Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404164 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Multiworld Madness. Runs RTD Extended 1.3.
« Reply #1305 on: October 05, 2008, 03:18:03 pm »

Whew, rolls finished! Statuses, now.

As you'd expect from the opening action, there are numerous injuries. Nobody is dead among the playing cast yet, but the healer keeps getting stuck in the dark.

And, as you all probably gathered by now, there is no more keep.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: October 05, 2008, 03:19:27 pm »

Sean probably has a map of the town somewhere. He has all the initial background information worked out for each world.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: October 05, 2008, 03:22:13 pm »

AWESOME!

'Boksi' Ugomuspla Konabsluta Spos has been ecstatic lately. He has demolished a large building recently.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: October 05, 2008, 03:26:00 pm »

No, I don't have a map. Apart from a Quantum Shroedinger's Map, that is. RTD was never meant to handle "large" places, so all distances are relative to the dice rolls, and the area is built based on your rolls according to what could be there. Simple as that. I can build a map now, if you want, but you have just as much info as I have.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: October 05, 2008, 03:26:40 pm »

on fire... impossible. no fire on this map.
collapse.... maybe. i'll make a before/ after screenshot. so it mostly depend on what will happen.

about making a map, i have some problems about understanding where things are.
also, you are the writer, so you know this world much better than me, because it came from your mind

(all that said in few words: too lazy to make a map)
or maybe i oculd just make a small tavern, a small keep and some small randon buildings near. and a carp. i know it was a temple at the beginning, but the carp is funnier. or maybe i'll make a temple and i'll build the carp over my huge swimming pool.

in few days i might post here a nice 3D map of this city.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 03:31:02 pm by andrea »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: October 05, 2008, 03:40:02 pm »

Alright, I think it is done. I very probably missed something, a lot of stuff happened now.

