Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404027 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Multiworld Madness. Runs RTD Extended 1.3.
« Reply #1050 on: September 27, 2008, 04:22:26 pm »

Alright, I made the turn. There are bound to be some errors in there, since this was rather rushed, and I'm a bit tired. Nevertheless, it's all good, I think. :P

------------      
Turn 33      
------------      
Quote from: andrea
   "i  heal elica!!
and , of course , i say nothing about who destroyed the tavern"   
|   You say nothing about your little misfire with the tavern. Instead you concentrate your power on the wounds the elf receives. You manage to free him from his uncomfy position, and close some of his wounds, when suddenly the pain in your hands throws off your concentration, making you release a powerful burst of telekinetic force! | With great effort you managed to protect Elica from the blast, but the expanding shockwave bursts outwards from the cellar, launching what was left of the tavern into the sky! | Unfortunately, the gravity took effect again, and most of the debris fell almost straight down, back onto you. | You shield Elica from the debris with the remnants of your TK field, but yourself are too slow to evade a large falling piece of flooring. The piece, that would in another situation make a nice raft, hits you smack in the head! | Lucky for you, the floor of the cellar wasn't improved in any way and was just soil. You took a heavy hit to the head, but your armor saved your body from damage, and you weren't crushed by the flooring because the soil let you sink into it, further cushioning the impact. (Your head is battered, you are dazed and bleeding, you also have a further -1 penalty to concentration. In addition, you are buried in a patch of soft sandy clay, covered by a heavy wooden piece of flooring (-2 movement))   
Quote from: Jay Kayell
   I slice my way through the heavies with my new sword and then stomp their leader into the mud.   
|   Your new sword set forward, you slash at the approaching elf heavies! | One manages to dodge, and another takes a hit, but does not flinch. The lines and runes on his armor light up briefly as the sword strikes the armor, and then go dim. Paying no heed to the futility of your attack, you jump upwards, intent on smashing the elf leader into the ground with your feet! | He quickly rolls away from your stomping attack, gets up, and procures a shortbow from behind his back. It's a very small and thin bow, you never managed to notice him wearing it. He takes an arrow from an unnoticable slit on the back of his armor, and readies it.   
Quote from: Frelock
   I heal chaoticag and boksi.   
|   You are becoming quite the expert in healing! Barely needing to concentrate now, you easily heal chaoticag. Boksi proves to be more difficult, however, but you still manage to fix his wounds, leaving only barely noticeable scars where he was burned. (Skill up! You can now heal up to three nearby targets, or two targets with concentration bonus.)   
Quote from: korora
   I'll hack my way to the elven leader... going out of my way to slay as many elves as possible, of course.  Ashcraver thirsts.   
|   You rush into the field, only to be met by a shower of arrows. | You manage to block most of them with the Ashcraver, but you still get many small cuts from arrows that flew too close. You are lightly bleeding.   
Quote from: LASD
   I find a safe reflecting something (that works like a mirror) and practice persuading by persuading myself to get better in persuading.   
|   You find a very nice reflecting suface - your own polished shield. Looking at your reflection, you start trying to persuade yourself to get better at persuading. Finally you are done. You firmly believe that you got better in persuading. Whether or not this is true varies depending on point of view. On a side note, the shield also got better at persuading, but it's not alive and can't talk, so...  yeah.   
Quote from: Kashyyk
   I march out of the bushes, as powerfully as possible. Hoping to suprise the Heavies into running away from this immortal advesary.   
|   You march out of the bushes, and let out a mighty roar! The heavies are undaunted. One of the three still capable heavies actually heads in your direction, with intentions quite opposite to a friendly hug.   
Quote from: chaoticag
   Now that I am finally alone, I heal myself using TK.   
|   You have already been healed, so you see no point in trying. Instead, you go for the downed elf heavy and try to kill him. | Striking at him with your sword, however, you discover the same effect. The runes glow, and your sword harmlessly bounces off the armor.   
Quote from: Gantolandon
   There is one more thing to do. I activate my band, trying to master dwarven language.   
|   You try to concentrate on the dwarven language, but suddenly summon a ghastly picture from your recent dream, of screaming bloody dwarves, and are so shocked you cannot continue.   
Quote from: Boksi
   I'll go get a few javelins instead if you would be so kind.   
|   You go out into the field in search of javelins, but find nothing but arrows. More importantly, some of those arrows are flying in your direction! | You dodge most of them, and your skin deflects those that managed to strike you.   
Quote from: Rooster
   I become a heavy metal god (I'm not talking here about eg steel but a form of agressive somethimes satanic music)   
