Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404051 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Multiworld Madness. Runs RTD Extended 1.3.
« Reply #1110 on: September 30, 2008, 10:09:10 am »

My axe broked. :'(
First: I Make my way to the keep, and If possible I grab an elf and recruit it. (like Frelock did)
Second: I go inside the keep, with my new friend if possible.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: September 30, 2008, 01:37:44 pm »

Alright, turn's here. It was rather uneventful. Many of you got unsatisfactory rolls, but it more of less befits the situation.

------------      
Turn 36      
------------      
Quote from: Boksi
   I focus my thoughts inward, on my own body, trying to find a way to be able to fall several meters and not break anything.   
|   You don't have time to focus on your body as the horde of elves who were recently waiting for their leader's order now scream curses and run at you with rather aggressive intentions. You manage to avoid getting hurt, parrying blows with the halberd.   
Quote from: Jay Kayell
   I go to the roof of the keep, I bring along the dead bodies of the leader and the heavies. "Release the prisoners!"   
|   The elves overrun you before you can do anything, but their weapons can't hurt you much, and you easily repel their attacks.   
Quote from: korora
   I'll stand in front of the keep doors to defend against the suicidal horde of elves.   
|   Suddenly the whole host of elves charges at you, screaming! You are almost overtaken, but the Ashcraver, shining brightly, cleaves through rank upon rank of elves, allowing you to survive the trip to the keep doors. You are beset with raging pointy-eared barbarians, but manage to hold position.   
Quote from: andrea
   i jump out of the tavern and run slowly toward the elves (without attacking them yet). i also try to make it in a way that make the elves panic a bit more, if possible. but that last part isn't needed.   
|   Your power hasn't fully returned yet, and you fumble your jump a bit, but cling at the edge with your hands and clamber up to the first floor of the tavern safely. You hear the stampede of elves approaching, and decide to wait a bit more so your power can charge. Meanwhile, you notice the vomit-green rug on the floor, surprisingly intact, and embedded into the center of it is the green-yellow panel. The panel is beeping, the button marked "IV" is flashing.   
Quote from: Frelock
   I pick up the dead elven heavy's armor and the elven leader's cloth armor, shortbow, and quiver(ransacking corpses is perfectly acceptable in DF, right?).  If it doesn't count as two actions, I examine all of it.   
   Actually, your whole collecting spree might count for more than one action, but I'll keep that.   
|   Having little protection, you are unable to just shrug off the elven assault. Many wooden weapons suddenly try to have a bite of your flesh! | You are taken completely off guard, and are stabbed and slashed numerous times all over your body. | The swords leave deep lacerated wounds on your torso and arms, your white robes are badly slashed up, but JK steps in and throws off the attackers before they can inflict life-threatening damage. | You still lose a lot of blood and pass out.   
Quote from: Gantolandon
   Well, I go to the roof to encourage him somewhat. "Well, mister leader, it seems that my friends has killed the elven chief and his bodyguards. The invasion should be repelled soon. We humbly ask for a key which will let us go back where we came from. Please consider this request. One of my friends is walking iron, and the second one just threw one elf against the other. Please also take a look at my new fancy armor and notice I don't have a shield yet. And ISO 666 regulations strongly forbid using inferior flesh for a shield, as it compromises safety and is terribly unstylish. Thank you in advance."    
|   You come up to the roof, and try to find the leader dwarf, when suddenly the entire roof is showered by arrows! Dwarves take cover behind whatever they have available, | and you quickly roll behind the massive base of a ballista, escaping the flying stabbity death.   
Quote from: LASD
   I beg the gods (or wizards, or magicians, or anyone) to give life and a voice to my shield.   
|   Your cry out to the higher powers is suddenly cut short by a hail of arrows. | You quickly raise your shield, and it deflects a particularly dense barrage of arrows that headed your way. If your shield could speak right now, it'd say "Ouch".   
