Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404127 times)

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Multiworld Madness Turn 175! Red heat, green heat.
« Reply #5880 on: July 04, 2010, 03:25:54 pm »

Pfft. Actions. Who needs 'em? I'm gonna be inactive this turn. Not moving an inch. Just sit down and think about nothing.
Staring into the void again huh?
The abyss, actually. Which gazes back into you.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5881 on: July 05, 2010, 01:54:28 am »

Oh crap it's the hulk.

Attack the elemental!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: July 05, 2010, 01:15:24 pm »

Try some mental control again.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5883 on: July 05, 2010, 06:22:48 pm »

I shoot an elemental in the face with my laser pistol, use blood seeker ability.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #5884 on: July 05, 2010, 10:15:22 pm »

>Try again.

Hopefuly nobody has a moment of dice-induced stupidity this time...
Eh?
Eh!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5885 on: July 06, 2010, 03:04:36 pm »

So, while we're waiting for LASD to remember that he again forgot to post an action, let's look at another of my sketches. A boring day at work finally allowed me to see whether or not my skills improved any. I dare say they did:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: July 06, 2010, 07:56:59 pm »

They have indeed improved. Nice work.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5887 on: July 07, 2010, 09:04:34 am »

Oh snap, I read the turn days ago, but didn't think of an action to match the coolness and devastation of the turn right away.

It still seems like an impossible task, so I guess I go back to tinkering with stuff. I'll go grab the flashlights from the hauler's remains and integrate them into my increasingly complex riot shield.

Sorry for the delay guys.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #5888 on: July 17, 2010, 03:45:02 pm »

:(
Sadface is Sad.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5889 on: July 24, 2010, 12:06:18 am »

Did this thing just die? I'd like to have joined but the waiting list is about 2-3 full party deaths long. I'd also like to know how you thought of the names for things like the Ashcraver, and the dwarf.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5890 on: July 24, 2010, 12:07:20 am »

Hasn't been a post in here in quite a while. I don't know if Sean is going to keep writing turns or not.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5891 on: July 24, 2010, 03:15:52 am »

Yes, I am. I've had a creativity switch recently, which took a lot of my focus, but will hopefully throw some napalm into my "writing interest" fireplace. I'm also, uh, "exiled" to the dacha - in the sense that me mother thinks that the ongoing construction effort MUST be done RIGHT NOW, and I'm to stay here until we've reached a significant "milestone" in that process. Which naturally cuts into my free time, not to mention aggravates my mood.

Nevertheless, Multiworld Madness must live. I will not declare it dead until I die myself - and the chances of it happening after that are also quite slim. ;) We've already had a prolonged unplanned hiatus, and it still didn't quite kill us - even if we lost a few players to the long pause. I hope we won't lose too many players this time though. Running a game with half the players as GMPCs is just wrong. My reluctance to make you randomly drop dead doesn't help matters at all. :)

Anyway. Once I'm done using my current creative surge to craft a decent bonus to the next turn, I'll post it. I have just one quirk to sort out, and then we can try to continue.

That offer to guest-GM is still up though. If you'd like to, and think you can handle it, PM me. I'll give you a slot if it seems I'll be stuck again.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5892 on: July 26, 2010, 11:07:52 am »

Alrighty. After hell knows how much delay, I present to you the next turn,
------------      
Turn 176      
------------      
Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
------------      
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)
----------------      
   Tired of being of no use to the team, Zako decides to rush into action. Jumping into the air, he straightens his body, feet forward, and rapidly accelerates toward the battle armor, shouting "Dynamic Quadruple Tornado KIIIIIIIICK!!!" The awesomeness of his dynamic entry is marred by the fact that the much larger and heavier Elemental easily deflects the attack, sending him tumbling through the air. But for all its ineffectiveness, Zako's attack was not in vain. Distracted by the strange enemy, the Elemental had no chance to evade the hail of incoming projectiles that Korora and Janna collectively unleashed on him.    

Firing full-auto, Janna's machinegun spat out a long burst of half-inch slugs, covering the battle armor with dents as the projectiles failed to score a penetrating hit at this distance. Joining the attack a half-second later, Korora opened fire with his dual autocannons, blowing the Elemental off his feet as the 30-millimeter cannon rounds slammed straight into his chest and abdomen, punching through armor as if it were cardboard. Incredibly, the Clan warrior still had strength to stand. Pushing his mortally wounded body to the limits of what was physically possible, he aimed his laser at Korora and fired, just before Neo and Jay Kayell's lasers both scored direct hits on his injured chest, finishing the Elemental for good.    

