Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404130 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Multiworld Madness. Runs RTD Extended 1.3.
« Reply #285 on: September 08, 2008, 02:27:58 pm »

so brush with death doesn't mean that somebody died? good. there is always time to learn new things.
now that you showed your evilness (you did it with JK instead of me, but it is still evil) POST THE ROLLS!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 08, 2008, 03:06:19 pm »

Just when I thought JK went out on top, the dice threw a final jab at him. Nobody died, but this turn was rather chaotic, as everything tends to get during batte in DF, and RTD's rules are not helping the matter. Had Kashyyk rolled a [1] on his response roll, you would all be facing a lot of broken bones...

------------   
Turn 10   
------------   
Quote from: Frelock
   I attempt to fashion some cleric-y clothes from the random stuff lying about.

=[2]   Most of the underwear and cloth was either blown away, or torn to shreds, or collected by JK, or absorbed by the elfzilla. There's a very pronounced lack of source material, so you can't fashion anithing like a cleric robe.
Quote from: andrea
   i bash the randomly elven golem

=[6-1(daze)=5]   You are very annoyed by the elf. You are insulted by the fact that it still lives. You are very positively ENRAGED at the mere fact of its existence. You leap across the room, and use all of your strength and rage to smite the elven menace right in the head! [3] The elf-golem barely manages to move in time, and the blow lands on his left shoulder instead. [1] Your strength and rage drives the maul through flesh, wood, and bone with equal ease! The elf's left arm is torn from the body and falls off! The elf's ribcage collapses, driving what was left of his bones into what was left of his left lung, heart, and liver. [6] But he feels no pain! Undaunted by his mortal injuries, he smites you with his right fist! [3] You cannot avoid the blow in time! Your right arm is heavily bruised, it pains as if it was broken. The hit rattles the left side of your ribcage too, a few ribs are cracked, one is broken. The elf-golem cannot balance himself without the second arm, and falls to the ground. (You are bleeding, your left arm is heavily battered, your ribcage has seen better days. The elf is near death (yet again), and is on the ground, bleeding heavily.)
Quote from: chaoticag
   "Time to use my sword!
Die formerly elven monstrousity! "

=[2]   You run at the elven monstrocity, brandishing your scimitar! You jump, hoping to land a hit at its head! But andrea got a hit in, it falls! And you are…  flying…  past the golem. [3] You crashland, tumble, regroup, and end up bruising your back against the wall of the building.
Quote from: Gantolandon
   "Let's have a piece of that elf. Literally.
I try to cut his heart off with a dagger. "

=[3]   You run up to the golem, and stab it where you think its heart is in all that mess. You cut it a bit, but cannot get at anything that looks even remotely like a heart.
Quote from: Jay Kayell
   If the elf is still alive when my turn comes around I rip him into pieces with my bare hands!

=[5+1=6]   Quite inspired by all the rage and destruction going on, you put your mace in your off-hand, concentrate your strength, and leap up! You barely clear the ceiling of the building, and come down on the elf-golem like a blazing comet! [6] The golem suddenly sees you, and uses its only arm to throw a savage punch upwards, right as you are crashing down on it! [6] You overpower the elf, focusing your TK into your punch! [2] The elf-golem's arm explodes into gore! His ribcage gives in and bursts into fragments, and as you drive your fist through the ugly body, chunks of flesh and bits of bone and wood fly everywhere!
Boksi:[3]   You narrowly dodge a large chunk of wood-infested meat, but are sprayed by a large amount of blood.[4] You manage to get most of it on the leather jacket, that seems to be liquid-resistant. It's now reddish-black.
Rooster:[2-1=1]   You are hit smack in the face by a piece of underwear wrapped around a wet chunk of meat. Your face is heavily bruised. Your eyes are swollen.[6-1] The smell of the meat and underwear aggravates your smell! You suddenly sneeze with a force enough to send the piece back at the golem! (your face is covered in blood) [6-1] The piece strikes the golem in the leg, and suddenly tears it off as if it were a cannonball! You are amazed.
Frelock:[5]   You expertly dodge several chunks, and manage to obtain a -Small Iron throwing knife- that struck a table when you were standing near it.
chaoticag:[6]   You see a large chunk of the arm flying at you, and smite it with your scimitar! The chunk is chopped in half, but you suddenly notice a small crack on your scimitar…
andrea:[2]   Being in the immediate vicinity of the event, you are hit by numerous chunks and pieces. Your body is bruised in many places, your vision is obscured by a bloody shred of cloth. [3] Several large wooden splinters found their way through the trousers and are now sticking out of your left leg.
korora:[2]   You are knocked over by a particularly heavy piece of elven ribcage reinforced with wood. You shielded against the blow with your left arm, and now you feel that the bones in it are cracked. [-1 to actions with the arm]
Gantolandon:[2]   Your luck ran out on the third try. KER-SMACK goes the elf's liver against your face! Your face is also bruised.
Kashyyk:[Autosucceed]   You're in the cellar, far away from all the meatsplosions.
   The elf-golem thing isn't dead yet, its head is still intact and it tries to move its only leg. It's bleeding enough to fill a bathtub.
Quote from: LASD
   If persuading someone to do an action causes first a roll for success for me for the persuation part and then a roll for the NPC for the action part, I'll pick the lock myself.