Quote from: Rooster
   Seeing a perfect chance for this I play some metal from hell to turn at least few elves into my followers   
|   You also don't manage to get any sort of success, being abruptly interrupted by a very large amount of arrows. Thankfully, you quickly ducked behind the battlements and avoided damage.   
Quote from: chaoticag
   I cleave through the Elven suicidal remnants dynasty warriors style.   
|   You decide to swap out your plain woooden sword for the dead heavy's shimmering-edge one, and just as you pick the sword up, you hear screams of rage! You barely react in time to parrying a blow of a wooden sword, and suddenly see that you're practically swimming in a raging sea of elves! Arrows fly thick, but they fly over your head mostly, and you concentrate on the hacking and slashing. You don't know which direction you're heading in. too concentrated on the battle, but you always push forward, killing dozens of elves. After a few minutes and almost a half hundred kills, very worn out, you suddenly come to a clearing and realise you're behind the elven army. Between you and the keep are now no less than a thousand elves. Luckily, most are intent on raiding the keep, not killing you, but you shouldn't rest yet. Looking around, you realise you're near the ruined cloth store.   
Quote from: Kashyyk
   I Make my way to the keep, and If possible I grab an elf and recruit it. (like Frelock did)   
|   Seeing the charging elves, you reconsider trying to recruit one and just leg it. The arrows the elves fire do no harm to you, and you manage to arrive to the keep gates, unharmed, almost simultaneously with korora.   
------------      
NPC Actions:      
Quote from: Elica Larifera
   Elica is a swordself. Recently hired by Frelock. He's armed with a wooden longsword, and dressed in (somewhat pierced) green-grey close-fitting clothing with scarce leaf-shaped decoration. Is badly burned, but otherwise alright, standing in the completely destroyed tavern.   
|   After several futile attempts to jump out, Elica desides to just sit down on the floor and wait.   
Quote from: Ballista operator dwarf
   This is the ballista operator dwarf who was resurrected by Frelock. He practically LOVES Frelock. Has brown hair and wears clothes of indiscernable blackish leather.   
   With the attacks renewed, the dwarf goes back to firing his ballista.   
Quote from: Horde of elves
   A sizeable threat to anything wearing leather or sleeping in wooden beds, this force of several thousand elves now surrounds the keep, and pretty much occupies the entire town. The elves are blindly charging at the keep, the archers are firing volleys at the keep defenders!   
|   The volley of arrows covers the roof, but most dwarves and humans manage to stay unharmed.   
Quote from: Keep Defenders
   The defenders open up with their bows and crossbows onto the elves!   
|   However, though many bolts and arrows find their targets, the writhing mass of elves does not notice the losses they incurred.   
Quote from: Elf Heavy 2
   An elf clad in heavy wooden armor lined with a shimmering material, and armed with a broadsword with shimmering edges. On the ground not too far from JK and the rest of the gang.   
|   With the leader dead, the elf bursts into a raging fury! He jumps at JK, bashing at him with his fists and legs! | JK's armor reacts violently, stabbing into the elf with sharp metal spikes, and tearing him apart! It does not absorb his flesh, but the rune-covered plates of armor are added to its protection. (further +1 against slashing, but loses bonus against blunt)   
Quote from: Elf Heavy 3
   An almost-dead elf in shattered wooden armor. He dies from his wounds and blood loss.   
------------      
Elven assault!      
Jay Kayell:{3}   JK is beset by many elves, but manages to shrug them off with his sheer mass and size.   
Frelock:{6-2}   Frelock does not gather the attention of the elves, most of it being drawn by JK.   
korora:{1}   The main force of the attack presses hard against you, almost driving you into the sharp spikey doors! [3] You manage to throw the elves back, but suffer several cuts to your arms.   
