blind (further -1 dodge.. that makes it -4...) and making it bleed severely.   
Quote from: chaoticag
   Time to take some armor! Underwear no longer!... wait, that sounds wrong...    
   Since you didn't specify a preference, I'll go with a balanced set.   
|   You dig into the assorted pile of rubbish potential protective garments, and after a short while, procure a very decent set, consisting of a +Steel Chestplate+, -Copper chainmail-, Aluminum cap, hard leather leggings and <<Copper plated boots>>, encrusted with bandfire opals. Worn, it will give a -1 to agility rolls, but +1 against piercing and slashing damage, with statistical bonus against piercing. You're holding the whole set.   
Quote from: korora
   As boring of an action as it is, I'll keep going up.  Must find key.   
|   Halfway up the third staircase, you hear disturbingly loud (and closing!) sounds of heavy boots stomping against the stone floor. You jump off the staircase just in time not to be trampled by a dozen peasant dwarves doing routine hauling. You're not harmed.   
Quote from: Frelock
   I heal andrea and my elven sidekick, preferably while pulling the quarterstaff out of his midsection. (come on 5!!)    
|   Suddenly your mind clears. You feel yourself as if floating in your own subconscious, looking at the actions of your body from a third-person perspective. You stop seeing light and color of the world around you, and all is replaced by a black background on which dim outlines of different creatures are seen. You can see that some of these creatures are damaged. You feel an unstoppable desire to help them and repair them, and you do so with great ease and satisfaction. Then, as suddenly as it happened, the feeling is gone again. You find yourself standing in the same place you were standing. You look around and see that everyone around you, including Boksi and all three elves, are healed of all their injuries. Your formerly penetrated companion is standing beside you, whole and unharmed, looking at you with even greater wonder, if that is at all possible.   
Quote from: andrea
   i'll try to get the power to summon lighnings from the clouds.   
|   You concentrate, but quickly realise that this particular power is bit too far-fetched. In any case, the clouds above you don't look like capable of producing lightning even if they tried.   
Quote from: Gantolandon
   OK, if I'm dreaming about armors all the time, it can be a learning experience at least. I try to know about armorsmithing as much as possible.   
|   You don't manage to learn anything, but the cows around you suddenly procured halberds and started attacking you. Rather shocked with this development, you wake up.   
Quote from: LASD
   I'll go up the stairs, desperate to keep up with the others.   
|   You ascend to the second floor. Huh. It seems the armor and the shield combined do weigh you down a bit.   
Quote from: Rooster
   I try to attain true Illusion mastery    
|   Briefly concentrating all of your mental power into the single thought, you reach out into the depths of the unknown in search of greater wisdom. But it seems your searching was too intrusive. Your mind is hit by a surge of energy! | You manage to endure the damage, but you must vent the energy! You send a powerful wave of energy into the space before you! Your mind clears, you open your eyes. Before you once were the ruins of the temple, some hundred elves, and a few broken and unbroken houses. Now everything, except for the bloody but empty pool where the temple was standing, is gone. You're not sure what happened, but somehow doubt you were able to disintegrate all of that with a single surge, and suspect a more candid power at work...   
Quote from: Kashyyk
   I stand over andrea making sure that no arrows hit him. If they must they will hit me instead.   
|   You position yourself near andrea and watch closely for arrows, making sure to look in all directions for approaching danger. (+1 to andrea's projectile dodge and arrowfest rolls)   
------------      
NPC Actions:      
Quote from: Greeny elf
   This elf has pale green hair, and wields a longsword and a rather battered shield of wood. Morale down.   
   The elf bites andrea in the leg!   
|    The elf turns over and CHOMP!…  Ooooooww!!! Andrea is wearing bronze plated greaves. So…  yeah. | Failing at biting, the elf takes the opportunity to clean and sharpen his teeth a bit on the bronze.   
Quote from: Shorty elf
   This one was wielding a shortsword, and is slightly shorter than the rest.   
   Miraculously healed of all injuries, the elf decides NOW would be a good time to skedaddle. He chooses the armor shop as an escape route.   
|    He rushes through the hole, past chaoticag, and out the rather broken door. | The keep siege operators fail to spot the appearance of the elf, but a few marksdwarves had good enough eyes to take a few pot shots at the running target. | Three bolts almost simultaneously strike the elf, throwing him onto the ground! His right leg and right arm are pierced, and he's bleeding, but he is able to get up again. He didn't get far from the shop.   
Quote from: Sneaky elf
   Rather dead at the moment.   
Quote from: Scary elf
   Dead. Beheaded in a rather messy way.   
Quote from: Limpy elf
   Dead. His past leg injury is not bothering him anymore.   
Quote from: Swordself 1
