Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404043 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Multiworld Madness. Runs RTD Extended 1.3.
« Reply #165 on: September 06, 2008, 06:17:25 am »

elves came here?
i started using my hammer and almost killed somebody?

something interesting must have happened.
elves inside the building might be because i destroyed the door... (if i did that)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 06, 2008, 06:25:41 am »

It's a lot better than I made you think. :)
And the elves got here the least expected way. I already told chaoticag about his success rates... :P
------------   
Turn 6   
------------   
Quote from: Gantolandon
   I take the sharpest axe I can spot on the table.
=[3]   You walk up to the table and grab the first axe-looking device you see. It happens to be an +Iron hatchet+.

Quote from: korora
   I'd like to wield an axe in my right hand and a hammer in my left.
=[3]   You, likewise, walk up and grab the first two objects you find suitable. One is an Iron handaxe. The other is a -Black bronze warhammer-.

Quote from: Boksi
   I'll pick up a weapon from andrea's pile. A halberd....or spear.
=[6] Ow.   You spot a long haft protruding from under the pile. Deducing that it must be a polearm of some sort, you grab a hold of it and pull! You can't pull it out. Then you push both your legs against the table, focus all your strength, and rip the weapon out from under the pile! A great deal of heavy and sharp objects have launched into the air above you!
Weapons dodge ceiling=[2]   Most of them hit the low ceiling and stick in, but a steel mace is still falling toward you!
Impact minus 4…3...=[2]   You get hit by the mace, square on the head. [3] Your skull holds the blow, but you see sparks before your eyes, and your head rings like a legion of Tsar Bells. You are stunned and lightly bleeding.(-1 to dodge and concentration until next action)
   As a bonus for your troubles, you are now the proud owner of a «≡Steel Halberd≡», adorned with hanging rings of iron. (-1 to target's damage avoid)

Quote from: andrea
   "[red flaming eyes= on] enemyes are out there. worse than everything they are elves, who came to eat us, our familyes, our friends. now it is time to fight, to make these cowards run back to their trees!for the honor and for the glory of the god who gave us our axes and hammers, take a weapon and fight like a man, or run like a rabbit!
blood will flow today! FOR ARMOK!!!

i take an hammer and bash the door"
=[6] Yikes. :)   Having said (or rather, screamed) your speech, [1] that made the golem rather angry, you grabbed a rather vicious-looking +Steel Maul+, and charged towards the door. Boksi barely left your trajectory before you brought down all your rage upon the door, in a mighty CRRRRASH of your newfound maul.
Door dodges maul!=[1]   The entirety of the door is torn out of the frame, and launched forward with the speed of a crashing Concorde. Some two meters in front of the entrance is a solid rock wall of another building.
Wall dodges door!=[2]   The door, powered by yor mighty rage, crashes into the stone wall and bursts into a few dozen large splinters that zip off in all directions!
All power to the main deflector on my mark!=[4]   A large piece of wood hits the maul as you were raising it off the ground, doing you no harm.
Random peasant vs flying wood=[4]   The human peasant hugs the ground just in time for a large piece of fragmented cellulose to miss him by a few inches. He raises his head, looks around wildly, and continues running around screaming.

Quote from: LASD
   I tell everyone to remember my face, so as not to kill me, and disguise as an elf.
=[2]   Neither some green rags you picked off the floor, nor bits of wood you stuck behind your ears, nor indeed your panty-bound weakbow make you look any more like an elf.

Quote from: chaoticag
   I attempt to teleport Kashyyk the Iron Golem to stand amidst the army of elves.
=[4]   Almost, but not quite. You focus your mind on the image of the iron golem surrounded by elves, but the vision becomes blurry, and you lose control of the power, ending up teleporting a squad of six elves around the iron golem. Because of your poor skills, the pointy-eared invaders are stunned, dazed, nauseous, and vomiting. (-2 to all their rolls this and next turn) They are clad in long green-grey clothing and light wooden shoes. Two wield wooden longbows, the rest are armed with not-too-dangerous-looking wooden shortswords.

Quote from: Frelock
   I meditate and attempt to learn self-control (knocking 6's down to fives)
=[4]   Your continuous attempts at learning self-control yield some results. You learn to be more cautious in dangerous situations, even though it would mean a greater chance of failure. (You get -1 to all physical action rolls that land higher than 2, and only as long as you're calm.)

Quote from: Jay Kayell
   I grab the best warhammer on the table.
=[3]   You run up to the table, and get a hold of what you think is a very nice warhammer. Unfortunately, you only obtained a +Iron flanged mace+.

