Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404119 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Multiworld Madness. Runs RTD Extended 1.3.
« Reply #255 on: September 08, 2008, 02:27:37 am »

respect the 3 laws in THIS game? hard. it is so easy to damage a human.
but elves and dwarves should be fine. these laws only speak about humans

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 08, 2008, 02:33:16 am »

Hm. The turn took a turn for the worse (if you'll excuse the pun) as I was doing NPC actions. It's not my intention to kill you, but I'm not going to go easy on you either. If you wish to know, the difference in overshot effect from andrea and the elf was in the direction of use - andrea directed it outside, the elf directed it inside of him.

I really couldn't believe the rolls I was getting myself. It turned out exactly - exactly the same as last turn, with andrea and chaoticag switched places. Gantolandon again profited most of all. There were a helluvalot of two's for the dodges though. I guess nobody expected it to happen a second time.

------------   
Turn 8   
------------   
Quote from: Jay Kayell
   I use the elf corpses, weapons and different articles of underwear to build a golem to do my bidding.

=[1]   You take an array of weapons, some elven corpses and bodyparts, and a year's supply of underwear, and arrange them all on the second floor. You then attempt to construct a humanoid being out of all that. After you've finished your spectacularly morbid creation, you attempt to lift it and make it stand, for the final phase of your plan. Unfortunately, your hands slip on some goo that appeared from you would rather not know where, and the whole thing topples over and falls on you! [2+1] You cry in pain as the weight of the thing pushes down on you, but even though you are able to lift it using your powered arm, the carefully prepared array of weaponry embedded into it leaves deep marks on your arms, legs, and body. As you push the monstrous body away, it suddenly crumples and falls apart. You are bleeding from several deep cuts on your left arm, left leg, and upper body.
Quote from: chaoticag
   I attempt to heal my ribs.

=[3+1=4]   You use your TK skill to fix your ribs up perfectly.
Quote from: andrea
   I help chaoticag.

=[6+1=6]   You know, you guys should stop abusing TK and just go find some healing herbs. :)
TK OVERLOAD!    
chaoticag: [4]   You instinctively balance out the shockwave with your own TK.
Random projectile madness! Round 2.   
Boksi:[2]   Some wooden splinters are flying at you! [5] You quickly jump away and turn a table over to defend from the debris.
Rooster:[2]   A deceased elf's shoe is flying in your direction! [3] You almost evade the shoe, but it leaves a bruise on your left arm.
Frelock:[2]   You are hit in the face with a tattered kilt! [5] Only your dignity was harmed, if even that.
Jay Kayell:[2]   A piece of a broken chair is threatening your integrity! [6] JK POWER BASH AGAIN! The now-boomerang chairpiece flies at andrea!
andrea:[1]   THWACK! You are hit in the head! [3] You're dazed and lightly bleeding.
korora:[1]   Learning a lesson from last time, you dive towards the safety of Boksi's table! You land on the floor, but suddenly feel sharp pain! [4] Your abdomen is in numerous scratches from JK's shattered halberd. The bleeding gets a teensy bit worse.
Gantolandon:[5]   You take another opportunity and snatch a flying Iron dagger out of the air, while dodging several less useful items.
Kashyyk:[2]   You can't handle your own body too well yet. You are hit by several articles of clothing and pieces of furniture. [1] They knock you down. You fall, and suddenly the floor under you gives way! You fall further into the cellar. [1] Your right hand breaks at the wrist and flies off into the cellar's darkness.
Bow-elf 1:[3]   Some relatively harmless pieces of fragmented elf skull are flying in the poor soul's direction. [5] Being relatively harmless, they harmlessly bounce off.
   Chaoticag feels much better now. Everybody else gives andrea an angry look.
Quote from: LASD
   I vow not to take any offensive action against anyone ever to please a/the god of peace and thus grant me power.

=[5]   You expertly and truthfully vow to never take offensive action against anyone. A voice booms inside your head: "Thou speaketh truly. I will grant a boon to thee, to use it for the peace of all peoples." You feel very warm inside. "But if thou betray me, thy fate shall not be one to be envied!". You have received a power from the god of peace and rebirth. You can cause up to two live creatures you can see stand still and do nothing as long as you keep them in your view. This power will be kept until you break your vow, at which point the god will punish you with a -1 to all actions that would harm anyone.
Quote from: korora
   I'll fashion my bra and scarf and splinters into some sort of protective, yet flexible garb.

