Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404189 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Multiworld Madness. Runs RTD Extended 1.3.
« Reply #405 on: September 10, 2008, 09:12:42 pm »

I don't know, we seem to have a problem keeping up the two-turns-a-day even as we are. As your stats say, your main posting hours (my time) are 1.00-11.00. You never post after 12.00 my time, which is when I can do the morning turn, and you rarely post before my midnight, when I do the before-sleep turn.

I might add you (explaining another mechanic in the process, heh), but I'll hear out the rest of the players first. The problem for you in this case will be that you are dropped into an already hostile world with nothing in the way of protecting yourself.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 09:25:51 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 10, 2008, 09:54:18 pm »

I have the chance to post at what's 7 a.m. in my time, which I think is 9 p.m. for you, though I've never bothered to try, given that I'm a slow riser.  I might also be able to post somewhere between 10:00-12:40 p.m..

As for the disadvantage, I think of it like the 'Play Now!' adventurer who has to sneak into shops and steal armor and weapons before venturing out into the wilderness.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 11, 2008, 12:52:09 am »

Kinda, except that would be a PlayNow! character spontaneously appearing amidst an elven siege. :)

You would need to post sometime from 8.00GMT to 20.00GMT (I'm at GMT+4) to make an action for my "midnight" turn, and after the turn till 8.00GMT for the "noon" turn.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 11, 2008, 04:47:22 am »

I'm going to the roof. This time not using TK.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 11, 2008, 04:50:09 am »

if you are going to allow him to play, i think he should enter after we go back in the cube or in another world. i think it would fit better with the story...

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 11, 2008, 04:55:37 am »

Hm. Alright, Kashyyk doesn't seem to be getting to his PC till my midnight again, and Rooster's gone as well, so these are on AI, and the rest have posted. I hope to be able to put a turn up soonish, got some RL work getting in the way.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 11, 2008, 06:40:59 am »

first:
i go to the keep
second:
i heal myself with tk healing

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 11, 2008, 07:08:18 am »

Yeh. I don't know if your rolls would be different if I was the one calling that action for you, but you got into some pretty inconvenient situation right now. Also, ouch.

On the overall, not much has happened. We have another possible tank in the group, another broken building on our account, and one Baron Munchhausen, or whatever the name is.

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 11, 2008, 07:12:06 am »

Just posting this to see if I fall into one of the time slots here.  I think I can manage it, anyways.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 11, 2008, 07:14:07 am »

Baron Munchhausen?

hmm..

is it the one that flew on a cannonball in a book?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 11, 2008, 07:14:18 am »

I have the rolls done, only the status checks remain. I gotta run for a bit, hope the turn will be up in half an hour.

Nonanonymous, if you want to play, choose a shorter name for reference, like "Nonanon". :)
If you can only manage one time slot, I can put you on periodic AI, if you're OK with that.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 11, 2008, 08:21:35 am »

I think that something is hidden before ONLY me
so... Is there something I'm missing?
did I just got into the middle of s*** without knowing it?
Im all confused

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 11, 2008, 08:53:52 am »

Alright, I'm finally finished.

Comments at end of turn, now here it is!

------------   
Turn 14   
------------   
Quote from: andrea
   i rush to the armor shop bashing its door to get some armor (i know door is open, but i don't want to have -1 on rolls.

|   Bwahahahaha! You leap up, brandish your maul, and charge out of the clothing shop, bashing at the wall as you run! The wall is shattered! | As you run out of it, the roof of the shop breaks, most of the shop is collapsed! You charge at the armor shop and smash yor maul against the doorframe! | You must've exhausted yourself though, as you only manage to crack it slightly. Still, you got to the armor shop without too much collateral damage.
Quote from: korora
   I go to the armor shop (and look for some light armor if I can squeeze that in this turn).

|   You leave your cover, but a branch of the bush suddenly gives off a loud CRACK as you step on it! | The elves are long gone though and don't notice. You sigh in relief and walk to the armor shop without further delays.
Quote from: LASD
   I drop my bow (I will never need it) and find a set of armor that fits under my clothes (Ring mail and matching pants for example.)

|   You throw your ugly, despised bow away with immeasurable force! | It crashes against the wall and shatters. You then proceed to search for your armor in the room, carefully picking up every piece, evaluating it, and if you don't like it, throwing it into the pile in the center of the room. You manage to find a suitable <<+Iron chain cuirass+>>, emblazoned with a nice image of a burning tree in silver on the chest. You find some -Iron chain gloves- in addition to that. You also find a fitting pair of Iron chain greaves and Iron low boots. You are holding all of that. (The set will, when put on, get you a -1 on agility dodge and endurance (long walks), but a +1 against slashing damage.)
Quote from: Jay Kayell
   My action: I make another powered arm thing from the shreds of underwear I am currently wearing on my right arm. Recycling is good for the environment, you know

|   Your arms are bound into armor, and you can't get to the remains of your trusted accessory.
Quote from: Frelock
   I work on my healing skills.

