Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 403999 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Multiworld Madness, or I Am Positively Insane.
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2008, 10:07:33 am »

Btw, the "most obvious action to do when you wake up in a strange room" was "look around". :) You don't need to do that now though, chaoticag knows everything you could possibly find in this place.

Alright, TURN.

------
Turn 1:
------
Jay Kayell: I make power-armor out of my two pieces of former underwear.
=[5] Pouring your will into them, you are able to make some of the strings come to life and contract on your command. Try as you might though, you cannot force the two pieces of underwear to stretch so much. You are able to make an underwear-powered-armor piece for your right arm (+1 to strength-dependant actions with the arm)

LASD: I make a suit and a top hat out of the underwear in the quantum stockpile.
=[5] You spend some time taking underwear out of the storage. Then, with a speed that would amaze a ninja champion, you string the individual pieces together to form a very nicely fitting suit and top hat. You used up the keyring as a structural element, and there's nothing you can do about the coloring, it's dazzingly white, yellow, and pink.

Boksi: I spontaneously grow many meters tall.
=[4] You call on your inner powers. Your mind sends signals throughout the body, urging the cells to replicate! You spontaneosly grow large, many meters tall. Your underwear stretches for a while, but can't take so much tension and gets ripped apart. The cube reacts to your growth! Glowing orbs of green light fly out of the ceiling and fly toward you!
Boski plays Neo with the orbs: [4] You successfully dodge three of the four orbs. One slightly touches your right shoulder and is absorbed into it. Your growing stops. You feel like you are slowly shrinking.

Gantolandon: Using my paperclip, I try to short circuit the panel and open the room.
=[5] You use your paperclip on the panel. After a minute of fiddling, sparks fly out of the panel. The ceiling suddenly goes out. It is dark. The panel is still glowing green. The charred marks of the short-circuiting are slowly dissolving away from its surface.

Kashyyk: I learn to summon
=[6] You concentrate. REAL hard. After a minute or so, you finally learn something. You learn to summon the wrath of any nearby living thing upon you. The ceiling light flickers.

Frelock: I do some stretches and exercises to increase my agility and balance.
=[4] You stretch and excersize for a bit. You feel like you got slightly more agile, but you will probably have to practice a lot more than that to achieve any better result.

korora: Keeping my stylish headwear on for now, I touch the X on the panel.
=[5] You stylishly walk up to the panel, stylishly move your arm, and with a stylish motion stylishly graze the X on the panel with your index finger. As soon as you finish your motion, everything before your eyes blasts into pure light. For a split second, that went past like a decade, you feel extremely slight, but extremely fast vibrations, coupled with blast upon blast of pure light slamming through what you think is your body. When the light fades, you discover yourself standing, slightly dazed, in the same pose in exactly the same spot of exactly the same cube. Looking around, you notice that everyone else seems to have passed through the same process.
Rolls against daze and confusion:
  • Boksi: [4] You are only slightly dazed, you can firmly control your movement.
  • LASD: [5] You are not dazed at all, indeed you did not notice the event, probably because you were busy with making the suit out of underwear. The event caught you mid-movement, but you resumed your craft right away.
  • Gantolandon: [5] You also escape the daze and confusion. You even managed to notice that, a split second before the blasts of light, all the buttons on the panel flashed randomly and went out again.
  • chaoticag: [5] You instinctively predicted the event and your mind was prepared for it. You were not dazed. During the split second of the event, your feeling of knowledge faded, but returned the instant the light was gone. As far as you can feel, it is the same universe, not another place or a similar plane.
  • Frelock: [2] Your mind and body were strained with excersize when the event hit, you were dazed, lost your balance and fell. The soft rug cushioned the impact. You are unharmed.
  • andrea: [2] The blasts of light were completely surprising. You are dazed and confused, but remain standing.
    Kashyyk: [4] All that concentration paid off. You are barely dazed by the affair.
  • Rooster: [2] Whether it's another effect of the curse or a completely different cause, but you are very dizzy after the event. You stagger, but do not fall.
  • Jay Kayell: [2] Your power armor...thing could not protect you. Maybe a power helmet would? Anyway, you are also dazed and confused, leaning against a wall.
(everyone who'se dazed gets a -1 penalty to rolls until their next action is resolved)
The ceiling light is shining again.

andrea: i try to get the power to sumon small spiked metal balls
=[4-1(daze)=3] You try to focus your dazed mind, but fail. You briefly summon an image of marbles into your mind, but that's as far as it goes. You're no longer dazed.

