Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404128 times)

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Multiworld Madness. Runs RTD Extended 1.3.
« Reply #1245 on: October 03, 2008, 04:07:15 pm »

I like being unnecessary loquacious sometimes, I guess :P

But I am intensely curious as to what the hell just happened to mess up the keep like it did.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: October 03, 2008, 04:09:09 pm »

don't kill dwarves!

or i'll use your armor to make the lightning rod i need!

no really.... i need some metal. maybe there are still some weapons in the tavern? before it exploded there were some.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: October 03, 2008, 04:12:23 pm »

Should all else fail, you can always borrow my steel quarterstaff.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: October 03, 2008, 04:17:26 pm »

steel staff... seems good. but maybe i should wait next world.... we are about to leave, no more elve- wait: what about the elves that couldn't be seen nor heard??? they could be anywhere!

but, since probably they ran away: i don't know what i'll find in the next world, so maybe i should wait... but i have nothing to do here.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: October 03, 2008, 04:32:51 pm »

Andrea: I never said I'd kill them, merely tell them that it was the will of Armok that I be given the artifact. If I have the weapon it would probably make them more cooperative though... ;)
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: October 03, 2008, 04:34:41 pm »

hmmm... i think they would die instead of giving us that key. we have to trade here.
maybe if i make the dwarves believe that i am a god (by using electricity) i could sell them my hammer?

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: October 03, 2008, 04:39:50 pm »

That's actually very clever! Tell them the hammer is the source of your power, grab the artifact, and get out of there before they try to use it!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: October 03, 2008, 11:43:31 pm »

Note, I never said which workshop Boksi was in... ;)

I'll start them rolls in an hour maybe, once I get to work.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: October 04, 2008, 04:20:43 am »

Great turn!  ;)
i'll change my current action

first: I try to learn regenerative properties
second: I improve my heavy metal

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: October 04, 2008, 04:42:40 am »

Too late, Rooster, turn done. It's better this way. ;) I'll use those for the next turn.

Now, hm. Meh, I'll do without spoilers. Rejoice, the turn cometh! Look for errors, I suspect I missed a few. Make sure your status matches the result of your action.

