Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404034 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Multiworld Madness. Runs RTD Extended 1.3.
« Reply #150 on: September 05, 2008, 03:44:47 pm »

chaoticag: Yes it is overpowered. You operate from within the universe, and I said in one of the first posts that "Over-the-top physics are in, but casual reality-bending isn't". Calling the companion would be bending the reality. You can attempt to teleport it by yourself, though.

And yes, speaking as expressing information is free. If you spoke this "to raise the other player's spirits", so to say, I would roll for it and it would produce an effect, thus it would be an action. Conversing with someone without impediments such as not understanding the speech, and only for information exchange, is also free. It's sorta clumsy because it produces that "anime fighting effect" where you can say a minute's worth of monologue while dashing at breakneck speed towards an enemy ten feet away, but it's better than taking an action or not having talk at all.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 03:50:31 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 05, 2008, 03:46:22 pm »

chaoticag: Yes it is overpowered. You operate from within the universe, and I said in one of the first posts that "Over-the-top physics are in, but casual reality-bending isn't". Calling the companion would be bending the reality. You can attempt to teleport it by yourself, though.
I'll do that then. Funny how you can easily bypass the rules.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 05, 2008, 03:46:38 pm »

LASD, if you disguise as an elf, i might have to kill you...  that curse make me kill elves. you would be a lone elf. a lone elf is easyer to kill than an army of elves.

so please, don't become an elf.
Before disguising as an elf I politely ask everyone to memorize my face very well so that they know not to kill me after I have started looking more like an elf. I promise that anyone who does not try to kill me and becomes a prisoner of the elves will get my aid with negotiating with the elves about the subject of not devouring the aforementioned prisoner.

Sean, I kind of like the older display of the actions better. It was clearer and is easier to read because there wasn't as much changes in the text display. But only the names in quotes might be best, because emphasizing the players is good and it would divide different actions in a clear way. Also there wouldn't be much to read in the "Quote from.." thing which kind of bothered me with this display.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 04:17:17 pm by LASD »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 05, 2008, 03:55:17 pm »

chaoticag: If you were a master in teleportation, it would be "easily" bypassing. As it is, it's just like Kashyyk's transformation - it's possible, but only a 5 succeeds. I take some background factors into account, the roll is not the end-all definition. ::)

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 05, 2008, 03:57:09 pm »

ok LASD, i'll remember about you. you might be very useful between the elves. just make them look somewhere else while i charge at them

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 05, 2008, 04:16:46 pm »

Great: the only 1 in the round :(...and now I've got too-small clothes.  Perhaps I can sell them later....

Any how, I meditate and attempt to learn self-control (knocking 6's down to fives)
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 05, 2008, 04:25:05 pm »

I grab the best warhammer on the table.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 05, 2008, 04:25:51 pm »

Only Rooster and Kashyyk left. However, I'm in dire need of sleep (2.20 AM? *YAWN*), so no turn until at least 10 hours later.

Frelock: well, some dwarves could probably make a use for your clothes.

Btw, you do understand you're in a human town, right? As in, a human town with shops? I'm just wondering.

Btw btw: on a side note, I'm rather happy with your progress so far. Nobody got killed in 6 turns, and you're starting to tool up. If you must know, of the 9 worlds I planned, this event is superceded in dangerousness by 3, at most.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 04:33:27 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 05, 2008, 04:31:22 pm »

Shops open during an invasion!? Now, that's commitment!  ;)
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 05, 2008, 04:32:02 pm »

shops? i forgot about those! if only i had money...
well, i can still "seize the goods for an higher good"

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 06, 2008, 03:13:53 am »

shops? i forgot about those! if only i had money...
well, i can still "seize the goods for an higher good"
You can do that, but as the justice system is currently wacky, we will have to deal with the elven zerg rush, 50 humans and 30 dwarves.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 06, 2008, 05:08:46 am »

Alright, I'm still waiting for Kashyyk. In the meantime, some more teasers. :) Most of everybody who tried to get a weapon got one, some got more than they bargained for, too. The number of elves in the building has increased, as did the amount of vomit. Andrea almost killed an innocent bystander.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 06, 2008, 05:11:19 am »

I attempt to take control of the golums legs

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 06, 2008, 05:54:43 am »

Alright, the turn is done and I'm finishing up the status and environment. The number of elves has significantly lessened after NPC actions. Scratch one for andrea! :D

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 06, 2008, 06:11:35 am »

Alright, I'm still waiting for Kashyyk. In the meantime, some more teasers. :) Most of everybody who tried to get a weapon got one, some got more than they bargained for, too. The number of elves in the building has increased, as did the amount of vomit. Andrea almost killed an innocent bystander.
Alright, the turn is done and I'm finishing up the status and environment. The number of elves has significantly lessened after NPC actions. Scratch one for andrea! :D
As you didn't declare the player number go down, I might still be alive. Nevertheless, this sounds very ill-boding for me.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 06:13:07 am by LASD »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 409