Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404073 times)

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Multiworld Madness. Runs RTD Extended 1.3.
« Reply #705 on: September 16, 2008, 09:16:55 am »

I enter the keep (and go upstairs.)

Or should we return to the tavern and defend it? Because after someone visits the upper parts of the keep, we must return to the tavern. I think we should make something that allows us to travel to the tavern safely from the keep.

For now I'll keep my action on going to the keep. There probably is something that has to be done in order to get the key(s).

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: September 16, 2008, 09:18:09 am »

@ SEAN - talk to my +1 IQ and another +1 bonus  :P

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: September 16, 2008, 09:23:59 am »

Heh. 19 turns in the world, and no one even knows what the key is. It turned out longer than I expected, I might have to increase the time margin in another world...

Also, convincing might work for IQ, you're right. It's not that you can fail - which you can't in the circumstances - but an overshoot will be disastrous for you on this magnitude. It took a bit of luck to stop Elfzilla, what will you do against a god-empowered marble colossus?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: September 16, 2008, 09:32:57 am »

covince him to join me  ;)
\/ - he'll know it
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 09:34:46 am by Rooster »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: September 16, 2008, 09:33:10 am »

god of war and artifice? if you speak with him/her tell him/her that i am about to kill the 5 elves.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: September 16, 2008, 10:54:30 am »

hmm, who thinks I should leave the arrows in there for the awsome look it creates?

First: I grab a door from a nearby building and use it as a tower shield (come on, it only needs to stop arrows)

Second: I go to the cellar where gantolandon and Andrea should be.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: September 16, 2008, 11:00:53 am »

Andrea doesn't need my help anymore, so I guess I'll try for self-improvement.

I attempt to gain the ability to use my "visual omnisensor" to see places I cannot see. You know, scrying. Preferably by trying to see fourth floor of the keep.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: September 16, 2008, 12:12:13 pm »

Did everyone post?

korora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: September 16, 2008, 12:24:31 pm »

I think so.
DFPaint, a cross-platform 'screenbuilder' utility

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: September 16, 2008, 12:27:35 pm »

i am not in the cellar... i am still at the armor shop fighting elves. but i don't know how many other turns i'll be able to avoid arrows.
elves shouldnt be a problem...

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: September 16, 2008, 01:26:50 pm »

afternoon nap?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: September 16, 2008, 02:13:06 pm »

No, I'm making the turn. As a matter of fact, I made your rolls, which is half the turn. Andrea and Boksi might want to stay around the armor shop a bit longer. Frelock will be a help to them only after he loses his "weight". Also, a gigantic figure of a local god was briefly spotted on the outskirts of town.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: September 16, 2008, 02:54:10 pm »

Holy hell this turn is going to be bad. I guess it's a good thing Frelock is near there, andrea is going to need his help FAST.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: September 16, 2008, 02:59:02 pm »

OH SHIT IT'S AN ELF GET IN THE FORTRESS!
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: September 16, 2008, 03:02:52 pm »

Had andrea rolled two [1]s instead of two [2]s in Kashyyk's arrowfest roll, we'd probably be missing a player now...