=[3]   You activate your TK powers, but are unable to do anything beyond pulling the splinters out of your body. After a bit of thought, you just strap the bra and the scarf together, forming a makeshift light cloth armor. You put it on. (no bonus, just statistical defence)
Quote from: Gantolandon
   I begin healing korora with my telekinetic ability. And I try not to grow any tentacles on him...

=[2+1=3]   Since korora pulled the splinters out without healing, the bleeding intensified a bit, but your attempts, though feeble, managed to stop the bleeding entirely, leaving only scratches.
Quote from: Frelock
   I attempt to increase my healing powers so I can heal more than one person at a time.

=[4]   You meditate on your TK healing power. After a bit of mental training, you feel that you are able to heal two people at once, providing they are nearby and not under attack. (You lose the +1 if you do)
Quote from: Boksi
   I fashion pants out of the various underwear strewn about.

=[4]   While digging through the thrashed-about underwear, the supply of which was greatly reduced by the overzealous JK, you stumble upon a fine, if a little worn, pair of dark blue jeans. They seem to fit your size.
Quote from: Rooster
   I create an illusion of a nature god that will command every elf I encounter to commit ritual suicide

=[4]   You create the illusion of a nature force manifested, as well as you can imagine it. Even though the power should come natural to you, you feel that you won't be able to keep the illusion up all the time. The fact that you don't know the language of the elves does not help your cause, but you try to use mimics instead of words.
Bow-elf 1's morale:[6]   The elf, even in his condition, sees through your obviously flawed illusion. His spirits rise, he even lets off a chuckle. He shouldn't have though. His bleeding intensifies.
   This illusion will dissipate at the end of turn.
Quote from: Kashyyk
   (AI): I attempt to grow blades on my forearms.

=[3]   You close your eyes and concentrate on your TK power. However, you probably thought of some different "blades". When you open your eyes, on each of your forearms there is a row of small metallic wheels. (+1 to critical speed dodge)
------------   
NPC Actions:   
Quote from: Bow-elf 1
   He attempts to heal himself with the TK power.

