Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404148 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Multiworld Madness. Runs RTD Extended 1.3.
« Reply #615 on: September 15, 2008, 03:57:36 am »

Sorry for the enormous delay, folks, too much RL garbage to sort through. :)

An interesting turn, but nothing TOO spectacular yet. ;)

------------      
Turn 19      
------------      
Quote from: chaoticag
   I look out the arrowslits, surveying the suroundings.   
|   You find an arrowslit and look into it. For a moment you don't see anything. The next moment an arrow flies straight into the arrowslit! | Whew that was close. You managed to react in time, and the arrow flew past you, striking one of the support pillars.   
Quote from: Gantolandon
   Cellar! I search for some bewerages as vigorously I can in my poor state...    
|   You don't manage to wake yourself up. You're still lying on the meat pile, which might be dangerous with the hungry beast roaming around. (only -1 to next turn)   
Quote from: Boksi
   I help andrea.   
|   You run out of the keep, but don't manage to get to the shop in time.   
Quote from: andrea
   "I attack the elves, at the same time speaking this speech:""i can't remember who i am, i can't remember how it all started, i don't know how i came here.
i am stuck in this multiworld puzzle with people that could be my best friends as well as my worst enemyes. i probably have an house and a family waiting for me, but instead of being at home, with a wife and an hot meal for dinner i arrived here in a war. and now i am wounded, on the ground and you try to kill me! i don't know why you are fighting, and i don't know if there are people for which i should be fighting, but if i die i will never know the truth.
you will never stop me!!DIE ELVES!!!"""   
|   You feel your rage inside you burning. You suddenly stand, proud and tall, as if towering above the elves as you say your speech. Focusing your power and strength, you leap high into the air, your heavy steel maul above your head shining dimly in the few rays of sunlight. Defying gravity for a moment, you pause at the peak of your leap, focus again, and hollering in a terrible voice "DIIIIEEEEE EEELLLLVVVEESSS!!", you SMASH you maul into the ground before the elven leader. The ground crackles and explodes into sharp splinters of stone that hit every elf in the group!   
Spirit maul overdrive! Dodge dodge dodge!      
Greeny elf:|   The leader jumps up as you smash the ground before him, evading all of the jagged splinters. However, having overestimated the distance to the shop, he jumped too far and hit the building wall. He falls on his back, unharmed but slightly dazed.   
Shorty elf:|   The short swordself dives sideways to avoid the splinters, but a few still find their way into his legs and abdomen. He's down on the ground, bleeding, and can't move too fast.   
Sneaky elf:|   Too busy contemplating the loss of his eye, the usually wary elf completely missed the coming onslaught. Only his luck saved him, as several splinters aimed at his chest were deflected by his sword, but he's got serious leg damage and bleeding, and his shortsword is broken.   
Scary elf:|   Lots of scars show that this elf is able to deal with hard situations. He quickly rolls backwards, getting only a few superficial injuries on the back.   
Limpy elf:|   Unable to move as fast due to leg damage, Limpy the elf got most of the sharp stone shards for himself. His legs are heavily torn, his bow is broken, and there are torn wounds all over the front of his body. | He slowly collapses to his knees, then falls down and becomes silent.   
   As you stand up and survey the damage, you feel pleased, but not altogether satisfied. One kill, two injuries, two unharmed. As you weigh you maul in your hand, approaching Greeny the elf team leader, Boksi finally appears on the scene.   
Quote from: korora
   Now that I'm in the keep, I look around, being careful to note when the band pulses.   
|   You start walking around the keep, trying to notice pulsations of the band. Having surveyed the entire first floor, you start ascending up the stairway to the second. Suddenly something distracts you, and you get tripped by some worker dwarf running with a large log. You tumble down the stairway, | getting bruises all over your hands and legs in the process, and finally come to a stop at the bottom. Despite the unsuccessful trip upstairs, you know now - whatever the band guides you to is up on the top of the keep.   
Quote from: Frelock
   I heal myself and andrea (he and I are both outside, right?) as I wait for the elf to stand up (you don't hit a guy while he's down, even if he happens to be a no-good-basket-weaving-berry-eating-tree-hugging-cannibal-hippie elf).   
   Outside big. You small. :P Too far away, in other words.   
|   Well, that didn't work. You couldn't concentrate enough to use TK to heal yourself.   
Quote from: LASD
   I pick up a shield that is as large and sturdy as possible, but also light enough for me to maneuver properly.   
|   Looking through the rubble you just caused, you spot a big rectangular piece of metal that looks to be a shield. You come closer, pick it up, and examine it. It's an *Aluminum Tower Shield*. Light, sturdy, and large enough to cover from arrows. (Grants extra roll to deflect ranged and melee attacks)   
Quote from: Jay Kayell
   I make a shield out of one of the doors.    
|   You walk towards the doors and try to pick one door up, but one of the guarding dwarves firmly pushes you away from them. You back off, not wanting to start a conflict.   
Quote from: Rooster
   I try to learn the ability "whatever happens when I fail the roll to prevent enraging I try to control it    
|   Through a combination of concentration, imagination, divine intervention and raw intelligence, you receive this image: A large, green, positively angry short-haired brute wearing purple shorts. You're not sure what to make of it, but you're pretty sure it cannot be consciously controlled.   
Quote from: Kashyyk
   I try to make my metal Skin to ecome harder, giving me a better defense bonus.    
|   You concentrate on your metal body, calling upon powers of the unknown, willing your body to become impervious to damage. You feel changes happening to you, but keep the concentration up. When the feeling of change has stopped, you open your eyes and examine yourself. Your entire body is now covered in tiny hardened steel scales. It gives you a rather creepy look, but it greatly increases your defence against damage. (specifically, +1 against cutting and piercing)   
------------      
NPC Actions:      
Quote from: Greeny elf
   This elf has pale green hair, and wields a longsword and shield of wood. Abdomen slightly pierced by a coin. Dazed.   
   The elf stands up and attacks the first target in his view - Boksi!   
|    His sword high, his shield ready the elf charges at Boksi, striking at him with lightning speed! | Taking no chances, Boksi spins his halberd above his head, and throws it towards the charging elf! | Unbelieveably, the elf smites the spinning halberd with his shield, sending it flying back at Boksi! | Boksi attempts to catch the halberd, but it strikes him in the lower body! | Luckily, the halberd was spinning and hit Boksi flat-side, with a mighty SLAP! Boksi is stunned, and his abdomen is bruised, but manages to take his halberd again.   
Quote from: Shorty elf
   This one wields a shortsword, and is slightly shorter than the rest. His legs and lower body are torn and bleeding.   
   The elf tries to care for his wounds using natural skill and his clothing.   
|    He tears up his clothing, and bandages the wounds on his legs, but his abdomen is still torn and bleeding, he hasn't got the materials to do the bandaging.   
Quote from: Sneaky elf
   This one also has a shortsword, and looks around warily as he walks. Eye poked out by a coin. Legs heavily torn and badly bleeding.   
   The elf attempts to crawl into a safe spot.   
|    He's unable to move, and his efforts have worsened his bleeding. | He's still holding though.   
Quote from: Scary elf
   This elf's face has obviously seen better days, it's scarred all over. He has a longbow. Scratched right arm, superficial cuts on the back.   
   The elf gets up and shoots an arrow at andrea.   
|    He stands up and shoots an arrow, but his aim is off. | Andrea sidesteps the shot, but the arrow still grazes his shoulder. | The armor deflects the hit.   
Quote from: Limpy elf
   Dead. ;D His past leg injury is not bothering him anymore. :D   

