Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404231 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile

You are correct, Nivm, however I do get a +1 for healing only one target with critical wounds like Roosters (I think those are critical, right?), and I need to concentrate to keep this shield up in case the bomb goes off.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

Moar Enrage other on teh Clanner! Roar!

ahem, yes. I enrage the clanner again, with a side action of getting my body to try to roll my head as far away from the clanner as possible. enraging again being priority.

Sir Speshkitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You don't need much energy to boil the water in an average human brain, just a finely-tuned force.

I love this RTD so much.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile

I focus on not dying. This would preferably involve healing my wound and getting some more distance and cover between me and the clanner mech.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile

I shoot the other mech with the biggest gun my mech has. If I still can't pilot the piece of junk I'll relieve some aggressions by punching the clanner corpse until I get tired of doing it, alternatively until there is no real identifiable parts of it left.

Seriously, someone else should pilot this thing, because I suck at it.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Wow, was it really a week already? Damn, time sure flies fast.

Anyway, turn summary done. In a stunning turn of events, it's almost as long as the last turn's narrative. And I haven't even written any dialogue yet!
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

------------      
Turn 171      
------------      
Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
------------      
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)
----------------      
Wayside V, temporary camp some distance north of "Andrea's Furnace".      

Ominously, like the herald of Death itself, the Ebon Jaguar slowly moves its arms, seeking targets among the people scattered around the burning truck. The clanner laughs cruelly, knowing full well that everyone he can see are at his mercy. And he has no mercy for these honorless dogs. A slight fizzle on the screen attracted his attention to a tailed humanoid, who was raising his staff. Perhaps an attempt at magic? Of the Clans he knew, only the Nova Cats ever dabbled in the mystic ways. And they were the worst enemies of Clan Smoke Jaguar.   

Catching the humanoid in his reticle, the clanner suddenly felt something. A familiar feeling, but more pronounced, and much stronger this time. He looked at the side view screen. The broken statue on the ground looked at him. It looked at him, its mouth open in an utterly sinister, sadistic smile. The clanner's blood boiled. Even his hate toward Clan Nova Cat faded in comparison to the utter, inexplicable wrath he felt toward that face. Forgetting everything else, he swung his Ebon Jaguar's torso around, bearings wailing in agony, and locked all of his prepared arsenal on the statue. Another moment, and it would become nothing but a spray of pulverized fragments in the dirt. Then suddenly...   

Dale a tu cuerpo alegria Macarena      
Que tu cuerpo es pa' darle alegria y cosa buena      
Dale a tu cuerpo alegria, Macarena      
Heeeeey Macarena      
AAAhAA!!

The song suddenly blared from every loudspeaker in his cockpit! His headphones, the warning sirens, even the onboard computer have all joined into one staggering acoustic barrage! The screens all around him blinked and went to static, the targeting system went haywire! Using all of his strength to overcome the psychological attack, the clanner jammed his fingers into the triggers, firing every weapon while the statue was still in the line of fire. As he struggled to regain control, he thought he heard the blare of the missile warning siren through the music, but evading was beyond his ability. He cursed himself for neglecting the disabled mech of his lancemate, which now stood up and hammered his rear armor with a barrage of short-range missiles. A laser pulse tore into the left torso, he could feel that one by the characteristic hum. He couldn't see the damage readouts on the scrambled screens, so he focused on keeping the damaged mech on its feet as the explosions almost made it fall over. The damaged leg nearly failed, but years of training were paying off as he expertly shifted the machine's weight to compensate the armor loss on the back. With the immediate crisis passing, the clanner looked up again, only to see some naked human trying to punch through the reinforced layered glass of the canopy.   

-What a pathetic sight.   

Confidence was returning to him. Apart from moderate damage and malfunctioning monitors, nothing bad had happened yet. He was sure he could easily take the lightweight mech that opposed him down, even without the help of the targeting system. From there, nothing could hope to oppose him and his Ebon Jaguar. Absolutely noth...   

