Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404040 times)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Multiworld Madness. Runs RTD Extended 1.3.
« Reply #1080 on: September 28, 2008, 04:35:25 pm »

I help JK.

Put me on AI for the rest of this week, visiting family soon.

korora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: September 28, 2008, 04:39:56 pm »

OK, looks like it's time for some TK heal.
DFPaint, a cross-platform 'screenbuilder' utility

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: September 28, 2008, 04:52:36 pm »

I just realised I propably look somewhat terrific... Burnt skin and dwarven bone armor. And there is an iron golem and Mr. Lordi lookalike in the team. We could found a black (or death) metal group. :>

I grab a random dwarf and try to speak to him, calibrating the band. It would be good if he were willing to help, but it's not neccessary.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: September 29, 2008, 01:30:23 am »

I'd like to remind Frelock that he didn't actually post an action, unless "looks at LASD" was an action.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: September 29, 2008, 01:54:08 am »

I know, I was waiting for LASD, so I could determine what I should do.  I suppose I'll put up a turn now, just in case:

If LASD paralyzes an elf:
I strip that elf of armor and study the runes.

If LASD does not paralyze an elf:
I use my control over TK to unfasten the elven leader's armor, make it fly over to me, and study the runes.  (If I can mend arteries, I can surly unbuckle some armor, right?)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 01:58:50 am by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Prometheus

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: September 29, 2008, 05:12:47 am »

Actually, if you time-travel back to turn 29, you'll notice that the elf leader's armor has no runes, it's all of that material. It's the heavies that have the runes.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: September 29, 2008, 07:34:00 am »

I look through the fortifications and paralyze the heavy of Frelock's choice.

Dammit, I want a talking shield! It has to wait for now, but I'll get it. Then I can interrogate and persuade everyone with twice the power. (If the shield obeys me, that is.)

P.S. An interesting fact about Mr.Lordi: he lives in the same city as I do, some 15 kilometres to the east from where I live. ;D
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 07:36:47 am by LASD »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: September 29, 2008, 10:09:31 am »

First: I attack the Heavy again, if possible I also try to learn to bind TK to items, eg. turning my axe into into a TK axe that does the same amount of damage that Chaoticag just did.

Second: If the Heavy isn't dead yet i attack him again. If he is I Learn to bind Tk to items. If I have done that as well I bind TK to my axe to ade it in Squishing the puny elves.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: September 29, 2008, 03:35:46 pm »

*YAAAWN* Damn, I'm getting sleepy. I'll still try to finish this turn.

As for spoilers, well...

Did you know that a Claymore is a type of sword? One of you just took an axe to the matter, and made another kind of claymore out of it.
Another one of you managed to annoy a gopher.
Oh, and someone was almost turned into chunky salsa just now.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: September 29, 2008, 03:59:58 pm »

try to finish the turn if you can. i can't understand the spoilers

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: September 29, 2008, 04:06:48 pm »

Well, you know, claymore. The kind that says "FRONT TOWARD ENEMY" on one side.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: September 29, 2008, 04:14:11 pm »

sorry, can't understand that. if i looked in a dictionary i owuld find it, but i just don't care enough. swordish weapon is enough.

also, don't waste time for replyes! write!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: September 29, 2008, 04:20:58 pm »

I'm not wasting time, really. Most of the time I'm thinking up the results, writing is just a small fraction.

Speaking of which, the quality of my writing is probably starting to degrade now, but it's probably due to time constraints and me being tired lately.