------------      
Turn 22      
------------      
Quote from: Frelock
   Anyhow, I graciously attempt to understand what the elf is saying using that fun headband, and try to convince andrea not to kill my potential recruit.    
|   As the elf attempts to speak to you, you concentrate on trying to understand him and communicate with him. Getting the same fuzzy feelings as Kashyyk, you manage to activate the band's Selective Translator, set to this world's elven language. The elf is beyond impressed with your group, and offers you his lifetime service as a sidekick.   
Quote from: andrea
   i use my free hand to maul the greeny elf using as a weapon the shorty elf. i pick the shorty helf by the head. just to be sure that he will die.   
|   You walk over to the bushes, take the shorty elf by his long hair, and drag him over to the green-haired elf on the ground. Looking at both, your eyes fill with a bloodthirsty rage. You look at Frelock's elf, he is quite genuinely scared of you. Looking back at your victims, you lift the unconscious wounded elf above you, by the head, and smash his skull on the head of the green-haired leader. | The short elf's head turned out to be too resilient to shatter so easily. || As was the green-haired head of the leader. Frustrated, you throw the shorty elf against the wall of the armor shop. | He's still unharmed. He wakes up from all the hits. | His bleeding stops, and he stands up.   
Quote from: Jay Kayell
   I cut elfzilla's head off and impale it on one of the wooden supports.   
|   Beside yourself with rage, you charge at elfzilla, jump up, and strike with your largest axes at its neck. | The neck's mostly bone though. Your axes leave deep cuts on it, but can't sever the head.   
Quote from: chaoticag
   I run to the armor store.    
|   Yep, you do, but you took your sweet time doing so. (You'll still roll in the arrowfest)   
Quote from: Gantolandon
   I eat some meat, as my injuries will need large amount of proteins...    
|   You turn over in your sleep, stuffing a piece of salted beef into your mouth. For a moment you are deprived of air. | Your coughing reflex kicks in and you cough away the meat. You don't wake up though, but for some reason your dreams are now of cows in shiny armor wearing scuba gear.   
Quote from: korora
   I continue upstairs.   
|   You do so, managing to avoid a few hurrying dwarves who would've knocked you out of their way. The third floor is a massive workplace. A few smithys, large carpenter shops, and some other assorted industrial machinery is located here. The noise here is almost unbearable. From what you can see, materials delivered here get processed into something else, that gets hauled to the floor above.   
Quote from: Rooster
   I try to convince the temple (I'll do it even if this temple isn't full of godly energy) to arise as a divine golem to get revenge on its destroyers, and if that doesn't work I'll convince gods to do it (especially god of war and artifice)   
|   In your thoughts, you turn to the god for whom this temple was built, and impress onto him the nature of the vile destroyers of his temple, and call on him to get revenge on them. As you try to listen for an answer, though, you only get unintelligible noises in your head. Then suddenly, the temple comes to life! Elves scatter. Massive blocks of marble rise into the air, climb atop each other, forming a massive figure, towering above the surrounding buildings, like a giant marble statue of a...  carp. A gigantic, twenty-meters-tall marble statue of a fish is now standing on its tail on the outskirts of the town. As the fish tries to move, it falls sideways | and shatters into pieces. The elves all around double over from laughter, | even though a few of them were crushed by the falling fish statue and the flying debris.   
Quote from: LASD
   I enter the keep (and go upstairs.)   
|   You manage to get to the keep. (You'll roll in the arrowfest too)   
Quote from: Kashyyk
   I grab a door from a nearby building and use it as a tower shield (come on, it only needs to stop arrows)   
|   You walk over to the door of the armor shop, and try to take it by the handle. The handle breaks off along with a sizeable chunk of door. You got a wooden buckler.   
Quote from: Boksi
   I attempt to gain the ability to use my "visual omnisensor" to see places I cannot see. You know, scrying. Preferably by trying to see fourth floor of the keep.   
|   No matter how hard you try, the ability either isn't there, or doesn't want to activate by the same method.   
------------      
NPC Actions:      
Quote from: Greeny elf
   This elf has pale green hair, and wields a longsword and a rather battered shield of wood. Abdomen slightly pierced by a coin. Head ringing. Morale failed, down on the ground, sobbing.   
   He stands up and tries to run away.   
|    As he tries to rise, andrea stomps him back into the ground with significant force. | He isn't harmed any further.   
Quote from: Shorty elf
   This one was wielding a shortsword, and is slightly shorter than the rest. His lower body and legs are torn.   
   The elf makes a desperate charge at Boksi, attempting to take his halberd.   
|    He leaps straight at Boksi, grabbing his halberd. | Boksi reacts with violent force, wrenching the halberd from him, and smiting him with it. | The elf is knocked over, but not seriously harmed.   
Quote from: Sneaky elf
   Rather dead at the moment.   
Quote from: Scary elf
   Dead. Beheaded in a rather messy way.   
Quote from: Limpy elf
   Dead. His past leg injury is not bothering him anymore.   