=[6]   GRRRRYRYYYAAAAHHHH!!!! The elf clearly couldn't use the power as he intended to, but that doesn't make it any better. He screamed in agony as the forces he summoned tore his flesh apart and strung it back together! Numerous objects that were nearby suddenly fly toward him and fuse into his body!
The pain! The pain!:[5]   Despite all the torture, the elf retains his consciousness and sanity. His body is now a horrible construct of flesh, wood, underwear, and sharp slashy things.
   The elf isn't bleeding, or injured, technically, but his body is now probably what JK intended to create.
------------   
Status after turn:   
Boksi:   
Standing upright.   
Wearing a dark jacket of Karl Moebius leather, but stil naked from the waist downwards. Wielding a masterwork steel halberd. (-1 to target damage roll). Holding a pair of worn jeans.   
Unharmed. Skin and flesh is of greyish color.   
Telekinetic healing (able to seal wounds using telekinesis, +1 to using it when not under attack) Carbon Flesh Interweave (+1 to dodge rolls against cuts and stabs, -1 to any healing attempts).   
andrea:   
Standing upright.   
Wearing underwear and fairly comfortable greyish trousers. Wielding a +Steel maul+.   
Head rings. Dazed. Slightly dizzy with the blood loss.   
Can order any touched object to explode in his direction. Bound to kill 5(-1) elves by the dwarven god of war and artifice. (-1 to all nonviolent action rolls until 4 more elves are killed) Telekinetic healing (able to seal wounds using telekinesis, +1 to using it when not under attack)   
korora:   
Standing upright.   
Wearing underwear, and makeshift bra-scarf clothing. Wielding an Iron handaxe in the right hand, and a -Black bronze warhammer- in the left.   
Numerous painful scratches all over the front side of the body.   
Telekinetic healing (able to seal wounds using telekinesis, +1 to using it when not under attack)   
chaoticag:   
Standing upright.   
Wearing underwear. Wielding an +Ashen Scimitar of Splinters+. (target must roll to avoid splinters)   
Unharmed.   
Telekinetic healing (able to seal wounds using telekinesis, +1 to using it when not under attack)   
Gantolandon:   
Standing upright.   
Wearing underwear and a thin silky sweater. Covered in dried vomit. Right foot covered with elven blood and brains. Holding a paperclip and a nice pair of white socks. Wielding an Iron dagger.   
Unharmed.   
Frelock:   
Standing upright.   
Wearing underwear. Holding a greenish warm sweater and skyblue shorts, both too small to wear.   
Unharmed.   
Meagerly improved agility (+1 to critical agility rolls). Can be cautious while calm. (-1 to rolls above 2 when calm) - use of ability must be stated. Telekinetic healing (able to use TK to heal up to two targets, +1 to using it on one target when not under attack)   
Kashyyk:   
Standing upright.   
Naked.   
Flesh turned into iron.   Right hand broken off at the wrist.
Can cause any living being in immediate vicinity to attack him with utmost brutality (+1). Can get angry at will.(+1 to physical rolls, -1 to all dodge, for 1 turn) Telekinetic healing (able to seal wounds using telekinesis, +1 to using it when not under attack). Rollerblades built into forearms (+1 to speed-dependant critical dodge, like diving away from danger)   
Rooster:   
Standing upright.   
Wearing underwear.   
Bruised left upper arm.   
Doesn't know who he is, and calls himself Red. Blessed by a god of peace. (+1 to nonviolent actions until a living being is killed) "Blessed" by a goblin god of trickery and lies. (can make an NPC believe an illusion in exchange for a -1 to all rolls until next action) Telekinetic healing (able to seal wounds using telekinesis, +1 to using it when not under attack)   
LASD:   
Standing upright.   
Wearing underwear, and a white/pink/yellow suit and top hat made of underwear. Wielding a brittle bow made of a broken chair and underwear.   
Unharmed.   
Well-made suit (+1 to persuading to do a nonviolent action). Given the power of peace by the god of peace. (Can cause up to two hostile creatures to stand still and do nothing as long as they are in view. Power available until direct harm to a living being is done.)   
Jay Kayell:   
On the floor, face upwards.   
Wearing purple stretchy shorts. Underwear-powered contraption on right arm (+1 to strength actions with the arm). Wielding a +Iron flanged mace+.   
Left arm, left leg, and upper body badly cut. Bleeding.   
Novice Wrestler (+1 to critical dodge when grappled) Telekinetic healing (able to seal wounds using telekinesis, +1 to using it when not under attack)   
---------   
NPC Status:   
Randomware golem. Formerly Bow-elf 1. His body is plated with wood and underwear, sharp weapons protrude from his body at several points. He's a foot higher, and seems stronger than any of you.   
---------   
Environment:   
Tavern:   Two-floor building littered with underwear, torn clothing, blood, gore, elven corpses, and broken wooden furniture. There's a pile of steel weapons there, some of it stuck into the first floor's ceiling. It also houses your enter/exit point.
Human/Dwarven Capital:   Large city on the outskirts of hell knows where. Holds a modest amount of homes, from hovels to two-floor apartment buildings, a set of shops, a temple, and a keep. Currently being surrounded by a verily horde of elves.
------------   
Background: [1]   Nothing new this turn. Pity. :)

------------

Btw, orange is my replacement for brown, so it's a wound smaller than yellow.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 02:40:35 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 08, 2008, 02:51:30 am »

Not quite exactly the same, I got a 3 last turn (I wish it were a 4, then I would have a better agility bonus)

Out of curiosity, two questions on LASD's power:
1)Does it disappear when anyone in the party harms a living being, or just him? 
2)Does the elf still count as a living creature?

I attempt to fashion some cleric-y clothes from the random stuff lying about. (I don't want to try healing until I can get some more control over the power; 6's seem to be a very bad thing...)

« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 02:53:02 am by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 08, 2008, 02:52:20 am »

i bash the randomly elven golem

but...  i can't get 6+1. it should be 6+1-1. i have -1 on non violent actions. and healing *SHOULD* be non violent.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 08, 2008, 02:55:15 am »

6+1-1=6
6+1=6
1/0=1

Don't ya love RTD math?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 08, 2008, 02:56:17 am »

Well, yeah I forgot it, but it's a 6 either way right? >_>

I really should double-check the statuses before doing roll results.

Though can you honestly say it was non-violent now? :P

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 08, 2008, 02:56:57 am »

not when it makes me almost kill everyone in the room.
maybe i should go to LASD. but the elf/golem seem dangerous

EDIT: no, i can't say it is non violent.... but as i said it *SHOULD* be.
should, but not is, because half of the times it was used it was a telekinetic weapon.

EDIT2: first thing to do after i kill 4 elves is getting more control on telekinetic power. i don't want another TK blast.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 02:59:44 am by andrea »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 08, 2008, 03:17:51 am »

And once as a telekinetic torture device/golem constructor. You really should be wary with it, it has stupendous drawbacks.

On LASD's power: only if *he* betrays his oath to harm anyone, will this power be removed. He can cause two creatures to consistently get a 2 on all rolls, so you people can cut them up at your leisure, but he himself has to use a turn up to declare that he is intently staring at those two. If he's not looking at them (knocked out/blind/whatever) any time they want to act (roll a dodge, act in NPC actions), the power will not be in effect. He can also use violence on anything that's not living, which is great because some worlds will have you fighting undead. ;) Doing harm as an indirect effect will not cause the power to go away, but I can't think up a situation where it would apply, because Asimov's example of a modified robot "releasing a weight and letting it fall on a human" will not qualify here - that's harm as a direct effect of your actions.

Ah, I think this works - mind-affecting someone in a way that causes him to go on a murderous rampage. Though his rampage is a direct effect of your actions, the harm is not done by you. Creating a thundercloud that kills someone with lightning also works. So, as long as you're not the one controlling the harmful action, it's not a direct effect.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 08, 2008, 05:53:12 am »

Time to use my sword!
Die elven formerly elven monstrousity!

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 08, 2008, 06:44:14 am »

Let's have a piece of that elf. Literally.

I try to cut his heart off with a dagger.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 08, 2008, 07:54:52 am »

If the elf is still alive when my turn comes around I rip him into pieces with my bare hands!

If he is dead I heal myself.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 08, 2008, 08:24:33 am »

Wow, that vow worked well!

I seriously doubt I'll be able to open the door to the shop by myself, so I think I should persuade someone to do it. (at least I can't epic fail at it.)

I pick the citizen who seems the most willing to help me do something like this (like a thief or something) and convince him/her that he/she should join me and open the door of the armor shop for me.

Can I do this? It comes down to joining being an action, but if I can and s/he joins, can I order him/her to do things without losing a turn? Also if I can try to get him/her join me, but not open the door on the same turn, I'll make him/her join, but if I can't make him/her do things without losing a turn or I can't convince anyone to join me, I'll convince someone to open the door for me.

If persuading someone to do an action causes first a roll for success for me for the persuation part and then a roll for the NPC for the action part, I'll pick the lock myself.

P.S. That's quite a load of hypotheticals.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 08:29:15 am by LASD »

korora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 08, 2008, 08:37:28 am »

I'll assist LASD.
DFPaint, a cross-platform 'screenbuilder' utility

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 08, 2008, 09:08:01 am »

Mwaha. :)
Persuading someone to do something requires a persuasion roll on your part, and a success roll on the NPC's part. You don't have to ask someone to join you to ask him to do something for you.

If you decide to look for someone fitting, and ask him to open the door, that's three rolls. First roll to find someone (supposedly there're very few people on the streets), second to persuade him (yeah, you can't epic fail, though you could if you asked to break the door), and third for the NPC success. Technically, the act of you finding and asking brings the NPC into the game, and he will then, as persuaded, try to do the action you requested, at the end of the turn after all players are through.

So, hypotheticals aside, considering the above, your action is to try and pick the lock/unlock the door yourself, right?

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 08, 2008, 10:07:30 am »

Leather jacket and jeans? Oh my.

I'll put those on too. And if I can I'd like some underwear too, but it's not necessary.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 409