   This elf offered his help to the group, specifically to Frelock, but his true intentions are unknown.   
   Seeing the other elf run off, the swordself grabs the green-haired leader's longsword and runs after him! As he does this he says to Frelock "I'll get him!", though only he is able to understand that.   
|    Well, that obviously didn't work. He rather humorously stumbles in the broken hole in the wall of the armor shop, and still more humorously falls face forwards into the shop. He's not seriously hurt.   
Quote from: Elfzilla 2
   This is a massive, ten meters high beast made of elven bodies. It's mindless now, but still driven by rage and desire for flesh. It is, for all intents and purposes, a giant elven flesh golem. Currently impaled on the wreckage of an apartment building. Blind, face is a bloody mess, a wooden splintery scimitar stuck into the socket. It has a -4 to dodge, -2 movement, but still +1 against all damage.   
|    Again it tries to get up, but only manages to break one of the pillars keeping it stuck, and rises only slightly.   
Quote from: Keep Defenders
   This time the keep defenders decide to adjust and fire a catapult at the beast. A massive rock is hurled upwards and down onto the beast!   
|    The rock hits the beast straight onto the head! | The Avatar of Armok rolled away from danger with all the grace of a runaway maniac tumbledryer. | The beast's skull is cracked! It tries to holler in pain, but manages only an unintelligible, though still loud, gurgle. (It's lost the +1 on hits to the head now, go at it!)   
------------      
Arrowfest! Only your luck will save you! Actually, you now notice that the hail of arrows has subsided. Whether it's a sign of elven forces retreating, or stopping random fire to avoid hitting advancing troops, you cannot determine.      
------------      
Status after turn:      
Boksi:      
Standing upright, out on the street beside the armor shop.      
Wearing a reddish-black jacket of Karl Moebius leather, underwear, and slightly torn jean shorts. Wielding a masterwork steel halberd. Holding a wooden arrow covered in andrea's blood.      
Unharmed. Skin and flesh is of greyish color.      
Abilities: Basic TK Manipulation.Basic TK Healing. Big Bully. Special status: Carbon Flesh Interweave. Can only speak goblin. Activated Visual Omnisensor.      
andrea:      
Standing upright out on the street beside the armor shop.      
Wearing underwear and fairly comfortable greyish trousers. Also wearing a armor set: -Iron splint-mail-, a shirt of leather, Bronze plated greaves, <<Iron high boots>>. Wielding a +Steel maul+.      
Unharmed.      
Abilities: Shrapnel Self. Basic TK Healing. Additional status: Blood Debt to God of War and Artifice.      
korora:      
Standing upright on the third floor of the keep.      
Wearing underwear, and makeshift bra-scarf clothing. Also wearing the armor set: <<+Iron breastplate+>>, a soft leather shirt, an Iron helmet, some hard leather greaves and -Aluminum high boots-.  Wielding an Iron handaxe in the right hand, and a -Black bronze warhammer- in the left.      
Legs and arms bruised.      
Abilities: Basic TK Healing (!).      
chaoticag:      
Standing upright, covered in vomity blood, in the armor shop.      
Wearing underwear. Wielding a useless chunk of wood that was the handle of his scimitar not long ago. Holding the pieces of an armor set: +Steel Chestplate+, -Copper chainmail-, Aluminum cap, hard leather leggings and <<Copper plated boots>>.      
Concussive damage to internal organs, large bruise on left upper arm. Bruised back.      
Abilities: Basic TK Healing.      
Gantolandon:      
Down on the floor of the cellar of the tavern.      
Wearing underwear and a thin silky sweater. Covered in dried vomit. Right foot covered with elven blood and brains. Holding a paperclip and a nice pair of white socks. Wielding an Iron dagger.      
Face and most of the body bruised. Hands pierced by numerous splinters. Left wrist sprained. Nasty scratch along the head. Minor bleeding.      
Abilities: Basic TK Healing(!).      
Frelock:      
Standing upright on the street near the armor shop.      
Wearing underwear. Holding a somewhat dirty <<*Giant cave spider silk robe*>>, and +hippo leather sandals+. Wielding a Steel Quarterstaff and a -Small Iron throwing knife- as a backup weapon.      
Unharmed.      
Abilities: Slightly improved strength. Meagerly improved agility. Can be cautious while calm. Improved TK Healing II(!).      
Kashyyk:      
Standing upright on the street near the armor shop.      
Naked. Wielding a -Steel Greataxe- and a makeshift Willow Buckler.      
Flesh turned into iron, three arrows sticking out of abdomen, right leg, and left shoulder, but no serious damage is sustained.      
Abilities: Enrage Other. Enrage Self. Basic TK Healing. Special status: Activated Selective Translator. Steel scales. Extra: Rollerblades in the forearms.      
Rooster:      
Standing upright near what was the ruined temple.      
Wearing underwear. "Wears" illusion clothing (white garments, white robe) seen only by him.      
Unharmed.      
Abilities: Improved Intelligence. Basic TK Healing. Power of Trickery (+). Special status: Blessing of Peace. Invisible. Beast Within. Extra: Doesn't know who he is, and calls himself Red.      
LASD:      
Standing upright on the second floor of the keep.      
