Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404229 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Multiworld Madness Turn 171! GOT HIM!!! *BEEP* YEAH!!!
« Reply #5745 on: May 14, 2010, 12:12:48 pm »

Looks like Zako (I think) absorbs the pilot and becomes some sort of deformed centaur.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Multiworld Madness Turn 172 Preview.
« Reply #5746 on: May 17, 2010, 11:45:29 am »

bump?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5747 on: May 20, 2010, 12:01:34 pm »

Gah. Another boring day, another drawing. Another day without an update, too. Damn, why's that service center taking so long?! I can't do anything without my laptop! :( Well, except draw. My vision's been slightly deteriorating lately due to me spending so much time staring into my PDA and GBA, I really need a larger screen to spend my work hours at.

And the picture itself (warning: large)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5748 on: May 20, 2010, 04:15:28 pm »

Wow, good drawing. Wish I could draw so realisticaly. I have to resort to Manga to draw anything thats looks decent.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5749 on: May 23, 2010, 04:11:03 pm »

How's the service centre doing? Still pissing about?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5750 on: May 24, 2010, 12:40:06 am »

Yes, unfortunately. They've been at it for two months now. They also don't work on Saturdays and Sundays. Damn lazy bastards.

To make matters worse, now the USB port in my PDA broke, and I can't charge it. I've returned to my old Nokia 6670, but if my GBA goes as well, I'm going to die of boredom at work. Or maybe catch up on my sleeping, sales be damned.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5751 on: May 24, 2010, 12:46:57 am »

If I truly felt myself worthy, I'd sit in as a guest GM. Just to pass a bit of time and keep the thread on the first page if nothing else.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5752 on: May 24, 2010, 12:52:09 am »

If I don't get my laptop back, I can let you try once I get the next turn up. Which should hopefully be today evening, since I'm almost done with the narrative.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5753 on: May 24, 2010, 12:26:54 pm »

Here it comes! Hurray!

------------      
Turn 172      
------------      
Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
------------      
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)
----------------      
Wayside V, temporary camp some distance north of "Andrea's Furnace".      

As the dust was settling around the fallen behemoth, the survivors of the battle began to move in to ascertain their victory. Zako-One descended onto the machine and peered into the broken cockpit, ready to act... but there was no need. Strapped firmly into his seat, the Clan pilot, the second one the team personally encountered, did not move. His dark-haired head hung limp from his shoulders, but faint motion of his chest gave away the presence of life.   

- Alive, eh? Let's see how tough you are without this thing.   

With Korora and Neo standing guard nearby, Zako began to carefully extract the pilot from his seat. He quickly got tired, as the belts were not designed for quick release by an intruder. Briefly considering his own chances to survive the blast of the ejection seat, he instead grabs onto the clanner's cooling jacket and gives it a mighty pull, aided by the force of a small tornado he formed above himself. Then, with a sudden snap, the belt lock breaks! There's a considerable amount of surprise on Zako's face as his tornado sucks him and the clanner out of the cockpit and hurls them both into the sky, bleeding from numerous cuts against the shards of the cockpit's broken canopy. Overcoming pain and confusion, Zako levels out his flight, all the while keeping his hold on the clanner's jacket. Interrogation didn't work last time, but it couldn't hurt to try again. The mini-tornado roars around their bodies, suspending them in freefall as they descend towards the people on the ground. The clanner moans faintly, the rushing wind breaking him out of the darkness of unconsciousness. Zako finds this a good opportunity to gloat over the captured pilot.   

- Now, worthless dog, I'll drop you off with some friends of mine. I won't be surprised if they'll be hard on you, seeing how you attacked us and all. But don't worry, we won't be killing you just ye..GAAH!!   

Following an erratic command from the Zako Overmind, Zako Zero leaps up into the air, arms open wide, to embrace Zako-One in a powerful five-arm hug. Startled, Zee-One loses his grip on the clanner, letting him fall to the ground from three meters' height.   

- Let go! Let go of me, you parasitic double-clone mutated freak!   

But Zero wouldn't let go. His two heads laughing creepily in sync, he locked Zako-One's legs with his own, and suddenly began to lose form! The bodies of One and Zero began to merge as they fell down, unable to control their flight powers. The large number of people around didn't help with the transformation, as their minds fought over the new shape with the now combining mind of Zako. After a very painful two minutes, during which both they and the clanner have successfully reached the ground sustaining only superficial injuries, Zako has finally returned as one being, albeit with two heads. And four legs. He staggers onto his feet, heads speaking in creepy stereo.   