Quote from: Swordself 1
   This is the guy beside Frelock at the cloth shop. Dazed. He wields a shortsword.   
   The elf leaps at Frelock!   
|    He lunges forward, but Frelock holds his quarterstaff in front of him, and the elf impales himself on it. He's bleeding badly. | He's not mortally wounded, but being stuck on someone else's pole is probably very uncomfortable. (-1 moving, agility, and speed)   
Quote from: Elfzilla 2
   This is a massive, ten meters high beast made of elven bodies. It's mindless now, but still driven by rage and desire for flesh. It is, for all intents and purposes, a giant elven flesh golem. It has a -2 to dodge, but +1 against all damage.   
|    The beast hollers in fury, enraged at the archers firing at it, and jumps on a large group of elves!   
Incomiiiing!: {3}   The elves barely manage to scatter, but at least four are crushed, and three more are shortly devoured by the beast.   
------------      
Arrowfest! Only your luck will save you!      
andrea:|   The arrows are afraid of you now. They don't dare approach the airspace around you. They fly towards Boksi instead.   
Boksi:|   You give the arrows your menacing look. They are shocked, veer off course and fall harmlessly onto the ground. (Your menacing intimidation ability will be active for the next turn)   
Frelock:|   You spot a nice cluster of arrows and shove the poor impaled elf right into their path! You don't manage to maintain your grip on the quarterstaff and it remains stuck in the elf.   
Swordelf 1:|   Several arrows find their way into the juicy flesh of the swordself. Two hit him in the body, one pierced his left arm, and one struck him in the left leg, breaking his knee. He's bleeding very badly. | Although he falls to the ground, there's still a bit of life left in his body.   
Greeny elf:|   No arrows hit him this time.   
Shorty elf:|   Neither was Shorty hurt any further.   
Sneaky elf:|   As he tries to crawl away, an arrow hits him straight in the back, causing severe internal damage. | He dies on the spot.   
Scary elf:|   Scary was unharmed.   
Elfzilla 2:|   The archers focus their fire on the beast, hoping to hit a vital organ, if it even has one. | Enraged at them, the beast pummels them with its fist, crushing three. Its fist is now bruised. :D   
------------      
Status after turn:      
Boksi:      
Standing upright and menacing, out on the street beside the armor shop.      
Wearing a reddish-black jacket of Karl Moebius leather, underwear, and slightly torn jean shorts. Wielding a masterwork steel halberd.      
Head battered and bleeding. Abdomen bruised. Arms heavily bruised. Skin and flesh is of greyish color. Stunned. (-1 concentration)      
Abilities: Basic TK Manipulation.Basic TK Healing. Big Bully. Special status: Carbon Flesh Interweave. Can only speak goblin. Activated Visual Omnisensor.      
andrea:      
Standing upright out on the street beside the armor shop.      
Wearing underwear and fairly comfortable greyish trousers. Also wearing a armor set: -Iron splint-mail-, a shirt of leather, Bronze plated greaves, <<Iron high boots>>. Wielding a +Steel maul+.      
Head and Left arm battered. A few ribs on both sides cracked, one broken. Body and all limbs battered. Several large wooden splinters in left leg. Minor bleeding. In pain. (will have to make a save with +1)      
Abilities: Shrapnel Self. Basic TK Healing. Additional status: Blood Debt to God of War and Artifice.      
korora:      
Standing upright on the first floor of the keep.      
Wearing underwear, and makeshift bra-scarf clothing. Also wearing the armor set: <<+Iron breastplate+>>, a soft leather shirt, an Iron helmet, some hard leather greaves and -Aluminum high boots-.  Wielding an Iron handaxe in the right hand, and a -Black bronze warhammer- in the left.      
Legs and arms bruised.      
Abilities: Basic TK Healing (!).      
chaoticag:      
Standing upright in the keep, on the first floor.      
Wearing underwear. Wielding a cracked +Ashen Scimitar of Splinters+.      
Concussive damage to internal organs, large bruise on left upper arm. Bruised back.      
Abilities: Basic TK Healing.      
Gantolandon:      
Down on the pile of meat in the cellar of the tavern.      
Wearing underwear and a thin silky sweater. Covered in dried vomit. Right foot covered with elven blood and brains. Holding a paperclip and a nice pair of white socks. Wielding an Iron dagger.      