------------      
Turn 43      
------------      
Quote from: Boksi
   I'll try to use my earth manipulation non-ability again, this time to scale the keep's wall, being careful to keep on the outer side and get ready to get my ring back. Because it's mine. My ring. It's mine by right, I made it. Yeesss... Mine. My preciousss...   
|   You overcome all pain and weariness, and stand up. Suddenly feeling great vigour, you attempt to contact the earthen spirits, reaching out to them and letting their power flow through you. | The earthen spirits send their power to you, but it is too strong for you to control! It bursts outwards and downwards, rapidly elevating the ground under you, forming a large rocky mountain! The sides of the mountain grind against the keep walls at first, but when the ground rises under the walls themselves, they crumble and the keep collapses! The third floor falls onto the first, and the flying debris spell doom for everyone nearby!   
korora:{2}   The floor crumbles from under korora's feet, leaving him falling all the way to the bottom! | He hits the rubble like a sack of potatoes, but his armor prevents serious injury, except several broken ribs and a ringing head.   
chaoticag:{5}   As the walls and floor crumble, a support breaks and falls over chaoticag, providing enough shelter to shield him from most debris. He's still choking on dust though.   
Gantolandon:{1}   Barely stepping in the keep's direction, Gantolandon is hit straight in the face with an explosion of dust and debris, that throws him backwards. | His armor saves him from death at its own expense, but his face is still broken, and his ribs, arms and legs have all seen better days.   
Kashyyk:{1}   Already covered by rocks, and damaged, Kashyyk could do nothing against a broken support landing on top of him. | But the rocks played a good role as well, dampening the impact somewhat, and Kashyyk's condition was only mildly worsened.   
Rooster:{1}   No heavy metal can STOP THE ROCK! The one hurtling toward Rooster is quite big and heavy. Completely dazzled by the noise and flying dust, he could not move away in time. | THUMP. Rooster screams in pain as the boulder lands onto him, tearing off his left ear, battering his head, breaking his left arm and crushing his legs and lower body. | His wounds start bleeding heavily. Severe pain overcomes him, and he passes out.   
LASD:{5}   Suddenly LASD's reflexes skyrocket. As all the rock around him crumbles, he uses his Evil Shield as a sled, and slides, as if in slow-motion, down a breaking column, then bounces off a crumbling wall, tumbles, and lands outside the danger zone, unharmed.   
Jay Kayell:{2}   Like a titan against the onslaught of a raging hurricane, Jay Kayell assumes a defensive stance and tries to weather the rain of debris. | The wooden armor pieces are quickly shattered by the beating rocks, leaving some areas exposed to hits, and JK's legs, arms, and torso are all heavily battered. Just when JK thought it was over, one of the supports decides to fall in his direction! | It takes him by surprise, and lands straight on him! | JK barely manages to cover his head with his armored hand, and avoids lethal damage, but his left arm is broken in two places, and his head is battered. Such an amount of damage will take a while to heal even with his abilities.   
Civilians:{4}   Miraculosly, most of the civilians survive, thanks to the guards, but almost a quarter of them are crushed by the rubble.   
Guards:{6}   The guards attempt to save all they can as soon as they realise the danger, and manage to force most of the civilians out of the keep, but some were overzealous in their attempts, and died along with those who didn't get out in time.   
First Keeper:{6}   When the keep started crumbling, the axe-wielding Keeper noticed the rocky mountain arising just outside, and jumped out onto it! It proved to be almost smart, for he did not fall along with the rest, but he was forced to slide down a very jagged mountain, | though he did not receive any lasting damage from it.   
Second Keeper:{2}   The hammerdwarf just tried to get a swing at korora when the keep toppled, and he fell! His landing was bad, | he hit a falling support mid-drop, which broke his legs, and he broke an arm when he landed into the rubble near Jay Kayell.   
Third Keeper:{2}   The spear-wielder could not do anything. He watched LASD slide away on his shield as he fell to his doom. | His armor protected him from too severe harm, however, but he still got knocked unconscious, and broke his left arm and left leg.   
Fourth Keeper:{4}   More by instinct than anything else, the marksdwarf Keeper jumped into the nearby remains of a clothing workshop, and even managed to take the relic container with him! The soft cloth rolls added to his armor's protection and let him survive the fall with only bruises and a sprained ankle.   
Final Keeper:{4}   The leader dwarf was together with the guards who led the citizens out of the keep, and managed to survive the ordeal unscathed.   
   You yourself stand above this destruction on the tiny plateau on top of the new mountain peak you have just summoned into existence.   
Quote from: Frelock
   I go to the keep to heal chaoticag and korora.   
|   You are too shocked by the sudden destruction of the keep to maintain your force bubble, and fall down. In desperation you fling the elven leader's tunic at the nearby tree, and actually manage to screech to a halt mere inches above the ground. Your hands are in pain now, and the cloth tunic is badly torn up now, almost in loose shreds.   
Quote from: Gantolandon
   I go inside and start butchering any dwarf standing my way. Especially the keymasters.   
|   You fall unconscious.   
Quote from: LASD
   I'll change my action from making the dwarves to walk to weapons to them walking away from me.   
|   The leader dwarf sees you and runs toward you with several guards!   
Quote from: korora
   I'll kill the keepers in a gruesome manner, along with any other attackers.   
