Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404171 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Multiworld Madness. Runs RTD Extended 1.3.
« Reply #570 on: September 13, 2008, 12:34:35 pm »

Well, those are, coincidentally, the three main characters of the Men in Black 2 and the animated series - Jay, Kay, and Ell.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 13, 2008, 12:36:43 pm »

How's turn going?  ;D
are you making every roll one by one or maybe all at once?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 13, 2008, 12:44:32 pm »

One by one, and I weave the story (or try to, at least. it's hard in this chaos) as the dice roll.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 13, 2008, 12:46:26 pm »

Well, those are, coincidentally, the three main characters of the Men in Black 2 and the animated series - Jay, Kay, and Ell.

Yes, that's quite the coincidence. Maybe we'll meet them in another world?  :P
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 13, 2008, 12:57:37 pm »

I suspect a few errors might have crept into this one. Read carefully and let me fix anything blatantly obvious before making moves.

------------      
Turn 18      
------------      
Quote from: Jay Kayell
   "I learn how to speak dwarven.
If I learn how to speak dwarven I then tell the dwarves to take me to their leader."   
|   Even with Kashyyk helping you understand the process, you cannot invoke the power of the band. The dwarves are still looking at you incessantly.   
Quote from: Rooster
   I work on IQ (I try to get a bonus on intellectual-based actions)   
|   Trying to boost your intelligence, you concentrate on thinking up and solving complex riddles. After a while you stop, having exhausted your imagination. You feel that you can solve any problem thrown at you. (+1 to actions involving intelligence, though those a few and far between)   
Quote from: andrea
   I go to the keep.   
|   As you turn to walk out of the building, you slip on a patch of coins on the floor, and fall down, butt-forwards. | You're unhurt. On the plus side, the back pockets of your trousers have mysteriously filled with a selection of coins.   
Quote from: korora
   To the keep I go!   
   Heheh…   
|   You ho, hey-ho, and go to the keep-o without any incident. Not that it was that long of a walk..   
Quote from: Frelock
   I leave the too-small clothes behind, and don the robe and sandals.   
|   You throw the small clothes away, and try to put on your new outfit. Barely before you get a chance to do it though, an elf jumps at you from the wrecked roof of the store! | You easily avoid his flying kick, and smack him with your quarterstaff! | He deflects the blow with his sword, but can't balance himself out and falls on his back. Your robe is still intact, but it's on the ground and a tad dirty. You quickly pick it up again.   
Quote from: Boksi
   I attempt to gain perception of things unseen by human eyes. I'm talking things like seeing magic energies, life force, etc.   
|   You focus your mind on seeing supernatural energies around you. You feel slight stinging sensations above your eyebrows. | You struggle a bit to keep your concentration, but manage to touch the stinging areas with your fingers before you lose it. Suddenly you feel warmth instead of stinging. Even with your eyes closed, you see a faint green glow on the borders of your vision. It doesn't move when you move your head, so you surmise it's just a side-effect of whatever you have activated. You open your eyes. Suddenly you see, clear as neon lights, thin glowing bands on the heads of everyone from your team. Looking closer at Kashyyk, you see his band extend its glow to form a sort of a headset, with a mic and headphones, though it's all translucent as if it isn't there.   
Quote from: Gantolandon
   I aim at the most badass looking elf, and heal him. It seems that his body has serious hormonal imbalance and only I can fix it. So I modify his constitution somewhat. He need no fancy hormones, for a warrior only testosterone, adrenalin and growth hormone will do just fine. Let's also fix his clearly atrophic muscles. He will most certainly need some fresh proteins to sustain his developing body... perhaps his collegues will do. I fix his nails and teeth to help him obtain some food. If everything goes right, we will have one less elf, one more rabid monster craving for any flesh it can devour. In the middle of elven army. Someone called for a doctor?    
|   You aim your TK at the meanest elf you can spot, and focus. You begin to thoroughly mangle the pitiful elf, warping his body into a monster that would hunt and kill anything living. Suddenly, you feel a surge of TK power coursing through you, slamming out through your open hands and into the monster you're creating! The monster screams, its voice rising above every other sound on the battlefield, and to your horror, you see the bodies of many nearby elves get swiped by the torrents of TK power flowing around the monster, and absorbed into it! The monster is growing, it is growing out of control! | You feel that you cannot hold much longer, when suddenly the stream of TK power ends, and you pass out. You don't feel it while unconscious, but your body falls back down into the tavern through the hole in the roof. | Luckily, you fell through the first floor, with the help of the hole made by Kashyyk, and landed on the pile of meat that cushioned your fall somewhat. You have a few bruises and a sprained wrist, but that's all. The monstrocity you've created proceeds to wreck havok on everyone and everything, driven into madness by the pain.   
Quote from: chaoticag
   Using my limited hand gestures, I convince the humans and dwarves that I come in peace.    
|   You try as hard as you can, but the humans keep looking at your hand, not the motions you do with it. You fail to get a message across.   
Quote from: LASD