chaoticag: I proceed to touch the touch me panel
=[6] Charging across the room, you slam your fist into the control panel. The panel cracks, and shatters into pieces of plastic that evaporate a split second before hitting any solid surface. Your right hand is also broken. You are lightly bleeding and in pain. The cube reacts! Tiny green orbs appear from the ceiling and fly towards you!
chaoticag dodges the unknown: [1] In a stunning display of bravery or stupidity (or due to understanding the nature of the cube), you hold out your broken hand towards the flying orbs. The orbs impact your right hand and absorb into it. Suddenly the pain is gone and your hand quickly regenerates to normal condition.
The ceiling light flickers, and goes out. For a moment it is dark. The light suddenly turns on, and to everyone's surprise the panel is back on the wall, unscathed.

Rooster: (AI) Not having a better name, I call myself Red. I press the "Hepl" sign on the panel.
=[4-1(daze)=3] You try walking up to the panel, stagger, fall, get up again, fall again, and finally crawl up to it and touch the Hepl sign with your finger. Suddenly, a pale green transparent hologram appears above the panel, that displays this text:
4 of 6
Green's the color of this hunt.
Keys unlock the greater way.
Nine they are, each place holds one.
Push a button, don't delay!

------
Status after turn 1:
Boksi: Standing upright. Naked. Approx. five meters tall. (+1 to-hit bonus to any attacking creature) Slowly returning to normal height.
LASD: Standing upright. Wearing underwear. Holding a white/yellow/pink nicely fitting suit and top hat made of underwear.
Gantolandon: Standing upright. Naked. Holding a shred of underwear cloth and a miraculously preserved paperclip.
chaoticag: Standing upright. Wearing underwear. Knows everything about the start area cube that happens to be the entirety of this universe.
Frelock: Flat on the rug-covered floor. Wearing underwear. Slightly improved agility (no bonus until further improvement). Dazed.
andrea: Standing upright. Wearing underwear.
korora: Standing upright. Wearing underwear and a pink bra-hat.
Kashyyk: Standing upright. Wearing underwear. Can cause any living being in immediate vicinity to attack him with utmost brutality.
Rooster: Kneeling next to the panel. Wearing underwear. Doesn't know who he is, and calls himself Red.
Jay Kayell: Leaning against a wall. Dazed. Naked, except a mind controlled underwear enhancement on the right arm (+1 to strength actions with the arm).

Environment: Cube. Dark metal walls, glowing ceiling, vomit-green rug on the floor, nine marked pedestals, seemingly indestructible panel with 9 yellow buttons and a 'hepl' hologram above it, open quantum stockpile of underwear.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2008, 10:14:04 am »

I jump around like an idiot.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2008, 10:23:21 am »

I push a random button.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2008, 10:30:02 am »

I kinda hoped you would pick a button yourself. I don't have a d10. :P

Btw, please note that this is a semi-serious RPG crammed into a barely-sane system. You're free to converse between yourselves and discuss/plot against the game. Hehe.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 10:31:56 am by Sean Mirrsen »

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2008, 10:35:53 am »

I can use random.org if I really need to. I'd just rather if the fate of the players was in their hands, not mine. Some things out there can be very harmful to the health, and some are a lot weirder than others.

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2008, 10:48:17 am »

OK... I push the fourth one.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2008, 11:44:00 am »

sorry people - I have to go to school you know...
but I have an idea
instead of one action I can post first action and a second that follows no matter what , so I can play this game and go to school ( but only if you approve )
Hmm - my name's red right ...
first: I try to turn myself into a devil with inhumane powers
second: I try to tell the "thing" that we're in to change into dwarf fortress (like a city, not a game)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2008, 11:48:35 am »

Gah. Wow, nice choice. You shall be surprised. ;)

One thing I forgot (I will add it to the turn post now) - Background check roll.
[1]....  well...  nevermind. Nobody noticed anything new.

@Rooster: Sorry I put you an AI status. You can take over anytime. Btw, what "thing"?

Also also - do you have psychic powers? As in, the actual you? Just wondering... >_>

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2008, 11:51:43 am »

I look under the rug.
btw I am male.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2008, 12:09:37 pm »

i concentrate on the art of making things explode at my will.
(like the metal psiked balls i failed to learn to summon)

if this fail, i'll try to do some more normal thing.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2008, 12:18:46 pm »

i make a pair of pants from some underwear in the quantum stockpile and put them on (does this count as two actions?).
I am male, btw.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2008, 12:22:59 pm »

I learn Karate

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2008, 12:23:54 pm »

I meditate in order to clear my mind of distractions and increase my perception of the world around me.
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 409