Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404036 times)

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Story continues soon, all players report!
« Reply #6045 on: January 21, 2011, 03:34:20 am »

shit, lets be wait-listed
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6046 on: January 21, 2011, 11:01:26 am »

Half the turn is ready. Statuses later, I'll reserve the post. Spent too much time looking through stuff and experimenting. Decided the text files approach would be a logistical nightmare, so everything will be the same for now.
Apologies in advance for (IMO) experimental humor.

Turn 180, in the making of which no FAWLCONs have been PAWNCHed. Or DRAWPKIEK'd

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

===[Action]===

As soon as the clanner pilot broke free, he could see there was no chance of running away, not with so many people around him. He tensed his muscles and senses, ready to react to the slightest provocation. Sudden movement! Catching a flicker in the sky with peripheral vision, the clanner darted backwards, out of the way of an attacking human-bird hybrid, stopping a good few meters away and waiting for the next attack. And then...   

Gotcha!   

Something seized his ankle with an iron grip! The clanner struggled against it, and as he turned to look another hand grabbed him by the elbow! It was the statue-man he'd knocked down earlier, now grinning maniacally as it squeezed on his flesh! No hope of escaping now, he thought. The nearby cat-man threw away his weapons and leaped at the clanner with a fierce yowl, claws bared for a vicious beatdown! Suddenly, explosion! The human-bird hybrid struck the ground at an immense speed, obliterating the spot where the clanner stood a moment ago and sending up an immense cloud of dust, obscuring vision! The clanner heard the surprised cry of the disoriented cat, and tried to break out of the statue's grip on him, but to no avail. It seems he only escaped by luck last time - now the iron hands were as if welded in place. No worries, he still has time while the cloud settles - luck is an odd thing, it may yet turn.   

FAAALCOOON... PAAAAWNCH!   

A flash of blue and white tore through the cloud, riding on the force of a massive tornado that blew away every mote of dust between here and what seemed like the next five miles. After a moment of stunned silence, the cat-man shook his head and turned towards the clanner. Still held by the grip of the statue, his weapon lost, the clanner couldn't fight back. "Uh... Nice kitty?" The look on the cat-man's face changed. "'Nice.. kitty'? Oh yeees. 'nice'..."   

Some distance away, Frelock tried to recover from his wounds, while LASD watched him in an attempt to learn the intricate processes involved. Not quite surprisingly, the learning didn't go well. Without an intrinsic understanding that Frelock and the others gained (with such unbelievable ease) at the beginning of their adventure, there was next to no hope of learning to so precisely weave and control the brute force of telekinesis. Even Frelock, undoubtedly a master of the art, still had trouble controlling it sometimes. Though if before, the lack of control tended to explosively hurl everything away from the user, with more practiced users it tended to only cause superficial damage around the healed area, like the light, but probably unpleasant burn now left across Frelock's chest. He probably wouldn't have gotten even that, if somebody STOPPED THE GODDAMN SCREAMING!.. Seeing Frelock raise an eyebrow, LASD suddenly realized he'd screamed the last part out loud! But the anguished screams did stop, followed by Neo's cheerful cry of "Okay, I'm done now! *pause* And he's still alive!"   

Back at the battlefield, Janna, Jay Kayell and Korora assembled around the disabled Elemental, who by now seemed to give up on fighting. Exchanging brief looks, the three of them decided to mercifully end the soldier's suffering with a simultaneous thrust of their three weapons. Korora raised his Ashcraver, glittering in the sun's green light. Janna readied her Vibro-Sword. Jay Kayell opened his armor's claw. With a single swift motion, they all struck true simultaneously. Blood trickled from under the body as they pulled out their weapons.   

Is he dead?   
   Well he should be, look what we stabbed him with!   
   But look there, I think the arm's still moving.   
   It could be agony... don't want that, right?   
   Yeah.... let's do it again. Ready? Count of three. One, two three!   
   *scherthluck*   
   Is he dead now?   
   Yeah, now for sure.   
   And the arm's still moving...   
   Oh for the love of...   

Far away from the worries of combat, Qwer'Ty wandered around the area, looking at things. Just... things. He had a picture in his mind. One of great power and splendour. One that would *scherthluck* his enemies and encourage his allies. But for that, he needed parts. Lots of parts. Lots of different parts. He begun his search for them. He looked in the gutted remains of the cargo transport, and marvelled again at the power it took to *scherthluck* it. He sifted through the carefully arranged mounds of Ebon Jaguar leftovers, picking the best and the finest for his impressive project. He went so far as to *scherthluck* some of the perfectly operable devices in order to obtain components that were required for his vision to succeed. And finally, after a long and exhaustive search, he was ready! All parts were assembled, now it was a matter of putting them together! Surely a trivial matter for a genius such as he! He would be invincible! Nobody... no, nothing could *scherthluck* him! His might and greatness would be known throughout the multiverse! If only... now... mhwa...   