Kashyyk:{6}   Suddenly you feel burning rage! The iron man within you overflows and lets his rage out through you! For a moment your sight fades. When you open your eyes, you find your buckler gone, but now you are wielding the two spiked doors of the keep, and very many elves lie before you on the ground, severely maimed and crushed.   
Boksi:{6}   When the elves surround you, and your skin already suffered many cuts, you summon all your willpower and focus on the power of earth. Sharp spikes of rock stab upwards all around you, impaling the elves, but then crumble as the earth around your feet breaks into fearsome cracks!  Within a few seconds, you are standing on a narrow column of stone, no less than 20 meters above the rocky bottom of a rather jagged crater. No less than twenty elves were killed or severely maimed by this outburst.   
chaoticag:{6}   Focusing your TK once again, you direct a powerful burst into the backs of the running elves! | It's too weak at a distance, however, and quickly dissipates. You are exhausted.   
------------      
Status after turn:      
Boksi:      
Standing upright on a small column in the center of a 20m-deep jagged crater.      
Wearing a reddish-black jacket of Karl Moebius leather, underwear, and slightly torn jean shorts. Wielding a masterwork steel halberd. Holding a wooden arrow covered in andrea's blood.      
Minor scars and numerous cuts  all over the body.      
Abilities: Basic TK Manipulation.Basic TK Healing. Big Bully. Special status: Carbon Flesh Interweave. Can only speak goblin. Activated Visual Omnisensor.      
andrea:      
Standing upright on the first floor of the destroyed tavern ruins.      
Wearing underwear and fairly comfortable greyish trousers. Also wearing a armor set: -Iron splint-mail-, a shirt of leather, Bronze plated greaves, <<Iron high boots>>. Wields a +Steel maul+.      
Unharmed.      
Abilities: Shrapnel Self. Basic TK Healing. Empowered by Lightning (currently Lightly Drained, +1 agi, +1 spd, electricity surround, 1 turn to next level).      
korora:      
Standing upright near the keep entrance.      
Wearing underwear, and makeshift bra-scarf clothing. Also wearing the armor set: <<+Iron breastplate+>>, a soft leather shirt, an Iron helmet, some hard leather greaves and -Aluminum high boots-.  Owns an Iron handaxe and a -Black bronze warhammer-, both on the third floor of the keep for now. Wields The Ashcraver.      
Both arms cut. Bleeding.      
Abilities: Mighty. Extremely Agile. Basic TK Healing (!).      
chaoticag:      
Standing upright out in the field behind the elven assault.      
Wearing the armor set: +Steel Chestplate+, -Copper chainmail-, Aluminum cap, hard leather leggings and <<Copper plated boots>>. Wielding a wooden broadsword lined with a shimmering material.      
Unharmed. Exhausted. (-1 agi, str, con)      
Abilities: Basic TK Healing. Basic TK Bolt.       
Gantolandon:      
Kneeling behind a ballista on the roof of the keep.      
Wearing underwear, a thin silky sweater, and a set of armor: A <<*Bone full plate armor*>>, +Bone gauntlets+, +Bone high boots+, and +Bone full helm+. Holding a paperclip and a nice pair of white socks. Wielding a +Bone Axe+.      
Much of the skin is burned and causes pain. Right hand seriously burned. Face and most of the body bruised. Hands pierced by numerous splinters. Left wrist sprained. Nasty scratch along the head. Minor bleeding.      
Abilities: Basic TK Healing(!). Special status: Activated Selective Translator.      
Frelock:      
Down on the ground beside JK.      
Wearing underwear, a somewhat dirty <<*Giant cave spider silk robe*>>, and +hippo leather sandals+. Wielding a Steel Quarterstaff and a -Small Iron throwing knife- as a backup weapon.      
Upper and lower body, and both arms badly cut. Bleeding badly. Unconscious.      
Abilities: Slightly improved strength. Meagerly improved agility. Can be cautious while calm. Improved TK Healing III. Stone Frank's Revivification. Basic TK Field. Special status: Activated Selective Translator.      
Kashyyk:      
Standing upright near the keep entrance.      
Naked. Wielding the keep's steel-spiked stone doors.      
Flesh turned into iron, three arrows sticking out of abdomen, right leg, and left shoulder, numerous small dints and cuts.      
Abilities: Enrage Other. Enrage Self. Basic TK Healing(!). Special status: Activated Selective Translator (2). Steel scales. Extra: Rollerblades in the forearms.      
Rooster:      
Standing upright on the roof of the keep.      