|   You struggle in your mind to regain consciousness, but ultimately fail. (only -1 penalty to next turn)
Quote from: Boksi
   I attempt to practice looking intimidating. Really intimidating. "I think I'll go attack that other guy instead" kind of intimidating, in fact.

|   You try to strike a menacing pose. A combination of grey skin, reddish-black leather jacket, and a sizeable halberd makes you look rather menacing. You try it again while looking at a passing bird. | The bird squawks in dismay, loses balance and tumbles downward, but manages to catch the air again a few feet off the ground. You're very pleased with yourself. (You can now concentrate on being menacing and intimidating, which makes anyone attacking you get a -2 morale penalty, but you get a -1 on all dodge except mind-affecting attacks.)
Quote from: chaoticag
   I go to the keep.

|   You bump into the same problem as Kashyyk last turn - you cannot figure out how to get past JK the doorway plug. You try to push him out, but cut your hand on one of his many weapons. (Minor Bleeding)
Quote from: Gantolandon
   I'm going to the roof. This time not using TK.

|   With most of the roof gone, you try to scramble to the top through the opening. You jump up and try to pull yourself onto the broken wall, but the wall edges are jagged! Your hands are full of splinters. You tolerate the pain and minor bleeding incurred, and finally stand on the roof of what's left of the tavern. (You lose the +1 against random arrows, since you're above most of the buildings)
Quote from: Rooster
   i go to the keep

|   You face the same JK-plug in the doorway, but suddenly realise that there is a small space just between JK's legs to squeeze through. You manage to squeeze through, but you get a few scratches and almost lose your underwear. You see Boksi standing near the keep's entrance, and decide that it must be for a reason, so you stand next to him.
Quote from: Kashyyk
   I try to smash through the tavern wall and go outside.

|   WHACK! POW! CHOP!...  Your efforts have positively mangled the wall, but didn't make any opening in the thick wooden logs.
------------   
NPC Actions:   I'm a lil bit annoyed by having to do circles around "Sword-elf 1"s for names, so I'll give them some identifiers if you don't mind.
Quote from: Sword-elf 1
   This one has pale green hair, and wields a longsword and shield of wood. Let's call him "Greeny".

Quote from: Sword-elf 2
   This one wields a shortsword, and is slightly shorter than the rest. Let's call him "Shorty".

Quote from: Sword-elf 3
   This one also has a shortsword, and looks around warily as he walks. Let's call him "Sneaky".

Quote from: Bow-elf 1
   This elf's face has obviously seen better days, it's scarred all over. He has a longbow. Let's call him "Scary".

Quote from: Bow-elf 2
   This one seems to have been in battle not long ago. He's slightly wounded in the leg, but is no longer bleeding. Carries a shortbow. Let's call him "Limpy".