Although the dying Elemental missed his shot, his death was not in vain. Left alone, his partner managed to stand up and use his opportunity, firing all his weapons at Korora's exposed flank. Even as the missiles remained true to their name and flew way over everyone's heads, the laser pulse, overcharged to the point that it destroyed the weapon it was fired from, hit Korora right into the unarmored machinery under his left arm. A hit this strong could easily destroy a vital part of the steel warrior's control system, leaving him partially disabled. But it didn't happen. The shining beam exploded into sparks, vaporizing a protective layer of reinforced steel surrounding the mechanisms. Korora spun around to face the threat, mentally thanking the team for his upgrades. "Tch! I hoped I wouldn't get to use those for a while."   
----------------      
   Alright, what do we have here?   

LASD entered the charred remains of the truck again, seeking to find something to improve his shield with. The cabin is horribly burned, practically nothing in the truck survived. Only metal parts of the hull were not destroyed by the fire, and even those were often disfigured. LASD made his way to the metal containers that were situated under the rear seats, hoping that the equipment inside was not damaged. But the container lid is stuck. "Come on, open up!" LASD examines the lid to see what is wrong, and quickly finds the problem. The immense heat that destroyed the truck had caused the lid to completely fuse with the container, welding the whole thing up into a perfect sealed metal box. "Well damn. I guess it's not opening in a hurry."   
----------------      
   Unable to directly help in the battle, Frelock attempts to lock his mind onto the fallen Elemental, trying to overcome his mental strength and gain control of his body. Suddenly, he receives feedback! The Elemental responds, but responds with seething rage! Thrown out of focus, Frelock can't concentrate to try again, and can only watch as the clanner shoots Korora with his laser. "Well, this could have gone better."   
----------------      
   Though still not quite combat-worthy, Rooster considers himself in good enough shape to try flying. It takes some effort, but he is able to achieve lift and soars above the field, as gracefully as the circumstances allow. He cringes as he watches his teammates dish out punishment on the Elemental. "Ooh, that gotta hurt. Too bad for Zako though."   
----------------      
   Concentrating once again on managing his regeneration to grow an extra limb - and once again failing - Qwer'Ty is forced to submit to his body's unwillingness to change. "Hmm. This doesn't seem to work. I guess being genetically engineered for a few dozen generations will do that to you. Doesn't hurt to try, though." Catching a glimpse of Zako in the distance, he thoughtfully adds: "Succeeding, on the other hand... might."   
----------------      
   Tired of chasing the elusive Elemental around, Boksi sits down and contemplates his navel. Misquoting Nietzche, he mutters something about staring into the navel, when suddenly his Giant Bat - which, he notices, is indeed exceptionally large - lands in front of him, and looks him in the eye. "What do you want, ugly?"   

The bat keeps looking at him, giving Boksi the unnerving impression that it can really see him. He tries moving around, but the bat unerringly follows him, keeping its eyes fixed on his head. Boksi strikes a dramatic pose and stares at the bat. The bat stares back. "Alright, I get it. You want attention. Sorry, I'm in no mood to play with you." Undeterred by such a feeble excuse, the bat slowly approaches.. and suddenly bites Boksi's foot! Its fangs don't penetrate his thick skin, but it keeps its careful - and sharp - grip on the foot as Boksi frantically tries to get free. "Ow, ow, okay, I'll think of something, let go!" Content with that, the bat leaves Boksi and flies off again.   
----------------      
   Feeling a burning rage and a sudden desire to speak of himself in third-person, Kashyyk takes mighty leaps across the battlefield, seeking out the wily snake who brought the Elementals upon his friends. "Kashyyk protect friends! Kashyyk find Clanner!" But for all his newfound ability, he cannot find anything save a trail of tracks leading towards the wrecked mechs in the distance. Kashyyk's rage burns with renewed fire, causing him to go downright ballistic. "AND WHEN KASHYYK FIND CLANNER, KASHYYK SMASH HIM INTO LITTLE PIECES!! RAAAGH!!!"   
------------      
Background:   [4] The Elemental in the distance falls to the ground — he might not be actually dead, but he's out of the fight. The Elemental near you begins some shifty manuevers — he might try a melee attack next.   
------------      
Environment:   Noon. Thin clouds partially obscure the sun. The wind is faint and cool.   
------------      
Spoiler: Free items (click to show/hide)
------------      
Artifacts:      
Spoiler: The Ashcraver (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The GIMA (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rad-Man (click to show/hide)
---------      
Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)
---------      
Vehicles:      
Spoiler: Wolf Trap (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Heavy Cargo Hauler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fire Moth (click to show/hide)

------------      
Character Status:      
Quote from: Boksi
   Near the temporary camp area.   
Health:   Unharmed.   
State:   Standing. Minor pain. Feeling of Emptiness(-1 all ring power use).   
Equipment:   Darkfire halberd (right hand), backpack, Steel full helm, Karl Moebius armor jacket, jean shorts, underwear.   
Spoiler: Inventory: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Abilities: (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Korora
   Near the temporary camp area.   
Health:   Technically undamaged. (Strengthened Structure destroyed on left torso side)   
State:   Standing, Fine.   
Equipment:   The Ashcraver(right hand), 2x Ultra AC/2 Autocannon, 2x LRM-10 rack.   
Quote from: Frelock
   Near the Ebon Jaguar.   
Health:   Skin severely broken up.   
State:   Standing. Protected by TK Bubble.   
Equipment:   Shortbow (body), plant vine necklace, backpack, silk robe, leather sandals.   

