Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404125 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Multiworld Madness. Runs RTD Extended 1.3.
« Reply #645 on: September 15, 2008, 11:49:47 am »

Main rolls over...  Time for a spoiler! The dwarves are now probably planning their own version of a popular TV show, called in their variant "Mountainhomes' Funniest Home Engravings". You people attracted quite a crowd. (Remember Kashyyk last turn?) Also, I suspect the amount of elves near the armor shop will actually increase next turn, barring any [1]'s in NPC actions. Boksi found out this universe's friendly fire rules work for nondamaging abilities too.

Aand that's all for now. On to the other phase of the turn!
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: September 15, 2008, 11:55:56 am »

probably boksi scared me then... :( or someone else . there are several players here at the shop. i hope i killed the 3 elves... so i can run to the keep the -1 doesn't help much.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: September 15, 2008, 12:10:49 pm »

with my help hopefullly, but knowing my luck I tripped fell on a splinter that managed to get ints way through my metal skin and punctured all my organs.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: September 15, 2008, 12:11:48 pm »

it happens often. in many parts of the world this name is female, and in italy(where i live) can also be used in both ways: male and female.
Well, my real name is Lassi, which resembles greatly lassie and lass. This makes it seem very feminine to most native english-speakers. However, in Finland Lassi can't be a girl's name at all.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: September 15, 2008, 12:15:38 pm »

Come on Sean!!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: September 15, 2008, 12:45:41 pm »

Alright, this is our 20th turn anniversary (heh), and I really want to think I didn't forget anything important.

------------      
Turn 20      
------------      
Quote from: Kashyyk
   I run out of the keep towards where Andrea is, to injure the elves so he can kill them (help him in other words)   
|   You run out of the keep to the armor shop, but it's all over when you get there.   
Quote from: Boksi
   I guess I'll just scare the elves then. Hopefully they'll be distracted so andrea can kill them easily.   
|   Looking really menacing and intimidating, you approach the green-haired swordself. He tries to stand still, but suddenly panics and tries to run away. He stumbles on the lying injured swordself, and tumbles forward. He's dazed. The scar-faced bow-elf doesn't look too calm either. (These two get -1 morale to all rolls)   
Quote from: andrea
   i try to bash the elves to death    
|   Suddenly the pain from your injuries overcomes you, and you fall to your knees, fighting it. | You keep yourself conscious, but you're dazed by the pain.   
Quote from: Rooster
   I try to figure out where the temple might be and I head there, while concentrating on my Invisibility   
|   You find out that you don’t have to concentrate on invisibility to keep it up as you walk out of the shop. Surveying the surroundings, you notice a plume of smoke rising up not far away. You head in that direction. After a while, you come to what seems to be the temple. It's a beutiful building of white marble, a solid first floor surrounded by columns is supporting several ring-shaped floors held up by beautiful marble supports. A deep pool of shiny, clear water can be seen inside the building. Well, it probably was like that. A large brigade of elves has run over the place. The top two floors are toppled, and the marble ruins have fallen into the pool. The pool itself is red with blood, numerous corpses, that you can only assume are of slain priests, are floating in it. The solid walls are too hard for the elves to knock down, so they have destroyed several nearby hovels and have brought the furniture and broken logs, and lit them on fire inside and all around the building, thinking fire will destroy it. The whole place is a very sad sight. Many awfully happy elves are gathered around the burning building.   
Quote from: Jay Kayell
   I look around on the top three floors to try and find the key.   
|   A mere four steps up the stairs, you stumble upon a piece of wood that fell from the second floor, and tumble down, armor and all, | though you don't suffer any harm. The constant falling off the stair has gathered a small crowd of humans and dwarves. They chuckle slightly at your futile attempts.   
Quote from: LASD
   I enter the keep through the hole while avoiding conflict with the elf group.   
|   You try to walk out through the hole, but since Boksi is near it, you had to look at him to make him let you pass. He turns to you, and you are very much scared of his look. You panic! Running back into the shop, you slip on the numerous coins on the floor. | You fall hard on your back. Your back and head are battered. You are dazed.   
Quote from: korora
   I'll go to the top of the keep.   
|   Another one bites the marble dust… You fail to ascend the stairs, probably because of Chaoticag sitting on you. You tumble down, but don't hurt yourself too much.   
Quote from: chaoticag
   I ride korora to the top of the keep    
|   You manage to jump off korora's back as he tumbled down. You're standing on the staircase.   
Quote from: Gantolandon
   I try to fortify the cellar against an incoming attack. I can use it as a hideout for guerilla warfare.    
|   You don't manage to wake yourself up to do anything. After a while you come to your senses, but are too dizzy to do anything.   
Quote from: Frelock
   I grab my quarterstaff, attempting to do as much damage while wrenching it out of the elf as possible, and then run over to the armor shop to heal andrea and myself next turn.   
|   Your meager strength training didn't help you pull the rung out of the elf's body. You tried again, this time standing on top of him. At this moment, the elf suddenly comes to life and stabs at you with his shortsword! | You react with lightning speed, using the rung as support for a rather gymnastic backflip. This drives the makeshift quarterstaff completely through and out the other side of the elf's body. | He still manages to stay alive. Marvelling at the elf's survival skills, you take away his sword and carry him on the rung like a trophy back to the armor shop. (you're outside until the next turn starts)   
------------      
NPC Actions:      
Quote from: Greeny elf
   This elf has pale green hair, and wields a longsword and a rather battered shield of wood. Abdomen slightly pierced by a coin. Dazed.   
   The elf tries to help the injured swordself get up.   
|    His attempts seem to greatly increase the pain of the wounded. In any case, his face seems to be saying "You bloody hell better put me down or you'll be worse off than me".   
Quote from: Shorty elf
   This one wields a shortsword, and is slightly shorter than the rest. His legs are torn, but bandaged. His lower body is torn.   
   With the "help" of the green-haired leader, the elf tries to limp away.   
|    Overexerting himself, he walks to the cover of some bushes nearby. His bandages have fallen from his legs and his bleeding intensified. | He faints and is unconscious, but still seems to be alive.   
Quote from: Sneaky elf
   Rather dead at the moment.   
Quote from: Scary elf
   This elf's face has obviously seen better days, it's scarred all over. He has a longbow. Scratched right arm, superficial cuts on the back.   
   He runs to the cover of the large bush the other two are hiding in.   
|    But he steps on a broken arrow, and it pierces his foot through his shoe! | It's a hole alright, and it's bleeding, but he can still walk with that. (-1 agility dodge)   
Quote from: Limpy elf
   Dead. ;D His past leg injury is not bothering him anymore. :D   