------------      
Turn 35      
------------      
Quote from: Jay Kayell
   I smash the nearest heavy into a bloody pulp with my fists while reciting the holy texts of Armok   
|   For some reason, no holy texts of Armok come to mind, except..  BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!! You holler the battle cry of Armok! (the dwarves return the call, faintly heard from this distance) Invigorated, you crush the nearest elf heavy between your fists! | His wooden armor crumples as the runes explode into a cloud of sparks! He is thoroughly mangled, bleeding heavily, many of his bones are broken. | Despite his injuries, he still seems to be alive. Not content with that result, you pick him up and throw him into another heavy! | The elf is fighting chaoticag and does not notice the danger... THWACK! The bloody pile that once was an armored elf hits the heavy straight into the head! | His helmet bursts into splinters, the concussive force has shattered the elf's neck! | His body is thrown backwards in a limp lifeless heap. | The elf-projectile seems to have survived nevertheless, but he's very unconscious and very bleeding.   
Quote from: chaoticag
   I help JK.   
|   You run to the elf thrown away by Boksi, trying to lure him towards JK. You exchange blows for a while (or rather, exchange dodging blows), and just evade another attack, when out of nowhere… THWACK! - your adversary is hit by a bloody mangled body, and you hear a sickening crrack as his neck is broken by the impact. You look at JK and wonder whether he's been aiming or not.   
Quote from: andrea
   i heal myself .   
|   Overcoming the pain in your head, you focus and fix the damage done to you. Elica is still impressed with your healing abilities.   
Quote from: Boksi
   I stomp the ground and hope for my earth-manipulation non-power to kick in so I can split the ground beneath elven feet. Any elven feet, really, though I would prefer it to be under one of the heavies'.   
|   Boksi STOMP! Stomp! Stompity stomp! A very annoyed gopher pops up from a nearby hole and screams some gophery curses at you before disappearing down the hole again.   
Quote from: korora
   OK, looks like it's time for some TK heal.   
|   Sticking the Ashcraver into the ground to form a stationary shield, you concentrate on your TK powers. Despite being under attack, you perfectly seal up all the cuts you had accumulated from the arrows. You feel more confident in your healing skills. (You can now heal wounds at moderate range, and being attacked does not lose you the +1 bonus)   
Quote from: Gantolandon
   I grab a random dwarf and try to speak to him, calibrating the band. It would be good if he were willing to help, but it's not neccessary.   
|   You walk up to a random dwarf (one of the haulers), grab him by his clothes, look straight into his eyes, and speak to him, slowly, all the time thinking about the dwarven language. You feel the tingling sensation as the (rather frightened) dwarf responds to you, | and manage to keep concentrating as you touch your head in the needed places. Suddenly the dwarf's speech becomes understandable.   
Quote from: LASD
   I look through the fortifications and paralyze the heavy of Frelock's choice.   
|   Just as you try to focus your sight, squinting in the setting sun, at one of the elf heavies in the field, JK just goes and pulverizes two of them. The third one avoids your sight behind a hovel. On a positive side, your sight is still good enough to try this kind of trick.   
Quote from: Frelock
   "If LASD paralyzes an elf:
I strip that elf of armor and study the runes.