------------      
Turn 41      
------------      
Quote from: andrea
   i run to the keep, lightning speed. i totally ignore elves.   
|   The sudden explosion of the keep has rattled your nerves a bit. In excitement or confusion, you cannot focus enough to perform the lightning run feat, and spend some time calming down.   
Quote from: Kashyyk
   I check the area around, to make sure there are not any glowing pits.   
|   As the dust settles, you start running around, looking into every corner, searching for anomalous occurences of, well, anything. Having checked everything, you decide to give the hole blasted in the floor a proper study, and start climbing down into it. It's hot in there. You can feel it, even though you're iron. | Thankfully, your innate reflexes work better than your common sense. Feeling some kind of danger, you instictively hug the wall of the shaft, and are almost hit by a flaming fireball! It explodes several meters above you, showering you with molten rock. Glancing downward, you see a winged creature covered in flame-red scales. The creature is holding another fireball, and gets ready to throw it at you! | Suddenly realising your danger, you slam your arm-mounted rollerblades into the walls of the shaft, and use TK to propel you upwards! The walls are rough, however, and you only barely outrun the fireball. It explodes under your feet, but only heats them up a little. You climb out of the hole | and tell everyone nearby to clear the hell out of here, because something is coming up.   
Quote from: Gantolandon
   I try to patch up my leg with TK. Very, VERY cautiously.   
|   Careful not to do more damage that you repair, you hold your broken leg together with your hands, at the same time using TK to mend the broken bone. It sure hurts, but in the end you manage to do it right, and are now the happy owner of two working legs.   
Quote from: korora
   I open the keep doors and go to the tavern, hacking a path clear for the others if necessary.   
|   You walk to the doors and try to push them. No luck. Striking at them with the Ashcraver has little effect, the doors hold together even with large cuts cleft through them. Sealing the doors seemed like such a good idea at the time…   
Quote from: chaoticag
   I try and teleport boski out of the keep!   
|   You try to concentrate on Boksi, trying to teleport him out of the keep, when suddenly your efforts open a rift in space-time directly below you! The rift drains your energies as you try to keep yourself together and search for an exit! Suddenly the void releases you, and you land onto broken stone. You stand up, shaking from cold and weakness, and realise you are now on the broken third floor of the keep.   
Quote from: Frelock
   I zip around the battlefield, looking for the elven leader and his heavies, so I can get those runes, magic cloth armor, and that shortbow.   
|   As if some guiding force showed you the way, you are able to very quickly find the remains of the elven leader, and nearby is the body of his last "heavy", with his head clearly broken apart by a ballista bolt. You land, collect the objects you were seeking, and take to the skies again. A brief examination shows that the elf leader's armor is actually a finely woven tunic, with a quiver for arrows embedded into it. The shortbow shows nothing of interest save the material it is made of, and the runes are made of strands of the same material that the leader's tunic is. The runes don't emit any specific aura, and the strands can probably be just plucked out of the wood without much effort.   
Quote from: Boksi
   My body is tired, but my mind is not. I'll not try to wake up, but rather go into a trance. While in this trance, I am going to subtly interface with what is the ultimate realization of the universe: probability. I attempt to infer from the myriad possibilities in flux just what happened and what is happening. Interferometry, if you will.   
|   "Taking advantage of being unconscious, you try to subconsciously contact the underlying surface of the material plane, calling on the strange powers the band gives you, to see in detail what had happened in the several minutes prior. Unfortunately, the vision you see is blurry, unfocused. You see yourself, standing on a rough surface. Then an outline of some great entity, engulfed with flame, merges with you, and you yourself are covered in flame. A very blurry moment follows, where you see the surface you were standing on disappearing block by block, then the walls under that, all the time you feel you are taking, ""collecting"" something, but then something happened, you could feel it was something you have touched, and the something let off a powerful outburst of flame and debris. Your flaming form absorbed the flames and got stronger, but the flames devoured and destroyed everything else around them. You see yourself flying through the chaos to a certain place, you presume it is the one you are in now, and drop everything you have so far taken, then plunge straight down. You faintly see a great river of fire, and some objects of great importance near it and along your way, you see yourself take those objects and return. Then you see your flaming self pause, you feel an odd mix of feelings overtake you, from anger and hate to happiness, and see yourself fly off at incredible speed to a distant location, like a high mountain peak. You see yourself plunge down through the rock, seeking a source of great energy, and you finally see yourself find and overtake it. You cannot see what it is, but it bears darkness and flame, emits an aura of hate and anger, and you can almost hear the terrible sound it makes when you take it to your (workshop?) and rend it apart to fuel and improve something, an object of great importance to you and your cause, but also of great power. You see and feel yourself working, with incredible speed, everything around you is covered in searing flames. The object itself you can see now as a brilliant star, too white and radiant to look at it. After some time of this incredible toil, you see yourself, still flaming, stand over your work and admire it. Then the flames die, and your body collapses to the ground.