Quote from: Swordself 1
   This poor sod is carried by Frelock like a hunting trophy, impaled on a steel rung. He's unarmed and bleeding.   
   The elf mostly tries not to move, so as not to worsen his impaled condition.   
Quote from: Elfzilla 2
   This is a massive, ten meters high beast made of elven bodies. It's mindless now, but still driven by rage and desire for flesh. It is, for all intents and purposes, a giant elven flesh golem. Currently impaled on the wreckage of an apartment building. Left eye missing, a wooden splintery scimitar stuck into the socket. It has a -3 to dodge, -2 movement, but still +1 against all damage.   
|    It tries to punch Jay Kayell off of its chest, but fails to even raise its arm. | It's bleeding a bit less, and is still quite alive.   
Quote from: Keep Defenders
   The siege-operator dwarves fire at the beast again.   
|    They score a hit again. | The heavy bolt strikes the beast's leg, not doing any significant damage.   
------------      
Arrowfest! Only your luck will save you!      
andrea:|   An arrow suddenly hits you from behind! | Your splintmail saved you a few hundred dollars on a hospital bill.   
Boksi:|   You are not threatened.   
Frelock:|   No arrows fly in your direction.   
Jay Kayell:|   A stray arrow scores a glancing hit on your armor. | It leaves a barely noticeable scratch.   
chaoticag:|   You weren't hit by anything while running to the armor store.   
LASD:|   You dive out of the way of a swarm of arrows, straight into the keep's entrance, and sprain your right wrist after landing on the hard floor.   
Kashyyk:|   A whole barrage of arrows suddenly hits you like a shower! Your iron skin deflects them all, they fly into all directions! | Andrea took a hit | in the upper body, straight through the splint mail! | His left lung is pierced, he's bleeding badly and has trouble breathing. | Frelock avoided hits, but his shishkebob companion almost got turned into a pincushion. | Most arrows hit him sideways and didn't inflict damage beyond bruises and superficial cuts. | A spray of arrows weakly hit the green-haired elf, leaving a few cuts on him. | The short swordself, however, took a few hits | all over the body. Several arrows hit him in the upper and lower body, left arm, and the head. | He's bleeding awfully, but it doesn't look like any of his vital organs were damaged.   
Elfzilla 2:|   Deciding the beast is done for, the marskdwarves switched to firing at the approaching elven army instead. No arrows hit the beast.   
------------      
Status after turn:      
Boksi:      
Standing upright, out on the street beside the armor shop.      
Wearing a reddish-black jacket of Karl Moebius leather, underwear, and slightly torn jean shorts. Wielding a masterwork steel halberd.      
Head battered and bleeding. Abdomen bruised. Arms heavily bruised. Skin and flesh is of greyish color. Stunned. (-1 concentration)      
Abilities: Basic TK Manipulation.Basic TK Healing. Big Bully. Special status: Carbon Flesh Interweave. Can only speak goblin. Activated Visual Omnisensor.      
andrea:      
Standing upright out on the street beside the armor shop.      
Wearing underwear and fairly comfortable greyish trousers. Also wearing a armor set: -Iron splint-mail-, a shirt of leather, Bronze plated greaves, <<Iron high boots>>. Wielding a +Steel maul+.      
Upper body badly pierced. Left lung pierced, serious bleeding, breathing problems. In severe pain. (will have to make a save next turn)      
Abilities: Shrapnel Self. Basic TK Healing. Additional status: Blood Debt to God of War and Artifice.      
korora:      
Standing upright on the third floor of the keep.      
Wearing underwear, and makeshift bra-scarf clothing. Also wearing the armor set: <<+Iron breastplate+>>, a soft leather shirt, an Iron helmet, some hard leather greaves and -Aluminum high boots-.  Wielding an Iron handaxe in the right hand, and a -Black bronze warhammer- in the left.      
Legs and arms bruised.      
Abilities: Basic TK Healing (!).      
chaoticag:      
Standing upright, covered in vomity blood, in the armor shop.      
Wearing underwear. Wielding a useless chunk of wood that was the handle of his scimitar not long ago.      
Concussive damage to internal organs, large bruise on left upper arm. Bruised back.      
Abilities: Basic TK Healing.      
Gantolandon:      
Down on the floor of the cellar of the tavern.      
Wearing underwear and a thin silky sweater. Covered in dried vomit. Right foot covered with elven blood and brains. Holding a paperclip and a nice pair of white socks. Wielding an Iron dagger.      
Asleep. Face and most of the body bruised. Hands pierced by numerous splinters. Left wrist sprained. Nasty scratch along the head. Light bleeding.      
Abilities: Basic TK Healing(!).      
Frelock:      
Standing upright on the street near the armor shop.      