*WHABOOOM!!*   

A sudden explosion lifted the 65-ton battlemech up several feet off the ground, flipping it to the side. Strapped to the seat, the clanner's body slammed against the belts, breaking his ribs and bashing his head against his knees as mech came down to the ground, armor crumpling like tinfoil and the three-inch armored glass canopy shattering into a shower of sparkling fragments. The Ebon Jaguar was down.   
------------      
Background:   [2] By some miracle, the clanner's mech doesn't blow up after it falls. Seeing it down, LASD turns down the macarena, although it's a little too late as the Rad-Man has already expended most of its charge on the massive pulse. Jay Kayell is happy that the music is gone, though perhaps it was the music that allowed him to concentrate enough to overcome his ineptitude at piloting. Even more happy is Korora, who gets up despite suffering serious damage earlier. He could reroute his power system to use the energy of the Ashcraver, though that means that he'll die if the sword is ever destroyed.
Meanwhile, further on the sidelines Frelock tried to heal Rooster, but the mutant turtle regenerative powers proved to be much more effective than his efforts. Boksi also failed his healing, and Qwer'Ty, querying his body in his sleep, got a definitive answer from his immune system: No Foreign Infective Agents Present. When the dust settles after the clanner's attack on Kashyyk, he can be seen amidst the upheaved dirt, still mostly intact, but with a part of his face and lower jaw missing. Also, he's unconscious.   
------------      
Environment:   Morning. The air is cold, but sun warms people up.   
------------      
Spoiler: Free items (click to show/hide)
------------      
Artifacts:      
Spoiler: The Ashcraver (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The GIMA (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rad-Man (click to show/hide)
---------      
Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)
---------      
Vehicles:      
Spoiler: Wolf Trap (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Heavy Cargo Hauler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: New Mech (click to show/hide)

------------      
Character Status:      
Quote from: Boksi
   In the temporary camp area.   
Health:   Nasty gun wound in left leg. Battered, slightly burned.   
State:   Standing. Minor pain. Feeling of Emptiness(-1 all ring power use), Satiated.   
Equipment:   Darkfire halberd (right hand), backpack, Steel full helm, Karl Moebius armor jacket, jean shorts, underwear.   
Spoiler: Inventory: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Abilities: (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Korora
   Near the Ebon Jaguar.   
Health:   Armor mostly destroyed everywhere. Crippled left arm, moderate endostructure damage.   
State:   Standing, Fine.   
Equipment:   The Ashcraver(right hand), Slammer Knuckles(both hands).   
Quote from: Frelock
   Near the Hauler.   
Health:   Bruised. Left leg broken, A few punctured wounds, numerous lodged shrapnel pieces.   
State:   Standing. In mild pain. Protected by TK Bubble.   
Equipment:   Shortbow (body), plant vine necklace, backpack, silk robe, leather sandals.   