Unconscious. Face and most of the body bruised. Hands pierced by numerous splinters. Left wrist sprained. Nasty scratch along the head. Light bleeding.      
Abilities: Basic TK Healing(!).      
Frelock:      
Standing upright near the ruined cloth shop.      
Wearing underwear. Holding a somewhat dirty <<*Giant cave spider silk robe*>>, and +hippo leather sandals+. Wielding a -Small Iron throwing knife-.      
Sprained ankle. (-1 agility dodge)      
Abilities: Slightly improved strength. Meagerly improved agility. Can be cautious while calm. Improved TK Healing II.      
Kashyyk:      
Standing upright in the keep, on the first floor.      
Naked. Wielding a -Steel Greataxe-.      
Flesh turned into iron, but otherwise unharmed.      
Abilities: Enrage Other. Enrage Self. Basic TK Healing. Special status: Activated Selective Translator. Steel scales. Extra: Rollerblades in the forearms.      
Rooster:      
Standing upright in the food store.      
Wearing underwear. "Wears" illusion clothing (white garments, white robe) seen only by him.      
Unharmed.      
Abilities: Improved Intelligence. Basic TK Healing. Power of Trickery (+). Special status: Blessing of Peace. Invisible. Beast Within. Extra: Doesn't know who he is, and calls himself Red.      
LASD:      
Standing upright in the armor shop.      
Wearing underwear, and a white/pink/yellow suit and top hat made of underwear. Also wearing the armor set: <<+Iron chain Cuirass+>>, -Iron chain gloves-, Iron chain greaves, and Iron low boots. Wielding a *Aluminum tower shield*      
Bruised left foot.      
Abilities: Power of Peace. Special status: Peacekeeper.      
Jay Kayell:      
Standing upright in morbid corpse-steel powered armor, on the first floor of the keep.      
Wearing purple stretchy shorts. Useless shreds of underwear on right arm. Wielding a +Iron flanged mace+. The armor is armed with a collection of axes and swords, and its steel fists as well.      
Unharmed.      
Abilities: Novice Wrestler. Basic TK Healing. Blood of the Blood God. Blood Rage. Special status: Wearing Improved Corpse-steel power armor.      
---------      
Environment:      
Tavern:   Two-floor building. The door is blown out, the doorframe is torn out as well. Amid the room is a large barricade of broken furniture, elven corpses and trash. Half of the building's roof is gone, most of it is now smashed into the floor. A large hole is broken into the storage cellar. Another hole is busted through the building's wall. There're some weapons stuck into the first floor's ceiling. The building houses your enter/exit point.   
Human/Dwarven Capital:   Large city on the outskirts of hell knows where. Holds a modest amount of homes, from hovels to two-floor apartment buildings, a set of shops, a temple, and a keep. Currently being surrounded by a verily horde of elves. The dwarves are mounting a large defence using siege engines atop the keep.   
Food store:   Square one-floor building with long tables laden with salted and fried meats of all kinds. There's a single wide table at the far end, with a chest on top of it. There's a mighty fine hole broken through the ceiling.   
Cloth store:   Rolls of cloth and various cloth, silk, and leather articles of clothing are on the many shelves inside this building. There's a single wide table at the far end, with a chest on top of it. The entire building is barely standing, most of its roof is collapsed. There's a pile of elf-paste near the building, and some elven corpses.   
Armor store:   Everywhere in the shop various pieces of armor are thrown about, shields of different sizes litter the floor, and arrayed under the now-broken shelves and tables are enough various boots to outfit a battalion. At the far end of the building, there is a single wide table. The heavy chest is on the floor, broken, a large supplement of coins from it now covers the floor.   
The Keep:   Large four-floor building. The first floor is almost devoid of furniture. A lot of civilians are huddled together in groups all over the floor. At least a dozen and a half guards are also there. The roof of the keep is fortified with ballistae and catapults.   
------------      
Background: [1]   Nothing at all new this turn, other than what korora found.   
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 04:47:47 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 15, 2008, 04:19:45 am »