|   Suddenly you materialize. You don't see it, but you feel it. In an infinitessimal moment, every last bit of the powers you had leaves you. Then the nightmare begins. Your entire body screams in agony, ravaged by a multidimensional anomaly! The rock under your feet starts to crumble, as your body begins to wither away into the interdimensional void! However, coming from the same multidimensional void, another entity seeks to take your place. A massive man with dark reddish skin, dressed in heavy studded leather armor with fur-quilted horn-bearning shoulderpads, wearing high boots of iron plate, and wielding an exquisite steel battleaxe. This body replaces your own, and your mind is overflowed with surges of emotion, from rage to sorrow, so completely you lose control of the body and fall to the floor. You feel that this body has potential to having great powers, but for now they are completely inaccessible to you. (You've transformed into a representation of Mr.Lordi. He's not a nice character, as per his own background, but he can wield massive powers. He can also play heavy metal, but you'll have to find an instrument for that. Oh, and the body shift left you devoid of any powers whatsoever.)   
------------      
NPC Actions:      
Quote from: Elica Larifera
   Elica is a swordself. Recently hired by Frelock. He's armed with a wooden longsword, and dressed in (somewhat pierced) green-grey close-fitting clothing with scarce leaf-shaped decoration. Is badly burned, but otherwise alright, standing in the completely destroyed tavern.   
|   He tries to free andrea from under the rubble, but he only manages to shift the flooring a little.   
Quote from: Ballista operator dwarf
   This is the ballista operator dwarf who was resurrected by Frelock. He practically LOVES Frelock. Has brown hair and wears clothes of indiscernable blackish leather.   
   He ceases his firing, somewhat puzzled at the fact that the elves are not attacking.   
Quote from: Horde of elves
   A sizeable threat to anything wearing leather or sleeping in wooden beds, this force of several thousand elves now surrounds the keep, and pretty much occupies the entire town. The elves seem hesitant. It seems they are waiting for a command.   
Quote from: Keep Defenders
   The dwarves and humans watch from their various emplacements as the elf army waits. Whoever have the skills start treating the wounded.   
Quote from: Elf Leader
   An elf clad in shimmering cloth-like armor, wielding a shortbow of shimmering metal. He shoots an arrow at JK!   
|   He shoots, but his aim is off, and the arrow barely grazes the surface of JK's armor.   
Quote from: Elf Heavy 1
   An elf clad in heavy wooden armor lined with a shimmering material, and armed with a broadsword with shimmering edges. Down on the ground near chaoticag, lower body badly cut.   
|   The elf tries to strike at chaoticag, but his hand fails him, and he lets his sword fly as he swings, missing chaoticag completely.   
Quote from: Elf Heavy 2
   An elf clad in heavy wooden armor lined with a shimmering material, and armed with a broadsword with shimmering edges. Walking toward Kashyyk.   
|   He runs closer to Kashyyk, but then considers his chances, and stops, not quite willing to die yet.   
Quote from: Elf Heavy 3
   An elf clad in heavy wooden armor lined with a shimmering material, and armed with a broadsword with shimmering edges. Standing near Jay Kayell and the elven leader.   
|   The elf strikes out at Jay Kayell! | The strange material of the sword easily cuts through the armor's side, severely cutting Jay Kayell's lower body from behind! | No vitals were hit, however, and the damage will heal itself.   
Quote from: Elf Heavy 4
   An elf clad in heavy wooden armor lined with a shimmering material, and armed with a broadsword with shimmering edges. Standing near Jay Kayell and the elven leader.   
|   This one also tries to attack JK, but his attempt at attacking is averted by JK suddenly turning toward him, making him cry in dismay and back off.   
------------      
Elven assault!   No players are in conditions applicable for the roll.   
------------      
Status after turn:      
Boksi:      
Standing upright out in the field not too far from the horde of elves.      
Wearing a reddish-black jacket of Karl Moebius leather, underwear, and slightly torn jean shorts. Wielding a masterwork steel halberd. Holding a wooden arrow covered in andrea's blood.      
Minor scars in several parts of the body.      
Abilities: Basic TK Manipulation.Basic TK Healing. Big Bully. Special status: Carbon Flesh Interweave. Can only speak goblin. Activated Visual Omnisensor.      
andrea:      
Down on the ground, under a pile of rubble in the cellar of the destroyed tavern ruins.      
Wearing underwear and fairly comfortable greyish trousers. Also wearing a armor set: -Iron splint-mail-, a shirt of leather, Bronze plated greaves, <<Iron high boots>>. Wields a +Steel maul+.      
Head battered. Bleeding. Hands burnt, in pain.      
Abilities: Shrapnel Self. Basic TK Healing. Empowered by Lightning (currently Depleted, 2 turns to regenerate another level). Special status: Movement constricted (-2).      
korora:      
Standing upright out on the street near the keep.      
Wearing underwear, and makeshift bra-scarf clothing. Also wearing the armor set: <<+Iron breastplate+>>, a soft leather shirt, an Iron helmet, some hard leather greaves and -Aluminum high boots-.  Owns an Iron handaxe and a -Black bronze warhammer-, both on the third floor of the keep for now. Wields The Ashcraver.      
Legs and arms bruised, numerous small cuts all over the body, light bleeding.      
Abilities: Mighty. Extremely Agile. Basic TK Healing (!).      
chaoticag:      
Standing upright, out in the field near the elven leader.      
Wearing the armor set: +Steel Chestplate+, -Copper chainmail-, Aluminum cap, hard leather leggings and <<Copper plated boots>>. Wielding a wooden longsword.      
Unharmed.   
Abilities: Basic TK Healing.      
Gantolandon:      
Standing upright on the third floor of the keep.      