The vision fades..."   
Quote from: Jay Kayell
   I try to find the weapon and take it. If I find Boksi I'll pick him up as well, then I get out of the keep.   
|   Finding Boksi didn't prove to be any difficult. Upon finally climbing to the third floor, you instantly see his unconscious body in a very charred, and very bloody workshop, but he himself seems unharmed. As you pick him up | you notice a ring, | a somewhat thick ring of steel, finely engraved and with a large many-edged purple gemstone set into it, laying quietly on the battered workbench. You pick the ring up, and it seems rather plain to you. Just a pretty ring. You cannot take your hand out of your armor, or undoubtedly you would've tried it on. You keep it nevertheless, pick up Boksi, marvel for a moment at the steel anvil that is bent and covered in dents craters, and carry Boksi out of the keep the same way you came in, then put him on the ground.   
Quote from: LASD
   I'll persuade the dwarves to consider trading the key for whatever Boksi made. I'll remind them that what just happened was the most powerful strange mood anyone has ever witnessed, so the result really should be something equivalent for Nogzulban (or more). Also I hint towards the glowing hole and ask if the key means so much to them that they will stand next to it waiting what will come out of the hole and possibly get themselves killed while doing it. Also I apologize for us destroying the keep, although reminding that Boksi's artifact must be worth a hundred keeps, and then end my persuasive argument with a happy note of us making all the elves retreat.   
|   The dwarves are not only very angry at you people (you destroyed the keep and almost killed them), but are now also very busy with allocating the damage done, and trying to save whoever they can, catering primarily to the civilians. They don't listen to your argument.   
Quote from: Rooster
   I rock so hard that I turn some elves into dark elves!!!   
   Autofail, technically, since the elves are gone now. I'm not sure about Elica though. I'll let you rock to cheer up the people though.   
|   LET'S ROCK THE WORLD! You start playing something really heavy, so heavy you could kill someone if you dropped it on him, and the sheer vibration and resonanse from the music has loosened the doors of the keep and they fell outward. Nice job. Several people, not used to any finer music, came out to listen to you playing.   
------------      
NPC Actions:      
Quote from: Elica Larifera
   Elica is a swordself. Recently hired by Frelock. He's armed with a wooden longsword, and dressed in (somewhat pierced) green-grey close-fitting clothing with scarce leaf-shaped decoration. Is badly burned, but otherwise alright, standing in the completely destroyed tavern.   
   While it would be nice to have Sat-Cam's and see everything, you don't know what Elica is doing.   
Quote from: Ballista operator dwarf
   This is the ballista operator dwarf who was resurrected by Frelock. He practically LOVES Frelock. Has brown hair and wears clothes of indiscernable blackish leather.   
   Amidst all the turmoil, everyone lost sight of him.   
Quote from: Keep Defenders
   Everyone is trying to do whatever is possible to do to help in this situation. Some guards procured torches and start lighting them around the keep to make light.   
------------      
Status after turn:      
Boksi:      
Down on the ground beside the keep.      
Wearing a rather singed reddish-black jacket of Karl Moebius leather, underwear, and slightly torn jean shorts.      
Minor scars and numerous cuts  all over the body. Unconscious. All body is in pain from recent hyperactivity. (further -1 to any physical action)      
Abilities: Basic TK Manipulation.Basic TK Healing. Big Bully. Special status: Carbon Flesh Interweave. Can only speak goblin. Activated Visual Omnisensor.      
andrea:      
Standing upright some distance outside of town.      
Wearing underwear and fairly comfortable greyish trousers. Also wearing a armor set: -Iron splint-mail-, a shirt of leather, Bronze plated greaves, <<Iron high boots>>. Wields a +Steel maul+.      
Unharmed.      
Abilities: Shrapnel Self. Basic TK Healing. Empowered by Lightning (currently Lightly Drained, -1 spd, 1 turn to next level).      
korora:      
Standing upright on the first floor of the keep.      
Wearing underwear, and makeshift bra-scarf clothing. Also wearing the armor set: <<+Iron breastplate+>>, a soft leather shirt, an Iron helmet, some hard leather greaves and -Aluminum high boots-.  Owns an Iron handaxe and a -Black bronze warhammer-, both (probably) on the third floor of the keep for now. Wields The Ashcraver. Holding two large nuggets of gold (2kg), and one particularly large sapphire (0.5kg).      
Unharmed.      
Abilities: Mighty. Extremely Agile. Extended TK Healing.      
chaoticag:      
Standing upright on the third floor of the keep.      
Wearing the armor set: +Steel Chestplate+, -Copper chainmail-, Aluminum cap, hard leather leggings and <<Copper plated boots>>. Wielding a wooden broadsword with sharp edges of a shimmering material.      
Lower body badly gashedLight Bleeding. Very cold. Weak. (-1 str, con)      
Abilities: Basic TK Healing. Extended TK Bolt. TK Ripper Slash.      
Gantolandon:      
Standing upright near the keep.      
Wearing underwear, a thin silky sweater, and a set of armor: A <<*Bone full plate armor*>>, +Bone gauntlets+, +Bone high boots+, and +Bone full helm+. Holding a paperclip and a nice pair of white socks. Wielding a +Bone Axe+.      