Quote from: Swordself 1
   This poor sod is carried by Frelock like a hunting trophy, impaled on an iron rung. He's unarmed and heavily bleeding.   
   Unaware of his fate, the elf tries to call on nature's powers to heal his wounds.   
|    The force of rivers answers his call. His body is mostly healed, his bleeding has stopped, but he's dizzy from the blood loss now, and he still has this inconvenient rung stuck through him.   
Quote from: Elfzilla 2
   This is a massive, ten meters high beast made of elven bodies. It's mindless now, but still driven by rage and desire for flesh. It is, for all intents and purposes, a giant elven flesh golem. It has a -2 to dodge, but +1 against all damage.   
|    Having satisfied its desire for revenge for now, the beast turns to the keep! It hollers like a fog siren, leaving everyone's ears ringing, and pounces onto the roof of the keep! | The ballista operators failed to react in time. The beast lands onto the keep, its massive claws tearing through the stone! The first floor is intact still, and the keep is built to weather a lot of storms, so it holds... for now.   
Next turn, keep ballistae will roll to hit the thing.      
------------      
Arrowfest! Only your luck will save you!      
andrea:|   The arrows are still afraid of you. Being afraid of Boksi as well, they decide to look for luck in the nearby bushes.   
Boksi:|   One arrow was bold (or blind) enough to fly close to you and scratch you along the arm. | You don't even feel it.   
Frelock:|   Having no other use for the elf, you decide to carry him in such a way so as to cover you from arrows. This works. At least two arrows strike the elf as you walk to the shop.   
Swordelf 1:|   His right leg and right shoulder are badly pierced, he's bleeding again, but it's not a dangerous wound by far.   
Greeny elf:|   An arrow flew dangerously close to him and tore a bit of his left ear off. He cries in pain.   
Shorty elf:|   Deciding this one's had enough for now, the arrows leave him alone.   
Scary elf:|   He was scratched by a passing arrow and got another sliced wound on his face. If he survives (which is unlikely) he'll have one more scar in his collection.   
Elfzilla 2:|   The archers are still concentrating their fire on the Elfzilla, only now it's less the elven archers, and more marksdwarves joining the action. | It's still not enough to harm EZ seriously.   
------------      
Status after turn:      
Boksi:      
Standing upright out on the street beside the armor shop.      
Wearing a reddish-black jacket of Karl Moebius leather, underwear, and slightly torn jean shorts. Wielding a masterwork steel halberd.      
Head battered and bleeding. Abdomen bruised. Arms heavily bruised. Skin and flesh is of greyish color. Stunned. (-1 concentration)      
Abilities: Basic TK Manipulation.Basic TK Healing. Big Bully. Special status: Carbon Flesh Interweave. Can only speak goblin. Activated Visual Omnisensor.      
andrea:      
Standing upright out on the street beside the armor shop.      
Wearing underwear and fairly comfortable greyish trousers. Also wearing a armor set: -Iron splint-mail-, a shirt of leather, Bronze plated greaves, <<Iron high boots>>. Wielding a +Steel maul+.      
Head and Left arm battered. A few ribs on both sides cracked, one broken. Body and all limbs battered. Several large wooden splinters in left leg. Minor bleeding. Dazed.      
Abilities: Shrapnel Self. Basic TK Healing. Additional status: Blood Debt to God of War and Artifice.      
korora:      
Standing upright on the staircase between the first and second floor of the keep.      
Wearing underwear, and makeshift bra-scarf clothing. Also wearing the armor set: <<+Iron breastplate+>>, a soft leather shirt, an Iron helmet, some hard leather greaves and -Aluminum high boots-.  Wielding an Iron handaxe in the right hand, and a -Black bronze warhammer- in the left.      
Legs and arms bruised.      
Abilities: Basic TK Healing (!).      
chaoticag:      
Down on the floor in the keep, on the first floor.      
Wearing underwear. Wielding a cracked +Ashen Scimitar of Splinters+.      
Concussive damage to internal organs, large bruise on left upper arm. Bruised back.      
Abilities: Basic TK Healing.      
Gantolandon:      
Standing upright in the cellar of the tavern.      
Wearing underwear and a thin silky sweater. Covered in dried vomit. Right foot covered with elven blood and brains. Holding a paperclip and a nice pair of white socks. Wielding an Iron dagger.      
Unconscious. Face and most of the body bruised. Hands pierced by numerous splinters. Left wrist sprained. Nasty scratch along the head. Light bleeding.      
Abilities: Basic TK Healing(!).      
Frelock:      
Standing upright in the armor shop.      
Wearing underwear. Holding a somewhat dirty <<*Giant cave spider silk robe*>>, and +hippo leather sandals+. Wielding an Iron Quarterstaff (with a bleeding swordself-kebob) and a -Small Iron throwing knife- as a backup weapon.      
