Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404224 times)

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Multiworld Madness. Runs RTD Extended 1.3.
« Reply #465 on: September 11, 2008, 04:08:24 pm »

Something within the Cthluhu Mythos would be nice.  Before you denounce this, I have to point out that there are a multitude of settings within, including the Dreamlands, Hyperborea, and Zothique.

Otherwise, I think something steam-punk would be cool too.

korora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: September 11, 2008, 04:09:47 pm »

I'm fairly confident my only real choice here is to don my armor.  If I can squeeze it in, I'll try to help LASD with the chest, but I'm guessing wearing armor is a full turn, right?

I definitely think this is the most-viewed RTD for good reason.  Nice work, Sean!
DFPaint, a cross-platform 'screenbuilder' utility

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: September 11, 2008, 04:20:14 pm »

Nonanonymous, I am afraid I am completely unacquainted with the Cthulhu mythos, or anything out of Lovecraft, for that matter.

Btw, I think your character can go as "Nonan". "Nonan the Barbarian", "Nonan the Destroyer", etc. :)
I think that since we're so close to completing this world, I'll rather stick you in when (if) these people complete it.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: September 11, 2008, 04:32:20 pm »

Heh, that sounds like an okay name to me.

And another suggestion I have is a 'Adventurer archaeologist' location.  Everything else I can think is would just simply end up being too specific.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: September 11, 2008, 05:26:34 pm »

Well, at least I'm awake now.

I run to the clothing shop (yes clothing, not armor; I'm going for a warrior monk here).

And great job, Sean.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 11, 2008, 05:28:12 pm »

I attempt to spontaneously learn a language the people in the keep are likely to know. I suppose that if I get a three I'll learn elvish... But what on a six?
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 11, 2008, 05:55:05 pm »

I'd imagine you'd learn the Truenames of everything in their vocabulary, and unleash hell by attempting to speak a sentence.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: September 11, 2008, 06:15:54 pm »

I imagine things will fly about. Limbs and inanimate objects both.

Or maybe I just can't shut up?

Anyway, I heartily recommend the Lovecraftian mythos even if you don't know it. I don't know it either, but c'mon, I'll bet someone will try to punch out Cthulhu.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: September 12, 2008, 01:44:10 am »

Yeah, but what do you expect me to do? Stick you onto a derelict whaler populated by zombies and enduring a severe storm, so you can survive a Cthulhu attack?

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: September 12, 2008, 03:00:09 am »

Yes, that's exactly what we expect you to do ;).

Who are we waiting for?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: September 12, 2008, 03:02:05 am »

No one, just me.

All was going fine and well this turn. The keep is slowly being populated by players. The dwarves suddenly found a new semimegabeast to worship. At least three creatures were minced into a fine paste, and at least 10 were arrow-shot to death. Andrea was out of luck this turn.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 12, 2008, 03:17:11 am »

you... you.. you CAN'T say that before posting rolls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
was i killed by arrows? minced in a fine paste? just wounded? got a curse? dead for anything else? humans and dwarves think i am an enemy?

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 12, 2008, 03:18:22 am »

i should have crafted a resurrection ankh like the one in warcraft III (don't know if the name is the right one. it is that item that makes your hero come back after 180 seconds or something like that)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 12, 2008, 03:25:34 am »

You were out of a different kind of luck. Heheh. No player slots open yet. ;)

Alright, I'll torture you no longer, TURN!

------------   
Turn 16   
------------   
Quote from: andrea
   i take any armor . just a block of metal if i can't find soemthing else!