Wearing underwear (probably), a set of armor consisting of hard black studded leather armor and greaves, iron plated high boots, and fur-quilted iron shoulderpads with horns. Wields a +Steel Guitar-Battleaxe+.      
Unharmed.      
No outstanding abilities.      
LASD:      
Standing upright on the roof of the keep.      
Wearing underwear, and a white/pink/yellow suit and top hat made of underwear. Also wearing the armor set: <<+Iron chain Cuirass+>>, -Iron chain gloves-, Iron chain greaves, and Iron low boots. Wielding a *Aluminum tower shield*      
Battered head and upper body(back). Bruised left foot. Sprained right wrist. Minor burns on various parts of body.      
Abilities: Power of Peace. Power of Persuasion (suit bonus does not apply).Special status: Peacekeeper.      
Jay Kayell:      
Standing upright out in the field amidst the horde of elves, near where the elven leader was.      
Wearing purple stretchy shorts. Useless shreds of underwear on right arm. Wielding a +Iron flanged mace+. The armor is armed with a collection of axes and swords (including one shimmering elven blade and one wooden with shimmering edges), and its steel clawed fists as well. The armor has 5 unspent arrows.      
Unharmed, slightly dizzy from blood loss.      
Abilities: Novice Wrestler. Basic TK Healing. Blood of the Blood God. Blood Rage. Special status: Wearing Composite Reinforced Corpse-steel power armor.      
---------      
Environment:      
Tavern:   Was a two-floor building. Now it's a mangled ruin, thoroughly blasted apart. The building used to contain your enter/exit point, but how to use it is completely up to you now.   
Human/Dwarven Capital:   Large city on the outskirts of hell knows where. Holds a modest amount of homes, from hovels to two-floor apartment buildings, a set of shops, a temple, and a keep. Currently being surrounded by a verily horde of elves. The dwarves are mounting a large defence using siege engines atop the keep.   
Food store:   Square one-floor building with long tables laden with salted and fried meats of all kinds. There's a single wide table at the far end, with a chest on top of it. There's a mighty fine hole broken through the ceiling.   
Cloth store:   Rolls of cloth and various cloth, silk, and leather articles of clothing are on the many shelves inside this building. There's a single wide table at the far end, with a chest on top of it. The entire building is barely standing, most of its roof is collapsed. There's a pile of elf-paste near the building, and some elven corpses.   
Armor store:   Everywhere in the shop various pieces of armor are thrown about, shields of different sizes litter the floor, and arrayed under the now-broken shelves and tables are enough various boots to outfit a battalion. At the far end of the building, there is a single wide table. The heavy chest is on the floor, broken, a large supplement of coins from it now covers the floor.   
The Keep:   Large four-floor building. The first floor is almost devoid of furniture. The doors are gone again. A lot of civilians are huddled together in groups all over the floor. At least a dozen and a half guards are also there. The second floor is a massive stockpile of wood, metal, and stone. Dwarves constantly lug the materials to the upper floors. The third floor is turned into a massive workplace, with many workshops constantly working. The fourth floor is a large storage of siege ammo and some strange barrels. The roof of the keep is fortified with 9 ballistae and 3 catapults. There is some strange metal safe in the center of the roof, with 4 small keyholes and 1 large depression.   
The Temple:   Tall and proud, beautiful building of white marble, a solid first floor surrounded by columns is supporting several ring-shaped floors held up by beautiful marble supports. A deep pool of shiny, clear water can be seen inside the building. Well, it probably was like that. The entire thing has recently tried to rise up in mighty wrath as a gigantic statue of a carp, but failed miserably and broke to pieces. Afterwards, the overpowered Rooster single-handedly sent the whole place into oblivion along with the elves, who now cannot be seen, heard, or even smelled by anyone other than themselves.   
------------      
Background: [3]   The sun is steadily setting. It will become dark in a few turns. The sky has cleared.   
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: September 30, 2008, 01:49:15 pm »