Sprained ankle. (-1 agility dodge)      
Abilities: Slightly improved strength. Meagerly improved agility. Can be cautious while calm. Improved TK Healing II.      
Kashyyk:      
Standing upright in the armor shop.      
Naked. Wielding a -Steel Greataxe-.      
Flesh turned into iron, but otherwise unharmed.      
Abilities: Enrage Other. Enrage Self. Basic TK Healing. Special status: Activated Selective Translator. Steel scales. Extra: Rollerblades in the forearms.      
Rooster:      
Standing upright near the ruined temple.      
Wearing underwear. "Wears" illusion clothing (white garments, white robe) seen only by him.      
Unharmed.      
Abilities: Improved Intelligence. Basic TK Healing. Power of Trickery (+). Special status: Blessing of Peace. Invisible. Beast Within. Extra: Doesn't know who he is, and calls himself Red.      
LASD:      
Down on the floor in the armor shop.      
Wearing underwear, and a white/pink/yellow suit and top hat made of underwear. Also wearing the armor set: <<+Iron chain Cuirass+>>, -Iron chain gloves-, Iron chain greaves, and Iron low boots. Wielding a *Aluminum tower shield*      
Battered head and upper body(back). Bruised left foot.      
Abilities: Power of Peace. Special status: Peacekeeper.      
Jay Kayell:      
Down on the floor of the keep, the first floor of the keep.      
Wearing purple stretchy shorts. Useless shreds of underwear on right arm. Wielding a +Iron flanged mace+. The armor is armed with a collection of axes and swords, and its steel fists as well.      
Unharmed.      
Abilities: Novice Wrestler. Basic TK Healing. Blood of the Blood God. Blood Rage. Special status: Wearing Improved Corpse-steel power armor.      
---------      
Environment:      
Tavern:   Two-floor building. The door is blown out, the doorframe is torn out as well. Amid the room is a large barricade of broken furniture, elven corpses and trash. Half of the building's roof is gone, most of it is now smashed into the floor. A large hole is broken into the storage cellar. Another hole is busted through the building's wall. There're some weapons stuck into the first floor's ceiling. The building houses your enter/exit point.   
Human/Dwarven Capital:   Large city on the outskirts of hell knows where. Holds a modest amount of homes, from hovels to two-floor apartment buildings, a set of shops, a temple, and a keep. Currently being surrounded by a verily horde of elves. The dwarves are mounting a large defence using siege engines atop the keep.   
Food store:   Square one-floor building with long tables laden with salted and fried meats of all kinds. There's a single wide table at the far end, with a chest on top of it. There's a mighty fine hole broken through the ceiling.   
Cloth store:   Rolls of cloth and various cloth, silk, and leather articles of clothing are on the many shelves inside this building. There's a single wide table at the far end, with a chest on top of it. The entire building is barely standing, most of its roof is collapsed. There's a pile of elf-paste near the building, and some elven corpses.   
Armor store:   Everywhere in the shop various pieces of armor are thrown about, shields of different sizes litter the floor, and arrayed under the now-broken shelves and tables are enough various boots to outfit a battalion. At the far end of the building, there is a single wide table. The heavy chest is on the floor, broken, a large supplement of coins from it now covers the floor.   
The Keep:   Large four-floor building. The first floor is almost devoid of furniture. A lot of civilians are huddled together in groups all over the floor. At least a dozen and a half guards are also there. The roof of the keep is fortified with ballistae and catapults.   
The Temple:   Tall and proud, beautiful building of white marble, a solid first floor surrounded by columns is supporting several ring-shaped floors held up by beautiful marble supports. A deep pool of shiny, clear water can be seen inside the building. Well, it probably was like that. A large brigade of elves has run over the place. The top two floors are toppled, and the marble ruins have fallen into the pool. The pool itself is red with blood, numerous corpses, that you can only assume are of slain priests, are floating in it. The solid walls are too hard for the elves to knock down, so they have destroyed several nearby hovels and have brought the furniture and broken logs, and lit them on fire inside and all around the building, thinking fire will destroy it. The whole place is a very sad sight. Many awfully happy elves are gathered around the burning building.   
------------      
Background: [3]   What little glimpses of the second floor you could get make you believe it was turned into a stockpile of wood and stone. Rainclouds have covered the sky.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 01:10:00 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: September 15, 2008, 12:57:23 pm »