The vision faded. Qwer'Ty found himself on the ground, face down in the dirt, the silence of the universe marred by the whistling of the wind and a repeating loud *scherthluck* coming from somewhere nearby every several seconds. In his head was pain, fading. In his mouth was a foul taste, persistent. Qwer'Ty looked around him. Amidst a scattering of odd parts and components, an open MRE pack. Suddenly it all came back - how he tried the food, and what effect it had on him. How was he to know the effects of this world's food on his body and mind? He stood up, looking at the parts around him in thought. Was there a method to the madness? The dream was fading, the vision lost forever. But maybe he was indeed on the verge of something great, something wonderful? He would have to carefully collect and examine everything, lest yet another mystery of the multiverse be doomed to a tragic, untimely *scherthluck*.   

Environment:   Noon. Thin clouds partially obscure the sun. The wind is faint and cool.   

===[Locations]===      
  • Planet Wayside V:   The planet seems to be barren as a whole. The sky is green here, and the air is cold. Or maybe it's just autumn here.   
    • Large Valley:   A rather dull and barren, though very large, rocky valley covered by reddish clay soil with patches of some unknown weeds or moss. Filled with broken rock and debris. Sloping mountains or plateaus many kilometers tall seem to surround it. A relatively narrow pass leads into the Vast Plain.   

• Sub-area 1: Starting Point. The place you initially appeared at.   
      • Sub-area 2: First Contact. Where your truck was destroyed by an aerospace fighter (and later rebuilt, driven off elsewhere and crashed again). The disabled Wolf Trap is here.   
      • Sub-area 3: Andrea's Furnace. Somewhere far north of Area 2 - the fighter crashlanded there. And subsequently exploded, leaving a large crater and killing the crew of the two scout buggies sent by Fusiliers. Then Andrea blew the place up along with a bigger convoy. And then Zako's hurricane, aided by a mysterious force, levelled it completely. All players are here.   
      • Sub-area 4: Saramrakust Kosak. A great engraved slab of hard white stone east of the Furnace, that is the top of a buried obelisk that stands over the grave of the dwarf Kosak Sidasin Lokumzuden.   
      • Sub-area 5: Unknown. A pillar of dark smoke rising northeast of the Furnace.   
      • Fusiliers' camp "Wildcat":   A small military camp set up amidst the hills in the large valley. Something terrible might have happened there.   
    • Vast Plain:   An enormous plain connected to the large valley by a relatively narrow passage. Its ground is different from that of the valley, but you don't know what it is yet. Might be a former ocean bottom.   

Spoiler: Free items (click to show/hide)

===[Artifacts]===      
[/spoiler]

===[Vehicles]===      
Spoiler: Heavy Cargo Hauler (click to show/hide)

===[Character Status]===      
Quote from: Boksi
   Near the temporary camp area.   
Health:   Unharmed.   
State:   Standing. Minor pain. Feeling of Emptiness(-1 all ring power use).   
Equipment:   Darkfire halberd (right hand), backpack, Steel full helm, Karl Moebius armor jacket, jean shorts, underwear.   
Spoiler: Inventory: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Abilities: (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Korora
   Near the temporary camp area.   
Health:   Face slightly scraped. (Strengthened Structure destroyed on left torso side)   
State:   Standing, Fine.   
Equipment:   The Ashcraver(right hand), 2x Ultra AC/2 Autocannon, 2x LRM-10 rack.   
Quote from: Frelock
   Out in the field.   
Health:   Light burns across the chest.   
State:   Standing, in pain.   
Equipment:   Shortbow (body), plant vine necklace, backpack, silk robe, leather sandals.   
Quote from: Kashyyk
   Out in the field.   
Health:   Undamaged.   
State:   On the ground, Fine, Wrestling Clanner Pilot.   
Equipment:   None.   
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 02:47:02 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6047 on: January 21, 2011, 11:06:41 am »