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5893 on: July 26, 2010, 11:12:13 am »

Quote from: Kashyyk
   Out in the field.   
Health:   Undamaged.   
State:   Standing, Enraged(+1 phys.rolls, -1 phys.dodge), glowing faintly green.   
Equipment:   None.   
Quote from: Rooster
   Near the Hauler.   
State:   Flying, Fine.   
Equipment:   Studded leather armor.   
Quote from: LASD
   In the remains of the Hauler.   
Health:   Bruised, battered, minor burns, numerous minor lacerations. Small scars in places. Minor bleeding.   
State:   Standing.   
Equipment:   Aluminium Riot shield (left hand), Rad-Man (right hand), Iron chain cuirass, Iron chain gloves, Iron chain greaves, Iron low boots, Handmade suit, underwear.   
Quote from: Jay Kayell
   Near the Fire Moth.   
State:   Standing. Pain in the (left) butt. (subsided for now)   
Equipment:   Heavy laser pistol (right hand), Backpack, plate cuirass, infantry armor vest, warm clothes, warm boots, white shorts.   
Quote from: Zako
   Out in the field near the Ebon Jaguar.   
Health:   No injuries.   
State:   Standing, In mild pain.   
Quote from: Neo1096
   Out in the field.   
Health:   Bruised and scratched, light wounds on left leg and right shoulder. Hastily bandaged gash on the back of the head. Minor bleeding.   
State:   Standing, Fine.   
Equipment:   Heavy Laser Handgun (right hand), Gnarled steel staff (left hand), Backpack, infantry armor vest, cloth jacket with pockets, underwear.   
Quote from: Qwertyuiopas
   Near the Hauler.   
State:   Standing. Fine.   
Equipment:   MRE pack (right hand), flashlight (left hand), warm clothing, warm boots.   
NPC Status:      
Quote from: Giant bat 1
   Flying above Boksi.   
State:   Flying, fine, waiting for orders.   
Quote from: Simon "Jackhammer" Williams
   Near the Hauler.   
Health:   Dead. Upper body hideously mangled, large part of the head missing.   
State:   Dead, as per the above.   
Equipment:   Heavy Infantry Machinegun (both hands), Infantry Flamer (on back), Frag Grenades (on belt), military backpack, Heavy Trooper Suit, Heavy Trooper Helmet, Heavy Boots.   
Quote from: Janna "Redline" Ryzhova
   Near the Hauler.   
Health:   Scarred all over. Minor burns, bruises.    
State:   Prone, Mild pain.   
Equipment:   Heavy Infantry Machinegun (both hands), Vibroblade Longsword (sheath), small backpack, Flak Jacket, Tool Belt, Warm clothing, Warm boots.   

Enemy Status:      
Quote from: Clanner Pilot
   Location unknown.   
Health:   Last known: Bruised and scratched, broken nose, some missing teeth, light bleeding.   
State:   Unknown.   
Equipment:   Presumed: Cooling jacket, casual clothing, laser pistol, whip.   

Quote from: Clanner Mech 1
Health:   Severely damaged   
Equipment:   Unknown   
Quote from: Clanner Mech 2
Health:   Severely damaged   
Equipment:   Unknown   
Quote from: Clan Ebon Jaguar Mech
Health:   Mostly disassembled. Irrepairable.   

Quote from: Clanner Elemental 1
Health:   Dead, neatly cloven into two.   
State:   Dead.   
Equipment:   Claw, SRM-2 x2, Small Pulse Laser, Jump Jets.   
Quote from: Clanner Elemental 2
Health:   Face singed. Visor destroyed: -1 all ranged accuracy.   
State:   On the ground, stunned, in pain.   
Quote from: Clanner Elemental 1
Health:   Severely injured — possibly dead.   
State:   On the ground, not moving.   
===========================
And now for the addition I've been working on.
Spoiler: Tada! (click to show/hide)
It somewhat saddens me that of all the characters present on the image, only one is actually a player. Nevertheless, you really did toast that Elemental good. Even if the kill (if it's a kill) would technically be Korora's...

(if you can't see the image, reload a few times, or try later - my net connection is wonky at the moment, and may not have finished uploading)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 11:17:28 am by Sean Mirrsen »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5894 on: July 26, 2010, 04:25:06 pm »

Kashyyk like upgraded self. Kashyyk shall edit "Ally Locator Omnisensor upgrade" to also highlight enemies, this time in green. Then Kashyyk shall hunt down silly clanner.

(I'm loving this way too much)
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 409