i crush the heads of the eves under my might hammer(maul)!!

more elves might come, but i have the feeling that going to the keep might not be safe at the moment.

rooster, you have to become enraged and attack elfzilla.

elfzilla vs hulk

korora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: September 15, 2008, 12:58:11 pm »

Looks like you forgot to close one of the alt-text tags again, Sean. 

Also, I totally missed the stairs being broken (and can't find it)... when did that happen?  And why did I get -1?
DFPaint, a cross-platform 'screenbuilder' utility

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: September 15, 2008, 01:00:58 pm »

I try to invoke my power of fertile imagination again, to dream me up a good armor. The adamantine one for example.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: September 15, 2008, 01:05:10 pm »

Aiiee!! Everybody wait, I'll retcon the turn. :-\

Before Kashyyk posted in the previous turn, his AI action was acsending the stairs, he fell and broke them, and I kept it.

Alright, the edited turn is up. Not much changed, anyway. Chaoticag no longer has a sprained wrist, and korora is standing on the stairs.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 01:13:06 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: September 15, 2008, 01:06:02 pm »

gantolandon, do you mine if i join you in the cellar later?
i don't feel like walking toward elfzilla to reach the keep.

also, we could make a underground tunnel between the tavern and the keep.. will be useful after we manage to get the key.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: September 15, 2008, 01:09:05 pm »

Is there a lot of blood on Elfzilla?
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: September 15, 2008, 01:11:57 pm »

gantolandon, do you mine if i join you in the cellar later?
i don't feel like walking toward elfzilla to reach the keep.

also, we could make a underground tunnel between the tavern and the keep.. will be useful after we manage to get the key.

Good idea. Just try not to bring elves with you ;)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: September 15, 2008, 01:14:53 pm »

Yes, JK, all those arrows caused a lot of bleeding, but it's negligible for that thing.

korora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: September 15, 2008, 01:16:47 pm »

OK, I guess I'll try to finish what I started last turn and complete my ascent.  This probably means I'll be fighting the Elfzilla sooner rather than later.

Hopefully I'll go up sans rider this time...
DFPaint, a cross-platform 'screenbuilder' utility
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 409