Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404023 times)

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Multiworld Madness, or I Am Positively Insane.
« Reply #105 on: September 03, 2008, 09:28:59 pm »

I try to remedy my horrible counting ability.  (Not a serious post.)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 04, 2008, 04:55:37 am »

I force my body to turn into iron, turning myself into an golem.
I am going to get a 1 for this, I know it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2008, 06:37:17 am »

I suspect rather that you'll meta-fail. You'll succeed on a 5, and you'll do nothing on a 2, but anything else will have negative results. I didn't roll yet, so I'll list your other options, in case you want to consider them.

You encase yourself in an iron statue.
You turn yourself into iron. Nonmagical iron.
You turn yourself into an iron golem, which proceeds to wreck havok on everyone, with your consciousness locked inside its body.
You turn yourself into an iron golem, and spawn several other iron golems around you. They proceed to wreck havok on you.

Fun, huh?

p.s. This isn't exactly to discourage the action, you can go ahead and take the risk (and open a player slot, hehe), but that magnitude of action will only succeed on a 5 here. Remember, there's no magic in DF.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 06:45:49 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 04, 2008, 07:59:07 am »

*Sheesh* I really suck at dice but maybe if my second action works, then maybe I will succed at healing my brain

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 04, 2008, 08:03:27 am »

I persuade the dwarf (politely, he has an axe) to tell me everything he knows about the tavern and it's surroundings while he eats. You don't want to prevent a dwarf from eating.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 08:05:11 am by LASD »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 04, 2008, 10:40:48 am »

well, I won't perma-die unless I get the multiple other golems result so lets do it!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 04, 2008, 03:09:51 pm »

Sorry for the delay, folks, I got a little carried away with Spore, awful though it is, and I'm having some problems with rolls. Not with rolling, but with rolls. This game is becoming a real RTD now. That is, chaotic and appropriately demented. :)

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 04, 2008, 04:10:58 pm »

A lot of people got bad rolls this turn. Kashyyk is still not dead (you can almost say undead), but dangerously close. Only one character was sent unconscious this turn, and only one became naked.

------
Turn 4
------
andrea: i order some underwear to become some kind of comfortable, (yada yada yada) , clothes
=[4] You succeed in ordering the underwear to become clothes. The underwear is probably still dazed and confused from all that launching and impacting, so instead of clothes, it forms a pair of rough greyish trousers. They don't feel magical, but are fairly comfortable.

Gantolandon: I'll try to dream about something nice at least.
=[5-2(unconscious)=3] You dream about sitting in a tavern, clothed in nice clothes, and eating a slab of fried meat. Suddenly you wake up. You're not sitting, and you're not eating meat, but to your surprise your previously naked body is now wearing underwear and a thin silky sweater. Your head still hurts like hell though. (-1 to concentration rolls)

Jay Kayell: Firstly I apologize to the dwarf for interrupting his meal, then I materialize a masterwork adamantine halberd from thin air.
=[4] You apologize, but the dwarf doesn't seems to notice, or understand. You then try to materialize a masterwork adamantine halberd. As you concentrate every ounce of your will on the space before you, a transparent shape of a halberd appears. The dwarf suddenly looks up, greatly interested by your action. You keep up the concentration long enough for the halberd to take form, then you can't take it any more and drop it. The suddenly material halberd is standing vertically, its handle on the floor. It is made of a light grey, sparkling metal, and seems to emanate a cold aura. The dwarf looks at the halberd with his eyes open wide in disbelief. The halberd then obeys the laws of mechanics and gravity, and falls sideways. As soon as it impacts the floor, it shatters into a myriad brilliant pieces. (Ouch. You know, adamantine's tensile strength ain't so good at absolute zero. :))