|   This time, you search more thoroughly. Digging up a few nice matching armor pieces, you quickly put them on. You're now wearing an -Iron splint-mail-, a shirt of leather under that, some pretty basic Bronze plated greaves over your trousers, and <<Iron high boots>> menacing with spikes of | hoary marmot bone. The whole set provides a +1 against critical bludgeon and noncritical piercing damage, but weighs you down slightly (-1 speed and critical agility dodge). The boots provide a statistical bonus to kick damage.
Quote from: Rooster
   "I clean the sweat from my forehead (Not an action, just some epicness)
And I pray to some god of heroes
-"" Oh! Mighty gods I thank you for saving me!
I have a favor to ask thou
- If you will aid me more I vow that I will ( with my companions) save this city from barbaric elves)"

|   You pray to some god, hoping he will hear your plight. Suddenly, the same coarse voice replies "Har. Gettin' in trouble, are ya? Ozzeb made great work of his trickery, don't ya think? Har! Haa… Oh, Ozzeb shall get a mighty lot of fun with this puny mortal. Haa..." The voice fades away as it says the last phrase. You're a little dumbfounded. You're not sure you're still invisible, but you can see yourself.
Quote from: Jay Kayell
   I go to the keep, and try very hard to not get stuck in the doorway.

|   Finally deciding to unjam yourself, you focus, and lunge forward. CRRRACK!!! A large chunk of the wooden doorframe has been torn out and is now adding to the door splinters on the ground. But you're free. You walk to the keep. | You approch the doors, attempt to open them, but your armor suddenly surges with power, and the door is torn from its hinges. You drop it. When you enter, you are suddenly greeted with cries of awe and dismay. Several dwarves rush to the doorway, but stop a few paces away, and gaze at you. You clearly make an impression on them. Suddenly several more come near and stand in the same way, as if hypnotized by your presence. A few minutes in, and most of the dwarves on the floor are standing huddled together and looking at you incessantly. You feel uneasy.
Quote from: Kashyyk
   I also go to the keep

|   You pick yourself from the ground, and walk to the keep. | You tear down the second door as you enter. Seeing that the dwarves are of no use, a few humans rush up to you with weapons in their hands, but when you see you, made out of iron, holding a large axe, and emanating a faint aura of a very potent spirit, they all back away and decide that if you wished to do them harm, they'd be dead by now. Whenever you move around, the humans keep their distance from you.
Quote from: LASD
   So, now that I'm suitably protected, I'll have a look at the chest and have an attempt at opening it.

|   You walk over to the chest. After a few minutes of fiddling with the lock and trying to pry the lid open, you decide to use brute force. You pick the chest up (heavy), and smash it into the floor! "KERWHACK!" You holler in pain, as the chest, magnificiently intact, lands on your left foot! | The damage's only superficial though, your foot is merely bruised, and the iron boot is barely dented.
Quote from: chaoticag
   I phase through the wall.
   Since you don't specify which, I'll let the roll figure that one out.
|   You run up to the keep's wall, focus and concentrate your mind. Guided by your TK and psychic power, your body fuzzies out of existance, and slowly phases through the keep's wall, safely materializing inside. | Your act of materialization scared the living crap out of everyone in the immediate vicinity. The fact that you're holding a mean-looking wooden sword didn't help that. Several guards rush over to your location. You stand in a defensive stance, ready to deflect any blows, but the humans look at you, and, as if remembering something, back off. Civilians give you suspicious looks as you walk towards the rest of your company.
Quote from: Gantolandon
   Hmmmm... my cunning plan didn't work. So I begin to send telekinetic blasts directly into the groups of archers, trying to eliminate those which threaten me the most.

|   Seeing the imminent threat to the keep and your safety, you start concentrating your TK and sending it in directed blasts towards groups of elves advancing along the streets. Your attacks only knock them over at this distance though, and don't cause significant damage. You still manage to hold them off, but you're now the prime target for archers. (-1 to arrowfest roll)
Quote from: korora
   I'm fairly confident my only real choice here is to don my armor.  If I can squeeze it in, I'll try to help LASD with the chest, but I'm guessing wearing armor is a full turn, right?

|   You spend a few minutes carefully arranging the armor on your body.
Quote from: Frelock
   I run to the clothing shop (yes clothing, not armor; I'm going for a warrior monk here).

|   You run to the clothing shop, but to your dismay it has been ravaged by andrea, and there is no entrance anymore. Some of it is still intact though, so you might get at something if you get inside.
Quote from: Boksi
   I attempt to spontaneously learn a language the people in the keep are likely to know.