If LASD does not paralyze an elf:
I use my control over TK to unfasten the elven leader's armor, make it fly over to me, and study the runes.  (If I can mend arteries, I can surly unbuckle some armor, right?) "   
|   Turns out it's more difficult to do than you thought. While mending arteries comes almost natural to you, altering the process for a different use proves to be much harder than you anticipated. Nevertheless, you managed to do well enough to unfasten the wooden rune-covered armor of the dead elf heavy with the broken neck. You can go over and pick it up now.   
Quote from: Kashyyk
   I attack the Heavy again, if possible I also try to learn to bind TK to items, eg. turning my axe into into a TK axe that does the same amount of damage that Chaoticag just did.   
|   Seeing two of the heavies knocked out, you feel your rage burning. Crying out in mighty wrath, you raise your axe above your head and leap at the elf leader! Just as you are about to come down on the leader, you pour your TK into your axe, trying to augment your attack, but the force suddenly surges, fueled by your rage! With a deafening sound of shattering metal, your greataxe explodes into tiny metal splinters, that decimate everything in front of you! | The elf was swisscheesed by the pellets, though his armor is untouched, his blood bursting forth in mighty fountains from all over his body! | With most of his organs torn to shreds, the elf collapses to the ground. | Jay Kayell was standing too near and also got hit by a large amount of splinters, | but his armor protects him and uses the splinters to patch up the damage received by the recent attacks.   
Quote from: Rooster
   I craft myself some nice electric guitar !    
|   Examining your battleaxe, you suddenly realise it's a perfect base for a guitar! With a few quick passes you fish several metal strings out of your studded armor set, and fix them onto the axe. Spending a few minutes tuning, you finally manage to get some decent sounds out of the thing. Too bad it's not electric though, but if you ever find some speakers and batteries, you won't have much trouble turning it into one.   
------------      
NPC Actions:      
Quote from: Elica Larifera
   Elica is a swordself. Recently hired by Frelock. He's armed with a wooden longsword, and dressed in (somewhat pierced) green-grey close-fitting clothing with scarce leaf-shaped decoration. Is badly burned, but otherwise alright, standing in the completely destroyed tavern.   
|   He looks around, trying to find a safe way to go up, but doesn't find anything but the direct upwards route through the blasted hole.   
Quote from: Ballista operator dwarf
   This is the ballista operator dwarf who was resurrected by Frelock. He practically LOVES Frelock. Has brown hair and wears clothes of indiscernable blackish leather.   
   He takes a well-earned break while there's no combat happening. It's not like the stockpiles don't need to be restocked.   
Quote from: Horde of elves
   A sizeable threat to anything wearing leather or sleeping in wooden beds, this force of several thousand elves now surrounds the keep, and pretty much occupies the entire town. The elves seem hesitant. It seems they are waiting for a command.   
Quote from: Keep Defenders
   The dwarves and humans watch from their various emplacements as the elf army waits. Whoever have the skills are treating the wounded.   
Quote from: Elf Leader
   A very dead elf clad in shimmering cloth-like armor, wielding a shortbow of shimmering metal.   
Quote from: Elf Heavy 1
   Dead, his armor shattered.   
Quote from: Elf Heavy 2
   An elf clad in heavy wooden armor lined with a shimmering material, and armed with a broadsword with shimmering edges. On the ground not too far from Kashyyk and the rest of the gang.   
|   Seeing the death of his leader, the elf goes on a desperate charge against Kashyyk, but is met by Kashyyk's fist straight in the face! | His helmet cracks open with a cloud of sparks, and falls apart. His face is bruised and beeding lightly. He is unable to keep his balance and falls on his back.   
Quote from: Elf Heavy 3
   An almost-dead elf in shattered wooden armor. Unconscious and very bleeding.   
Quote from: Elf Heavy 4
   A very dead elf loosely covered by almost intact wooden armor with runes of shimmering material, with just the helmet missing.   
------------      
Elven assault!   No players are in conditions applicable for the roll. The elves will go mad next turn though, so get inside.   
------------      
Status after turn:      
Boksi:      
Standing upright out in the field near JK.      
Wearing a reddish-black jacket of Karl Moebius leather, underwear, and slightly torn jean shorts. Wielding a masterwork steel halberd. Holding a wooden arrow covered in andrea's blood.      
Minor scars on several places on the body.      
Abilities: Basic TK Manipulation.Basic TK Healing. Big Bully. Special status: Carbon Flesh Interweave. Can only speak goblin. Activated Visual Omnisensor.      
andrea:      
Standing upright in the cellar of the destroyed tavern ruins.      
Wearing underwear and fairly comfortable greyish trousers. Also wearing a armor set: -Iron splint-mail-, a shirt of leather, Bronze plated greaves, <<Iron high boots>>. Wields a +Steel maul+.      
Unharmed.      
Abilities: Shrapnel Self. Basic TK Healing. Empowered by Lightning (currently Moderately Drained, +1 agi, +1 spd, 1 turn to next level).      
korora:      
Standing upright out in the field near the horde of elves.      
Wearing underwear, and makeshift bra-scarf clothing. Also wearing the armor set: <<+Iron breastplate+>>, a soft leather shirt, an Iron helmet, some hard leather greaves and -Aluminum high boots-.  Owns an Iron handaxe and a -Black bronze warhammer-, both on the third floor of the keep for now. Wields The Ashcraver.      
Unharmed.      
Abilities: Mighty. Extremely Agile. Extended TK Healing.      
chaoticag:      
Wearing the armor set: +Steel Chestplate+, -Copper chainmail-, Aluminum cap, hard leather leggings and <<Copper plated boots>>. Wielding a wooden longsword.      
Unharmed.      
Abilities: Basic TK Healing. Basic TK Bolt.       
Gantolandon:      