korora: I'll root through the heap of torn clothing for something useful.
=[2-1(stunned)=1] Ouch. You manage to get up and "egress" to the second floor without further injury. You dig and dig through the pile of clothing, but don't manage to find anything of use. In addition, you drip blood all over the pile. You decide that trying to pick the pile apart isn't going to work and decide to drop it from the second floor in hopes of scattering it. You pick up the heap, with great effort, and push it over the low guard-rail of the second floor. As the heap's weight leaves your strained arms and starts falling, you realise that a bright red scarf from the heap has coiled around your left arm. [2] You don't manage to free your arm, and the heap's weight yanks you over the edge!
Reverse bungee jump! [3] You catch the edge of the second floor with your free hand just in time. The heap has hit the floor and scattered. You still damaged your right hand during the stunt. You also kept the scarf.
Heap? What heap? Dodge rolls for people on the first floor:
andrea: [1] You managed to be standing right at ground zero. The heap of clothing hits you on the head! You are on the floor and unconscious. (-2 to next action, failure will reduce to -1)
Gantolandon: [1] Your prostrate form is hit by both the cloth heap and andrea. You hear some of your ribs give off a very unpleasant crack. Your lower body is also hit, you feel nauseous, [2] and vomit. (-1 to concentration-dependant rolls until next action is resolved)
Jay Kayell: [1] You jump away from danger, but stumble on a birchen chair and fall backwards. [4] Your fall is cushioned by some underwear. You are only bruised.
chaoticag: [4] You manage to jump away, unharmed.
The dwarf was out of reach of the cloth wad.

chaoticag: I attempt to learn how to speak dwarven.
=[1] You try to replicate the effect you achieved before with understanding the language, but in your attempts to activate the band, you accidentally turn the translator off again. You can't for the life of you figure out how it works.

Frelock: I try to fashion some comfortable clothes (not a tux, they are very uncomfortable) from all the underwear lying about.
=[4] You use the underwear, the cloth wad, and some mad ninja skills to make some fairly awful, from a quality standpoint, but still pretty comfortable clothes, namely a greenish warm sweater and skyblue shorts.

Boksi: I attempt to create some Möbius clothing out of the underwear.
=[4] You concentrate. Underwear around you starts moving at your command. You close your eyes and focus your will on one thing: "möbius clothing". You feel a great rage of unknown energies around you. When it passes and you open your eyes, you find a dark grey leathery jacket on the floor. When you pick it up and look at it, you notice a label. It says "Genuine Möbius"

Kashyyk: I force my body to turn into iron, turning myself into an golem.
=[4] With a deafening scream, you let loose dark powers of the unknown! You feel your consciousness being caught in the swirling fury of a greater mind, locked away for millenia, looking for a way to escape. The rage of energies tears the clothing off your body. As your body turns into iron, the greater mind takes control of it, leaving your former self whimpering in a dark corner of its dark soul. You are now an iron golem alright, a reincarnation of a legendary iron man slain a LOT of years ago by an ancestor of the dwarf sitting on the first floor. You aren't technically dead yet, but it might not last. The golem takes his time to accustom to his new form.

LASD: I persuade the dwarf (politely, he has an axe) to tell me everything he knows about the tavern and it's surroundings while he eats.
=[3+1=4] Observing chaoticag's efforts with the band, you try to activate your own. After a few unsuccessful tries, you manage to activate the transator, though you can't remember anything specific about how you did it. After this, you carefully got attention of the dwarf, and asked him a question, "What happens here?" using a few sign language constructions you suddenly remembered. The dwarf seems confused at first, but suddenly his face lightens up a bit, and he starts describing the doings in the land during the past few days. You couldn't understand the names used, but you could gather from it all that two years ago, his nation started a war with the elves, over what they claim to be an act of theft. In the last few days, scouts were reporting a massive horde of several thousand elves marching through the lands to this town, the capital. He himself is a general, and the leader of the local military, a force of roughly 30 dwarves and 50 humans. He then said, looking you straight in the eyes. "This prob'ly be my last meal, son. If ye want'd adventure here, ye've come to the wrong place. But if ye be tougher than yer scrawny looks suggest, ye might find a glorious end in battle." He sighes, and gets up. "Them elves are prob'ly on the town's border by now. 'scuse me, but I have matters to attend. Armok bless ye and good day to ye." He then takes his axe and walks out of the tavern.