Much of the skin is burned and causes pain. Right hand seriously burned. Hands pierced by numerous splinters. Nasty scratch along the head.      
Abilities: Basic TK Healing(!). Special status: Activated Selective Translator.      
Frelock:      
~50m above the ground, in a force bubble.      
Wearing underwear, a somewhat dirty and badly slashed up <<*Giant cave spider silk robe*>>, and +hippo leather sandals+. Wielding a Steel Quarterstaff and a -Small Iron throwing knife- as a backup weapon. Holding a *cloth tunic* of shimmering material (with 12 arrows), pieces of wood plate armor with runes of that material, and a shimmering shortbow.      
Some nasty cuts on the body. Minor bleeding.      
Abilities: Slightly improved strength. Meagerly improved agility. Can be cautious while calm. Improved TK Healing III. Stone Frank's Revivification. Basic TK Field. Special status: Activated Selective Translator.      
Kashyyk:      
Standing upright on the first floor of the keep.      
Naked. Wielding an Iron Battleaxe.      
Flesh turned into iron, three arrows sticking out of abdomen, right leg, and left shoulder, numerous small dints and cuts.      
Abilities: Enrage Other. Enrage Self. Basic TK Healing(!). Special status: Activated Selective Translator (2). Steel scales. Extra: Rollerblades in the forearms.      
Rooster:      
Wearing underwear (probably), a set of armor consisting of (somewhat torn and burned) hard black studded leather armor and greaves, iron plated high boots, and (also burned) fur-quilted iron shoulderpads with horns. Wields a +Steel Guitar-Battleaxe+.      
Both hands burned. Well-shaved with fire, face singed slightly. Minor to light burns all over the body.      
Can perform heavy metal.      
LASD:      
Standing amidst some rubble on the third floor of the keep.      
Wearing underwear, and a white/pink/yellow suit and top hat made of underwear. Also wearing the armor set: <<+Iron chain Cuirass+>>, -Iron chain gloves-, Iron chain greaves, and Iron low boots. Wielding a *Evil Aluminum tower shield*      
Several scars along the torso. Lightly bruised.      
Abilities: Power of Peace. Power of Persuasion (suit bonus does not apply).Special status: Peacekeeper.      
Jay Kayell:      
Wearing purple stretchy shorts. Useless shreds of underwear on right arm. Holding a ring. Wielding a +Iron flanged mace+. The armor is armed with a collection of axes and swords (including one shimmering elven blade and one wooden with shimmering edges), and its steel clawed fists as well. The armor has 5 unspent arrows.      
Unharmed.      
Abilities: Novice Wrestler. Basic TK Healing. Blood of the Blood God. Blood Rage. Special status: Wearing Composite Reinforced Corpse-steel power armor.      
---------      
Environment:      
Tavern:   Was a two-floor building. Now it's a mangled ruin, thoroughly blasted apart. The building used to contain your enter/exit point, but how to use it is completely up to you now.   
Human/Dwarven Capital:   Large city on the outskirts of hell knows where. Holds a modest amount of homes, from hovels to two-floor apartment buildings, a set of shops, a temple, and a keep. Currently being surrounded by a verily horde of elves. The dwarves are mounting a large defence using siege engines atop the keep.   
Food store:   Square one-floor building with long tables laden with salted and fried meats of all kinds. There's a single wide table at the far end, with a chest on top of it. There's a mighty fine hole broken through the ceiling.   
Cloth store:   Rolls of cloth and various cloth, silk, and leather articles of clothing are on the many shelves inside this building. There's a single wide table at the far end, with a chest on top of it. The entire building is barely standing, most of its roof is collapsed. There's a pile of elf-paste near the building, and some elven corpses.   
Armor store:   Everywhere in the shop various pieces of armor are thrown about, shields of different sizes litter the floor, and arrayed under the now-broken shelves and tables are enough various boots to outfit a battalion. At the far end of the building, there is a single wide table. The heavy chest is on the floor, broken, a large supplement of coins from it now covers the floor.   
The Keep:   Large fourthree-floor building. The first floor is almost devoid of furniture. The doors are missing yet again. A lot of civilians are huddled together in groups all over the floor. At least a dozen and a half guards are also there. The second floor was a massive stockpile of wood, metal, and stone. The third floor is a massive workplace, with many workshops, now burning and filled with rubble. The fourth floor was just recently destroyed along with the roof and all of the siege engines. A a total of two holes are broken through all remaining floors of the keep, and there is one pit on the first floor, with something glowing below.   
The Temple:   Tall and proud, beautiful building of white marble, a solid first floor surrounded by columns is supporting several ring-shaped floors held up by beautiful marble supports. A deep pool of shiny, clear water can be seen inside the building. Well, it probably was like that. The entire thing has recently tried to rise up in mighty wrath as a gigantic statue of a carp, but failed miserably and broke to pieces. Afterwards, the overpowered Rooster single-handedly sent the whole place into oblivion along with the elves, who now cannot be seen, heard, or even smelled by anyone other than themselves.   
------------      
Background: [5]   Those outside notice that the light in the west does not dim, it is getting brighter. The red light at the bottom of the pit in the keep also steadily brightens, very hot air rises out of it. The vibrations of the ground can now be easily felt, but they're still rather slight.   
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: October 04, 2008, 05:30:19 am »