|   You strain your mind, and suddenly realise you know a new language! When you try to speak the words of it, everyone in the keep looks at you very suspiciously, so you stop. Then, in horror, you realise you have forgotten your original language, and can only speak this one! (-2 to any action involving vocal communication. And yes, the language is goblin.)
------------   
NPC Actions:   I'm a lil bit annoyed by having to do circles around "Sword-elf 1"s for names, so I'll give them some identifiers if you don't mind.
Quote from: Sword-elf 1
   This one has pale green hair, and wields a longsword and shield of wood. Let's call him "Greeny".

Quote from: Sword-elf 2
   This one wields a shortsword, and is slightly shorter than the rest. Let's call him "Shorty".

Quote from: Sword-elf 3
   This one also has a shortsword, and looks around warily as he walks. Let's call him "Sneaky".

Quote from: Bow-elf 1
   This elf's face has obviously seen better days, it's scarred all over. He has a longbow. Let's call him "Scary".

Quote from: Bow-elf 2
   This one seems to have been in battle not long ago. He's slightly wounded in the leg, but is no longer bleeding. Carries a shortbow. Let's call him "Limpy".

Nobody can see what the group is doing.   
------------   
Arrowfest! Only your luck will save you!   
Gantolandon:|   On the wave of your success, you started augmenting your TK blasts with the arrows shot at you! | At least half a dozen elven archers fell, pincushioned by their own arrows.
Frelock:|   Suddenly, an elven attack squad charges at you from behind the shop! Four archers unleash a volley of arrows at you, while three elf swordsmen run at you with their longswords raised! You are suddenly very calm and concentrated. Your TK field flares around you, the elven arrows are caught in it and launched back at the archers! The swordsmen run at you, and leap at you all at once, screaming curses in their treehugging tongue! The TK field consumes them, their death screams quickly and abruptly cut short by the sound of their flesh and bones being minced to a fine paste. As the elf paste plops to the ground, you see the elven archers still standing, but each of them is clutching at the chest, where two arrows are embedded. Slowly they drop to their knees, and then fall down, never to rise again. You are now very calm and concentrated. (You will remain "calm" for the entire next turn)
------------   
Status after turn:   
Boksi:   
Standing upright in the keep, on the first floor.   
Wearing a reddish-black jacket of Karl Moebius leather, underwear, and slightly torn jean shorts. Wielding a masterwork steel halberd.   
Head battered and bleeding. Arms heavily bruised. Skin and flesh is of greyish color.   
Abilities: Basic TK Manipulation.Basic TK Healing. Big Bully. Special status: Carbon Flesh Interweave. Can only speak goblin.   
andrea:   
Standing upright in the armor shop.   
Wearing underwear and fairly comfortable greyish trousers. Also wearing a armor set: -Iron splint-mail-, a shirt of leather, Bronze plated greaves, <<Iron high boots>>. Wielding a +Steel maul+.   
Left arm battered. A few ribs on the left side cracked, one broken. Body and all limbs bruised. Several large wooden splinters in left leg. Minor bleeding.   
Abilities: Shrapnel Self. Basic TK Healing. Additional status: Blood Debt to God of War and Artifice.   
korora:   
Wearing underwear, and makeshift bra-scarf clothing. Also wearing the armor set: <<+Iron breastplate+>>, a soft leather shirt, an Iron helmet, some hard leather greaves and -Aluminum high boots-.  Wielding an Iron handaxe in the right hand, and a -Black bronze warhammer- in the left.   
Unharmed.   
Basic TK Healing (!).   
chaoticag:   
Wearing underwear. Wielding a cracked +Ashen Scimitar of Splinters+.   
Concussive damage to internal organs, large bruise on left upper arm. Cut left hand, minor bleeding. Bruised back. Slightly sprained ankle. Slightly drowsy.   
Basic TK Healing.   
Gantolandon:   
Standing upright on the roof of the tavern.   
Wearing underwear and a thin silky sweater. Covered in dried vomit. Right foot covered with elven blood and brains. Holding a paperclip and a nice pair of white socks. Wielding an Iron dagger.   