- Ugh, that hurt. Let's not do that again. How, uh... How do I look?   
   - Let's just say you're way beyond the help of modern cosmetic surgery, and leave it at that.   

Neo found the occurence rather amusing, but Korora was a little more worried.   

- I'm not sure it's quite so harmless, Neo. It's no laughing matter.   
   - Ah, get lost. He and that Rooster guy have been at it since I joined you. Whatever's keeping them going does a pretty decent job. I mean, you survived getting turned into a robot, for Multiverse's sake! Stop worrying so much.   

Somewhat upset, Korora left Neo to guard the clanner pilot on his own, and decided to take a walk around and assess the damage the team's sustained. It wasn't exactly negligible. Apparently, only one death occured. Simon's. Janna was hefting his heavy machinegun as Korora walked past her. But injuries were numerous. Kashyyk was still broken into pieces, Frelock cried in pain as he mended his wounds, Rooster was still motionless on the ground. Korora himself was in a very bad shape, with most of his armor plates gone and his left arm limp at his side. Jay Kayell also managed to injure himself slightly, dropping out of his mech's cockpit. Boksi was nowhere to be seen... Korora worried for a split second, but then smirked. Of course he's nowhere to be seen. Sneaky invisible demon-binder. The others seem to be faring rather well, in the circumstances. But the group's outlook isn't good. Stranded in the middle of the desert again, with no vehicle again, and nowhere else to go but forward. When Korora returns to look at the clanner pilot, Neo looks up at him and perfectly sums up his thoughts.   

- Sucks to be us.   
------------      
Background:   [6]{3}: Qwer'Ty wakes up and smells the ashes. Or rather, the fumes and smoke of the recent explosion. He's quite happy with his condition, having avoided any injuries during the whole battle, and shares his happiness with LASD, who is standing in the open, concentrating on something.   
   - Hey,what're you doing?   
   - Trying to find our rug.   
   - Any luck?   
   - No. *sigh* Can't bring it here. But I saw what you did to the land around it. Qwer'Ty, that place is a clusterfark. We'll need a goddamn helicopter to fish it out of there. Or any of our fly-people, once they stop hurting themselves.   

Behind them, Frelock vainly tried to piece together the skin fragments he accidentally broke off himself. In the distance, Zako shambled about, mind reeling from pain after the transformation.   

- Yeah, you're not the most organized bunch. How'd you even survive till now?   
   - Beats me. Sheer luck, probably. And healing. Lots and lots of healing.   
   - Heh. Riiight. Well, let's get on with this mission thing.   
   - Let's go.   
------------      
Environment:   Morning. The air is cold, but sun warms people up.   
------------      
Spoiler: Free items (click to show/hide)
------------      
Artifacts:      
Spoiler: The Ashcraver (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The GIMA (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rad-Man (click to show/hide)
---------      
Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)
---------      
Vehicles:      
Spoiler: Wolf Trap (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Heavy Cargo Hauler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: New Mech (click to show/hide)

------------      
Character Status:      
Quote from: Boksi
   In the temporary camp area.   
Health:   No injuries. Numb left leg.   
State:   Standing. Minor pain. Feeling of Emptiness(-1 all ring power use), Satiated.   
Equipment:   Darkfire halberd (right hand), backpack, Steel full helm, Karl Moebius armor jacket, jean shorts, underwear.   
Spoiler: Inventory: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Abilities: (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Korora
   Near the Ebon Jaguar.   
Health:   Armor mostly destroyed everywhere. Crippled left arm, moderate endostructure damage.   
State:   Standing, Fine.   
Equipment:   The Ashcraver(right hand), Slammer Knuckles(both hands).   
Quote from: Frelock
   Near the Hauler.   
Health:   Skin severely broken up.   
State:   Standing. In serious pain(-2/-1). Protected by TK Bubble.   
Equipment:   Shortbow (body), plant vine necklace, backpack, silk robe, leather sandals.   

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5754 on: May 24, 2010, 12:32:52 pm »