=[4]   You attempt to pick the lock. You try this way and that, every technique you can remember. In frustration you kick the door! It creaks in a plaintive way. Finally, having worn yourself out, you rest against the wall near the door, when you suddenly see a mouse zip from the narrow slit under the door and speed through the grass. A split second later, a large grey-white cat slams open the door and chases after the mouse. In shock and disbelief, you manage to get your wit together in time to hold the closing door with your hand. A few brief experiments later, it dawns on you......  the door opened outward... [2] And the shop is selling meat.
Quote from: korora
   I'll assist LASD.

=[3]   You run out of the tavern, but by the time you reach LASD, he's already had his moment of enlightment.
Quote from: Boksi
   "Leather jacket and jeans? Oh my.
I'll put those on too. And if I can I'd like some underwear too, but it's not necessary. "

=[6]   You decide to search for underwear, but to your surprise you see that there isn't a lot of it around! You start running around the building, looking for at least a pair! As you run, you knock off several chairs, but you don't notice the hits. Finally, you see one pair of clean, white underpants ripe for the picking. You put them on and turn to your jeans....  It turns out those chairs were hit by your jeans, as you flayed them around while running. As a result, the somewhat worn jeans turned into a little torn jean shorts. Deciding that it's better than nothing, you put them on as well.
Quote from: Rooster
   I try to change the illusion of god to make it a permanent creation that won't fade this turn, nor in the future

=[4]   You improve your illusion techniques to keep the illusion up longer, but it doesn't improve the quality of the illusion. (It will not dissipate at end of turn, but those you project it on will have a +1 on their save against it)
Quote from: Kashyyk
   I call to my right hand making it jump back to me and reseal itself to my wrist.

=[6]   You issue a powerful mental call out to your hand, to come to you and attach to you. But perhaps a little TOO powerful? You hear thunderous crashing, as the previously unnoticed iron hooks that were holding great slabs of salted meat rip themselves out of the ceiling and home in on your arm!
Prepare yourself, Captain Hook!:[6] You panic, and issue another command, for all the hooks to STOP! The hooks stop in midair, but the huge slabs of salted meat don't! [2] You are buried under a pile of meat, rather displeased but relatively unharmed. Your hand digs through the pile and fuses itself with your stump. You are whole now.   
------------   
NPC Actions:   
Quote from: Elfzilla
   He attempts to bite JK.