   I try to concentrate my telekinetic powers through the headband to help Boksi succeed in his action in a way that I momentarily sense the same as he does.    
   You do know the difference between "telekinetic" and "telepathic", right? Telepathic is the one that reads thoughts. Telekinetic makes brain-milkshakes. :P   
|   You focus your telekinetic power on your headband, trying to send the energy into Boksi. Suddenly, the power surges through you, sending hammering blasts of TK force around your body!   
TK Overload MkIII:      
andrea:|   You are hurled across the room and straight through the wall! | You manage to brace yourself just enough to leave your spine intact, but your head took a severe hit, and your arms and legs are battered and in pain. You've got almost no bleeding though. You're dazed. | As you pick yourself off the ground, dazed and in pain, you notice the group of five elves, led by the swordself with the pale green hair, run out from behind a building. They stand before you, all five arranged to attack, but hesitant for some reason.   
Armor store:|   The armor store managed to contain the blast.   
Many many coins:|   The coins were thrashed about for a bit, and are now evenly distributed on the shop floor. Several have been hurled out through the hole left by Boksi! | Boksi is still picking himself up when this happens, and the coins fly clear over his head and head for the group of elves!   
   Greeny:{2} <Hurrk!> The coin goes straight into the elf's barely protected abdomen, piercing through clothing and flesh. | It barely went through the muscles though, and does not cause serious damage.   
   Shorty:{5} Shorty the elf wasn't hit by anything.   
   Sneaky:{1} <Aiiye!> A rather bent golden coin struck Sneaky in the eye! He's half blind now, and bleeding. | The coin doesn't have the power to go through bone.   
   Scary:{3} Ow. He jumps away, but is scratched by a coin.   
   Limpy:{5-1} Limpy or no, he can move fast enough to dodge a coin.   
After the dust settles down, LASD is standing on the rather coin-covered floor of the armor store, relatively unharmed.      
Quote from: Kashyyk
   I tell the dwarves that we aren't going to hurt them, we will be killing the cannibal elves.   
|   You speak to the dwarves, your metallic voice booming in the sudden silence. They suddenly snap out of their trance and look at you, comprehending you speech. When you finish, the dwarves let loose a massive cheer, immediately respecting you as the party leader, even forgetting about the Avatar of Armok. Now that they have snapped out, they are merely overjoyed, their morale has soared. Many dwarves are still admiring JK's armor, but none look at him like a demigod anymore. The dwarven guards have taken positions near the entrance, preparing for an imminent assault. (JK's avatar of armok status is gone, his orders are processed normally)   
------------      
NPC Actions:      
Quote from: Greeny elf
   This elf has pale green hair, and wields a longsword and shield of wood. Abdomen slightly pierced by a coin.   
Quote from: Shorty elf
   This one wields a shortsword, and is slightly shorter than the rest.   
Quote from: Sneaky elf
   This one also has a shortsword, and looks around warily as he walks. Eye poked out by a coin.   
Quote from: Scary elf
   This elf's face has obviously seen better days, it's scarred all over. He has a longbow. Scratched right arm.   
Quote from: Limpy elf
   This one seems to have been in battle not long ago. He's slightly wounded in the leg, but is no longer bleeding. Carries a shortbow.   
The party has exhausted its action on getting here, you have a chance to take them out.      
Quote from: Swordself 1
   This is the guy beside Frelock at the cloth shop. He's down for the moment and expended his action.   
Quote from: Elfzilla 2
   This is a massive, ten meters high beast made of elven bodies. It's mindless now, but still driven by rage and desire for flesh. It is, for all intents and purposes, a giant elven flesh golem. It has a -2 to dodge, but +1 against all damage.   
   The ravenous beast pounces on the elven army on the other side of an apartment building!   
We have liftoff: {4}   It successfully jumps over the building and lands right on top of a small group of archers, smothering them across the ground.   
------------      
Arrowfest! Only your luck will save you!      
andrea:|   A few arrows wheeze past you. You don't bother dodging.   
Frelock:|   Several arrows hit the ruined shop after flying above your head.   
Swordelf 1:|   One arrow strikes the soil right between the legs of the elf as he lies on the ground. The arrow leaves a small cut on his left lower leg.   
Greeny elf:|   Greeny sees the danger and jumps out of the way of the flying arrow. Unfortunately, the arrow continues its way toward the Sneaky elf.   
Shorty elf:|   Shorty tries to dodge, but an arrow still leaves a long cut on his upper body. He's bleeding a bit.   
Sneaky elf:|   He easily dodges an arrow that was falling his way. | He didn't see the other arrow headed for him, and I strikes him in the lower body! He's bleeding and nauseous, | but isn't hurt all that badly.   
Scary elf:|   Scary bashes a random flying arrow with his bow, sending it towards Limpy!   
Limpy elf:|   Limpy ducks in time for a few arrows to miss him. | As he ducks, however, another arrow strikes him into the side of the upper body! He's clearly in pain and bleeding, | but doesn't seem like dying just yet, because the arrow was stopped by the ribcage.   
Elfzilla 2:|   The giant monster is peppered by numerous arrows fired from all directions! | However, the wooden arrows cannot penetrate the thick muscles enough to cause any real damage.   
------------      
Status after turn:      
Boksi:      
Standing upright in the keep, on the first floor.      
Wearing a reddish-black jacket of Karl Moebius leather, underwear, and slightly torn jean shorts. Wielding a masterwork steel halberd.      
Head battered and bleeding. Arms heavily bruised. Skin and flesh is of greyish color.      
