Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404160 times)

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Multiworld Madness. Runs RTD Extended 1.3.
« Reply #345 on: September 09, 2008, 12:20:50 pm »

Yeah - good game needs good GM
\/ - Sean 100 % agreed about roguelikes (though I'm a bad programmer)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 12:36:48 pm by Rooster »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 09, 2008, 12:24:24 pm »

yes. and this is really a very good game

oh, maybe somebody should keep looking for some heavier armor?

luckly my wounds aren't bad. but next turn, if i'll manage to enter the tavern, i'll have to try to heal myself.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 09, 2008, 12:31:58 pm »

Well, that's a hard one. Technically, you have to be staring intently at your target to make him stand still. So as far as the system is concerned, you have to spend an action looking at the target. However, common sense states that once you started looking, you will keep the target paralyzed until you look away, therefore unless something makes you look sideways before you can do your action, you can approach and do the persuasion while still keeping the target paralyzed. I'll go with common sense here.

And I guess the incomplete randomness is caused by the limits more, but the limits are there to assist permadeath and not kill off the entire playing group after 3 turns.

Ultimately though, this is because of the setting. It was originally an RPG-like setting, and I even tried to do a tabletop with it, but failed miserably because I couldn't be bothered to write books about it and I couldn't keep all the info I was making for it in my head. Here it's different because everything that gets done is kept as a reference, and I can take my sweet time rolling the dice and making up the results. RTD is just a tool in this case, a very simple and understandable RPG system. Somebody should make a roguelike true-RPG with it.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #348 on: September 09, 2008, 12:33:44 pm »

I congratulate you, Sean. You made one of the three still life-harbouring RTD. And a very impressive one on top of that. Quite a feat, considering how many there used to be >_> .

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 09, 2008, 12:40:29 pm »

Is the tavern covered in blood? You'd think it was, with all the killing...

Firstly I scream: "Blood for the blood God! Praise be to Armok!"
Then I rebuild my powered arm thing, using the shredded pieces of underwear on my arm, and various weapons in the room.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 09, 2008, 12:43:07 pm »

If this round is ever completed... (meaning this game's goal is ever achieved)  I thought of making a RTC, Roll to Command, a RTD-powered TBS. I was just thinking of these crazy actions that could crop up.. "Instead of 20 new Hurricane planes, your aircraft factories have produced 2 Breezer motorbikes."... "Your tanks charge toward the enemy across the field! The enemy tanks flee in horror! They suddenly plunge into the nearby lake!"....  stuff like that. :)

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 09, 2008, 01:24:36 pm »

2 things
1) what is a TBS?
2) i am in!(if and when you will make it)

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 09, 2008, 01:41:39 pm »

I try to get upstairs, then leave the tavern through the window and onto the roof. From there, I will lay waste onto the elf army with my TK ability.

I won't have access to the Internet tomorrow, for the entire day. Feel free to NPC me.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 09, 2008, 01:42:45 pm »

what is a TBS?

I think it stand for turn based strategy.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 09, 2008, 01:44:24 pm »

TBS=Turn Based Strategy, as opposed to RTS - Real-Time Strategy. I even thought of applicable situations for a 4X game (Your colony ship suddenly loses control! It crashes into the lifeless moon of Tau Ceti IV! You have colonized the lifeless moon of Tau Ceti IV. Great job.) but it's a lot less feasible, given the scope.

korora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 09, 2008, 01:46:42 pm »

Turns out we're stuck on FF2 at work.  I can just right-click, though (and there was only one thing cut off so far anyways).

Since we seem to suck at finding armor, I'll try to harness my not-so-latent TK powers and make some TK armor for myself.

Now that we've averted immediate disasters, I thought I'd gather the clues we've received so far, in an attempt to figure out what we actually need to accomplish. Here's what we've got so far (that I've found on my skim of the previous turns):

"Find the keys and the task is complete. Good luck."

4 of 6
Green's the color of this hunt.
Keys unlock the greater way.
Nine they are, each place holds one.
Push a button, don't delay!

You stand firmly near the pedestal IV, looking intently at it. A split second before the world exploded into multicolored rainbow vomit, you noticed the pedestal glow green, and a vague rounded L-shaped shadow appeared above it.

Background check: [3] Amid all the tumult, korora spots a trapdoor leading downwards in a corner of the building.

Also, subtle hint: you don't really need to kill all the elves, or save this town or anything (though that's probably one of the ways).

Sounds like our options are either elf-slaying or exploring the basement.  Any opinions?
DFPaint, a cross-platform 'screenbuilder' utility

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 09, 2008, 01:55:15 pm »

i need elf-slaying.

also, you make an armor for yourself?
don't be lazy and work more. make a pile of armor, like i did with weapons

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 09, 2008, 01:55:59 pm »

My vote is on elf-slaying

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 09, 2008, 02:03:36 pm »

Alright, it just dawned on me that everyone has their actions submitted. Then again, I just got home so I couldn't start earlier. I'll start turn 12 (actually #13).

Oh, and I'll give a few more hints this turn if your rolls favor it.

korora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 09, 2008, 02:31:09 pm »

I meant using my TK power to form some sort of protective shell or something like that.  Not producing actual armor objects.
DFPaint, a cross-platform 'screenbuilder' utility
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 409