|   Overcoming the pain in the chest and limbs, you stand up, and walk through the rubble, trying to find someone. Suddenly you notice a large mountain-like… thing, standing erect next to the destroyed keep. A dwarf clad in heavy armor slides down its side, and you quickly recognize the Axe-wielding Keeper. Without hesitation, you leap at him! | The dwarf barely manages to turn around as the Ashcraver falls on his head! | Easily, as if through butter, the immeasurably sharp edge of the sword slices through metal, flesh, and bone with equal ease, finally stopping in the ground between the dwarf's feet. Completely astonished by this turn of events, the dwarf's body takes some time to realise it is dead, and then slowly falls into two parts.   
Quote from: Jay Kayell
   "Boksi, if you want your ring back I'll give it to you, I never intended too keep it without your permission anyways.
I enter the keep and check the dwarves' reactions, if they attack I retaliate with extreme violence."   
|   You attempt to consciously control your power, and succeed, rebuilding your broken arm as a top priority. Now a little dizzy from the aftereffects, you walk towards the group of dwarves and humans near the exit of the keep. | The civilians back away or flee into the darkness, while the guards position themselves between you and them, trembling with fear, but with resolve to protect clearly visible in their eyes.   
Quote from: andrea
   i think i'll go to the tavern, to see what elica is doing and to find the things that will get us out of here.   
|   Let's give it another try. POWER OVERDRIVE GO!!! You blast off again, in hopes of getting it right this time. Unfortunately, the keep crumbles as you are nearing it, and you are so shocked you forget to stop and fly straight into the falling debris! | You manage to stop before you hit a column, but you are still battered and bruised by several stones that fell onto you.   
Quote from: chaoticag
   If I get healed, then I run to the Key. If not I heal myself.   
|   You're too distracted by the thick dust that tries to stop your breathing to concentrate enough to use TK healing effectively, but you manage to close some of your wounds, lowering your bleeding.   
Quote from: Kashyyk
   Using my mind, (with a mix of TK) I Take all the bits of rock that are not being used to fill up the hole to fix the gap I made in the keep.   
|   From the sounds of destruction above you, and the increased weight on your body, you surmise the keep has been completely destroyed. Therefore you do not waste effort on trying to rebuild, instead you emit a powerful blast of TK force, throwing all the debris that were on top of you upwards and in all directions! | Some bits land dangerously close to you, but neither you nor anyone else suffer any additional harm.   
Quote from: Rooster
   I improve my heavy metal   
|   Your inner self is in a deep shock right now, and cannot even hope to try and wake the body up. | Nevertheless, you can feel your body reshape itself.   
------------      
NPC Actions:      
Quote from: Elica Larifera
   Elica is a swordself. Recently hired by Frelock. He's armed with a wooden longsword, and dressed in (somewhat pierced) green-grey close-fitting clothing with scarce leaf-shaped decoration. Is badly burned, but otherwise alright, standing in the completely destroyed tavern.   
   While it would be nice to have Sat-Cam's and see everything, you don't know what Elica is doing.   
Quote from: Ballista operator dwarf
   This is the ballista operator dwarf who was resurrected by Frelock. He practically LOVES Frelock. Has brown hair and wears clothes of indiscernable blackish leather.   
   Amidst all the turmoil, everyone lost sight of him.   
Quote from: Keep Defenders
   The guards stay away from JK and near to the civilians.   
First Keeper is dead.      
Second Keeper:{4}   Being in poor shape, the dwarf tries to bind and bandage his broken legs. After a while spent struggling with just one working arm, he manages to put adequate bandages on his wounds, but he still can't get up.   
Third Keeper:{3-2=2(failguard)}   The speardwarf remains unconscious.   
Fourth Keeper:{5}   Standing up from the rubble and seeing JK walk toward the group of civilians, the dwarf picks up his crossbow without hesitation, loads it quickly, and fires a bolt at him! | JK doesn't even turn around, as his armor absorbs the bolt and adds it to its arsenal.   
Final Keeper:{3}   The leader dwarf stops in hesitation, thinks for a moment, and decides to raid Jay Kayell with all the force at his disposal. His platoon of guards turns back along with him.   
------------      
Status after turn:      
Boksi:      
Standing on a tiny flat plateau atop his mini-mountain.      
Wearing a rather singed reddish-black jacket of Karl Moebius leather, underwear, and slightly torn jean shorts.      
Minor scars and numerous cuts  all over the body.      
Abilities: Basic TK Manipulation.Basic TK Healing. Big Bully. Special status: Carbon Flesh Interweave. Can only speak goblin. Activated Visual Omnisensor.      
andrea:      
Standing upright amidst the ruined keep.      
Wearing underwear and fairly comfortable greyish trousers. Also wearing a armor set: -Iron splint-mail-, a shirt of leather, Bronze plated greaves, <<Iron high boots>>. Wields a +Steel maul+.      
Head bruised slightly, large bruises on both upper arms.      
Abilities: Shrapnel Self. Basic TK Healing. Empowered by Lightning (currently Depleted, -1 agi, -2 spd, -1 lightning use, 2 turns to next level).      
korora:      
Standing upright amid the rubble of the keep.      
Wearing underwear, and makeshift bra-scarf clothing. Also wearing the armor set: <<+Iron breastplate+>>, a soft leather shirt, an Iron helmet, some hard leather greaves and -Aluminum high boots-.  Owns an Iron handaxe and a -Black bronze warhammer-, both (probably) on the third floor of the keep for now. Wields The Ashcraver. Holding two large nuggets of gold (2kg), and one particularly large sapphire (0.5kg).      
Bolt stuck in breastplate, pierced upper body. Several ribs broken. Dazed. Minor bleeding.      
Abilities: Mighty. Extremely Agile. Extended TK Healing.      
chaoticag:      
Down under a fallen column in the destroyed keep.      
Wearing the armor set: +Steel Chestplate+, -Copper chainmail-, Aluminum cap, hard leather leggings and <<Copper plated boots>>. Wielding a wooden broadsword with sharp edges of a shimmering material.      