Quote from: Kashyyk
   Near the Ebon Jaguar.   
Health:   Broken up into pieces. Right upper/left lower legs, right arm, lower torso broken off. Face broken, lower jaw broken apart.   
State:   On the ground, in pieces, unconscious(-2).   
Equipment:   None.   
Quote from: Rooster
   Near the Hauler.   
Health:   Shell chipped in several places.   
State:   Standing, Fine.   
Equipment:   Studded leather armor.   
Quote from: LASD
   Near the Hauler.   
Health:   Bruised, battered, minor burns, numerous minor lacerations. Small scars in places. Minor bleeding.   
State:   Standing.   
Equipment:   Aluminium Riot shield (left hand), Rad-Man (right hand), Iron chain cuirass, Iron chain gloves, Iron chain greaves, Iron low boots, Handmade suit, underwear.   
Quote from: Jay Kayell
   On the ground near the New Mech.   
Health:   Bruised, battered, some bones may be cracked.   
State:   On the ground. In pain (-1/-1) Pain in the (left) butt. (subsided for now)   
Equipment:   Heavy laser pistol (right hand), Backpack, plate cuirass, infantry armor vest, warm clothes, warm boots, white shorts.   
Quote from: Zako
   Out in the field near the Ebon Jaguar.   
Health:   No injuries.   
State:   Standing, Confused, Serious pain (-2/-1).   
Quote from: Neo1096
   Out in the field.   
Health:   Bruised and scratched, light wounds on left leg and right shoulder. Minor bleeding. Head bruised.    
State:   Standing, In pain (-1 mental).   
Equipment:   Heavy Laser Handgun (right hand), Gnarled steel staff (left hand), Backpack, infantry armor vest, cloth jacket with pockets, underwear.   
Quote from: Qwertyuiopas
   Near the Hauler.   
Health:   Unharmed.   
State:   Standing. Fine.   
Equipment:   MRE pack (right hand), flashlight (left hand), warm clothing, warm boots.   
NPC Status:      
Quote from: Giant bat 1
   Near the Hauler.   
Health:   Undetermined, probably Unharmed.   
State:   Presumed to be standing, Fine.   
Quote from: Simon "Jackhammer" Williams
   Near the Hauler.   
Health:   Dead. Upper body hideously mangled, large part of the head missing.   
State:   Dead, as per the above.   
Equipment:   Heavy Infantry Machinegun (both hands), Infantry Flamer (on back), Frag Grenades (on belt), military backpack, Heavy Trooper Suit, Heavy Trooper Helmet, Heavy Boots.   
Quote from: Janna "Redline" Ryzhova
   Near the Hauler.   
Health:   Scarred all over. Minor burns, bruises.    
State:   Standing, Mild pain.   
Equipment:   Vibroblade Longsword (right hand), small backpack, Flak Jacket, Tool Belt, Warm clothing, Warm boots.   

Enemy Status:      
Quote from: Clanner Pilot
   Near the Ebon Jaguar   
Health:   Bruised and scratched, minor bleeding.   
State:   On the ground. Stunned, Dazed, Confused.   
Equipment:   Cooling jacket, casual clothing.   

Quote from: Clanner Mech 1
Health:   Severely damaged   
Equipment:   Unknown   
Quote from: Clanner Mech 2
Health:   Severely damaged   
Equipment:   Unknown   
Quote from: Clan Ebon Jaguar Mech
Health:   Severely damaged: right lower leg missing, rear armor damaged, left torso damaged, severe armor damage.   
Equipment:   None except the weaponry.   
==============================
Alright, watch for errors and let's try to continue. I managed to obtain a laptop from a neighboring section, so I actually managed to "work" at work today. I couldn't keep it all day though, so in the meantime I got exceedingly bored, and thus motivated for something unusual:
Spoiler: Yes, another sketch (click to show/hide)
It's notable for two things. One, it's on a full-size A4 paper, which I almost never draw on because I'm bad with little details, so I hide them in tiny sketches. And second, it's a living being, which I've also been consistently sucky at drawing previously. I dare say the sketch turned out good. It seems I'm beginning to catch up on the organic-drawing thing. :P

edit: oy, forgot about Boksi again. It ain't easy telling about somebody who's invisible if he doesn't interact with anyone. :) Boksi healed his injuries completely, but he also did something else, and now his left leg feels numb.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 12:34:33 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Multiworld Madness Turn 172. Calm after the storm.
« Reply #5755 on: May 24, 2010, 12:53:54 pm »

Well, I'm gonna pull myself together first, and if possible, as a side-action I'm going to locate Andrea and Gantolandon.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #5756 on: May 24, 2010, 02:44:09 pm »

"Wait! I have an idea!"
>Study the wreckages, trying to determine how to put them all together into one useable supervehicle of some sort.
Eh?
Eh!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5757 on: May 24, 2010, 03:54:01 pm »

I have basic skill in engineering, so when I'm back together, I'll help. Or I could fix Korora. Depends on who needs it more.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5758 on: May 24, 2010, 08:25:15 pm »

Use this opportunity to increase my pain control.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5759 on: May 24, 2010, 09:13:09 pm »

Use this opportunity to increase my pain control.

Same here, work on mental hardening
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 409