Abilities: Basic TK Manipulation.Basic TK Healing. Big Bully. Special status: Carbon Flesh Interweave. Can only speak goblin. Activated Visual Omnisensor.      
andrea:      
Standing upright out on the street beside the armor shop.      
Wearing underwear and fairly comfortable greyish trousers. Also wearing a armor set: -Iron splint-mail-, a shirt of leather, Bronze plated greaves, <<Iron high boots>>. Wielding a +Steel maul+.      
Head and Left arm battered. A few ribs on both sides cracked, one broken. Body and all limbs battered. Several large wooden splinters in left leg. Minor bleeding. In pain. (will have to make a save with +1)      
Abilities: Shrapnel Self. Basic TK Healing. Additional status: Blood Debt to God of War and Artifice.      
korora:      
Standing upright on the first floor of the keep.      
Wearing underwear, and makeshift bra-scarf clothing. Also wearing the armor set: <<+Iron breastplate+>>, a soft leather shirt, an Iron helmet, some hard leather greaves and -Aluminum high boots-.  Wielding an Iron handaxe in the right hand, and a -Black bronze warhammer- in the left.      
Unharmed.      
Abilities: Basic TK Healing (!).      
chaoticag:      
Wearing underwear. Wielding a cracked +Ashen Scimitar of Splinters+.      
Concussive damage to internal organs, large bruise on left upper arm. Bruised back.      
Abilities: Basic TK Healing.      
Gantolandon:      
Down on the pile of meat in the cellar of the tavern.      
Wearing underwear and a thin silky sweater. Covered in dried vomit. Right foot covered with elven blood and brains. Holding a paperclip and a nice pair of white socks. Wielding an Iron dagger.      
Unconscious. Face and most of the body bruised. Hands pierced by numerous splinters. Left wrist sprained. Nasty scratch along the head. Light bleeding.      
Abilities: Basic TK Healing(!).      
Frelock:      
Standing upright near the ruined cloth shop.      
Wearing underwear. Holding a somewhat dirty <<*Giant cave spider silk robe*>>, and +hippo leather sandals+. Wielding a -Small Iron throwing knife-.      
Sprained ankle. (-1 agility dodge)      
Abilities: Slightly improved strength. Meagerly improved agility. Can be cautious while calm. Improved TK Healing II.      
Kashyyk:      
Naked. Wielding a -Steel Greataxe-.      
Flesh turned into iron, but otherwise unharmed.      
Abilities: Enrage Other. Enrage Self. Basic TK Healing. Special status: Activated Selective Translator. Extra: Rollerblades in the forearms.      
Rooster:      
Standing upright in the food store.      
Wearing underwear. "Wears" illusion clothing (white garments, white robe) seen only by him.      
Unharmed.      
Abilities: Improved Intelligence. Basic TK Healing. Power of Trickery (+). Special status: Blessing of Peace. Invisible. Beast Within. Extra: Doesn't know who he is, and calls himself Red.      
LASD:      
Standing upright in the armor shop.      
Wearing underwear, and a white/pink/yellow suit and top hat made of underwear. Also wearing the armor set: <<+Iron chain Cuirass+>>, -Iron chain gloves-, Iron chain greaves, and Iron low boots.      
Bruised left foot.      
Abilities: Power of Peace. Special status: Peacekeeper.      
Jay Kayell:      
Standing upright in morbid corpse-steel powered armor, on the first floor of the keep.      
Wearing purple stretchy shorts. Useless shreds of underwear on right arm. Wielding a +Iron flanged mace+. The armor is armed with a collection of axes and swords, and its steel fists as well.      
Unharmed.      
Abilities: Novice Wrestler. Basic TK Healing. Blood of the Blood God. Blood Rage. Special status: Wearing Improved Corpse-steel power armor.      
---------      
Environment:      
Tavern:   Two-floor building. The door is blown out, the doorframe is torn out as well. Amid the room is a large barricade of broken furniture, elven corpses and trash. Half of the building's roof is gone, most of it is now smashed into the floor. A large hole is broken into the storage cellar. Another hole is busted through the building's wall. There're some weapons stuck into the first floor's ceiling. The building houses your enter/exit point.   
Human/Dwarven Capital:   Large city on the outskirts of hell knows where. Holds a modest amount of homes, from hovels to two-floor apartment buildings, a set of shops, a temple, and a keep. Currently being surrounded by a verily horde of elves. The dwarves are mounting a large defence using siege engines atop the keep.   
Food store:   Square one-floor building with long tables laden with salted and fried meats of all kinds. There's a single wide table at the far end, with a chest on top of it. There's a mighty fine hole broken through the ceiling.   
Cloth store:   Rolls of cloth and various cloth, silk, and leather articles of clothing are on the many shelves inside this building. There's a single wide table at the far end, with a chest on top of it. The entire building is barely standing, most of its roof is collapsed. There's a pile of elf-paste near the building, and some elven corpses.   
Armor store:   Everywhere in the shop various pieces of armor are thrown about, shields of different sizes litter the floor, and arrayed under the now-broken shelves and tables are enough various boots to outfit a battalion. At the far end of the building, there is a single wide table. The heavy chest is on the floor, broken, a large supplement of coins from it now covers the floor.   
The Keep:   Large four-floor building. The first floor is almost devoid of furniture. A lot of civilians are huddled together in groups all over the floor. At least a dozen and a half guards are also there. The roof of the keep is fortified with ballistae and catapults.   
------------      
Background: [3]   Some of you have noticed that rainclouds began to gather over the city. The sounds of fighting are definetly closer, the ballistae on the roof are firing incessantly.   