Rooster: I try to train myself in first aid and various doctor skills and such
=[3-1(dmg)=2] You fail to acquire or remember any medical skills.
------
Status after turn 4:
Boksi: Standing upright. Naked. Holding a dark leather jacket made of Karl Moebius.
LASD: Sitting on a chair. Wearing underwear, and a very nice-looking white/yellow/pink suit, with a top hat, all made of underwear. (+1 to persuading an NPC to do a nonviolent action)
Gantolandon: On the floor, face upwards. Wearing underwear and a thin silky sweater. Slightly cracked skull, bruised upper body, a pair of cracked ribs, minor internal organ damage, nauseous (-1 to concentration rolls next turn). Covered in vomit. Clutching a paperclip.
chaoticag: Standing upright. Wearing underwear. Can barely hear things (-1 to dodge something not seen). Can no longer understand dwarven.
Frelock: Standing upright. Wearing underwear. Meagerly improved agility (+1 to critical agility rolls). Holding a greenish warm sweater and skyblue shorts.
andrea: Lying on top of Gantolandon. Wearing underwear and fairly comfortable greyish trousers. Can order any touched object to explode in his direction. Unconscious (-2), covered in Gantolandon's vomit.
korora: Hanging by one hand on the edge of the second floor. Wearing underwear, and a pink bra around the neck. Nose broken, light bleeding, face battered, scratched, and in splinters. Bruised arms, hands, upper body. Right hand damaged from overstraining. Red scarf coiled around left arm.
Kashyyk: Standing upright. Naked. Can cause any living being in immediate vicinity to attack him with utmost brutality. Is an iron golem posessed by a raging spirit of a slain legendary iron man.
Rooster: Staning upright. Wearing underwear. Doesn't know who he is, and calls himself Red. Head hurts due to light brain damage. (-1 to actions involving intelligence, wit, or concentration)
Jay Kayell: On the floor, face upwards. Wearing purple stretchy shorts. Underwear-powered (underpowered?) contraption on right arm (+1 to strength actions with the arm). Slightly bruised shoulder, bruised head, back, and left elbow.

NPC status:
Kashyyk as the body for an iron golem.

Environment:
Tavern building. 2 floors. Tables and chairs are placed on both floors. On the second floor, there is a pile of underwear and the green rug and panel. On the first floor there is a door outside,

everything else is covered by various underwear and torn blood-spotted clothing. The quantum underwear stockpile is closed and locked.

Background check: [3] Amid all the tumult, korora spots a trapdoor leading downwards in a corner of the building.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 04:20:55 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 04, 2008, 04:19:21 pm »

Well, I suppose my next logical step would be to put on the clothes.  Oh, and thanks, andrea.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 04, 2008, 04:22:07 pm »

I break a table, in hopes that something weapon-like will be formed.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 04, 2008, 04:29:02 pm »

Is the iron golem hostile?

Edit: I concentrate on learning the greater mysteries of unarmed combat to become a legendary+5 wrestler
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 04:59:54 pm by Jay Kayell »
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

korora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 04, 2008, 04:30:22 pm »

Man, I can't catch a break.  I guess my only real option here is to try to climb up from where I'm hanging and hope for a better roll than the ones I've been getting drop on andrea and Gantolandon and hope they break my fall.
DFPaint, a cross-platform 'screenbuilder' utility

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 04, 2008, 04:36:31 pm »

I have a jacket made out of the skin of a famous ecologist named Möbius...

Awesome. And creepy, but still awesome.

Hmmm. I open the door leading to outside, hopefully finding a tree to climb up into.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 04, 2008, 05:12:42 pm »

uh... what can i do? i am unconscious...

i dream (yes, that is my action)

so... elves are near here.
we have 2 chances: be fight or run. i don't know what will happen. but it would be a good idea if somebody made a pile of weapons. wooden weapons if we only have the furniture of the tavern. but we need weapons. or good legs to run.

korora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 04, 2008, 05:38:35 pm »

I think making anything out of wood at this point would be a phenomenally bad idea.

Also, I'm not sure we can assume that the elves will be hostile barring them finding us with wood/leather items (Boksi). 

Worst-case, maybe we can unleash the golem on them and hope for the best?
DFPaint, a cross-platform 'screenbuilder' utility
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 409