Face bruised. Hands pierced by numerous splinters. Nasty scratch along the head. Light bleeding.   
Basic TK Healing(!).   
Frelock:   
Standing upright near the ruined cloth shop.   
Wearing underwear. Holding a greenish warm sweater and skyblue shorts, both too small to wear. Wielding a -Small Iron throwing knife-.   
Unharmed.   
Slightly improved strength. Meagerly improved agility. Can be cautious while calm. Improved TK Healing II.   
Kashyyk:   
Naked. Wielding a -Steel Greataxe-.   
Flesh turned into iron, but otherwise unharmed.   
Abilities: Enrage Other. Enrage Self. Basic TK Healing. Extra: Rollerblades in the forearms.   
Rooster:   
Standing upright in the food store.   
Wearing underwear. "Wears" illusion clothing (white garments, white robe) seen only by him.   
Unharmed.   
Abilities: Basic TK Healing. Power of Trickery (+). Special status: Blessing of Peace. Invisible.  Extra: Doesn't know who he is, and calls himself Red.   
LASD:   
Wearing underwear, and a white/pink/yellow suit and top hat made of underwear. Also wearing the armor set: <<+Iron chain Cuirass+>>, -Iron chain gloves-, Iron chain greaves, and Iron low boots.   
Bruised left foot.   
Abilities: Power of Peace. Special status: Peacekeeper.   
Jay Kayell:   
Standing upright in morbid corpse-steel powered armor, on the first floor of the keep.   
Wearing purple stretchy shorts. Useless shreds of underwear on right arm. Wielding a +Iron flanged mace+. The armor is armed with a collection of axes and swords, and its steel fists as well.   
Unharmed.   
Abilities: Novice Wrestler. Basic TK Healing. Blood of the Blood God. Blood Rage. Special status: Wearing corpse-steel powered armor. Avatar of Armok.   
---------   
Environment:   
Tavern:   Two-floor building. The door is blown out, the doorframe is torn out as well. Amid the room is a large barricade of broken furniture, elven corpses and trash. Half of the building's roof is gone, most of it is now smashed into the floor. A large hole is broken into the storage cellar. Another hole is busted through the building's wall. There're some weapons stuck into the first floor's ceiling. The building houses your enter/exit point.
Human/Dwarven Capital:   Large city on the outskirts of hell knows where. Holds a modest amount of homes, from hovels to two-floor apartment buildings, a set of shops, a temple, and a keep. Currently being surrounded by a verily horde of elves. The dwarves are mounting a large defence using siege engines atop the keep.
Food store:   Square one-floor building with long tables laden with salted and fried meats of all kinds. There's a single wide table at the far end, with a chest on top of it. There's a mighty fine hole broken through the ceiling.
Cloth store:   Rolls of cloth and various cloth, silk, and leather articles of clothing are on the many shelves inside this building. There's a single wide table at the far end, with a chest on top of it. The entire building is barely standing, most of its roof is collapsed. There's a pile of elf-paste near the building, and some elven corpses.
Armor store:   On all of the shelves in the shop lie various pieces of armor, shields of different sizes are hung on the walls, and arrayed under the shelves are enough various boots to outfit a battalion. At the far end of the building, there is an single wide table. The heavy chest is on the floor, intact.
The Keep:   Large four-floor building. The first floor is almost devoid of furniture. A lot of civilians are huddled together in groups all over the floor. At least a dozen and a half guards are also there. The roof of the keep is fortified with ballistae and catapults.
------------   
Background: [1]   Again a [1]. Nothing new noticed this turn.

Andrea missed out on all the elf-killing action. ;D
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 03:29:34 am by Sean Mirrsen »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 12, 2008, 03:44:34 am »

gaHH!! everybody can kill elves but me???

i heal myself.

next thing to do is going to the keep. then training TK. then going to the roof of the keep to send a powerful TK blast toward the elven army.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 409