luckly darkness isn't a problem for me.
but it will be a great background for when i'll attack elves.

how many turns do i need to get powers back? it has already been 6 turns.

my action is: i try to get nearer to frelock , but without fighting the elves yet, if i can avoid that. i would like to save the lightnings for the darkness.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: September 30, 2008, 01:51:10 pm »

You already have your powers. You always have control of lightning, and electricity resist. It's just that you have some penalties when you're depleted, but those are gone now. Right now all you're missing is a +1 to speed.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: September 30, 2008, 01:52:52 pm »

yes, but...  is attack power just the same as full power? will i run out of electricity sooner?

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: September 30, 2008, 02:00:03 pm »

I raise a powerful and scary howl, to bring misery and despair into the elven hearts. They are to imagine their forests burned down to the last path of moss, their animals butchered and left to rot, their streams poisoned and salted, unable to sustain any life, and earth in their lands composed only from sulphur and pitchblende...

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: September 30, 2008, 02:02:25 pm »

Well. I'm kinda... stuck...

How am I going to get out of this one, I wonder?

I know! I'll create a space-time anomaly linking together two disparate points; a wormhole, if you will. This will be a very short range one, sufficing to get myself out of the crater and I will not enter it unless I feel confident in it, preferring for it to blow up in my face than to have it blow up while I'm halfway through.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: September 30, 2008, 02:05:08 pm »

Andrea: If you want to actually know the mechanics, click the spoiler.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Boksi, that one might be... problematic. The most problematic being the fact that according to the rules, it's possible, but what will happen on a 1 or 6 (or even on a 4, for that matter), I cannot tell.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: September 30, 2008, 02:09:09 pm »

On a 1 it'll implode and create a miniature black hole, and on a 6 it'll create an uncontrollable space-time rupture that will slowly erase the entire universe from existence.

Please don't make it so that I won't be able to get away though :<

EDIT: Oh, and a 4 would simply make a small one that' difficult to squeeze through.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: September 30, 2008, 02:12:19 pm »

Boksi, I can only intervene so much. I cannot save you from three [1]'s in a row.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: September 30, 2008, 02:21:27 pm »

What I was talking about was not insta-killing me if I got a 1 on the action. Three 1s in a row I can understand(even if it does suck), but not a single one.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: September 30, 2008, 02:22:33 pm »

so... i have -1 on electricity now?

i change my action. i charge toward boksi, avoiding fight as much as possible, but bashing elves using my maul if needed.
my main goal is to reach frelock before he dies. (there are so many people here, and the dying one is the healer!)

also boksi, it would kill you, but a wormhole... it has a good chance of killing also us. what about using TK to fly like frelock? or make a bridge with earth powers?

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: September 30, 2008, 02:23:31 pm »

Yeah, but variety! Besides, I promise to try to make it appear near some elves, away from you, okay?

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: September 30, 2008, 02:27:45 pm »

I grab Frelock and bring him with me to the keep. I also kill every elf who tries to stop me.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: September 30, 2008, 02:30:41 pm »

Well, on a 1 you would fail catastrophically without succeeding with the blackhole. If you got three [1]s, it would mean your movement caused the column to break, you fell, impaled yourself on a sharp stone, and got crushed by the column, and so died. If you get a 6, on the other hand... I think the second worst thing that can happen (after a 1 on dodge) is the keep teleporting on top of you.

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 409