Quote from: Rooster
   I contact Loki the god of lies via telepathy and ask for some usefull abilities
=[6+1=6] Maths ftl.   In your desire to speak with the gods, you accidentally start praying to a lot of gods at once. The resulting "celestial displeasure" rocks your mind for a bit, then lets you go. As you lay on the floor, picking your mind together, a rather unpleasant voice speaks to you. "Harg. Ya want a blessing of da god of lies? Har! Har-har-harrr! Haa...  But Ozzeb is in the mood today. Ya will receive this: in exchange for your luck, you can trick someone into seeing what is not there! There. Now, off you go! Ozzeb's got tricks to do and lies to spread!" You get up, covered  in sweat. (You were "blessed" by a Goblin god of trickery and lies. You can now force someone you can see to see and believe in an illusion, at the cost of receiving a -1 penalty that lasts until your next action is resolved. Effects stack.)

Quote from: Kashyyk
   I attempt to take control of the golums legs
=[2]   Sorry, but it seems that this golem still needs its legs. Maybe you should try a different tangent?

------------   
NPC Actions:   
Quote from: Kashyyk as the body for a legendary Iron man.
   The iron man swings its mighty arms, attempting to throw the elfin barrier out of its way!
=[5]   Iron man SMASH! (Hmm, sounds like a Marvel universe mixup) All six elves are hit by the iron man's mighty swing and are thrown in all directions!!
Bow-elf 1: =[5-2=3]   The bow-wielding elf is sent hurtling away into a corner of the building! [4-2] A loud CRACK is heard as his ribs take the full force of the iron fists. The elf is coughing and gasping for air, blood is trickling out of his mouth.
Bow-elf 2: =[5-2=3]   The other bow-elf does the same thing into a different corner. [1-2] He's a lot worse off though. His face caught an iron elbow and caved in, his neck seems to be broken.  [6-2=4] Somehow he's still alive though, but his body is a motionless heap in the corner.
Swordself 1: [1-2=1]   One of the sword-wielding elves got hurled upwards and smashed head-first into the first floor's ceiling. [4-2] His upper body is a bloody mess, his head is broken , his arms are limp. [6-2] He's got a hell of a strife for life though, because he didn't die yet, but he can't breathe and is bleeding bad.
Swordself 2: [6-2=4]   This one elf, with long white hair, seems to be the more experienced of the bunch. He quickly rolled out of the way of danger, even in his bad condition.
Swordself 3: [1-2=1]   Another elf got splattered on the nearby wall. [2-2] He's almost torn into two and dies on the spot due to massive bleeding.
Swordself 4: [6-2=4]   A female elf swordsman dived away from the blow with all the grace she was capable of while being dazed and nauseous.

Quote from: Bow-elf 1
   The elf tries to crawl over to the trap door and drop in.
[1-2=1]   He passes out instead.

Quote from: Bow-elf 2
   He prays to the power of nature to heal his mortal wounds.
[5-2=3]   He seems relieved, and is breathing normally now. His face is bleeding a lot less, but it's still mangled.

Quote from: Swordself 1
   The swordself attempts to get out through the door.
[6-2=4]   He manages to get back on his feet and rushes past the very much shocked andrea who was standing in the doorway.

Quote from: Swordself 2
   The white-haired elf lunges at the iron golem with his sword!
[1-2=1]   He takes two steps, tangles up in clothing, falls, and impales himself on his sword. [3-2] The sword drives through his chest, heart, lungs and all. He is very much dead.

Quote from: Swordself 4
   The female elf tries to run away through the door.
[2-2=1]   She rushed to the broken opening where the door used to be, but andrea recollected himself and met her with a fierce strike into the abdomen. [3-2] The maul quite audibly popped most of her internal organs and turned her spine into a jigsaw. [3-2] She dies right there.