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Kashyyk
   Near the Ebon Jaguar.   
Health:   Broken up into pieces. Right upper/left lower legs, right arm, lower torso broken off. Face broken, lower jaw broken apart.   
State:   On the ground, in pieces, unconscious(-2).   
Equipment:   None.   
Quote from: Rooster
   Near the Hauler.   
Health:   Shell chipped in several places.   
State:   Standing, Fine.   
Equipment:   Studded leather armor.   
Quote from: LASD
   Near the Hauler.   
Health:   Bruised, battered, minor burns, numerous minor lacerations. Small scars in places. Light bleeding.   
State:   Standing.   
Equipment:   Aluminium Riot shield (left hand), Rad-Man (right hand), Iron chain cuirass, Iron chain gloves, Iron chain greaves, Iron low boots, Handmade suit, underwear.   
Quote from: Jay Kayell
   In the New Mech.   
Health:   Bruised.   
State:   In the pilot's seat, Headache (-1 mental). Pain in the (left) butt. (subsided for now)   
Equipment:   Heavy laser pistol (right hand), Backpack, plate cuirass, infantry armor vest, warm clothes, warm boots, white shorts.   
Quote from: Zako Prime
   Wherever his bodies are.   
Health:   None.   
State:   Hive mind.   
Spoiler: Zako I (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Zako Zero (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Neo1096
   Out in the field.   
Health:   Bruised and scratched, light wounds on left leg and right shoulder. Light bleeding. Head bruised.    
State:   Standing, In pain (-1 mental).   
Equipment:   Heavy Laser Handgun (right hand), Gnarled steel staff (left hand), Backpack, infantry armor vest, cloth jacket with pockets, underwear.   
Quote from: Qwertyuiopas
   Near the Hauler.   
Health:   Unharmed.   
State:   On the ground, Asleep (-2 physical)   
Equipment:   MRE pack (right hand), flashlight (left hand), warm clothing, warm boots.   
NPC Status:      
Quote from: Giant bat 1
   Near the Hauler.   
Health:   Undetermined, probably Unharmed.   
State:   Presumed to be standing, Fine.   
Equipment:   None.   
Quote from: Simon "Jackhammer" Williams
   Near the Hauler.   
Health:   Dead. Upper body hideously mangled, large part of the head missing.   
State:   Dead, as per the above.   
Equipment:   Heavy Infantry Machinegun (both hands), Infantry Flamer (on back), Frag Grenades (on belt), military backpack, Heavy Trooper Suit, Heavy Trooper Helmet, Heavy Boots.   
Quote from: Janna "Redline" Ryzhova
   Near the Hauler.   
Health:   Scarred all over. Minor burns, bruises.    
State:   Prone, Mild pain.   
Equipment:   Vibroblade Longsword (right hand), small backpack, Flak Jacket, Tool Belt, Warm clothing, Warm boots.   

Enemy Status:      
Quote from: Clanner Mech 1
Health:   Severely damaged   
Equipment:   Unknown   
Quote from: Clanner Mech 2
Health:   Severely damaged   
Equipment:   Unknown   
Quote from: Clan Ebon Jaguar Mech
Health:   Severely damaged: right lower leg missing, rear armor damaged, left torso damaged, severe armor damage.   
Equipment:   None except the weaponry.   
==============================
Let's hope this one is without errors, it's rather late 'round here.

So, with the last(?) enemy down, you can finally assess your assets and figure out what to do next, and how to (maybe) get the key, at long last...

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile

Yay!  Now we can have fun by ourselves.

Heal Kashyyk, Boski, and Myself, and Neo (The expert TKH negates the TKH IV penalty, right?)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 05:55:13 pm by Frelock »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Multiworld Madness Turn 171! GOT HIM!!! *BEEP* YEAH!!!
« Reply #5709 on: April 14, 2010, 05:52:14 pm »

Only on Kashyyk, and even then you'd be better off getting his pieces together first. You don't get even the bonus from Extended because the targets are all medium-range.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5710 on: April 14, 2010, 05:54:58 pm »

I'm at medium range from myself?  ;)

Alright then, Triage it is.
Heal myself and pull Kashyyk together.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5711 on: April 14, 2010, 06:10:30 pm »

Heh. Well, no. You're not quite that badly wounded. Kashyyk, on the other hand... ;)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #5712 on: April 14, 2010, 06:12:25 pm »

Sean, you are a *god* among game-writers/runners. You made me feel suspense and then relief at a single sentence among background details, and yet managed an unbelievalby well-written action scene just before. The fact that you accomplished this all in response to random rolls for actions submitted by others far more than makes up for the time this last turn took.

And then the fact that you have been doing this(though mostly with less narrative) for well over a year, spanning 171 turns, just further elevates the awe of your work.

When this game is finished, it will be a landmark among the internet, and dwarf all who attempt to match it, both in skill and size.

Now, as for an action, well, I guess I must wake up now. And unobtrusively share the relief that I don't have a dormant virus that could make things worse in the future.
Eh?
Eh!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5713 on: April 14, 2010, 06:13:29 pm »

I cannot make anything out in that jumbled shit storm of a status. From what I can read, it looks well organized though.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5714 on: April 14, 2010, 06:25:18 pm »

Alas, I can't make the status any more readable. This is the most compact form it can take while keeping required information visible - much larger and you'll be scrolling through it till next Tuesday.

Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 409