=[6]   OM NOM NOM NOM! The elf doubles over to reach JK, his jaws lock in on JK's powered right arm! The elf's body snaps into two, held only by thin strips of skin! JK's powered attachment is completely torn up, his arm is deeply pierced and torn. He's bleeding alright.
Elfzilla's survival:[2]   Having dealt this last bit of damage, the elf's spirit passes on. The kill is JK's, Rooster only did a counter in the middle of the act.
------------   
Status after turn:   
Boksi:   
Standing upright.   
Wearing a dark-reddish jacket of Karl Moebius leather, underwear, and slightly torn jean shorts. Wielding a masterwork steel halberd. (-1 to target damage roll).   
Unharmed. Skin and flesh is of greyish color.   
Telekinetic healing (able to seal wounds using telekinesis, +1 to using it when not under attack) Carbon Flesh Interweave (+1 to dodge rolls against cuts and stabs, -1 to any healing attempts).   
andrea:   
Standing upright.   
Wearing underwear and fairly comfortable greyish trousers. Wielding a +Steel maul+.   
Left arm battered. A few ribs on the left side cracked, one broken. Body and all limbs bruised. Several large wooden splinters in left leg. Light bleeding.   
Can order any touched object to explode in his direction. Bound to kill 5(-1) elves by the dwarven god of war and artifice. (-1 to all nonviolent action rolls until 4 more elves are killed) Telekinetic healing (able to seal wounds using telekinesis, +1 to using it when not under attack)   
korora:   
Standing upright.   
Wearing underwear, and makeshift bra-scarf clothing. Wielding an Iron handaxe in the right hand, and a -Black bronze warhammer- in the left.   
Cracked bones in left lower arm. (-1 to arm use) Numerous painful scratches all over the front side of the body.   
Telekinetic healing (able to seal wounds using telekinesis, +1 to using it when not under attack)   
chaoticag:   
Standing upright.   
Wearing underwear. Wielding a cracked +Ashen Scimitar of Splinters+. (target must roll to avoid splinters, scimitar must roll not to break)   
Bruised back.   
Telekinetic healing (able to seal wounds using telekinesis, +1 to using it when not under attack)   
Gantolandon:   
Standing upright.   
Wearing underwear and a thin silky sweater. Covered in dried vomit. Right foot covered with elven blood and brains. Holding a paperclip and a nice pair of white socks. Wielding an Iron dagger.   
Face bruised.
Frelock:   
Standing upright.   
Wearing underwear. Holding a greenish warm sweater and skyblue shorts, both too small to wear. Wielding a -Small Iron throwing knife-.   
Unharmed.   
Meagerly improved agility (+1 to critical agility rolls). Can be cautious while calm. (-1 to rolls above 2 when calm) - use of ability must be stated. Telekinetic healing (able to use TK to heal up to two targets, +1 to using it on one target when not under attack)   
Kashyyk:   
Down on the floor, covered by a pile of salted meat.   
Naked.   
Flesh turned into iron, but otherwise unharmed.   
Can cause any living being in immediate vicinity to attack him with utmost brutality (+1). Can get angry at will.(+1 to physical rolls, -1 to all dodge, for 1 turn) Telekinetic healing (able to seal wounds using telekinesis, +1 to using it when not under attack). Rollerblades built into forearms (+1 to speed-dependant critical dodge, like diving away from danger)   
Rooster:   
Standing upright.   
Wearing underwear.   
Bruised left upper arm. Face heavily bruised, eyes swollen. (-2 to sight-dependant dodge)   
Doesn't know who he is, and calls himself Red. Blessed by a god of peace. (+1 to nonviolent actions until a living being is killed) "Blessed" by a goblin god of trickery and lies. (can make an NPC believe an illusion in exchange for a -1 to all rolls until next action, can keep the illusion up to affect different creatures over several turns) Telekinetic healing (able to seal wounds using telekinesis, +1 to using it when not under attack)   
LASD:   
Standing upright.   
Wearing underwear, and a white/pink/yellow suit and top hat made of underwear. Wielding a brittle bow made of a broken chair and underwear.   
Unharmed.   
Well-made suit (+1 to persuading to do a nonviolent action). Given the power of peace by the god of peace. (Can cause up to two hostile creatures to stand still and do nothing as long as they are in view. Power available until direct harm to a living being is done.)   
Jay Kayell:   
Standing upright amidst the wreckage of an elfzilla golem.   
Wearing purple stretchy shorts. Useless shreds of underwear on right arm. Wielding a +Iron flanged mace+.   
Left arm, left leg, and upper body badly cut. Deep, torn wounds on the right arm.Serious Bleeding (will have to make a roll if not fixed next turn).   
Novice Wrestler (+1 to critical dodge when grappled) Telekinetic healing (able to seal wounds using telekinesis, +1 to using it when not under attack)   
---------   
Environment:   
Tavern:   Two-floor building littered with chunks of meat and bone, blood, gore, elven corpses, and broken wooden furniture. There's a pile of steel weapons there, some of it stuck into the first floor's ceiling. It also houses your enter/exit point.
Human/Dwarven Capital:   Large city on the outskirts of hell knows where. Holds a modest amount of homes, from hovels to two-floor apartment buildings, a set of shops, a temple, and a keep. Currently being surrounded by a verily horde of elves.
Food store:   Square one-floor building with long tables laden with salted and fried meats of all kinds. There's a single wide table at the far end, with a chest on top of it.
------------   
Background: [1]   Even the blind would now notice the arrows whizzing through the air, and the sharp loud twangs of bows, and the sounds of battle from all around. It seems the assault has begun.
--------