Wearing underwear, a thin silky sweater, and a set of armor: A <<*Bone full plate armor*>>, +Bone gauntlets+, +Bone high boots+, and +Bone full helm+. Holding a paperclip and a nice pair of white socks. Wielding a +Bone Axe+.      
Much of the skin is burned and causes pain. Right hand seriously burned. Face and most of the body bruised. Hands pierced by numerous splinters. Left wrist sprained. Nasty scratch along the head. Minor bleeding.      
Abilities: Basic TK Healing(!).      
Frelock:      
Floating in a bubble of force above the elven leader and his cohort.      
Wearing underwear, a somewhat dirty <<*Giant cave spider silk robe*>>, and +hippo leather sandals+. Wielding a Steel Quarterstaff and a -Small Iron throwing knife- as a backup weapon.      
Unharmed.      
Abilities: Slightly improved strength. Meagerly improved agility. Can be cautious while calm. Improved TK Healing III. Stone Frank's Revivification. Basic TK Field. Special status: Activated Selective Translator.      
Kashyyk:      
Standing in field near the elven leader and his cohort.      
Naked. Wielding a -Steel Greataxe- and a makeshift Willow Buckler.      
Flesh turned into iron, three arrows sticking out of abdomen, right leg, and left shoulder, numerous small dints and cuts.      
Abilities: Enrage Other. Enrage Self. Basic TK Healing(!). Special status: Activated Selective Translator (2). Steel scales. Extra: Rollerblades in the forearms.      
Rooster:      
Down on the floor on the roof of the keep.      
Wearing underwear (probably), a set of armor consisting of hard black studded leather armor and greaves, iron plated high boots, and fur-quilted iron shoulderpads with horns. Wields a +Steel Battleaxe+.      
Unharmed, dazed.      
No outstanding abilities.      
LASD:      
Standing upright on the roof of the keep.      
Wearing underwear, and a white/pink/yellow suit and top hat made of underwear. Also wearing the armor set: <<+Iron chain Cuirass+>>, -Iron chain gloves-, Iron chain greaves, and Iron low boots. Wielding a *Aluminum tower shield*      
Battered head and upper body(back). Bruised left foot. Sprained right wrist. Minor burns on various parts of body.      
Abilities: Power of Peace. Power of Persuasion (suit bonus does not apply).Special status: Peacekeeper.      
Jay Kayell:      
Standing upright near the elven leader.      
Wearing purple stretchy shorts. Useless shreds of underwear on right arm. Wielding a +Iron flanged mace+. The armor is armed with a collection of axes and swords (including one shimmering elven blade), and its steel clawed fists as well. The armor has 5 unspent arrows.      
Unharmed, slightly dizzy from blood loss.      
Abilities: Novice Wrestler. Basic TK Healing. Blood of the Blood God. Blood Rage. Special status: Wearing Improved Corpse-steel power armor.      
---------      
Environment:      
Tavern:   Was a two-floor building. Now it's a mangled ruin, thoroughly blasted apart. The building used to contain your enter/exit point, but how to use it is completely up to you now.   
Human/Dwarven Capital:   Large city on the outskirts of hell knows where. Holds a modest amount of homes, from hovels to two-floor apartment buildings, a set of shops, a temple, and a keep. Currently being surrounded by a verily horde of elves. The dwarves are mounting a large defence using siege engines atop the keep.   
Food store:   Square one-floor building with long tables laden with salted and fried meats of all kinds. There's a single wide table at the far end, with a chest on top of it. There's a mighty fine hole broken through the ceiling.   
Cloth store:   Rolls of cloth and various cloth, silk, and leather articles of clothing are on the many shelves inside this building. There's a single wide table at the far end, with a chest on top of it. The entire building is barely standing, most of its roof is collapsed. There's a pile of elf-paste near the building, and some elven corpses.   
Armor store:   Everywhere in the shop various pieces of armor are thrown about, shields of different sizes litter the floor, and arrayed under the now-broken shelves and tables are enough various boots to outfit a battalion. At the far end of the building, there is a single wide table. The heavy chest is on the floor, broken, a large supplement of coins from it now covers the floor.   
The Keep:   Large four-floor building. The first floor is almost devoid of furniture. A lot of civilians are huddled together in groups all over the floor. At least a dozen and a half guards are also there. The second floor is a massive stockpile of wood, metal, and stone. Dwarves constantly lug the materials to the upper floors. The third floor is turned into a massive workplace, with many workshops constantly working. The fourth floor is a large storage of siege ammo and some strange barrels. The roof of the keep is fortified with 9 ballistae and 3 catapults. There is some strange metal safe in the center of the roof, with 4 small keyholes and 1 large depression.   
The Temple:   Tall and proud, beautiful building of white marble, a solid first floor surrounded by columns is supporting several ring-shaped floors held up by beautiful marble supports. A deep pool of shiny, clear water can be seen inside the building. Well, it probably was like that. The entire thing has recently tried to rise up in mighty wrath as a gigantic statue of a carp, but failed miserably and broke to pieces. Afterwards, the overpowered Rooster single-handedly sent the whole place into oblivion along with the elves, who now cannot be seen, heard, or even smelled by anyone other than themselves.   
------------      
Background: [2]   Nothing of interest this turn.   
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 06:54:30 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: September 27, 2008, 04:31:35 pm »