LASD: You shouldn't have apologized, they couldn't have known that's we who destroyed their keep... We could tell them it was... hmmm... central heating failure. They shouldn't have used a natural gas furnace without a certification, it's not only illegal, but also dangerous. They should be happy if we don't bring an action against them...

OK, I wait outside the keep and observe the situation. If I see the artifact guards, I go towards them. Otherwise I just try to spot the danger before it spots me.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: October 04, 2008, 06:41:00 am »

I'll try to wake up. Nothing else.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: October 04, 2008, 07:29:14 am »

i run to the keep! i run to the keep!

and be fast to get the key. i odn't think we can hold long against that fire monster.
somebody should telll the dwarves to run away as far as possible to save them (and to make the guards go away)

and that ring... i want that ring... i need that ring.... it calls me... it is my ring!

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: October 04, 2008, 07:33:20 am »

I stick my hand out of the armor and put on the ring.

Also I think that's a fire imp.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 07:37:15 am by Jay Kayell »

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: October 04, 2008, 08:03:29 am »

I have no idea how to get the key. There's too many so I can't paralyze them and steal the key. And I definitely won't be able to fight them.

Well I could redirect the divine lightning sent by irritated gods to destroy the keyholder, but I don't think that would work. Probably my shield would absord the energy and become an evil demigod or something.

Also, I'm happy that we're in DF 1.0
Code: [Select]
000001 □ [adventure mode][combat]   cannot block fireballs in any way right now
Hey, now I got it. Making people walk to a fiery pit of doom doesn't count as direct harm, does it?
If it doesn't, I could make the dwarves die a very dwarfy death, but we'd need some other way to open the keyholder.

So my action is as follows: I position myself to a safe place with a good view to the dwarves and the glowing hole.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 409