Standing upright on the first floor of the keep.      
Wearing underwear, a thin silky sweater, and a set of armor: A <<*Bone full plate armor*>>, +Bone gauntlets+, +Bone high boots+, and +Bone full helm+. Holding a paperclip and a nice pair of white socks. Wielding a +Bone Axe+.      
Much of the skin is burned and causes pain. Right hand seriously burned. Face and most of the body bruised. Hands pierced by numerous splinters. Left wrist sprained. Nasty scratch along the head. Minor bleeding.      
Abilities: Basic TK Healing(!). Special status: Activated Selective Translator.      
Frelock:      
Wearing underwear, a somewhat dirty <<*Giant cave spider silk robe*>>, and +hippo leather sandals+. Wielding a Steel Quarterstaff and a -Small Iron throwing knife- as a backup weapon.      
Unharmed.      
Abilities: Slightly improved strength. Meagerly improved agility. Can be cautious while calm. Improved TK Healing III. Stone Frank's Revivification. Basic TK Field. Special status: Activated Selective Translator.      
Kashyyk:      
Naked. Wielding a makeshift Willow Buckler.      
Flesh turned into iron, three arrows sticking out of abdomen, right leg, and left shoulder, numerous small dints and cuts.      
Abilities: Enrage Other. Enrage Self. Basic TK Healing(!). Special status: Activated Selective Translator (2). Steel scales. Extra: Rollerblades in the forearms.      
Rooster:      
Standing upright on the roof of the keep.      
Wearing underwear (probably), a set of armor consisting of hard black studded leather armor and greaves, iron plated high boots, and fur-quilted iron shoulderpads with horns. Wields a +Steel Guitar-Battleaxe+.      
Unharmed.      
No outstanding abilities.      
LASD:      
Standing upright on the roof of the keep.      
Wearing underwear, and a white/pink/yellow suit and top hat made of underwear. Also wearing the armor set: <<+Iron chain Cuirass+>>, -Iron chain gloves-, Iron chain greaves, and Iron low boots. Wielding a *Aluminum tower shield*      
Battered head and upper body(back). Bruised left foot. Sprained right wrist. Minor burns on various parts of body.      
Abilities: Power of Peace. Power of Persuasion (suit bonus does not apply).Special status: Peacekeeper.      
Jay Kayell:      
Standing upright out in the field amidst the horde of elves, near where the elven leader was.      
Wearing purple stretchy shorts. Useless shreds of underwear on right arm. Wielding a +Iron flanged mace+. The armor is armed with a collection of axes and swords (including one shimmering elven blade and one wooden with shimmering edges), and its steel clawed fists as well. The armor has 5 unspent arrows.      
Unharmed, slightly dizzy from blood loss.      
Abilities: Novice Wrestler. Basic TK Healing. Blood of the Blood God. Blood Rage. Special status: Wearing Improved Corpse-steel power armor.      
---------      
Environment:      
Tavern:   Was a two-floor building. Now it's a mangled ruin, thoroughly blasted apart. The building used to contain your enter/exit point, but how to use it is completely up to you now.   
Human/Dwarven Capital:   Large city on the outskirts of hell knows where. Holds a modest amount of homes, from hovels to two-floor apartment buildings, a set of shops, a temple, and a keep. Currently being surrounded by a verily horde of elves. The dwarves are mounting a large defence using siege engines atop the keep.   
Food store:   Square one-floor building with long tables laden with salted and fried meats of all kinds. There's a single wide table at the far end, with a chest on top of it. There's a mighty fine hole broken through the ceiling.   
Cloth store:   Rolls of cloth and various cloth, silk, and leather articles of clothing are on the many shelves inside this building. There's a single wide table at the far end, with a chest on top of it. The entire building is barely standing, most of its roof is collapsed. There's a pile of elf-paste near the building, and some elven corpses.   
Armor store:   Everywhere in the shop various pieces of armor are thrown about, shields of different sizes litter the floor, and arrayed under the now-broken shelves and tables are enough various boots to outfit a battalion. At the far end of the building, there is a single wide table. The heavy chest is on the floor, broken, a large supplement of coins from it now covers the floor.   
The Keep:   Large four-floor building. The first floor is almost devoid of furniture. A lot of civilians are huddled together in groups all over the floor. At least a dozen and a half guards are also there. The second floor is a massive stockpile of wood, metal, and stone. Dwarves constantly lug the materials to the upper floors. The third floor is turned into a massive workplace, with many workshops constantly working. The fourth floor is a large storage of siege ammo and some strange barrels. The roof of the keep is fortified with 9 ballistae and 3 catapults. There is some strange metal safe in the center of the roof, with 4 small keyholes and 1 large depression.   
The Temple:   Tall and proud, beautiful building of white marble, a solid first floor surrounded by columns is supporting several ring-shaped floors held up by beautiful marble supports. A deep pool of shiny, clear water can be seen inside the building. Well, it probably was like that. The entire thing has recently tried to rise up in mighty wrath as a gigantic statue of a carp, but failed miserably and broke to pieces. Afterwards, the overpowered Rooster single-handedly sent the whole place into oblivion along with the elves, who now cannot be seen, heard, or even smelled by anyone other than themselves.   
------------      
Background: [5]   With the leader dead, the rest of the elves turn to panic. Some start retreating, but most go on an all-out suicidal assault on the keep. Andrea keeps hearing the beeping noise from the first floor of the tavern.   
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 04:46:13 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: September 29, 2008, 04:26:39 pm »

I focus my thoughts inward, on my own body, trying to find a way to be able to fall several meters and not break anything.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 409