------------   
Background: [2]   Still nothing of note this turn.
------------   
Status after turn:   
Boksi:   
Standing upright.   
Naked. Holding a dark jacket of Karl Moebius leather. Wielding a masterwork steel halberd. (-1 to target damage roll)   
Head hurts from being hit by falling mace. Lightly bleeding.   
Dazed.   
andrea:   
Standing upright in the doorway.   
Wearing underwear and fairly comfortable greyish trousers. Wielding a +Steel maul+, with a corpse of a female elf weighing it down.   
Unharmed.   
Can order any touched object to explode in his direction. Bound to kill 5(-1) elves by the dwarven god of war and artifice. (-1 to all nonviolent action rolls until 4 more elves are killed)   
korora:   
Standing upright.   
Wearing underwear, and a pink bra around the neck. A red scarf is coiled around left lower arm. Wielding an Iron handaxe in the right hand, and a -Black bronze warhammer- in the left.   
Nose broken, light bleeding, face battered, scratched, and in splinters. Bruised arms, hands, upper body.    
No abilites or effects.   
chaoticag:   
Standing upright.   
Wearing underwear. Wielding an +Ashen Scimitar of Splinters+. (target must roll to avoid splinters)   
Unharmed.   
Can barely hear things (-1 to dodge something not seen).   
Gantolandon:   
Standing upright.   
Wearing underwear and a thin silky sweater. Covered in drying vomit. Holding a paperclip. Wielding an +Iron hatchet+.   
Slightly cracked skull, bruised upper body, a pair of cracked ribs, minor internal organ damage.   
No abilites or effects.   
Frelock:   
Standing upright.   
Wearing underwear. Holding a greenish warm sweater and skyblue shorts, both too small to wear.   
Unharmed.   
Meagerly improved agility (+1 to critical agility rolls). Can be cautious while calm. (-1 to rolls above 2 when calm) - use of ability must be stated.   
Kashyyk:   
Standing upright.   
Naked.   
Unharmed. Flesh turned into iron.   
Can cause any living being in immediate vicinity to attack him with utmost brutality. Body posessed by a raging spirit of a slain legendary iron man.   
Rooster:   
Standing upright.   
Wearing underwear.   
Head hurts slightly. (-1 to concentration until next action is resolved)   
Doesn't know who he is, and calls himself Red. Blessed by a god of peace. (+1 to nonviolent actions until a living being is killed) "Blessed" by a goblin god of trickery and lies. (can make an NPC believe an illusion in exchange for a -1 to all rolls until next action)   
LASD:   
Standing upright.   
Wearing underwear, and a white/pink/yellow suit and top hat made of underwear. Wielding a brittle bow made of a broken chair and underwear.   
Unharmed.   
Well-made suit (+1 to persuading to do a nonviolent action)   
Jay Kayell:   
Standing upright.   
Wearing purple stretchy shorts. Underwear-powered contraption on right arm (+1 to strength actions with the arm). Wielding a +Iron flanged mace+.   
Slightly bruised shoulder, bruised head, back, and left elbow.   
Novice Wrestler (+1 to critical dodge when grappled)   
---------   
NPC Status:   
Kashyyk as the body for an iron golem.   
Two barely-alive bow-elves.   
---------   
Environment:   
Tavern   two-floor building littered with underwear, torn clothing, blood, gore, elven corpses, and broken wooden furniture. There's a pile of steel weapons there, some of it stuck into the first floor's ceiling. It also houses your enter/exit point.
Human/Dwarven Capital:   Large city on the outskirts of hell knows where. Holds a modest amount of homes, from hovels to two-floor apartment buildings, a set of shops, a temple, and a keep. Currently being surrounded by a verily horde of elves.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 06, 2008, 06:38:32 am »

I suppose I'll try to put on my jacket, then. Can't screw that up too badly.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 06, 2008, 06:38:44 am »

how far are the elves?
well, it doesn't matter at the moment.

i attack the elves that are inside the tavern.

that 6 was exactly what i wanted. a very good door smashing with a bit of rage and berserker.

but why do i get a mace instead of an hammer ? :(. but at least it is still steel and it has some quality, and it is now covered of elven blood. (and elven corpse, but it will go away i think...)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 06:40:33 am by andrea »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 06, 2008, 06:40:11 am »

I concentrate, trying to make my next action have a bonus to it's roll

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 06, 2008, 06:41:25 am »

Read again, andrea: "+Steel maul+", not "mace". And there's only 2 elves left.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 06, 2008, 06:42:05 am »

I smash the iron golem through the roof with my mace! (Don't forget to include the +1 bonus from my underwear-power thingy)
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 06, 2008, 06:47:21 am »

yes maul, sorry... i mistyped probably because i don't know what they are.

is a maul as good as a steel warhammer?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 06, 2008, 06:50:34 am »

I searched and I found this for mauls:

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 06, 2008, 06:52:49 am »

Yay! Gods like me again!
I see that players are spread out with their actions so:

first:
I try to heal korora cause it looks that he had even worse than I do (That +1 bonus will come in handy
right now)
second:
I try to convince other players to form an adventurer party of some kind

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 06, 2008, 06:53:48 am »

I think I'll go for an exploratory trot around town avoiding all possible conflict I come by.

I agree with Rooster that we should team up.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 06, 2008, 06:56:13 am »

Yeah, a steel maul is basically that thing, but made of steel. Call it a "war-sledgehammer" if you like. :)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 06, 2008, 07:03:45 am »

rooster, i am in your team. but only if we kill elves. i need to kill elves. after i kill 4 elves, we can do what is more needed at the moment.

since i had good rolls on resources gathering (weapons and underwear) i could make some armor later.

oh, people, if i die while fighting elves, try to make me come back to life. remember who gave you the weapons you got.

(also, this game is too good to die so early)

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 06, 2008, 07:07:03 am »

I am not too much of a elf lover
I think that I'm going to try to learn some healing magic in a few turns so with me in the support it can
actually work

\/ - I'll leave that to GM
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 07:14:23 am by Rooster »

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 06, 2008, 07:13:39 am »

I try to convince other players to form an adventurer party of some kind

I agree on this, we need a name though. Something like "the council of underpants".
Decapitation - enjoy the difference
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 409