I TK blast the heavy in the face!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: September 27, 2008, 04:36:30 pm »

hmmm... i was thinking that it was 3 turns since i lost my powers... shouldn't i get part of them back now?
(run to taver, go to cellar, heal elica. yes, it was 3)

well, not that i am going to use them soon.

i try to free myself

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: September 27, 2008, 04:41:44 pm »

Hm, yeah, you probably should. I'll stick a timer into your status so I won't forget.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: September 27, 2008, 04:41:58 pm »

I'll attack one of the heavies with as much brutality as I can muster. RAAAGHH!
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: September 27, 2008, 04:46:24 pm »

hmm... does that elven leader have an hidden luck bonus? we couldn't hit him once!

also, do you have a cursed die? we are veeery unlucky on background rolls :(

well, in some turns we will see if the elf's luck is stronger than my hammer!

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: September 27, 2008, 04:48:39 pm »

Remember, the elves never die from old age. This particular elf could be hundreds of years old.

Or it could just be some rotten luck :3
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: September 27, 2008, 04:58:15 pm »

Do we still need to fight elves right now? Because it seems that's the dwarves who have what we are looking for. My proposition: let's claim it. With their help or without it.

I try to find a baron. Or a mayor. Or anybody who's looking important enough to make decisions.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: September 27, 2008, 05:00:30 pm »

I pray to the gods to make my shield become sentient (preferably without being able to feel pain) and learn to speak.

This could turn out fun.  ;D

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: September 27, 2008, 05:09:57 pm »

well, try to ask to the mayor to give you the key then.

but i think i'll still fight elves. i dont want to go away before the end of this battle. but since there are thousands of elves, getting the key before the end might be a good idea.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: September 27, 2008, 05:14:14 pm »

I grab the elven leader, smack him against the ground a few times, and then absorb him and everything he is carrying into my armor.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: September 27, 2008, 05:48:03 pm »

I try to understand the elven runes, their purpose, how they work, and most importantly, how to make them.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

korora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: September 27, 2008, 06:12:20 pm »

Clearly the elves are too pansy to come out and fight, choosing instead to pepper me with their futile arrows.  Well, I'll take the fight to them, then: I rush the leader with the Aschraver.
DFPaint, a cross-platform 'screenbuilder' utility

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: September 28, 2008, 03:26:51 am »

Though I have no powers now I like this one better ( at least I can feel heavy metal)
I have read 2 books about Loki but he's so deep character that I just couldn't pretend to be him
haha looks like I have potential now!
first:
I try to get the ability to devour souls (by pleasing the ultimate evil god !)
second:
I craft myself some nice electric guitar !

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: September 28, 2008, 03:55:28 am »

Not Loki, Lordi. As in, him.

The wiki article is here.

You don't exactly look like that, you're more or less a "basic form" of that character now, powerless.

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 409