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: September 13, 2008, 01:03:46 pm »

I don't suppose you could whip up a quick MS Pain map of the immediate vicinity, showing the locations of various players, buildings and NPCs? I'm  a bit confused as to the locations of stuff.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 13, 2008, 01:08:10 pm »

Me too. Does it matter in the slightest? I know the tavern is right next to the keep, the armor store is a little further off in another direction, the cloth store is somewhere not too far from the keep as well, and the food store is a good distance away from everything else. All about are houses of various forms, and you never found the temple. Making a map will further hem me in, description-wise, forcing me to use the map and see where stuff could have come from and I see no point in that.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 13, 2008, 01:10:18 pm »

Oh. OK then, we'll have everything quantum-based then! Don't collapse the waveform, men!

That rhymed. Heh.

Anyway, I suppose I'll attack the elfzilla, preferably from behind.

EDIT: er, that's actually rather stupid when I think about it. Are the elves near the keep?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 01:12:32 pm by Boksi »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 13, 2008, 01:13:59 pm »

Well, they're all around the town, but supposedly the immediate vicinity of the keep isn't occupied. The tavern is right next to the keep though, and the elfzilla is very close to that, munching on the marching elven armies. So I'd say the elves are very close.

Also,
Quote from: Boksi
..MS Pain..
Heheh. New Microsoft product? :P

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 13, 2008, 01:15:16 pm »

Perhaps we should wait a turn before attacking then...

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 13, 2008, 01:39:21 pm »

I look out the arrowslits, surveying the suroundings.

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 13, 2008, 01:45:04 pm »

Cellar! I search for some bewerages as vigorously I can in my poor state...

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 13, 2008, 01:45:16 pm »

LASD, heal me please.

i can't go to the keep this turn, and can't stand still healing my wounds with 5 elves near me.

i attack the elves!

now, another speech...
i'll post it later.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 13, 2008, 01:50:55 pm »

Can I go help andrea instead?

I can just imagine andrea giving a speech, and then suddenly out of nowhere me bursting in in some sort of anticlimax.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 13, 2008, 02:00:13 pm »

i can't remember who i am, i can't remember how it all started, i don't know how i came here.
i am stuck in this multiworld puzzle with people that could be my best friends as well as my worst enemyes. i probably have an house and a family waiting for me, but instead of being at home, with a wife and an hot meal for dinner i arrived here in a war. and now i am wounded, on the ground and you try to kill me! i don't know why you are fighting, and i don't know if there are people for which i should be fighting, but if i die i will never know the truth.
you will never stop me!!DIE ELVES!!!

not the same kind as the first one, but i think it is still good.

and boksi, you are welcome

edit: i should work more on this speech. maybe later i'll edit it.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 409