Quote from: Rooster
   Out in the field.   
Health:   Both arms, multiple ribs broken. Skull cracked. Concussion.[/yellow]   
State:   Embedded in the ground, stunned, in Serious Pain (-2 physical, -2 mental).    
Equipment:   Studded leather armor.   
Quote from: LASD
   Out in the field.   
Health:   Bruised, battered, minor burns, numerous minor lacerations. Small scars in places. Minor bleeding.   
Equipment:   Aluminium Riot shield (left hand), Rad-Man (right hand), Iron chain cuirass, Iron chain gloves, Iron chain greaves, Iron low boots, Handmade suit, underwear.   
Quote from: Jay Kayell
   Out in the field.   
State:   Standing. Pain in the (left) butt. (subsided for now)   
Equipment:   Elemental Battle Armor, 2x backpack, plate cuirass, infantry armor vest, warm clothes, warm boots, white shorts.   
Quote from: Zako
   Out in the field.   
Health:   One head, one leg torn off. Severe bleeding. Arms and remaining legs broken in many places (-2 movement)   
State:   On the ground, in Serious Pain (-2 Physical, -2 Mental).   
Quote from: Neo1096
   Out in the field.   
Health:   Bruised and scratched, light wounds on left leg and right shoulder. Hastily bandaged gash on the back of the head. Minor bleeding.   
State:   On the ground, Fine.   
Equipment:   Heavy Laser Handgun (right hand), Gnarled steel staff (left hand), Backpack, infantry armor vest, cloth jacket with pockets, underwear.   
Quote from: Qwertyuiopas
   Near the Hauler.   
Equipment:   Open MRE pack (right hand), flashlight (left hand), warm clothing, warm boots.   
===[NPC Status]===      
Quote from: Giant bat 1
   Flying above the field.   
State:   Flying, fine.   
Quote from: Simon "Jackhammer" Williams
   Near the Hauler.   
Health:   Dead. Upper body hideously mangled, large part of the head missing.   
State:   Dead, as per the above.   
Equipment:   Heavy Trooper Suit, Heavy Boots.   
Quote from: Janna "Redline" Ryzhova
   Near the Hauler.   
Health:   Scarred all over. Minor burns, bruises.    
State:   Standing, Mild pain.   
Equipment:   Heavy Infantry Machinegun (back), Vibroblade Longsword (right hand), small backpack, Flak Jacket, Tool Belt, Warm clothing, Warm boots.   

===[Enemy Status]===      
Quote from: Clanner Pilot
   Out in the field.   
Health:   Multiple deep gashes and scratches on face/arms/chest/torso. Heavy bleeding.   
State:   Held by Kashyyk. In Serious Pain.   
Equipment:   Shorts   

Quote from: Clanner Elemental 1
Health:   Dead, neatly cloven into two.   
State:   Dead.   
Equipment:   Claw, SRM-2 x2, Small Pulse Laser, Jump Jets.   
Quote from: Clanner Elemental 2
Health:   Dead. Multiple stab wounds.   
State:   On the ground, Dead, and blind.   
Equipment:   Claw, Small Pulse Laser(destroyed), Jump Jets(destroyed).   
Quote from: Clanner Elemental 3
Health:   Dead.   
State:   On the ground, Dead.   
Equipment:   Casual clothing   

Seriously, the poor elemental had awful dodge rolls but not-bad-enough damage rolls, and you didn't have good enough attack or coup-de-grace rolls... and he'd still end up dead eventually. So, *scherthluck*. :P
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 02:48:01 am by Sean Mirrsen »

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile

Find a vehicle and prepare for a trip to the clanner base by practice my focus. Based on this, I don't think we're gonna need help to destroy it.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 11:23:45 am by neo1096 »
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

Okay! the clanner pilot has been incredibly annoying, so I will:

First: Activate enrage-self and pull the clanner over onto his back and repeatedly slam my fist into his face.
Second: I loot the collection of weapons

edited, now I've checked the status.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 08:10:19 am by Kashyyk »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile

Heal Rooster and Zako
All generalizations are false....including this one.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.

>Look at parts, attempt preliminary assembly. For Science!
Eh?
Eh!

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile

Use the headband to create a remote connection to my mech, allowing me to control it even if I am not in it.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Well...

That sucked. At least i helped.

Ask Frelock to lop off a leg while he is at it, while making sure i can still walk alright. Then open myself to the pain and overcome it!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Statuses added. I think I've done them right.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As the resident engineer-like person, I think I'm obligated to help Qwer'Ty with his project.

And Sean, your pictures are getting even cooler.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, I got thrown off my stride again. Odd. Anyway, turn in the works. Boksi, I would greatly appreciate you actually joining the game here.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In order to keep you interested and entertained while you wait, the next spoiler has been crafted into an image form. Enjoy.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

oooh, perty colours. That looks like my fist.

Razordw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Missed this last time, but there is a tooth in front of the fist too. I think Kashyyk got a little to into the beat his face in fun and just smashed his face deep into the ground.
Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 409