Wearing underwear. Holding a somewhat dirty <<*Giant cave spider silk robe*>>, and +hippo leather sandals+. Wielding an Steel Quarterstaff (with a bleeding swordself-kebob) and a -Small Iron throwing knife- as a backup weapon.      
Scratched leg, minor bleeding.      
Abilities: Slightly improved strength. Meagerly improved agility. Can be cautious while calm. Improved TK Healing II(!).      
Kashyyk:      
Standing upright on the street near the armor shop.      
Naked. Wielding a -Steel Greataxe- and a makeshift Willow Buckler.      
Flesh turned into iron, three arrows sticking out of abdomen, right leg, and left shoulder, but no serious damage is sustained.      
Abilities: Enrage Other. Enrage Self. Basic TK Healing. Special status: Activated Selective Translator. Steel scales. Extra: Rollerblades in the forearms.      
Rooster:      
Standing upright near the ruined temple.      
Wearing underwear. "Wears" illusion clothing (white garments, white robe) seen only by him.      
Unharmed.      
Abilities: Improved Intelligence. Basic TK Healing. Power of Trickery (+). Special status: Blessing of Peace. Invisible. Beast Within. Extra: Doesn't know who he is, and calls himself Red.      
LASD:      
Down on the floor of the keep.      
Wearing underwear, and a white/pink/yellow suit and top hat made of underwear. Also wearing the armor set: <<+Iron chain Cuirass+>>, -Iron chain gloves-, Iron chain greaves, and Iron low boots. Wielding a *Aluminum tower shield*      
Battered head and upper body(back). Bruised left foot. Sprained right wrist.      
Abilities: Power of Peace. Special status: Peacekeeper.      
Jay Kayell:      
Out on the street, standing on top of Elfzilla.      
Wearing purple stretchy shorts. Useless shreds of underwear on right arm. Wielding a +Iron flanged mace+. The armor is armed with a collection of axes and swords, and its steel fists as well.      
Unharmed.      
Abilities: Novice Wrestler. Basic TK Healing. Blood of the Blood God. Blood Rage. Special status: Wearing Improved Corpse-steel power armor.      
---------      
Environment:      
Tavern:   Two-floor building. The door is blown out, the doorframe is torn out as well. Amid the room is a large barricade of broken furniture, elven corpses and trash. Half of the building's roof is gone, most of it is now smashed into the floor. A large hole is broken into the storage cellar. Another hole is busted through the building's wall. There're some weapons stuck into the first floor's ceiling. The building houses your enter/exit point.   
Human/Dwarven Capital:   Large city on the outskirts of hell knows where. Holds a modest amount of homes, from hovels to two-floor apartment buildings, a set of shops, a temple, and a keep. Currently being surrounded by a verily horde of elves. The dwarves are mounting a large defence using siege engines atop the keep.   
Food store:   Square one-floor building with long tables laden with salted and fried meats of all kinds. There's a single wide table at the far end, with a chest on top of it. There's a mighty fine hole broken through the ceiling.   
Cloth store:   Rolls of cloth and various cloth, silk, and leather articles of clothing are on the many shelves inside this building. There's a single wide table at the far end, with a chest on top of it. The entire building is barely standing, most of its roof is collapsed. There's a pile of elf-paste near the building, and some elven corpses.   
Armor store:   Everywhere in the shop various pieces of armor are thrown about, shields of different sizes litter the floor, and arrayed under the now-broken shelves and tables are enough various boots to outfit a battalion. At the far end of the building, there is a single wide table. The heavy chest is on the floor, broken, a large supplement of coins from it now covers the floor.   
The Keep:   Large four-floor building. The first floor is almost devoid of furniture. A lot of civilians are huddled together in groups all over the floor. At least a dozen and a half guards are also there. The second floor is a massive stockpile of wood, metal, and stone. Dwarves constantly lug the materials to the upper floors. The roof of the keep is fortified with ballistae and catapults.   
The Temple:   Tall and proud, beautiful building of white marble, a solid first floor surrounded by columns is supporting several ring-shaped floors held up by beautiful marble supports. A deep pool of shiny, clear water can be seen inside the building. Well, it probably was like that. The entire thing has recently tried to rise up in mighty wrath as a gigantic statue of a carp, but failed miserably and broke to pieces.   
------------      
Background: [4]   The rain is now gaining strength, it's getting a little cold outside. In the keep, korora can feel that the key is still higher.   

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 409