it still says :"-1 to non violent actions till 4 more elves are killed" but... didn't i kill an elf this turn?

his eyes were red and his soul annd body were full of the rage of the dwarven gods. he had to kill the elves, even if it meant his death. he take a step forward, raise the maul over his head and get ready to kill the elves or to die while trying

i try to bash the elves to death

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: September 15, 2008, 04:47:18 am »

Yep. I'll fix it now.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: September 15, 2008, 06:10:20 am »

umm ok a turn finally  ;D

first:
I try to figure out where the temple might be and I head there, while concentrating on my Invisibility
second:
I invent a slingshot or a crossbow "thingy" from nearby trash  8) and after that I do some ammo for it

Could you explain when my bonuses activate?
i think that IQ- inventing thinking logic imagination and stuff
blessing of peace- when I don't want to harm anybody?

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 15, 2008, 06:18:39 am »

Damn dwarves...

I look around on the top three floors to try and find the key.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 06:20:47 am by Jay Kayell »
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 15, 2008, 06:24:15 am »

Rooster, your blessing of peace works every time you do a non-violent action, that is any action that is not done through excessive use of force. Kicking a door down instead of opening it otherwise is violent. Attacking anyone is violent. As for the IQ bonus - it works for intelligence, that means mental endurance (not strength) for classic DnD spells, or trying to find a way out of a trap, or figuring out a riddle (though your own intelligence may serve you better here :)). They both worked for trying to understand your new power, for example.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: September 15, 2008, 06:33:02 am »

3 elves to go... and 3 elves in front of me.

if anyone want to help, heal me or help me with the roll. but don't attack the elves. please.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: September 15, 2008, 07:33:17 am »

I enter the keep through the hole while avoiding conflict with the elf group. (I understood the hole was quite near the armor shop.)

I wish I had been able to persuade Limpy to join me. Then he might still be alive.

P.S. Activated Selective Translator has a spelling mistake, it reads 'uderstand'

korora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: September 15, 2008, 07:36:59 am »

I'll go to the top of the keep.
DFPaint, a cross-platform 'screenbuilder' utility

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 15, 2008, 08:11:44 am »

I ride korora to the top of the keep ;D.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: September 15, 2008, 09:00:06 am »

I wonder if anyone understood what kind of power Rooster got last turn...

Also, the "hole" isn't close to the keep, but the armor shop itself isn't too far away.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: September 15, 2008, 09:05:43 am »

only thing i understood is: don't make rooster angry, or we might have a problem

or maybe" send rooster to elfzilla and make him angry so we have 2 monsters that fight there... and destroy the few buildings left."

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: September 15, 2008, 09:13:25 am »

I try to fortify the cellar against an incoming attack. I can use it as a hideout for guerilla warfare.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: September 15, 2008, 10:11:28 am »

I'v decided, I will post to actions.

First:
I run out of the keep towards where Andrea is, to injure the elves so he can kill them (help him in other words)
Second:
If the elves are not dead yet I help Andrea again, If they are I go back to the keep.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 10:43:16 am by Kashyyk »

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: September 15, 2008, 10:11:50 am »

that's easy to explain - im HULK one of the marvel comic characters
exactly what I asked for... but I like fantastic four more  8)
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 409