Nobody can see what the group is doing.   
------------   
Arrowfest! Only your luck will save you!   
Boksi:|   Again you were shielded by sheer probability.
Gantolandon:|   Despite being out in the open, you probably don't make too large of a target for archers. No arrows fly in your direction.
Rooster:|   More feeling than seeing the arrow that flew at you, you jump up to avoid it! In fact, you jump so high you are now level with the roof of the keep. But you don't get time to look around, because a catapult is about to be unleashed straight in your direction! | You are hit by the large rock. You are severely bruised, some of your ribs are broken, your mostly unprotected body is scratched in many places. A split second after the hit, you notice that you aren't dead yet, but you are flying together with the rock! | You manage to overcome the forces of air pressure and drag, and throw yourself off the rock in the nick of time. Acting on instinct, you use your TK, hoping to do at least SOMETHING that would brake your fall. You surround yourself with an oblong football-shaped cocoon of TK power. | You crashland through the roof of the food store, leaving a sizeable hole in it. The cocoon dissipates. Apart from the initial injuries, you are unharmed.
------------   
Status after turn:   
Boksi:   
Standing upright next to the keep's entrance.   
Wearing a reddish-black jacket of Karl Moebius leather, underwear, and slightly torn jean shorts. Wielding a masterwork steel halberd.   
Head battered and bleeding. Arms heavily bruised. Skin and flesh is of greyish color.   
Abilities: Basic TK Manipulation.Basic TK Healing. Big Bully. Special status: Carbon Flesh Interweave.   
andrea:   
Standing upright in the armor shop.   
Wearing underwear and fairly comfortable greyish trousers. Wielding a +Steel maul+.   
Left arm battered. A few ribs on the left side cracked, one broken. Body and all limbs bruised. Several large wooden splinters in left leg. Minor bleeding.   
Abilities: Shrapnel Self. Basic TK Healing. Additional status: Blood Debt to God of War and Artifice.   
korora:   
Wearing underwear, and makeshift bra-scarf clothing. Wielding an Iron handaxe in the right hand, and a -Black bronze warhammer- in the left.   
Unharmed.   
Basic TK Healing (!).   
chaoticag:   
Standing upright in the tavern.   
Wearing underwear. Wielding a cracked +Ashen Scimitar of Splinters+.   
Concussive damage to internal organs, large bruise on left upper arm. Cut left hand, minor bleeding. Bruised back. Slightly drowsy.   
Basic TK Healing.   
Gantolandon:   
Standing upright on the roof of the tavern.   
Wearing underwear and a thin silky sweater. Covered in dried vomit. Right foot covered with elven blood and brains. Holding a paperclip and a nice pair of white socks. Wielding an Iron dagger.   
Face bruised. Hands pierced by numerous splinters, minor bleeding.   
Basic TK Healing(!).   
Frelock:   
Down on the floor of the tavern building, or what's left of it.   
Wearing underwear. Holding a greenish warm sweater and skyblue shorts, both too small to wear. Wielding a -Small Iron throwing knife-.   
Unharmed. Still Unconscious.   
Slightly improved strength. Meagerly improved agility. Can be cautious while calm. Improved TK Healing II.   
Kashyyk:   
Standing upright in the tavern.   
Naked. Wielding a -Steel Greataxe-.   
Flesh turned into iron, but otherwise unharmed.   
Abilities: Enrage Other. Enrage Self. Basic TK Healing. Extra: Rollerblades in the forearms.   
Rooster:   
Down on the floor of the food store.   
Wearing underwear. "Wears" illusion clothing (white garments, white robe) seen only by him.   
Several large splinters in legs, light bleeding. Entire body rather battered. Face heavily bruised, eyes slightly swollen. Several ribs broken. In pain.   
Abilities: Basic TK Healing. Special status: Blessing of Peace.Blessing of Trickery (+).  Extra: Doesn't know who he is, and calls himself Red.   
LASD:   
Wearing underwear, and a white/pink/yellow suit and top hat made of underwear. Holding: <<+Iron chain Cuirass+>>, -Iron chain gloves-, Iron chain greaves, and Iron low boots.   
Unharmed.   
Abilities: Power of Peace. Special status: Peacekeeper.   
Jay Kayell:   
Standing upright in morbid corpse-steel powered armor, stuck in the doorway of the tavern. (-1 to moving)   
Wearing purple stretchy shorts. Useless shreds of underwear on right arm. Wielding a +Iron flanged mace+. The armor is armed with a collection of axes and swords, and its steel fists as well.   
Unharmed.   
Abilities: Novice Wrestler. Basic TK Healing. Blood of the Blood God. Blood Rage. Special status: Wearing corpse-steel powered armor.   
---------   
Environment:   
Tavern:   Two-floor building. The door is blown out and replaced with a table. Amid the room is a large barricade of broken furniture, elven corpses and trash. Half of the building's roof is gone, most of it is now smashed into the floor. A large hole is broken into the storage cellar. There're some weapons stuck into the first floor's ceiling. The building houses your enter/exit point.
Human/Dwarven Capital:   Large city on the outskirts of hell knows where. Holds a modest amount of homes, from hovels to two-floor apartment buildings, a set of shops, a temple, and a keep. Currently being surrounded by a verily horde of elves. The dwarves are mounting a large defence using siege engines atop the keep.
Food store:   Square one-floor building with long tables laden with salted and fried meats of all kinds. There's a single wide table at the far end, with a chest on top of it. There's a mighty fine hole broken through the ceiling.
Cloth store:   Rolls of cloth and various cloth, silk, and leather articles of clothing are on the many shelves inside this building. There's a single wide table at the far end, with a chest on top of it. The entire building is barely standing, most of its roof is collapsed.
Armor store:   On all of the shelves in the shop lie various pieces of armor, shields of different sizes are hung on the walls, and arrayed under the shelves are enough various boots to outfit a battalion. At the far end of the building, there is an single wide table with a chest on it.
------------   
Background: [1]   And still nothing this turn. Damn, you people are very unlucky with these.

------------
I pity Rooster. Baron Sir Red Munchausen Von Rooster has landed smack into an epic-sized pile of...well, poo. Not only is he injured, not only does he lack any combat-useful feats beyond illusions, but now he's landed in a very attention-attracting way quite a large distance away from the keep. And I shoud remind you that elves are overrunning the town. In other words, he'll have to get a good number on his next turn's luck roll, or he's more or less done for. It's really not my intention to kill any of you, but I have to obey the system and weave the story as the dice roll. :(
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 09:12:55 am by Sean Mirrsen »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 11, 2008, 09:03:53 am »

why did i get a +1?

i wear the best armor i can find

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 11, 2008, 09:07:17 am »

Hm. I'm not sure. Must've confused you with someone else. :P You still got a 6, anyway.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 409