Wearing underwear, and a white/pink/yellow suit and top hat made of underwear. Also wearing the armor set: <<+Iron chain Cuirass+>>, -Iron chain gloves-, Iron chain greaves, and Iron low boots. Wielding a *Aluminum tower shield*      
Battered head and upper body(back). Bruised left foot. Sprained right wrist.      
Abilities: Power of Peace. Special status: Peacekeeper.      
Jay Kayell:      
Out on the street, standing near Elfzilla.      
Wearing purple stretchy shorts. Useless shreds of underwear on right arm. Wielding a +Iron flanged mace+. The armor is armed with a collection of axes and swords, and its steel fists as well.      
Unharmed.      
Abilities: Novice Wrestler. Basic TK Healing. Blood of the Blood God. Blood Rage. Special status: Wearing Improved Corpse-steel power armor.      
---------      
Environment:      
Tavern:   Two-floor building. The door is blown out, the doorframe is torn out as well. Amid the room is a large barricade of broken furniture, elven corpses and trash. Half of the building's roof is gone, most of it is now smashed into the floor. A large hole is broken into the storage cellar. Another hole is busted through the building's wall. There're some weapons stuck into the first floor's ceiling. The building houses your enter/exit point.   
Human/Dwarven Capital:   Large city on the outskirts of hell knows where. Holds a modest amount of homes, from hovels to two-floor apartment buildings, a set of shops, a temple, and a keep. Currently being surrounded by a verily horde of elves. The dwarves are mounting a large defence using siege engines atop the keep.   
Food store:   Square one-floor building with long tables laden with salted and fried meats of all kinds. There's a single wide table at the far end, with a chest on top of it. There's a mighty fine hole broken through the ceiling.   
Cloth store:   Rolls of cloth and various cloth, silk, and leather articles of clothing are on the many shelves inside this building. There's a single wide table at the far end, with a chest on top of it. The entire building is barely standing, most of its roof is collapsed. There's a pile of elf-paste near the building, and some elven corpses.   
Armor store:   Everywhere in the shop various pieces of armor are thrown about, shields of different sizes litter the floor, and arrayed under the now-broken shelves and tables are enough various boots to outfit a battalion. At the far end of the building, there is a single wide table. The heavy chest is on the floor, broken, a large supplement of coins from it now covers the floor.   
The Keep:   Large four-floor building. The first floor is almost devoid of furniture. A lot of civilians are huddled together in groups all over the floor. At least a dozen and a half guards are also there. The second floor is a massive stockpile of wood, metal, and stone. Dwarves constantly lug the materials to the upper floors. The roof of the keep is fortified with ballistae and catapults.   
The Temple:   Tall and proud, beautiful building of white marble, a solid first floor surrounded by columns is supporting several ring-shaped floors held up by beautiful marble supports. A deep pool of shiny, clear water can be seen inside the building. Well, it probably was like that. The entire thing has recently tried to rise up in mighty wrath as a gigantic statue of a carp, but failed miserably and broke to pieces. More importantly, the whole thing is gone now, vanished into thin air along with all the elves around it.   
------------      
Background: [4]   The rain is steadily.. well, raining. It's not pouring, it's just a mild rain. The clouds above you are light-grey, with no hints whatsoever at lightning or thunder. Everyone now notices that the random arrowstrikes have ceased, but whether or not it's because of the rain is unknown.

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: September 17, 2008, 03:09:18 pm »

Having awakened, I try to sneak out of the inn and head towards the keep. Being alone isn't very safe right now.

korora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: September 17, 2008, 03:11:35 pm »

Do I not get to see the contents of the third floor?  If not, I'll take my next turn to look around, paying attention (of course) to the headband.
DFPaint, a cross-platform 'screenbuilder' utility

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: September 17, 2008, 03:14:59 pm »

I'm going to try to hover above the ground slightly. Maybe 20 centimeters. Preferably, this will also allow me to move without having to push myself like an astronaut in freefall.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: September 17, 2008, 03:16:02 pm »

I bash shorty in the leg with my trusty war pants!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: September 17, 2008, 03:16:39 pm »

Korora, you didn't ascend to the fourth floor this time, and last turn I said that the key is still higher. The third floor is the workshop floor.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: September 17, 2008, 03:17:45 pm »

I grab elfzilla by the head and crush it like a rotten melon!
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: September 17, 2008, 03:19:31 pm »

I just realized that a 6 or 1 would probably end with me getting hurled around. But I have friends, right?

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 409