JK had a really tough roll situation there. He rolls a six! The elf rolls a six! He rolls a six again! The elf rolls a two! <splortch> Had JK rolled a 4 the second time, he would be heavily hit. On an 2, it would be JK's chunks flying around...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 03:55:05 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 08, 2008, 03:16:50 pm »

Quite obvious: I heal my wounds.

If I fail could one of you guys help me?
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 08, 2008, 03:18:18 pm »

Can I get a word in? DON'T!!! Cluster explosions are good for fun, but hell to roll. :) Not to menton bad for health.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 08, 2008, 03:29:22 pm »

What do you propose I do then? I may die If I don't! Unless...

New action: I absorb all the weapons and elf corpses into my being, this should stop the bleeding as well, new body and all. Prepare for JK-zilla! (Or, more likely, my imminent death)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 03:31:26 pm by Jay Kayell »

korora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 08, 2008, 03:29:40 pm »

Does the TK healing work on broken bones?  If so, I'll heal myself up.  If not, I'll suck it up and look for an armor shop.
DFPaint, a cross-platform 'screenbuilder' utility

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 08, 2008, 03:38:28 pm »

Using my dagger and a torch from the wall (or any open light source), I burn JK's wound, trying to stop the bleeding.

(that should be more safe than TK healing. Just pray I won't roll 1)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 08, 2008, 03:38:44 pm »

i heal JK! i won't get a +1 on rolls for that, since i have -1 on the curse.

may i ask a question?
if we go to anotehr world, where there are no elves, would i still get the -1?

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 08, 2008, 03:40:21 pm »

Thanks guys!

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 08, 2008, 03:44:02 pm »

I fortify the tavern, wouldn't want a random arrow to richochet all over the place killing us all.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 08, 2008, 03:46:45 pm »

good idea chaoticag. but be sure to keep a door. we still need armor.

will swollen eyes heal after a couple of turns?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 08, 2008, 03:50:31 pm »

It works for binding wounds and general healing. If it can fix ribs it can fix bones, methinks. :) It's universal, just don't land a six. ;)

Actually, what I suggested, JK, was that people don't attempt to help with TK. You can, you know, use gods and stuff. Think, experiment! For yourself, you can try to stop the bleeding with mundane means, or by "ordering your body", like forcing natural regeneration.

You can also ask Frelock to heal you while being calm, that will make him more likely to fail but he won't overshoot. Andrea can do it too, because of the war god's boon.

If you go on another world.... well, let's not get that far ahead. :) I won't spoil that bit, I want to see you get REAL desperate. He, hehe ,hehehe. :D

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 08, 2008, 03:54:33 pm »

another question... telekinetic healing can close wounds... but can it also OPEn them? i might have a way to kill some elves if answer is yes

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 08, 2008, 03:58:17 pm »

Let's for a second imagine that you surrender to the elves, they don't kill you outright, crowd around you, and then you roll a 6 on an attempt to heal one of them. In other words, it can do a lot, but it's the most dangerous tool you could have acquired (you had a double-6 to spread it among you) in this system. TK Healing is just one side of the power. You can train it as a weapon if you like.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 08, 2008, 03:58:46 pm »

It works for binding wounds and general healing. If it can fix ribs it can fix bones, methinks. :) It's universal, just don't land a six. ;)

Actually, what I suggested, JK, was that people don't attempt to help with TK. You can, you know, use gods and stuff. Think, experiment! For yourself, you can try to stop the bleeding with mundane means, or by "ordering your body", like forcing natural regeneration.

You can also ask Frelock to heal you while being calm, that will make him more likely to fail but he won't overshoot. Andrea can do it too, because of the war god's boon.

With my current action would I only succeed on a 5?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 409