Arms and upper body pierced and torn,Lower body badly gashed. Bleeding.      
Abilities: Basic TK Healing. Extended TK Bolt. TK Ripper Slash.      
Gantolandon:      
Down on the ground near the keep.      
Wearing underwear, a thin silky sweater, and a set of armor: A <<*Bone full plate armor*>>, +Bone gauntlets+, +Bone high boots+, and +Bone full helm+. Holding a paperclip and a nice pair of white socks. Wielding a +Bone Axe+.      
Face heavily battered, eyes swollen (-2 sight), jaw cracked. All body and limbs battered. Much of the skin is burned and causes pain. Right hand seriously burned. Hands pierced by numerous splinters. Nasty scratch along the head. Unconscious.      
Abilities: Basic TK Healing(!). Special status: Activated Selective Translator.      
Frelock:      
Standing upright somewhere in the field.      
Wearing underwear, a somewhat dirty and badly slashed up <<*Giant cave spider silk robe*>>, and +hippo leather sandals+. Wielding a Steel Quarterstaff and a -Small Iron throwing knife- as a backup weapon. Holding a wad of shredded shimmering cloth, 12 arrows, pieces of wood plate armor with shimmering runes, and a shimmering shortbow.      
Some nasty cuts, and one pierced wound on the body. Hands in pain. Minor bleeding.      
Abilities: Slightly improved strength. Meagerly improved agility. Can be cautious while calm. Improved TK Healing III. Stone Frank's Revivification. Basic TK Field. Special status: Activated Selective Translator.      
Kashyyk:      
Stainding upright amidst the rubble of the keep.      
Naked. Wielding an Iron Battleaxe.      
Flesh turned into iron, broken arrows in abdomen, right leg, and left shoulder. Head, upper body, and both arms Damaged.      
Abilities: Enrage Other. Enrage Self. Basic TK Healing(!). Special status: Activated Selective Translator (2). Steel scales. Extra: Rollerblades in the forearms.      
Rooster:      
Down on the ground, pinned by a boulder near the keep.      
Wearing underwear (probably), a set of armor consisting of (somewhat torn and burned) hard black studded leather armor and greaves, iron plated high boots, and (also burned) fur-quilted iron shoulderpads with horns. Wields a +Steel Guitar-Battleaxe+.      
Well-shaved with fire, face singed slightly. Left upper arm broken. Both legs broken. Minor to light burns all over the body. Six fingers on left hand.      
Can perform heavy metal. Odd regeneration power.      
LASD:      
Standing upright right outside the remains of the keep.      
Wearing underwear, and a white/pink/yellow suit and top hat made of underwear. Also wearing the armor set: <<+Iron chain Cuirass+>>, -Iron chain gloves-, Iron chain greaves, and Iron low boots. Wielding a *Evil Aluminum tower shield*      
Several scars along the torso. Lightly bruised.      
Abilities: Power of Peace. Power of Persuasion (suit bonus does not apply).Special status: Peacekeeper.      
Jay Kayell:      
Standing upright near the keep.      
Wearing purple stretchy shorts. Useless shreds of underwear on right arm. Holding a ring. Wielding a +Iron flanged mace+. The armor is armed with a collection of axes and swords (including one shimmering elven blade and one wooden with shimmering edges), and its steel clawed fists as well. The armor has 5 unspent arrows.      
Upper and lower body, and legs, all heavily battered. Dizzy. (-1 con, conc).      
Abilities: Novice Wrestler. Basic TK Healing. Blood of the Blood God. Blood Rage. Special status: Wearing Composite Reinforced Corpse-steel power armor.      
---------      
Environment:      
Tavern:   Was a two-floor building. Now it's a mangled ruin, thoroughly blasted apart. The building used to contain your enter/exit point, but how to use it is completely up to you now.   
Human/Dwarven Capital:   Large city on the outskirts of hell knows where. Holds a modest amount of homes, from hovels to two-floor apartment buildings, a set of shops, a (destroyed)temple, and a (demolished)keep.   
Food store:   Square one-floor building with long tables laden with salted and fried meats of all kinds. There's a single wide table at the far end, with a chest on top of it. There's a mighty fine hole broken through the ceiling.   
Cloth store:   Rolls of cloth and various cloth, silk, and leather articles of clothing are on the many shelves inside this building. There's a single wide table at the far end, with a chest on top of it. The entire building is barely standing, most of its roof is collapsed. There's a pile of elf-paste near the building, and some elven corpses.   
Armor store:   Everywhere in the shop various pieces of armor are thrown about, shields of different sizes litter the floor, and arrayed under the now-broken shelves and tables are enough various boots to outfit a battalion. At the far end of the building, there is a single wide table. The heavy chest is on the floor, broken, a large supplement of coins from it now covers the floor.   
The Keep:   Was once a tall, proud building. Now a mighty large pile of rubble. There is one (covered) pit in the center of the first floor, with something glowing below.   
The Temple:   Tall and proud, beautiful building of white marble, a solid first floor surrounded by columns is supporting several ring-shaped floors held up by beautiful marble supports. A deep pool of shiny, clear water can be seen inside the building. Well, it probably was like that. The entire thing has recently tried to rise up in mighty wrath as a gigantic statue of a carp, but failed miserably and broke to pieces. Afterwards, the overpowered Rooster single-handedly sent the whole place into oblivion along with the elves, who now cannot be seen, heard, or even smelled by anyone other than themselves.   
------------      
Background: [3]   You can positively see the flickering light shift around, as if something is approaching. The light in the west has stopped growing. You can feel slight tremors, and loud rumbling from the center of the keep.   
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 04:14:31 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: October 05, 2008, 03:49:07 pm »

As awesome as that was, I'll have to do something.

I'll hastily try to use my improved vision as a makeshift sensor for the location of that damn key and preferably run to and murder the holder as well.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: October 05, 2008, 03:57:00 pm »

I paralyze the leader (and guards if they are a threat to me.) and say that I don't want to cause any harm, we just need the key and then we will be gone for good.

It's starting to bug me that I can't TK heal, that would suit my character very well and then I do something useful while others do the mandatory violent actions.

Can I change the time when my action happens? If so, I don't want to be first, I'll be... fifth (there's a higher chance of others killing things that are going to kill me by then). I ask this because I'm going to sleep now and then to school so I won't be able to post at a later time.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: October 05, 2008, 03:58:31 pm »

You can still develop other ways of healing though, can't you?

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: October 05, 2008, 03:58:36 pm »

another 6? what do i have to do? slowly crawl to the tavern while sneaking and carrying a stone lead bin full of lead bars??

if it is allowed, i walk to the tavern, slowly but fast enough to get at the tavern.

if not, i will.... uh... please, let me make that action a third time. i have nothing to do here!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: October 05, 2008, 03:59:04 pm »

I attempt to curry favor with the goddess of healing, in the hopes that she will hear my plea (which will come next turn).
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: October 05, 2008, 04:01:49 pm »

Hm. Well, alright LASD, I'll stick you into the middle. :P

Andrea, I'll update your status now, you no longer have the speed bonus and can thus move to the tavern with minimal chances of a 6. To avoid repetition, you can "do something and walk to the tavern".

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: October 05, 2008, 04:06:45 pm »

I'll get you for this boksi I PROMISE!
first:Using regeneration I heal the broken bones
second:If I'm awake by now I'll make boksi regret making the keep fall on me and if he will politely promise not to do it again then I won't %#!% %^# him :P

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: October 05, 2008, 04:07:20 pm »

Frelock, I find it likely that you'll just get a lightning bolt to the face. The god seem rather pissed off at the moment.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: October 05, 2008, 04:09:09 pm »

Not least because you wreck havok on everything you touch. Some powers (in the DF sense) can take that quite positively though.

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 409